Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 55  All

Author Topic: Mafia XXXIV: The Game of Thrones Mafia! (Day 2!!)  (Read 118482 times)

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia XXXIV: The Game of Thrones Mafia! Day one start!!
« Reply #475 on: November 04, 2013, 04:48:57 pm »

Sorry guys, I don't have much time right now, so I'll make this short. I'm not sold on the Voltaire case, where does that suddenly come from? EFHW I find hard to read, could be scum I guess. Robz isn't going to go through, but it would still be my preferred lynch. yuma - not today at least. I need some time and information to evaluate his play. Don't want to lynch Walrus. mail-mi is null, he's his usual self, but his usual self has been scum a lot lately. chairs seems townie after the /out thing.

Who's left? Eevee. Is he even there anymore? I guess I'm falling back to LAL. Vote: Eevee.

This is my last post before the deadline. I won't be able to claim or change vote from now on. I hope this day ends well.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: November 04, 2013, 05:09:51 pm »

and that last post by faust.... just ugh...

Not so much the him not wanting to vote voltaire part.... I mean that wans't ideal as it looks like he didn't even read the case? What is with that... guess he is in a hurry, but still...

and then a vote on eevee. Yeah, eevee hasn't been around, but he just plops a vote down on someone that is not going to be today's lynch... No one else is voting for him, no one else has considered voting for him... might as well not even vote.

And to be clear I am not finding him suspicious for not being around the rest of the day. Our deadlines are hard for european players, but I DO NOT like how he just ignored the case on voltaire and then plopped a really safe vote down right before deadline... And i am frustrated that I can't really go back to voting for him because he won't be around to claim if he does get up that high... is the risk worth going back to him? I don't know. If I wasn't somewhat certain about voltaire I might go back, but as it is, I think I have them about equal in terms of scumminess...

Major scum read continued on him. IF voltaire flips scum, I might pinpoint him as a partner...

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: November 04, 2013, 05:15:44 pm »

And to be clear I am not finding him suspicious for not being around the rest of the day. Our deadlines are hard for european players, but I DO NOT like how he just ignored the case on voltaire and then plopped a really safe vote down right before deadline... And i am frustrated that I can't really go back to voting for him because he won't be around to claim if he does get up that high... is the risk worth going back to him? I don't know. If I wasn't somewhat certain about voltaire I might go back, but as it is, I think I have them about equal in terms of scumminess...

I agree, I would lynch him for this.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: November 04, 2013, 05:16:13 pm »

Probably over Voltaire, even after everything.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: November 04, 2013, 05:16:51 pm »

And I do really like Voltgloss's "quick, pseudo-random lynch right before deadline!" strategy on Day 1 of M31, even though it didn't work.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #480 on: November 04, 2013, 05:16:58 pm »

Catching up right now. Saw but have not read in detail EFHW's large post. Will reply. Did see the stuff on faust, and I am cool voting him, largely for yuma's reasons. vote: faust.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: November 04, 2013, 05:17:03 pm »

Screw it.

Vote: faust

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: November 04, 2013, 05:17:27 pm »

I agree, I would lynch him for this.

The question is thus: Do we lynch him today (or try to do so) or do we let him live until Day2 (I am assuming mafia won't be NKing him) and then consider lynching him then for this egregious behavior?

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: November 04, 2013, 05:18:10 pm »

Well there is my answer, I think...

vote: faust

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: November 04, 2013, 05:28:56 pm »

{EFHW's big post on me}

I'm going to try to reply to this in general to avoid walls-of-quoted-text posts, which I and I assume others have a nasty habit of skimming.

You are correct to point out that my reads have changed rapidly, in the space of a short number of posts. They totally have, I may have pointed this out at the time somewhere. It's because none of my reads are strong, and most importantly, there are lots of if/then statements. IF yuma is scum, THEN Walrus and Robz are more likely to be scum as well but faust and EFHW are more likely to be town. BUT if yuma is town then faust is a little more likely to be scum. etc etc etc etc etc etc (yada yada yada, if you like  ;) ).

And so what you're seeing is me switching back and forth between these "sets" of views, as I find them more likely, and that has a domino effect to all of my other reads. I maintain that this is good smart pro-town thinking and behavior. Robz does too!

But who puts in more effort to make sure their Day 1 reads are consistent and logically evolving, scum or town? Scum, of course scum.

I usually don't explain my gut cases because there is nothing to explain beyond "I have a  bad feeling about..." My gut is usually wrong (yuma in B2B, ash in Clue, etc.). It has probably been right once or twice too, but it's not terribly useful. Sometimes I post what my gut is thinking to see if scum tries to convince me to listen to my gut. Can't say it's ever worked.

nkirbit

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: November 04, 2013, 05:35:27 pm »

Vote Count 1.12:

Eevee(1): Faust
WalrusMcFishSr (1): Eevee
Voltaire(3): EFHW, Mail-Mi, Walrus
Faust(3): Voltaire, Robz, Yuma
Not voting(1): Chairs

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch.

Day 1 ends November 4 at 8:00 p.m.  That's in about two and a half hours!

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: November 04, 2013, 05:37:03 pm »

Vote Count 1.12:

Any progress at all on a sub? Not having a vote is hurting us here.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: November 04, 2013, 05:37:51 pm »

This whole game is just full of unreadable players. I'm personally sold that one of Yuma or Robz is scum but I'll be damned if I know which.

Chairs, dude. We need a vote. You've posted since /outing, so I assume you intend to finish this day.

PPE yuma saying the same thing.

nkirbit

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: November 04, 2013, 05:41:18 pm »

There will not be any replacements for any players before the end of the day.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: November 04, 2013, 05:42:19 pm »

Had chairs been notified of this prior to this message? Maybe you can't answer that... so I'll ask when was this decision made?

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: November 04, 2013, 05:45:09 pm »

Sorry guys, I don't have much time right now, so I'll make this short. I'm not sold on the Voltaire case, where does that suddenly come from? EFHW I find hard to read, could be scum I guess. Robz isn't going to go through, but it would still be my preferred lynch. yuma - not today at least. I need some time and information to evaluate his play. Don't want to lynch Walrus. mail-mi is null, he's his usual self, but his usual self has been scum a lot lately. chairs seems townie after the /out thing.

Who's left? Eevee. Is he even there anymore? I guess I'm falling back to LAL. Vote: Eevee.

This is my last post before the deadline. I won't be able to claim or change vote from now on. I hope this day ends well.
Rly? Do you really think Eevee has a chance of being lynched 2 1/2 hours before deadline? I'm pretty sure he doesn't but I know you do. I had a scummy read on you before, but this has amplified it.

However, I am also okay with keeping on volt. So I'll stay there, but intent to hammer if someone else switches.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: November 04, 2013, 05:50:39 pm »

However, I am also okay with keeping on volt. So I'll stay there, but intent to hammer if someone else switches.

Why not switch now and then let someone else hammer?

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: November 04, 2013, 06:00:11 pm »

Had chairs been notified of this prior to this message? Maybe you can't answer that... so I'll ask when was this decision made?

There will be no replacements for any players before the end of the day. That's all we are saying on the matter.

chairs

• Young Witch
  • Why don't you have a seat over there...
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: November 04, 2013, 06:01:19 pm »

vote: Faust

chairs

• Young Witch
  • Why don't you have a seat over there...
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: November 04, 2013, 06:01:39 pm »

L-1

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #495 on: November 04, 2013, 06:04:26 pm »

vote: Faust

thanks for still playing through the day. really appreciate it.

WalrusMcFishSr

• Minion
  • An enormous walrus the size of Antarctica
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: November 04, 2013, 06:05:41 pm »

Oof, that last faust post was a doozy wasn't it? Certainly it dispels some reservations I had about lynching him.

I could hammer or mail-mi could; I don't care.
My Dominion videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/WalrusMcFishSr   <---Bet you can't click on that!

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: November 04, 2013, 06:07:08 pm »

Vote Count 1.13:

Eevee(1): Faust
WalrusMcFishSr (1): Eevee
Voltaire(3): EFHW, Mail-Mi, Walrus
Faust(4): Voltaire, Robz, Yuma, Chairs

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: November 04, 2013, 06:22:47 pm »

Why not switch now and then let someone else hammer?

Cuz I wanna hammer! vote: faust
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

WalrusMcFishSr

• Minion
  • An enormous walrus the size of Antarctica
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: November 04, 2013, 06:26:01 pm »

It is known.
My Dominion videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/WalrusMcFishSr   <---Bet you can't click on that!
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 55  All

Page created in 0.049 seconds with 20 queries.