Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 55  All

Author Topic: Mafia XXXIV: The Game of Thrones Mafia! (Day 2!!)  (Read 118475 times)

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia XXXIV: The Game of Thrones Mafia! (Day 2!!)
« Reply #1000 on: November 13, 2013, 05:37:40 pm »

Ok.... I am here at least for a while. With baby I really have no idea if I will be present or not from here up until deadline... but will try as I can.

Where do we stand? Two players at L-1...

Teproc

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Teproc
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #1001 on: November 13, 2013, 05:38:44 pm »

Eevee, just in case you didn't see it : don't hammer before EFHW comes back (in an hour or so). I put Walrus at L-1 for clarity's sake mostly.
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #1002 on: November 13, 2013, 05:39:40 pm »

Where do we stand? Two players at L-1...

Myself and Walrus at L-1, EFHW has not checked in yet.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1003 on: November 13, 2013, 05:42:13 pm »

I'm going back and forth with you guys like all the time..

We've been town together a lot lately - and you've grown tremendously as a town player. You've more than once introduced new ideas I've found helpful or explained something I've intuitively thought in a logical way. I've agreed with most if not all of your reads, even in MC despite it's size. I don't mean to bash you, you've played just.. fine here, but really, just fine. Nothing has stood out, except for some of the reads you've given we disagree on (namely mail-mi, although I admit I don't find your position on him as crazy now that you explained it.. the fact it took you so long is a bit scummy though, maybe you tried to avoid the question until you realized you can't and then made up an answer). Walrus is a harder nut to crack, as I have way way less experience playing with him.

You've been super pleasant to me all day today, despite us both suspecting the other heavily. I don't mean to say you are a jerk who picks fights.. but it still feels a bit weird (although the good kind of weird, I really like it!) My brain might be playing tricks on me to get clarity here, because I do realize town has equal motivation to try to influence others to note vote for them using emotions ("gee he is being so nice to me, what if he is town..").

Man! I don't know! Maybe the move for me would be to hammer walrus as that'd guarantee I get my 2nd preferred lynch through (and that it doesn't spin back to me for example).

Gotcha. I will say, that sounds like a gut read, so I can't really refute it.

I will also say, if I am lynched for not being super amazing pro-town Superman, that will actually be the biggest compliment ever. No sarcasm.
I know how you feel, Voltaire (if you are town anyways). The case on me sounds like a gut read + missing the end of day 1, so we are in the same boat there at least.

If you are town, I'm sorry. I guess it is a compliment.  :)

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1004 on: November 13, 2013, 05:43:00 pm »

Eevee, just in case you didn't see it : don't hammer before EFHW comes back (in an hour or so). I put Walrus at L-1 for clarity's sake mostly.
obv. I'll be on, no benefit in hammering prematurely.

Playing poker, back in 30min.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1005 on: November 13, 2013, 05:52:16 pm »

Well this is tricky, because I really don't like the walrus lynch... at all. AT ALL!

I just can't see him getting lynched... so I would vastly prefer an Eevee lynch over that. So I am tempted to go that way, but still think voltaire is the way to go here.

I guess it kinda depends on how EFHW is feeling. I don't think she liked a Walrus lynch that much, so I think I will stay pat on Voltaire.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1006 on: November 13, 2013, 06:02:57 pm »

I'm back as well, just paging EFHW now.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #1007 on: November 13, 2013, 06:05:59 pm »

And I'm leaving soon, but will return for a bit before deadline (unfortunately not quite sure when).

If I end up being the lynch, please wait to let me have final words.

WalrusMcFishSr

• Minion
  • An enormous walrus the size of Antarctica
    • View Profile
« Reply #1008 on: November 13, 2013, 06:25:37 pm »

All right. Work is busier than I expected; I don't have time to go through and properly do a post by post breakdown for Voltaire, and it's so close to deadline that it might not even be appropriate.

What I did do was go back and look through Volt's first ~30 posts both here and in MC. Other people did this for me, so maybe you should try for Volt too (although I know you guys are collectively more familiar with his style than I am, or than you are with mine). In MC he was all over it right from the start. Asking the right questions, voting judiciously, seeking out threads to unravel. I remember being impressed by his performance--that's why I psychoanalyzed him N1, because I thought he was a valuable player who needed to be cleared! By contrast, here it just feels like a lot of one-liners, vague suspicions, and tunneling Robz for a while. Nothing with nearly the same substance or clarity, although the post count is high.

Now you can call this a gut feeling if you want. But I don't think it's baseless. Feel free to reread and see if you disagree. I know he has also stated that he considers his performance in MC to be exceptional, and maybe we're just lynching him now for not being Superman, but to be honest that seems like the sort of thing despondent scum might say too.

So I'm keeping my vote there. Think of it as a compliment, Volt! :P I'll be around until deadline but still bedeviled by work.
My Dominion videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/WalrusMcFishSr   <---Bet you can't click on that!

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #1009 on: November 13, 2013, 06:44:39 pm »

Well, it turns out I'm back and have to go already, so I have to leave my vote on Walrus. There's no way around this.

Final words, if I'm lynched: apologies for the (retroactively) poor play D1 that led to this situation, as that appears to be all this is. Scum almost certainly has to be participating in this. Please don't forget to look at all the L-1 wagons on D1, as well as the end of this day. And the D1 final vote too. I've put my reads pretty much out there, you can look them up. Mostly though, I think this mislynch truly has to be scum-driven.

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1010 on: November 13, 2013, 06:47:58 pm »

ok, sorry I'm late.  I still don't want Walrus.  catching up.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1011 on: November 13, 2013, 06:50:39 pm »

intent to hammer Voltaire.  Sorry if that's wrong.  Best I can do today.  I have to go eat, I'll be back in 20 min or so.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1012 on: November 13, 2013, 06:55:09 pm »

intent to hammer Voltaire.  Sorry if that's wrong.  Best I can do today.  I have to go eat, I'll be back in 20 min or so.

well let's hope for the best. I am super glad you aren't for a walrus lynch. I am very confident in that area, somewhat less so about voltaire, but as with you I think that is our best bet for today.

One more argument about this...

Day1 we had large wagons on chairs/teproc, faust, robz and voltiare. 2 of those are guaranteed town. One is believed to be town by everyone here. I would hope that town wouldn't be sooo bad to completely whiff on day1. It is certainly possible, but I would hope that it didn't here and if so would point toward voltaire being scum.

I guess Walrus had a big day1 wagon didn't he? So that either makes the situation even worse or means that both EFHW and I are completely off base on this.

Teproc

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Teproc
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #1013 on: November 13, 2013, 06:57:07 pm »

Yeah Walrus got to L-1 on day 1 as well.

I hope I'm wrong about Voltaire, but in any case his flip should be very informative.
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1014 on: November 13, 2013, 07:03:05 pm »

Yeah Walrus got to L-1 on day 1 as well.

I hope I'm wrong about Voltaire, but in any case his flip should be very informative.

Well then for me that means that if voltaire is town then every single wagon from day1 was either on town or on players that I have strong town reads on... and would mean that either I am completely off on my read of Walrus/teproc or mail-mi/eevee is the scumteam and completely avoided all suspicion day1....

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1015 on: November 13, 2013, 07:09:55 pm »

I am having a really hard time posting and accessing the forum... hopefully the forum doesn't go down before EFHW gets back and can vote... or the mods give an extension if the forum does go down... (or maybe it is just me)

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1016 on: November 13, 2013, 07:10:58 pm »

I am having a really hard time posting and accessing the forum... hopefully the forum doesn't go down before EFHW gets back and can vote... or the mods give an extension if the forum does go down... (or maybe it is just me)

If the forums do indeed go down, we will grant an extension. But I think it's just you, I am having zero problems.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1017 on: November 13, 2013, 07:12:23 pm »

If the forums do indeed go down, we will grant an extension. But I think it's just you, I am having zero problems.

Cool.

the last two posts took about 4 attempts each to get through. Not sure why that happens, but occurs about once a week for me.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1018 on: November 13, 2013, 07:22:38 pm »

had to go for a bit, here again to catch up

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1019 on: November 13, 2013, 07:24:11 pm »

yup, walrus's work on voltaire sort of confirms my gut read? that's what i was saying, but with examples and stuff. i'm keeping my vote on voltaire. alea iacta est?

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1020 on: November 13, 2013, 07:27:36 pm »

Forgot I also wanted to look at the wagon on me:

yuma, Eevee, Voltaire, Teproc.  no mail-mi!  Also no Walrus, who says he thought I was town.

Someone on that wagon is probably scum.

So, a few last words.  It has been great being your IC - I'm so much calmer when no one is suspecting me!  I think if Voltaire is scum, then I'd look to Eevee as his partner. 

If Voltaire is town then everyone should be back on the table.  Someone needs to take a very careful look at yuma again (with your fingers in your ears so the sirens don't tempt you to the island where yuma is always town).  I have been wondering why he put Robz to L-1, but didn't want to clutter up the deadline talk with that.  Feel free to answer now, tho. 

Teproc has only seemed scummy in his choice of Walrus and mail-mi as suspects, but if Voltaire is town it does seem like we will also need to take another look at Walrus.

If there is a roleblocker, I am sunk no matter who I pick, so let's hope there isn't one.

I wish it was possible to be more confident, but we have incomplete information.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1021 on: November 13, 2013, 07:29:50 pm »

Actually, even if Voltaire is scum everyone should be back on the table.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1022 on: November 13, 2013, 07:30:27 pm »

I have been wondering why he put Robz to L-1, but didn't want to clutter up the deadline talk with that.  Feel free to answer now, tho. 

playing the role of ashersky, the thread wasn't progressing and I think it helped. Plus I felt that voltaire's reasoning at that stage in the game was good enough for an early vote.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #1023 on: November 13, 2013, 07:32:44 pm »

Back unexpectedly early! Was I hammered?

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #1024 on: November 13, 2013, 07:32:59 pm »

Quick grocery trip.
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 55  All

Page created in 0.044 seconds with 16 queries.