Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 55  All

Author Topic: Mafia XXXIV: The Game of Thrones Mafia! (Day 2!!)  (Read 118537 times)

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia XXXIV: The Game of Thrones Mafia! Day one start!!
« Reply #400 on: November 04, 2013, 11:57:39 am »

OK, well then. Anybody else just want to lynch yuma today?

why would you want to lynch me?

Yuma is always a terrible D1 lynch.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: November 04, 2013, 11:59:16 am »

I'm fine with "closer looking" Eevee. As for me, I was doing not-mafia stuff all weekend. That's why you'll find almost nothing from me. I popped in to make sure we weren't lynching or anything. I'm here now.

PPE: yuma's post.

It wasn't just this weekend.  I'm used to you being much more "out there".

I guess this is a good thing overall to have as a meta, and yes, I am always almost a top, if not the top, poster. But until M31 I wasn't particularly useful. I wasn't particularly useful in M31 either - I couldn't convince anyone of my nearly perfect reads! I personally am not going to be confident in my reads until I have that sort of performance again (even a blind squirrel...). The thing about this game is that I have no strong reads (other than probably townChairs at this point) and that's unusual. I don't think most of the cases made on people have been bunk! Like I said, there's tons of reactions/votes/wagons/stances at this point, and unlocking them is going to require a flip. So let's flip someone. I think it should be Robz. It's not like I won't move my vote to someone else if he's not going through! But up until you unvoted he was either the highest vote-getter or tied for it.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: November 04, 2013, 11:59:55 am »

Playing devil's advocate, b/c I am also considering voting Voltaire, how would only voting Robz with a weak case be a scum strategy?

It isn't one I would take, but it is one I could see scum taking... and have seen in the past. See TA last game on sudgy.

For me, it isn't so much that voltaire has only been voting for Robz. It is more that he has constantly said he is willing to explore other options when he hasn't. As I read through he said this numerous times... I can pull the quotes if people want. But he never actually appears to go through with analyzing other options. He just kinda dismisses them and says that the Robz lynch is better w/o backing that up.

To me it seems to be a strategy of floating through, tunneling on robz (something that unfortunately we in f.ds tend to give a town read on) and not taking stances anywhere other than that.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: November 04, 2013, 12:00:06 pm »

Because my scum read on you has been growing all day and there comes a point where you think "why am I not lynching my top scum read again?"

It still might be a terrible idea.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: November 04, 2013, 12:01:08 pm »

Because my scum read on you has been growing all day and there comes a point where you think "why am I not lynching my top scum read again?"

It still might be a terrible idea.

then vote. Stop saying you will consider other options other than robz and actually vote somewhere other than robz....

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #405 on: November 04, 2013, 12:04:31 pm »

Yuma, "consider other options" means "compare them to Robz, then vote for the one I like better". Since Robz has always been "winning," my vote has not moved.

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: November 04, 2013, 12:06:46 pm »

You don't need strong reads to be active.  Just be inquisitive!  I don't know if a Robz flip would be that helpful - he hasn't taken clear stances on anyone except chairs.  He has been unhelpful, that is true, and I suppose we shouldn't let that protect him.  But I'd rather have a better case.

Weren't you going to look at Eevee?

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: November 04, 2013, 12:06:58 pm »

Yuma, "consider other options" means "compare them to Robz, then vote for the one I like better". Since Robz has always been "winning," my vote has not moved.

And I can't see how the better option is one in which a case was formed day1 with nothing added to it when the other options take in the scope of the whole day.

How is your case that was made day1 better than any other case out there that has evidence all the way up to the last few posts?

I don't think you are actually looking at the other options. You are just saying you are because you are mafia and you know that the other options are either your partner or mislynches that you don't want to be a part of.

nkirbit

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: November 04, 2013, 12:09:49 pm »

Vote Count 1.10:

Robz888(2) Voltaire, Faust
WalrusMcFishSr (1): Eevee
Faust(1): mail-mi,
Chairs (1):  Walrus
EFHW(1): Robz888
Voltaire(1): Yuma
Not voting(2): Chairs, EFHW

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch.

Day 1 ends November 4 at 8:00 p.m.  That's in about eight hours!

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: November 04, 2013, 12:10:32 pm »

Weren't you going to look at Eevee?

Yes, but weren't you too? I'm at work, I play in the down-time between tasks.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: November 04, 2013, 12:14:25 pm »

And I can't see how the better option is one in which a case was formed day1 with nothing added to it when the other options take in the scope of the whole day.

How is your case that was made day1 better than any other case out there that has evidence all the way up to the last few posts?

I don't think you are actually looking at the other options. You are just saying you are because you are mafia and you know that the other options are either your partner or mislynches that you don't want to be a part of.

Because I don't think those cases are good enough to say that person is scum!

It sure would be a dumb strategy for mafia. One mislynch! FOREVER! This is the opposite of why you think faust is mafia. Why?

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: November 04, 2013, 12:14:52 pm »

And vote: yuma, Robz doesn't seem to be going through anyway.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: November 04, 2013, 12:20:48 pm »

I'm back. Trying to catch up with everything as soon as possible!

So Eevee, on a re-read, seems lite town. Stays on a case he likes (Walrus), says reasonable things about other people. Only scummy thing is the not-understanding-scum-Robz-gambit situation, but that's drowned out by everything else.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: November 04, 2013, 12:21:27 pm »

Robz, why are you:

1. wary of yuma
2. so convinced by chairs's actions it overcomes your prior suspicion/vote of him?

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: November 04, 2013, 12:43:48 pm »

Playing devil's advocate, b/c I am also considering voting Voltaire, how would only voting Robz with a weak case be a scum strategy?

This is the answer I would give to yuma as to his vote on Voltaire. I have a hard time seeing it for this reason.

Frankly, I don't understand Voltaire's obsessed tunneling of me, but I'm used to it by now! Like I said, I think he has a bias toward me.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: November 04, 2013, 12:44:03 pm »

Not particularly.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: November 04, 2013, 12:46:33 pm »

Robz, why are you:

1. wary of yuma
2. so convinced by chairs's actions it overcomes your prior suspicion/vote of him?

1) Well he is so dominating you have to be a little wary of him at least.
2) I don't that I can explain "why" I am convinced, just that I am convinced. His actions don't read to me like a guilty man. If he's on a scum team, he's really letting down his buddies by self-voting. The "out" strikes me as something a town player would do as courtesy to other town players (I mean it's still ugh, but it's better than disappearing and self-voting and getting lynched), rather than something a scum player would do. I mean, I read his self-vote as an actually serious self-vote, and scum do not seriously self-vote.

Yes, it could be a gambit--and it's a frustratingly well-executed one, if that--but I don't think so.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: November 04, 2013, 12:47:07 pm »

vote:  Voltaire.  Reread through all his posts.  There are several contradictions and virtually no case on Robz.  He defends chairs several times, interestingly, saying "of course" chairs is at bottom of his list b/c of phone posting.   But then says he is fine with chairs lynch.  I notice repeated aspersions cast against myself, Walrus, and yuma but never any vote, and the occasional jab at faust, Eevee or mail-mi. 

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: November 04, 2013, 12:47:41 pm »

I'm voting for EFHW because... I don't know, POE? I have reasons to not lynch most other people, or at least I've seen something in their play where I could go, "Hey, town for this reaosn." I haven't seen that with EFHW.

I must say,  find it very, very hard to read EFHW.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: November 04, 2013, 12:48:24 pm »

vote:  Voltaire.  Reread through all his posts.  There are several contradictions and virtually no case on Robz.  He defends chairs several times, interestingly, saying "of course" chairs is at bottom of his list b/c of phone posting.   But then says he is fine with chairs lynch.  I notice repeated aspersions cast against myself, Walrus, and yuma but never any vote, and the occasional jab at faust, Eevee or mail-mi.

Well, I guess that's a stronger reason to lynch Voltaire.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #420 on: November 04, 2013, 12:48:53 pm »

This is the answer I would give to yuma as to his vote on Voltaire. I have a hard time seeing it for this reason.

Frankly, I don't understand Voltaire's obsessed tunneling of me, but I'm used to it by now! Like I said, I think he has a bias toward me.

This feels so scummy to me.  There is one scum strategy that would fit this scenario, and that's hard-core bussing.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: November 04, 2013, 12:50:25 pm »

Well, yeah, of course I'm going to find the majority of players scummy - that's the default starting position. Then try to clear town players. It's how I usually roll, at least (and it's failed miserably this game).

And of course I have contradicting reads, I'm confident about nothing!

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: November 04, 2013, 12:52:09 pm »

Well, yeah, of course I'm going to find the majority of players scummy - that's the default starting position. Then try to clear town players. It's how I usually roll, at least (and it's failed miserably this game).

And of course I have contradicting reads, I'm confident about nothing!

except that Robz is scum

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: November 04, 2013, 12:52:46 pm »

Voltaire comes out of that exchange much scummier than Yuma, and Faust probably isn't going through, so vote: Voltaire.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: November 04, 2013, 12:53:47 pm »

Voltaire comes out of that exchange much scummier than Yuma, and Faust probably isn't going through, so vote: Voltaire.

Why. Please give a reason.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 55  All

Page created in 0.096 seconds with 16 queries.