Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 55  All

Author Topic: Mafia XXXIV: The Game of Thrones Mafia! (Day 2!!)  (Read 118478 times)

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia XXXIV: The Game of Thrones Mafia! (Day 2!!)
« Reply #975 on: November 13, 2013, 03:57:28 pm »

Eevee was the one on Voltaire.  Teproc on Walrus.  So we have 3 votes for Voltaire, 3 for Walrus, and me. 

So we don't have the votes for Walrus anyway, it seems, unless someone changes their mind. Which would need to be EFHW (highly unlikely), yuma (I highly doubt it), Walrus (duh no), or Eevee (quite possible).

So basically it looks like we can lynch Walrus over EFHW's objections if Eevee decides to vote Walrus instead of me.

We can lynch me, probably, if Eevee joins yuma and Walrus, and EFHW as well, all of which seems plausible.

We can lynch Eevee - well, can we lynch Eevee? I would vote Eevee, mail-mi has, EFHW has...we'd need a fourth vote. Teproc has said he won't, yuma seems unwilling, that leaves only Walrus - who says Eevee is his second choice. So yes, we can lynch Eevee.

Those seem to be our big candidates. I would personally love to add yuma to the table, but I really don't see the support. Plus, it would need to (again) be over the IC's objections.

So the viable candidates clearly seem to be myself, Walrus, and Eevee. Lynching Walrus is possible but would need to be done over EFHW's objection.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #976 on: November 13, 2013, 03:57:58 pm »

Correct me if there are errors in this. The purpose was to make sure we weren't spread apart to the point of an accidental no-lynch from failing to get a majority on someone.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #977 on: November 13, 2013, 03:59:38 pm »

We can lynch Eevee - well, can we lynch Eevee? I would vote Eevee, mail-mi has, EFHW has...we'd need a fourth vote. Teproc has said he won't, yuma seems unwilling, that leaves only Walrus - who says Eevee is his second choice. So yes, we can lynch Eevee.

No I am willing. I would highly prefer voltaire, but could vote eevee if your lynch didn't go through.

Teproc

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Teproc
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #978 on: November 13, 2013, 04:02:06 pm »

This is how I see it as well, although I don't know where most people stand on yuma. You and me makes two, it's possible that two other people would be willing ?

I'm not sure going against EFHW's will is a big problem. It's not like being an IC makes her reads any better (sorry EFHW, I just happen to disagree with your reads ;)). Besides, wouldn't a wagon without EFHW on it be more informative ? Maybe not.

In any case, I don't think it makes much of a difference wether or not a lynch is "IC approved".
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #979 on: November 13, 2013, 04:07:49 pm »

This is how I see it as well, although I don't know where most people stand on yuma. You and me makes two, it's possible that two other people would be willing ?

I'm not sure going against EFHW's will is a big problem. It's not like being an IC makes her reads any better (sorry EFHW, I just happen to disagree with your reads ;)). Besides, wouldn't a wagon without EFHW on it be more informative ? Maybe not.

In any case, I don't think it makes much of a difference wether or not a lynch is "IC approved".

It matters in a tiny way to me, in that her opinions are guaranteed to be pure. In that maybe you really are pulling the wool over on me and everyone else, but I know EFHW isn't doing that.

So you, me, EFHW have shown a willingness for yuma.

I'm trying to make sure we've looked at all of this from every angle...

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #980 on: November 13, 2013, 04:08:41 pm »

Actually maybe it is better info if EFHW is on the wagon now that I think of it. If we lynch town, it's pretty certain 1 scum at least is gonna be on the wagon, so it reduces the possibilities I guess. Does that make sense ?
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #981 on: November 13, 2013, 04:09:53 pm »

Vote Count 2.10:

Eevee (1): EFHW
Walrus (2): mail-mi, Voltaire
Voltaire (2): Walrus, yuma

Not voting (2): Teproc, Eevee

With 7 alive, it takes 4 to lynch.

Day 2 ends November 13 at 8:00 p.m.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #982 on: November 13, 2013, 04:13:49 pm »

Actually maybe it is better info if EFHW is on the wagon now that I think of it. If we lynch town, it's pretty certain 1 scum at least is gonna be on the wagon, so it reduces the possibilities I guess. Does that make sense ?

Well...7 alive, 4 to lynch. Lynchee won't vote for themselves. 6 possible votes. If EFHW is always on-wagon, 5 possible votes. There are 2 scum, so it is possible for the three remaining town to lynch town without scum's help. So I'm not sure.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #983 on: November 13, 2013, 04:16:29 pm »

Actually you're right, it's just me and you, I forgot that EFHW took yuma off the table for herself (something I strongly disagree with. EFHW, was your reason really just "he's scumhunting?" Of course scum!yuma scumhunts!").

So we'd need yuma opinions from mail-mi, Eevee, and Walrus, and we'd need 2 of those 3 to be votes. Still possible, I guess.

WalrusMcFishSr

• Minion
  • An enormous walrus the size of Antarctica
    • View Profile
« Reply #984 on: November 13, 2013, 04:39:17 pm »

I don't intend to vote for yuma today. Unless, like, he comes out tap dancing wearing a neon sign that says "I'M SCUM".

I see your request EFHW...I am at work up until deadline, but I will try to throw something together in the next hour or so.
My Dominion videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/WalrusMcFishSr   <---Bet you can't click on that!

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #985 on: November 13, 2013, 05:04:32 pm »

Back, won't leave before the deadline (might play poker so unable to write big posts, but can read and vote at the very very least).

I won't vote for yuma. I would vote for Walrus and Voltaire both if I could, slightly prefer Voltaire though.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #986 on: November 13, 2013, 05:06:46 pm »

So that appears to make yuma non-viable officially then.

I, btw, may not be around at deadline. I'll be here for another hour and will be able to pop in at least once after that, but the odds I'm around at the actual deadline are low. At this point, I like my vote on Walrus, I'll move it to Eevee if I have to, and that appears to be all there would be for me to do.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #987 on: November 13, 2013, 05:13:43 pm »

Yea, looks like it's either me, Voltaire or Walrus.

I don't want to be not voting.. Vote: Voltaire

L-1!!!

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #988 on: November 13, 2013, 05:14:23 pm »

OK, something else I realized we need to think about - a possible BP claim. Scum knows the setup now, so they know if there is one. So a BP claim is not trustable. Unless we get a counterclaim and have time to switch the lynch (if desired) at the last minute, I can't imagine any reason not to lynch through a BP claim, as we have no way to tell the difference between real and fake claims.

Am I missing something?

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #989 on: November 13, 2013, 05:15:34 pm »

L-1!!!

What have I done that is more scummy than your long-standing Walrus case? (I am not saying you haven't said it, I'm more asking you to direct me to the relevant posts).

Obviously I would love to have you voting Walrus instead.  :)

nkirbit

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #990 on: November 13, 2013, 05:16:22 pm »

Vote Count 2.11:

Walrus (2): mail-mi, Voltaire
Voltaire (3): Walrus, yuma, Eevee {L-1}

Not voting (2): Teproc

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #991 on: November 13, 2013, 05:16:33 pm »

I haven't mentioned it because it didn't seem relevant, but that is correct. In fact, if someone BPT claims at L-1, the real BPT (if he exists) shouldn't even bother to counterclaim.

Since Eevee put Voltaire at L-1, I'll do the same : vote:Walrus

I'll point out that EFHW won't be back before 6:30 pm, and we want her to do a final post (since she's likely to die), so no hammering until then.

nkirbit

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #992 on: November 13, 2013, 05:17:48 pm »

Vote Count 2.12:

Walrus (3): mail-mi, Voltaire, Teproc {L-1}
Voltaire (3): Walrus, yuma, Eevee {L-1}

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #993 on: November 13, 2013, 05:20:05 pm »

I'll point out that EFHW won't be back before 6:30 pm, and we want her to do a final post (since she's likely to die), so no hammering until then.

The silver lining is she'll have a 1/5 chance of stopping her kill, better if her reads are good.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #994 on: November 13, 2013, 05:21:44 pm »

Also, potential issue - EFHW seems to have me lowest of her scum candidates today, and doesn't want to lynch Walrus. We need to have as many people around as possible to switch to Eevee to avoid lynching me by default, should someone decide not to hammer Walrus over EFHW's objection, if EFHW decides not to hammer me.

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #995 on: November 13, 2013, 05:27:52 pm »

I was looking at the possible combinations for a lynching today, and, if I'm not mistaken, here's how they look :

Voltaire : Eevee, yuma, EFHW, Walrus (mail-mi ?)
Walrus: Teproc, Eevee, Voltaire, mail-mi
Eevee: Voltaire, EFHW, mail-mi, Walrus, yuma

So more people are willing to lynch Eevee than anyone else. I think that makes him more likely to be town. Well, unless he has a scum partner pretending to be ok with his lynch but who won't actually vote for him unless things look desperate.

Probably nothing, but eh.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
« Reply #996 on: November 13, 2013, 05:31:09 pm »

I was looking at the possible combinations for a lynching today, and, if I'm not mistaken, here's how they look :

Voltaire : Eevee, yuma, EFHW, Walrus (mail-mi ?)
Walrus: Teproc, Eevee, Voltaire, mail-mi
Eevee: Voltaire, EFHW, mail-mi, Walrus, yuma

So more people are willing to lynch Eevee than anyone else. I think that makes him more likely to be town. Well, unless he has a scum partner pretending to be ok with his lynch but who won't actually vote for him unless things look desperate.

Would much prefer walrus or eevee to volt but still could if he's the only lynch (which he probably wont be so eh.)
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #997 on: November 13, 2013, 05:31:27 pm »

L-1!!!

What have I done that is more scummy than your long-standing Walrus case? (I am not saying you haven't said it, I'm more asking you to direct me to the relevant posts).

Obviously I would love to have you voting Walrus instead.  :)
I'm going back and forth with you guys like all the time..

We've been town together a lot lately - and you've grown tremendously as a town player. You've more than once introduced new ideas I've found helpful or explained something I've intuitively thought in a logical way. I've agreed with most if not all of your reads, even in MC despite it's size. I don't mean to bash you, you've played just.. fine here, but really, just fine. Nothing has stood out, except for some of the reads you've given we disagree on (namely mail-mi, although I admit I don't find your position on him as crazy now that you explained it.. the fact it took you so long is a bit scummy though, maybe you tried to avoid the question until you realized you can't and then made up an answer). Walrus is a harder nut to crack, as I have way way less experience playing with him.

You've been super pleasant to me all day today, despite us both suspecting the other heavily. I don't mean to say you are a jerk who picks fights.. but it still feels a bit weird (although the good kind of weird, I really like it!) My brain might be playing tricks on me to get clarity here, because I do realize town has equal motivation to try to influence others to note vote for them using emotions ("gee he is being so nice to me, what if he is town..").

Man! I don't know! Maybe the move for me would be to hammer walrus as that'd guarantee I get my 2nd preferred lynch through (and that it doesn't spin back to me for example).

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #998 on: November 13, 2013, 05:31:35 pm »

We potentially get to find out how serious Eevee is in his read on Walrus.

So the "I won't vote Eevee" crowd is just Teproc? I do think scum busses in this situation if they have to, for sure. And I think yuma would fit that definition you're looking for, Teproc, if that is the situation we are in. If.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #999 on: November 13, 2013, 05:33:34 pm »

I'm going back and forth with you guys like all the time..

We've been town together a lot lately - and you've grown tremendously as a town player. You've more than once introduced new ideas I've found helpful or explained something I've intuitively thought in a logical way. I've agreed with most if not all of your reads, even in MC despite it's size. I don't mean to bash you, you've played just.. fine here, but really, just fine. Nothing has stood out, except for some of the reads you've given we disagree on (namely mail-mi, although I admit I don't find your position on him as crazy now that you explained it.. the fact it took you so long is a bit scummy though, maybe you tried to avoid the question until you realized you can't and then made up an answer). Walrus is a harder nut to crack, as I have way way less experience playing with him.

You've been super pleasant to me all day today, despite us both suspecting the other heavily. I don't mean to say you are a jerk who picks fights.. but it still feels a bit weird (although the good kind of weird, I really like it!) My brain might be playing tricks on me to get clarity here, because I do realize town has equal motivation to try to influence others to note vote for them using emotions ("gee he is being so nice to me, what if he is town..").

Man! I don't know! Maybe the move for me would be to hammer walrus as that'd guarantee I get my 2nd preferred lynch through (and that it doesn't spin back to me for example).

Gotcha. I will say, that sounds like a gut read, so I can't really refute it.

I will also say, if I am lynched for not being super amazing pro-town Superman, that will actually be the biggest compliment ever. No sarcasm.
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 55  All

Page created in 0.052 seconds with 20 queries.