Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 55  All

Author Topic: Mafia XXXIV: The Game of Thrones Mafia! (Day 2!!)  (Read 119468 times)

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia XXXIV: The Game of Thrones Mafia! (Day 2!!)
« Reply #1125 on: November 18, 2013, 11:43:55 am »

Better shorter explanation - I had no reason to think mail-mi was town earlier. I also had no reason to think he was scum. Now I have reasons to think he is scum and no reasons to think he is town (atm).

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia XXXIV: The Game of Thrones Mafia! Day one start!!
« Reply #1126 on: November 18, 2013, 11:44:59 am »

Surprised to see Voltaire lead the post count. I guess it's that he has been going against the flow lately, especially day 1. I honestly think that's a great thing and love his approach, a bit surprised we aren't seeing any original ideas from him here yet.

I guess it's worth noting that (as far as I can tell) Eevee was the first person to say this about me. For some dumb reason that seems like town-points to me.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1127 on: November 18, 2013, 11:45:25 am »

Post count!

Eevee: 109
yuma: 224
mailmi: 60
voltaire: 252
chairs+teproc: 28+89

Teproc's (and my) posts are like way longer than mailmi's though, and teproc (and mine) activity has rising, not declining throughout the game. Not much to glean from this though, except I do think teproc deserves towncred for being so active (compared to someone we know nothing of who just subs in at the start of day 2).

Teproc

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Teproc
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #1128 on: November 18, 2013, 11:48:15 am »

As far as a Voltaire/mail-mi scumteam goes, Eevee, it's the most likely scum team I think.

It's closely followed by Voltaire/Eeevee and yuma/Eeevee (that one makes me very worried) though.

I'll post more later, but those three + yuma/mail-mi are the only teams I'm seriously considering right now.
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #1129 on: November 18, 2013, 11:50:29 am »

Eevee, as far as catching scum!yuma goes, the only game I've played where I did that was one where yuma screwed up a quickhammer and outed himself as scum.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1130 on: November 18, 2013, 11:54:09 am »

I have 2.5 hours until leaving. I'm worried about my availability from there on, so the more people we have to play blitz with me until then, the better.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #1131 on: November 18, 2013, 11:55:27 am »

I have 2.5 hours until leaving. I'm worried about my availability from there on, so the more people we have to play blitz with me until then, the better.

Well, there's no need to follow yuma's self-imposed Tuesday deadline. When does your availability pick back up?

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1132 on: November 18, 2013, 12:01:44 pm »

Well, there's no need to follow yuma's self-imposed Tuesday deadline. When does your availability pick back up?
that's the problem, i wont be back until after the deadline.

My availability might be just fine though, we are staying 3-4 star hotels so they should have wifi. I've just been told to expect nothing when it comes to travelling in china.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia XXXIV: The Game of Thrones Mafia! Day one start!!
« Reply #1133 on: November 18, 2013, 12:07:02 pm »

At this point my reads are:

want to lynch: voltaire, faust
willing to lynch: EFHW, chairs
not so interested in: eevee, mail-mi
Won't lynch: robz, walrus

oh hey lookit thiz

This is where scum puts their partners.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #1134 on: November 18, 2013, 12:07:28 pm »

Again, not that I'm saying this makes me think yuma is scum. It's just hilariously unhelpful.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1135 on: November 18, 2013, 12:08:18 pm »

that's the problem, i wont be back until after the deadline.

My availability might be just fine though, we are staying 3-4 star hotels so they should have wifi. I've just been told to expect nothing when it comes to travelling in china.

from my experience in china the wifi was extremely hit or miss i think in the month i was there i had it about 10 days total

but i was saying in student dorms and somewhat less established hotels

i can try and play blitz with you but am playing one handed while baby watching (wife's first day back at work)

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1136 on: November 18, 2013, 12:17:20 pm »

Better shorter explanation - I had no reason to think mail-mi was town earlier. I also had no reason to think he was scum. Now I have reasons to think he is scum and no reasons to think he is town (atm).
I think eliminating someone from the pool of candidates definitely implies seeing reason to think they are town. You really went from "mailmi is off the table" to "mailmi is the best lynch" with just one flip in between. It's pretty extreme.

That whole exchange is even more troublesome for me now, I felt I wasn't getting anywhere so I dropped it yesterday but.. maybe the problem was that I WAS getting somewhere (and you are running a hail mary now, banking no one thinks you can be partners if you get him lynched today)..

I know these are musings that are hard for you to respond to, but I think better when I type my thoughts out.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1137 on: November 18, 2013, 12:18:30 pm »

I believe scum would have made an effort to have at least an active member.

I do agree with this, especially given mail-mi's recent lynches based off him lurking in lio's game... can't remember the name of that one

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1138 on: November 18, 2013, 12:20:15 pm »

I believe scum would have made an effort to have at least an active member.

I do agree with this, especially given mail-mi's recent lynches based off him lurking in lio's game... can't remember the name of that one
For me this is pretty null because I think everyone has been at their expected level of activity, expect for Teproc who is a positive surprise.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #1139 on: November 18, 2013, 12:20:22 pm »

All our wagons, both lynch and L-1's:

Robz888(4): Mail-Mi, Voltaire, WalrusMcFishSr, Yuma (L-1)
WalrusMcFishSr (4): Chairs, Eevee, Mail-mi, Faust (L-1)
Robz888(4) Voltaire, Faust, Chairs, Walrus (L-1)
Chairs (4): Robz888, EFHW, Walrus, Chairs (mail-mi stated intent to hammer, so ignoring the self-vote, this is also a L-1)
Voltaire(3): Yuma, EFHW, Mail-Mi, Walrus (L-1)
Faust(5): Voltaire, Robz, Yuma, Chairs, Mail-mi (lynch)
Voltaire (3): yuma, Walrus, EFHW (L-1)
EFHW (3): yuma, Eevee, Voltaire (L-1)
Voltaire (3): Eevee, yuma, Walrus (L-1)
Walrus (3): mail-mi, Voltaire, Teproc (L-1)
Voltaire (3): Walrus, yuma, Eevee (L-1)
Walrus (4): mail-mi, Teproc, Voltaire, EFHW (lynch)

Off-wagon D1
faust, Eevee, EFHW, Walrus
Off-wagon D2
yuma, Walrus, Eevee

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #1140 on: November 18, 2013, 12:21:36 pm »

I think eliminating someone from the pool of candidates definitely implies seeing reason to think they are town. You really went from "mailmi is off the table" to "mailmi is the best lynch" with just one flip in between. It's pretty extreme.

That whole exchange is even more troublesome for me now, I felt I wasn't getting anywhere so I dropped it yesterday but.. maybe the problem was that I WAS getting somewhere (and you are running a hail mary now, banking no one thinks you can be partners if you get him lynched today)..

Well, I know you won't necessarily believe this, but if we lynch mail-mi and he flips scum I would agree that I should still be "on the table" from the point of view of everyone else...like I already said, scum easily busses today if they need to.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1141 on: November 18, 2013, 12:22:01 pm »

i think part of this is that I have had more or less a town read on eevee for much of the game. Not a strong one, but he hasn't ever screamed scum to me the way that voltaire has.

i think voltaire is mail-mi's partner and is bussing him either to hopefully get the win tomorrow or hoping that no one follows him on it and can get a mislynch on eevee or me or teproc (last one unlikely)

but i am more confident that voltaire is scum than i am that mail-mi is... volt could be partners with eevee I think.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1142 on: November 18, 2013, 12:22:57 pm »

Voltaire, what I'm saying is, I think you are definitely downplaying the 180 you made on mail-mi. It's weird.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1143 on: November 18, 2013, 12:23:05 pm »

eevee are you going to want to vote before you leave or wait until you get to china?

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #1144 on: November 18, 2013, 12:23:57 pm »

Voltaire, what I'm saying is, I think you are definitely downplaying the 180 you made on mail-mi. It's weird.

It's a 180 based on the fact I was not willing to vote for him yesterday and I am today. It is not a 180 in my read on him. I think we are talking about different sides of the same coin, so to speak, here.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1145 on: November 18, 2013, 12:24:35 pm »

i think part of this is that I have had more or less a town read on eevee for much of the game. Not a strong one, but he hasn't ever screamed scum to me the way that voltaire has.

i think voltaire is mail-mi's partner and is bussing him either to hopefully get the win tomorrow or hoping that no one follows him on it and can get a mislynch on eevee or me or teproc (last one unlikely)

but i am more confident that voltaire is scum than i am that mail-mi is... volt could be partners with eevee I think.
Mylo is so stressful.. at first I was excited that we are seeing eye to eye and got it right.. then I got absolutely terrified you are scum enabling my bad reads to win the game.

uggggghh! yuma, you, me and teproc seem to pretty much agree? what are the chances we just have it right?

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1146 on: November 18, 2013, 12:25:33 pm »

Mylo is so stressful.. at first I was excited that we are seeing eye to eye and got it right.. then I got absolutely terrified you are scum enabling my bad reads to win the game.

uggggghh! yuma, you, me and teproc seem to pretty much agree? what are the chances we just have it right?

I don't know. I like that teproc agrees with me, but I feel like I might being played by you. But I have to go with my gut regardless of your reads.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #1147 on: November 18, 2013, 12:25:44 pm »

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #1148 on: November 18, 2013, 12:26:50 pm »

The more Eevee posts the more townie he gets. The more yuma posts the more scummy he gets.

mail-mi either of their partners by POE? Or are they hoping Teproc votes me and signalling that they are getting ready to quickhammer?

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #1149 on: November 18, 2013, 12:27:42 pm »

Eevee, can you direct me to (vaguely) where you start talking about mail-mi yesterday? Just a post number, I'm having trouble ctrl+f'ing my way to it.
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 55  All

Page created in 1.963 seconds with 17 queries.