Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 55  All

Author Topic: Mafia XXXIV: The Game of Thrones Mafia! (Day 2!!)  (Read 118510 times)

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia XXXIV: The Game of Thrones Mafia! (Day 2!!)
« Reply #1150 on: November 18, 2013, 12:28:25 pm »

eevee are you going to want to vote before you leave or wait until you get to china?
i'm confident i'll get on enough to vote, i'll like call my brother and tell him my password and tell him to read the pages out loud and vote if need be.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1151 on: November 18, 2013, 12:29:14 pm »

Eevee, can you direct me to (vaguely) where you start talking about mail-mi yesterday? Just a post number, I'm having trouble ctrl+f'ing my way to it.
have some poker tables but give me a couple of minutes.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #1152 on: November 18, 2013, 12:33:38 pm »

Can someone on the Voltaire wagon please unvote for the time being?
We have only a day, and no ones gonna derphammer. BTW, if you hammer without intent you are claiming scum.

Still on phone, but lynch list:

Walrus
Eevee
Voltaire.

I don't think we're going to lynch outside of these 3 and frankly I'm okay with that.
Can we expect some reasons for the list when you get on your computer? Maybe even reasons for why some people aren't included to top it off?

For all the times we asked for your reads, this answer of "these three players are scummier than the other two" is a bit of a lackluster. There are five people we are considering here, I don't think it's unreasonable to ask for thoughts on everyone.

When you get home obviously, we still have full 24 hours.

So I found this from Eevee. It's worth noting that mail-mi has listed 2 town players + Eevee. I also don't think that Teproc could be mail-mi's partner for an extra reason beyond the fact that Teproc is town - mail-mi wanted to hammer chairs D1.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1153 on: November 18, 2013, 12:36:04 pm »

1. WalrusMcFishSr - my thoughts are known - a scum read
2. Chairs/Teproc - chairs's outing looked like town frustration (the way it went down), teproc has been playing impressively and quite towny. i disagree with giving yuma town points for soft deadline suggestions, as he does that in every game, but teproc is still a solid town read.
3. Robz888 Killed Night1, Vanilla Townie - rest in peace robz, we will avenge you!
4. Voltaire - hasnt had revolutionary great ideas, has actually blended in surprisingly edgelessly. slight scum read for that (and for all i know thats the best way to catch scumvoltaire.. i'm not sure though.)
5. Yuma - is so hard to read. putting in a lot of effort reads towny on intuational level.
6. EFHW - an enigma? she always seems to avoid my attention for some reason. scummy due to PoE / not doing anything towny-appearing.
7. Mail-Mi - voting history yesteday is the single scummiest thing yet to happen this game. would be very willing to lynch. does anyone recall how town/scum mail-mi has voted in the past? i dont mean not explaining his votes here, i mean plobbing them down to anyone who has a remote chance of getting lynched.
8. Eevee - that's me, town!
9. Faust Lynched Day1, Vanilla Townie - poor faust.

Vote: mail-mi
OMGUS.
Well, I was voicing suspicion of you way before you decided to vote for me without giving reasons, so that's very true.
Including this because I like how witty I was!

I really don't understand - you seem to be doing extensive rereads on everyone else and really considering all the angles.. and when it comes to mail-mi you just say "seems like his town self". What's the difference between his town and scum play? If I had to summarize mail-mi's play to this point without reading back, I'd say "has posted the least, has been willing to participate in any lynch imaginable". I wouldn't be surprised if mail-mi was willing to hammer TA or nkirbit if we ran them up to three votes!

Mail-mi, what are your reads in this game? I honestly have no clue.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1154 on: November 18, 2013, 12:37:35 pm »

Voltaire, you are dodging my question.

The case on me, as you put it, is PoE and lurking. Why doesn't that apply to mail-mi?

It does! But you and mail-mi do not have the same metas. Surely you can see this.
All I can see is you dodging the question for.. what, the fifth time? I can't for the life of me understand why you are withholding this information. Let me offer a hypothesis: it's because you are scum and inventing reads, and actually have no reasons. Am I correct?

No, not at all! In fact, I can't even understand how I didn't answer your question. I have explained my read on mail-mi many times. Can you try re-phrasing it, on the chance we're both town and talking past each other?
When I say "fact" in this post, I mean "fact as I see it". If any of my premises are wrong, do correct me.

Fact 1: First you cross off mail-mi and teproc off of today's lynch pool, because they are too towny.
Fact 2: With the remaining players, you went and are still going to great lengths with rereads, covering multiple angles, thinking of possible scumteams, all the work to determine who to lynch today.

Now, I agree with excluding teproc. I have a strong town read on him as well - partially due to chairs stuff, and partially due to his own play. It all adds up to a town narrative - to me he is clearly the least likely to flip scum from my pool of five unknowns.

The question is: Why are you excluding mail-mi? Yep, you've said "meta reasons", multiple times now. What are those meta reasons? -that's the question I feel you are dodging.

I hate, hate hate hate calling scum teams, but here goes with Voltaire - mail-mi. It's beyond me really, Voltaire is by no means an IC, he decides mailmi is off the table, dodges my inquiries for his reasons for that - AND NO ONE SEEMS TO THINK MAIL-MI IS A VIABLE LYNCH NOW??? Whaaaaat?

I know this is not coming out coherent (my brain is quite fried from the session still, but I was pretty eager to get back to this), but to anyone suspecting mail-mi but not voting for him because he isn't viable.. why isn't he viable?

*If you (Voltaire) already answered the question and I just missed a post, I'd like to prematurely announce I feel like a jerk.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #1155 on: November 18, 2013, 12:38:32 pm »

Mmmmm...is that it? Those would seem like very safe votes/interactions between possible partners.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #1156 on: November 18, 2013, 12:39:13 pm »

Eevee, it looks like you used this to try to get me lynched, not mail-mi. Do you see the difference I was talking about earlier? It looks like you want mail-mi to be considered but not lynched.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1157 on: November 18, 2013, 12:39:25 pm »

I definitely agree with Teproc that mafia deserves was scrutiny for that INCREDIBLE scummy voting history. Like, yes, he has a meta of being erratic as town as well, but we can't just absolve him of all the responsibility for his votes because of that. Mailmi, was there any lynch yesterday you werent comfortable? If you are town, dont you realize how easy that makes it for scum - they have your vote on all their mislynch wagons, almost by default.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #1158 on: November 18, 2013, 12:40:30 pm »

On the other hand...mail-mi's replies to you...hmm.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #1159 on: November 18, 2013, 12:43:26 pm »

I want to look again at EFHW's yuma/Eevee theory.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1160 on: November 18, 2013, 12:44:50 pm »

Eevee, it looks like you used this to try to get me lynched, not mail-mi. Do you see the difference I was talking about earlier? It looks like you want mail-mi to be considered but not lynched.
Well, you know, I thought your position on him was extremely off, so I called you out on it. There are more words about you because you actually answered to my posts. Mail-mi was never really viable, no one but me and teproc were even considering him. Maybe I abandoned it too easily, but you were the only one responding to my points about him and you had taken him off the table and were not budging on that, so..

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #1161 on: November 18, 2013, 12:45:55 pm »

1. WalrusMcFishSr--Doesn't feel like his normal self, also lurking and pleasing the crowd.
2. Chairs/Teproc--Super duper townie. Don't lynch.
3. Robz888 Killed Night1, Vanilla Townie
4. Voltaire--Nullish, hasn't done some of the (oh how to word this) super Townie-ish things I expect from Voltaire, but isn't too scummy either.
5. Yuma--Keep mixing him up with Toy Story yuma. Anyway, under a lot of pressure today. Reacted a bit aggressively, slight scummy (I hope I'm not getting mixed up with Toy Story yuma still.)
6. EFHW--JK
7. Mail-Mi--obvtown
8. Eevee--Lurking, except now that he's called out GUESS WHAT? he's back. Scummish read.

Scum to chum:

Walrus
Eevee
Voltaire
yuma
Teproc
EFHW
mail-mi

PPE:7 had to go to dinner in the middle of writing

Here's another "guess where they'd put their partner" thing - if it's mail-mi/yuma mail-mi has yuma in the "right" spot (not obviously scum but not obviously town) as at this point EFHW was IC and everyone was assuming Teproc town.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1162 on: November 18, 2013, 12:46:48 pm »

I am ready to vote for Voltaire. My mind is made up.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #1163 on: November 18, 2013, 12:47:02 pm »

Well, you know, I thought your position on him was extremely off, so I called you out on it. There are more words about you because you actually answered to my posts. Mail-mi was never really viable, no one but me and teproc were even considering him. Maybe I abandoned it too easily, but you were the only one responding to my points about him and you had taken him off the table and were not budging on that, so..

Fair point.

I think I want to stop considering Eevee/mail-mi.

That leaves me with only two options. Eevee/yuma or yuma/mail-mi.

I think I'm ready to vote. But I won't until Teproc can give more extended thoughts, and mail-mi too.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #1164 on: November 18, 2013, 12:47:12 pm »

Ha! Hello scum.  :)

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1165 on: November 18, 2013, 12:47:28 pm »

vote: voltaire

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1166 on: November 18, 2013, 12:47:57 pm »

going to go hang with my baby girl. Peace all. Have fun in china eevee

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #1167 on: November 18, 2013, 12:48:12 pm »

vote: voltaire

vote: yuma

Town yuma doesn't take this chance at a scum quickhammer.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1168 on: November 18, 2013, 12:48:50 pm »

and for all this talk about mail-mi, the votes land on non-mailmi people..

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1169 on: November 18, 2013, 12:49:27 pm »

i dont think i should vote yet.

teproc, hold off until mailmi gets on as well

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #1170 on: November 18, 2013, 12:49:32 pm »

I actually suddenly feel pretty good about our chances. Available for questions all day. I'm going to keep questioning my assumptions that led me to this point just to make sure I haven't derp!voted, but I feel really good right now.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #1171 on: November 18, 2013, 12:50:09 pm »

and for all this talk about mail-mi, the votes land on non-mailmi people..

I now think the likeliest team is yuma/mail-mi, but do you see, from my point of view, why voting yuma makes more sense?

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #1172 on: November 18, 2013, 12:52:59 pm »

1. WalrusMcFishSr--Doesn't feel like his normal self, also lurking and pleasing the crowd.
2. Chairs/Teproc--Super duper townie. Don't lynch.
3. Robz888 Killed Night1, Vanilla Townie
4. Voltaire--Nullish, hasn't done some of the (oh how to word this) super Townie-ish things I expect from Voltaire, but isn't too scummy either.
5. Yuma--Keep mixing him up with Toy Story yuma. Anyway, under a lot of pressure today. Reacted a bit aggressively, slight scummy (I hope I'm not getting mixed up with Toy Story yuma still.)
6. EFHW--JK
7. Mail-Mi--obvtown
8. Eevee--Lurking, except now that he's called out GUESS WHAT? he's back. Scummish read.

And look at this, too - slight scummy. That's where scum puts their partners (or usually has historically). Note that yes, he also put Eevee in that territory, but there's more extended interactions between them. I'm going to re-read to confirm it, but I don't think there's very much between yuma/mail-mi at all. That's usually a red flag.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #1173 on: November 18, 2013, 12:56:45 pm »

BLAH!!!!
This is exactly the thing scum types after an IC lynch. Although, considering both the PRs are gone, this could be a reaction from a townie. Ugh, mylo! My top scum read is now Eevee, followed by yuma. Really certain it's eevee, and the partner could be either yuma or voltaire but its gotta be eevee.

This is what I was talking about with weird stuff today from mail-mi. He says his quote of yuma means yuma is scum, then immediately hedges, does a generic "ugh" and then says it's Eevee! In the same post he said it was yuma.  :o

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #1174 on: November 18, 2013, 12:59:26 pm »

Now going to re-read portions of the thread thinking mail-mi/yuma. Then will do the same thinking yuma/Eevee (after re-reading EFHW's reasons for believing such).
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 55  All

Page created in 0.081 seconds with 16 queries.