Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 55  All

Author Topic: Mafia XXXIV: The Game of Thrones Mafia! (Day 2!!)  (Read 118484 times)

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia XXXIV: The Game of Thrones Mafia! (Day 2!!)
« Reply #850 on: November 12, 2013, 04:19:54 pm »

Walrus did go for the faust wagon. He stated intent to hammer but mail-mi beat him to it.

Oof, that last faust post was a doozy wasn't it? Certainly it dispels some reservations I had about lynching him.

I could hammer or mail-mi could; I don't care.

Please read the whole of my posts... this is like the fourth time you have not read the whole thing and made yourself look rather foolish... (assuming you are talking to me here....)

So I think town points go to walrus for staying away from the faust wagon. although at the end (after faust's post that garnished most of our attention) he does say he is willing to vote and hammer him. So maybe that negates the town read from it

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #851 on: November 12, 2013, 04:21:01 pm »

What do we make of Robz's statement that scum were likely to stay away from his wagon except for chairs? I personally think it's reasonable (full disclosure if you have a 10-second memory: I voted for Robz), we know he's town now. What he was saying is:

Eevee, Mail-mi, EFHW, yuma, chairs/Teproc

are more likely to be scum.

Thoughts? Dying doesn't make townies have better reads, but I can see the logic in the thought process. Of course EFHW was off his wagon and is town.

Teproc

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Teproc
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #852 on: November 12, 2013, 04:22:38 pm »

Ok, sorry about that. To be fair, at least one of the times I've misread you is because you used "today" meaning gameday, and I took it as meaning actual day. I really did read too fast here, but I think I've mostly misunderstood you on less obvious points than this.
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #853 on: November 12, 2013, 04:24:14 pm »

Walrus did go for the faust wagon. He stated intent to hammer but mail-mi beat him to it.

Oof, that last faust post was a doozy wasn't it? Certainly it dispels some reservations I had about lynching him.

I could hammer or mail-mi could; I don't care.

Please read the whole of my posts... this is like the fourth time you have not read the whole thing and made yourself look rather foolish... (assuming you are talking to me here....)

So I think town points go to walrus for staying away from the faust wagon. although at the end (after faust's post that garnished most of our attention) he does say he is willing to vote and hammer him. So maybe that negates the town read from it

That doesn't make Teproc look foolish, that makes you (yuma) appear to be admitting to posting a giant wall of words and reach a "meh."

I am keenly aware you really want us to open up the lynch pool. Finishing my re-read knocked you to the bottom of my scum reads but you could be worried because you and your partner still seem to be in it.

*Or you could be town making sure we explore all options, I know that.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #854 on: November 12, 2013, 04:28:14 pm »

fine. i am done doing rereads... and someone doesn't like me doing them... vote: voltaire. someone else can figure out if mail-mi and teproc are scum...

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #855 on: November 12, 2013, 04:30:18 pm »

My point, yuma, is not that it's bad of you to post re-reads, but that you seem to be reaching to make sure Teproc can be seen as scummy by the rest of us. And it seems odd for you to call him "foolish" instead of just saying "Actually I addressed this here..."

A small thing, but it fits a pattern.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #856 on: November 12, 2013, 04:32:17 pm »

foolish means foolish... scummy means scummy. when i want to say one i'll say it. I don't think teproc is scummy for not reading my posts carefully, i am annoyed that i have to go back and quote something for him that is obvioulsy there...

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia XXXIV: The Game of Thrones Mafia! Day one start!!
« Reply #857 on: November 12, 2013, 04:33:45 pm »

Looking at other instances of Walrus asking for town's opinion, we have this.

If this is hypothetical "theory talk" it sounds pretty concrete to me. What do you mean by "the" BP? Does this strike anyone else as odd?

Not to say my suspicions are completely allayed. That post count shows what I was talking about: Is it not somewhat surprising to see faust top the chart so emphatically like that? I know it's just the beginning of the day, and things will surely stabilize in a couple RL days (I expect my relative post count to drop for example haha), but still it raised an eyebrow from me.

This is a bit less than I remembered to be honest. Still, it's not only the mail-mi thing.
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #858 on: November 12, 2013, 04:35:13 pm »

So here's a thing. The final D1 vote count.

Eevee(1): Faust
WalrusMcFishSr (1): Eevee
Voltaire(2): EFHW,Walrus
Faust(5): Voltaire, Robz, Yuma, Chairs, Mail-mi

Unless the scum team is Eevee/Walrus (not crazy!) then at least one scum participated in the faust lynch. Not sure what that says though.

Basically I want to make sure we come at this from all angles. Prior to a lynch I want mail-mi's reads (which he's said he'll post tonight) and anything else EFHW wants to say. I have not seen anything to knock me off my "vote for 2 of yuma/Walrus/Eevee" as of right now.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #859 on: November 12, 2013, 04:35:42 pm »

again... how is that any different than what voltaire did?

OK, well then. Anybody else just want to lynch yuma today?

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #860 on: November 12, 2013, 04:38:26 pm »

I do find Voltaire's attitude at the end of day 1 scummy, as I said earlier. So no, it's not really different.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #861 on: November 12, 2013, 04:38:54 pm »

again... how is that any different than what voltaire did?

OK, well then. Anybody else just want to lynch yuma today?

Voltaire/Walrus scumteam!

Seriously though, I think "permission asking" is a newbie scum trait that is also present in town. So if you see someone doing it, it should raise their odds of being scum but not be the entire case, if that makes sense. Kinda like yuma's whole "scum doesn't like town reads," which regardless of him being wrong about EFHW and regardless of yuma's alignment, is correct I think.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #862 on: November 12, 2013, 04:39:43 pm »

I do find Voltaire's attitude at the end of day 1 scummy, as I said earlier. So no, it's not really different.

What about my attitude was scummy? This may have already been stated, I just don't remember hearing it phrased this way.

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #863 on: November 12, 2013, 04:43:53 pm »

The big thing is staying on Robz while expressing suspicions of pretty much everyone else, yet not voting for him. I noted the fact that you were saying Walrus was scummy during his wagon, yet never seemed to wan to jump on it. All of this isn't helped by the fact that Robz flipped town of course.

The quote yuma posted here is also pretty scummy considering you spent the whole day saying that yuma should never be lynched day 1.

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #864 on: November 12, 2013, 04:44:10 pm »

yet not voting for them*

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #865 on: November 12, 2013, 04:45:24 pm »

The big thing is staying on Robz while expressing suspicions of pretty much everyone else, yet not voting for him. I noted the fact that you were saying Walrus was scummy during his wagon, yet never seemed to wan to jump on it. All of this isn't helped by the fact that Robz flipped town of course.

The quote yuma posted here is also pretty scummy considering you spent the whole day saying that yuma should never be lynched day 1.

Yeah, and then I kinda snapped. Though I feel much better about it, considering where we are now.

Note also I'm trying to get Walrus lynched today.

Note that if I'm scum, I know Robz is going to flip town if I get him lynched.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #866 on: November 12, 2013, 05:05:26 pm »

Had to work for a while. Reading what has been posted since I left! Hopefully peeps are still around.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #867 on: November 12, 2013, 05:13:39 pm »

Voltaire, you are dodging my question.

The case on me, as you put it, is PoE and lurking. Why doesn't that apply to mail-mi?

It does! But you and mail-mi do not have the same metas. Surely you can see this.
All I can see is you dodging the question for.. what, the fifth time? I can't for the life of me understand why you are withholding this information. Let me offer a hypothesis: it's because you are scum and inventing reads, and actually have no reasons. Am I correct?

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #868 on: November 12, 2013, 05:14:44 pm »

Voltaire, you are dodging my question.

The case on me, as you put it, is PoE and lurking. Why doesn't that apply to mail-mi?

It does! But you and mail-mi do not have the same metas. Surely you can see this.
All I can see is you dodging the question for.. what, the fifth time? I can't for the life of me understand why you are withholding this information. Let me offer a hypothesis: it's because you are scum and inventing reads, and actually have no reasons. Am I correct?

No, not at all! In fact, I can't even understand how I didn't answer your question. I have explained my read on mail-mi many times. Can you try re-phrasing it, on the chance we're both town and talking past each other?

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #869 on: November 12, 2013, 05:15:30 pm »

Teproc laying out my thoughts on Walrus better than I ever could have. Glad someone understood what I meant! Can't help but feel even more strongly about the towniness of Teproc.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #870 on: November 12, 2013, 05:16:57 pm »

Theoretical mail-mi teams, btw:

Eevee: possible but unlikely. Eevee defends mail-mi in a roundabout way at times, but also would be trying to get me lynched for not suspecting his partner...that would be convoluted but possible, I suppose.

yuma: Totally possible. Don't think there's been any interaction.

Walrus: Unlikely, mail-mi was all over Walrus, right? On the L-1 wagon? *checks* Yes, he was.

So that's two unlikely and one plausible. I'm still fine not voting for mail-mi today.
Finding possible partners for mail-mi should be interesting, as he has been so so so wagon-happy. Might even be one of the most informational lynches?

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #871 on: November 12, 2013, 05:19:34 pm »

Finding possible partners for mail-mi should be interesting, as he has been so so so wagon-happy. Might even be one of the most informational lynches?

I don't see that at all. For me, it barely confirms anything since I currently think mail-mi is town. My two most "informational" lynches would be you or Walrus - but I'm not lynching just for information.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #872 on: November 12, 2013, 05:20:48 pm »

I never made any arguments about walrus's jokes being scummy (I don't think I did anyways), I think I even criticized someone (probably mailmi) for that part in their case. I do remember congratulating walrus on one particularly funny one, though!

Generally I disagree with jokingness being a scum tell.

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #873 on: November 12, 2013, 05:22:22 pm »

Can someone on the Voltaire wagon please unvote for the time being? 

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #874 on: November 12, 2013, 05:26:31 pm »

unvote
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 55  All

Page created in 0.09 seconds with 16 queries.