Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 55  All

Author Topic: Mafia XXXIV: The Game of Thrones Mafia! (Day 2!!)  (Read 118508 times)

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia XXXIV: The Game of Thrones Mafia! Day one start!!
« Reply #500 on: November 04, 2013, 06:29:02 pm »

twilight.  Just signed back in.  I see why you guys voted him.  His flip should be helpful, I hope.

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: November 04, 2013, 06:29:14 pm »

THREAD LOCKED!!!

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: November 04, 2013, 06:32:05 pm »

Vote Count 1.Final:

Eevee(1): Faust
WalrusMcFishSr (1): Eevee
Voltaire(2): EFHW,Walrus
Faust(5): Voltaire, Robz, Yuma, Chairs, Mail-mi

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch.

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: November 04, 2013, 06:34:21 pm »

It was well into the night in King's Landing. The sun had set hours ago, and the torches in the council room were flickering. King Robert had left hours ago to go hunting in the godswood, trusting his loyal subjects to sort this problem out themselves.

The nine lords being placed together in one room brought up old grudges that had long been forgotten. Varys and Littlefinger stood by, shaking their heads at the decline in civility among the lords. These were the finest Lords of Westeros, yet they were completely flabbergasted as to who was the most treacherous among them.

Finally, King Robert returned from his hunt, drunk on wine. "Who dares to steal my kingdom from me!" He shouted in a booming voice. "I want answers!"

There was a hushed silence among the lords, as they stared at one another. Suddenly, all at once, they began to shout and point fingers.

Varys quickly stepped forward. "My liege, I believe we have an answer. There are five who believe Faust to be one of the traitors."

King Robert, with much effort, stood from his throne. "I never trusted you Ironborn lot, anyways. I should have killed all the Krakens when I had the chance!" Faust was held down by the other lords, and King Robert raised his blade. With a swift motion, the blade went through Faust's neck.

Varys quickly stepped forward, to look through the possessions of the fallen lord. He opened up a letter, and read it. He then turned to Robert.

"I have bad news, my lord. It appears that Balon Greyjoy was loyal to our cause. He had no special powers, but he was true to the Iron Throne.

King Robert stood up, furious. "GET OUT OF MY SIGHT!" he bellowed at the remaining lords. The lords quickly left for the night, but as they did, two of them shared a knowing glance and a smile.

Faust, also known as Balon Greyjoy, Vanilla townie has been lynched.

N1 begins immediately, and will last for 48 hours. Each player is required to send a PM to Twistedarcher and Nkirbit checking in within 24 hours.

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia XXXIV: The Game of Thrones Mafia! (Night 1)
« Reply #504 on: November 06, 2013, 07:15:16 pm »

When the lords returned to the throne room the next day, they found Robert Baratheon sitting on his throne. "My lords!" he boomed. "Welcome back!" The lords glanced apprehensively at one another, surprised to see Robert in such good spirits. The lords stood, waiting for the last member of their party to show up, but alas, he was nowhere to be found. "Well, let's get today's work started!" Robert said, beckoning for the lords to follow into the council and sending messengers off to the missing lords' chambers.

A few minutes later, Varys slipped into the room unnoticed. He glided over to Robert, whispering in his ear. Robert's, hearing the counsel of his advisor, quickly stood up. "WHAT DO YOU MEAN, NED STARK IS DEAD??!!"

"I am afraid it is true, my lords. Lord Stark has perished. He was found, poisoned, in his bedchambers. Not only have the usurpers been fighting us across the kingdom, but their evil ways have infiltrated King's Landing...I am afraid that no one is safe."

Only seven lords remained. They knew that finding out the identity of the usurpers was of the utmost importance, yet they were still no closer to uncovering the identity of their enemies. Robert sunk into his chair, reaching for a goblet of wine. The task was left to the lords to kill the usurpers.

Robz888, also know as Ned Stark, the Vanilla Townie, has been killed.

Day 2 Begins!

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile

Vote Count 2.0:

Not Voting (7): WalrusmcFishSr, Teproc, Voltaire, Yuma, EFHW, Mail-mi, Eevee

With 7 alive, it takes 4 to lynch.

Day 2 ends November 13 at 8:00 p.m.

Thread Unlocked!!

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: November 06, 2013, 07:16:21 pm »

Teproc has replaced Chairs.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: November 06, 2013, 07:17:50 pm »

Good job, Robz. Looks like scum bought it.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: November 06, 2013, 07:20:02 pm »

Yay d2.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: November 06, 2013, 07:21:33 pm »

Hi Teproc, thanks for filling in!

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #510 on: November 06, 2013, 07:22:53 pm »

Bought what?  Did I miss a breadcrumb?

Teproc

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Teproc
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: November 06, 2013, 07:23:57 pm »

Hey everyone!

New player here, been reading up on old games and signed up for yuma's Pick Your Poison game. This happened to be the most current game going on so I also followed a bit, so when chairs decided to /out I figured I'd get my start here ! However there were only 8 hours left before the deadline when I PMed the mods, and they felt it wasn't enough for me to get into it (which I agreed with FWIW).

So here I am ! I've been rereading the thread carefully, and have a few thoughts. Had a hunch that Robz was a PR, which I guess was the point of his play d1. Worked on me as well as scum, so great.
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: November 06, 2013, 07:30:08 pm »

Voltaire what is your reaction to learning Robz is town?  You are acting like you thought so all along, when you were downright dogged in your voting for him almost all of Day 1.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: November 06, 2013, 07:31:28 pm »

Hey everyone... I need to reread as I haven't given this game much thought (as Toy Story started up and I was pretty despondent when faust flipped town.

So we are at 7 alive, 2 scum...

I guess I maintain a scum read on EFHW to some extent but am not completely sure about that. Voltaire as well... I fully expect him to come in here and vote for me raging that I am still alive and had a town read on Robz for town credit... But I'll leave it to him to make the pseudocase on me.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: November 06, 2013, 07:32:42 pm »

Didn't notice this before. Vote: voltaire. Saying that he noticed a breadcrumb to make it look like he isn't scum because scum would never admit to seeing a breadcrumb from the very person that was just killed.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: November 06, 2013, 07:34:11 pm »

We also need to discuss if we really think that chairs/teproc is town. It seems like most players gave chairs a town read toward the end of the day--I think a lot of that might have been sympathy reads (I know I felt bad that he was /outing and it is hard to lynch someone you feel bad for, that is just psychological behavior)

WalrusMcFishSr

• Minion
  • An enormous walrus the size of Antarctica
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: November 06, 2013, 07:35:55 pm »

I feel like we have had a really good day1.

I think we've had the sort of D1 that will lead to a great D2 but high odds for a crappy lynch D1.

This was the quote that stuck out most in my mind from the conclusion of D1. I'll go back and reread more carefully later after work, but I'm gonna vote: Voltaire initially as well.
My Dominion videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/WalrusMcFishSr   <---Bet you can't click on that!

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile

Vote Count 2.1:

Voltaire (2): Yuma, Walrus
Not Voting (5): Teproc, Voltaire, EFHW, Mail-mi, Eevee

With 7 alive, it takes 4 to lynch.

Day 2 ends November 13 at 8:00 p.m.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: November 06, 2013, 07:46:26 pm »

Oh... and eevee... what was up with not being around at all! I know you were on VLA, but then you said you were back and catching up and that never happened.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: November 06, 2013, 07:55:08 pm »

i know, I'm sorry. I was reading the thread to catch up, got interrupted before I could finish and when I got back it was already past deadline.

I wouldn't have supported the faust-lynch, but what's done is done. I maintain my suspicion on walrus, don't really see why that wagon evaporated. I'd give chairs/teproc a decent amount of town cred, the way chairs wanted to leave didn't see scum-frustrated at all. If someone cared enough to fake it that well, they wouldnt out. Null on yuma, slight scum
for Voltaire for lacking in great ideas I agree with, efhw has always been hard to read for me, mailmi looks scummy for.. really not doing that much?

anyways I'm back and won't fall behind again!

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: November 06, 2013, 08:08:26 pm »

Robz's whole "I refuse to claim" now looks to me like a gambit to draw the nightkill as a VT. At least, that's really the only reason I can think of for why he'd have been the nightkill. He was found fairly scummy collectively.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: November 06, 2013, 08:09:18 pm »

Voltaire what is your reaction to learning Robz is town?  You are acting like you thought so all along, when you were downright dogged in your voting for him almost all of Day 1.

No, I'm acting like I saw his flip and went "Huh! Why would that...ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh"

I deserve no credit, I was very wrong on Robz.

WalrusMcFishSr

• Minion
  • An enormous walrus the size of Antarctica
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: November 06, 2013, 08:11:02 pm »

I want to assume that chairs/chairs jr. is town for now, simply because I don't want to believe chairs would maliciously pull such a stunt. It seemed genuine enough, and he even /outed from other games right around the same time. If this belief turns out to be incorrect, I will lose much faith in humanity and chairs' humanity in particular, and then I will become a bitter, soulless husk of a man.

Maybe I'm just being naive though. No doubt there is precedent for such shenanigans on this forum.

Eevee, I'm glad you're back. Do you want to answer the question about your suspicion of me that I've asked twice already? What was it about my behavior, other than the mail-mi thing, that you found particularly suspicious D1? I wouldn't want to think you're dodging the question.
My Dominion videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/WalrusMcFishSr   <---Bet you can't click on that!

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia XXXIV: The Game of Thrones Mafia! (Day 2!!)
« Reply #523 on: November 06, 2013, 08:11:22 pm »

Yuma being alive isn't terribly scummy if scum thought that Robz was a PR, btw.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: November 06, 2013, 08:16:05 pm »

I want to assume that chairs/chairs jr. is town for now, simply because I don't want to believe chairs would maliciously pull such a stunt. It seemed genuine enough, and he even /outed from other games right around the same time. If this belief turns out to be incorrect, I will lose much faith in humanity and chairs' humanity in particular, and then I will become a bitter, soulless husk of a man.

I get what you are saying, but there is a possibility that chairs (if he is scum) /outing wasn't a stunt to avoid a lynch, it was just him /outing. In my opinion, chairs was more frustrated with not being able to post as much or as well as he would have liked to because of his internet problem. That is a frustration that would exist as town or mafia.

So if he was scum and pulled "a stunt" I don't hold it against him because I don't consider it a stunt... I consider it a reaction to a frustrating situation.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 55  All

Page created in 0.049 seconds with 16 queries.