Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 55  All

Author Topic: Mafia XXXIV: The Game of Thrones Mafia! (Day 2!!)  (Read 118516 times)

shraeye

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: shraeye
  • More Graph Theory please
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia XXXIV: The Game of Thrones Mafia! Day one start!!
« Reply #250 on: November 01, 2013, 09:54:26 am »

/tag

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: November 01, 2013, 10:21:59 am »

Remember shraeye's stance that he likes making a weak case on one of his partners as mafia, because after a weak/bad case has been advanced on someone people tend to find the player town.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: November 01, 2013, 10:42:10 am »

Remember shraeye's stance that he likes making a weak case on one of his partners as mafia, because after a weak/bad case has been advanced on someone people tend to find the player town.
Who do you suspect of doing that here?

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: November 01, 2013, 10:47:21 am »

What I'm saying is, I don't agree with (some) of yuma's reasons for finding Walrus town - that a bad case (in yuma's opinion) was made on Walrus.

Also worth noting that faust was had previously voted Robz for lying, so his current vote isn't "new".

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: November 01, 2013, 10:53:13 am »

Funny that this was brought up immediately after shraeye tagged the thread.

Sure that is a possibility. But there are 4 1/2 (1/2 being EFHW's) cases on him. If Walrus is scum then only one of them can be scum with him. And even then my conclusion that someone currently voting for him being scum is accurate right? So following this conclusion you would agree with me? So what is the problem?

But ultimately that is just shraeye's personal strategy. Maybe someone recently mafia with him would have taken that approach? But ultimately this observation only holds water if shraeye--or anyone else has a history of doing it--is in the game. Anything else is just speculation that requires walrus to be scum.

I stand by my town read.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #255 on: November 01, 2013, 10:56:35 am »

Sure that is a possibility. But there are 4 1/2 (1/2 being EFHW's) cases on him. If Walrus is scum then only one of them can be scum with him. And even then my conclusion that someone currently voting for him being scum is accurate right? So following this conclusion you would agree with me? So what is the problem?

But ultimately that is just shraeye's personal strategy. Maybe someone recently mafia with him would have taken that approach? But ultimately this observation only holds water if shraeye--or anyone else has a history of doing it--is in the game. Anything else is just speculation that requires walrus to be scum.

I stand by my town read.

Yes, but everything we're doing is speculating.  :P And I actually do see your point - if that is what is happening, then there would be scum on him. But I also don't think scum busses D1 in a 9-player game, at least not when wagons start to be viable later in the day.

Robz has not yet explained his vote on me.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: November 01, 2013, 10:57:22 am »

What I'm saying is, I don't agree with (some) of yuma's reasons for finding Walrus town - that a bad case (in yuma's opinion) was made on Walrus.

Also worth noting that faust was had previously voted Robz for lying, so his current vote isn't "new".

yeah... about that "lying"

remember how in f.ds if we keep saying something is true somehow it becomes true...

Robz never lied. Eevee said he lied and then faust took that and ran with it (so it was a bad reason for a vote) and now you are saying it... well you are saying that faust had that reason for voting, but your lack of correction regarding it allows it to become true once again.

For clarification here is what happened:

Remember, robz cares about his scum games, less so about his town games. Especially true day 1!

More lies!

No lies! The following quote is from the mafia QT of M31:

Quote from: Robz888
My challenge is probably going to be finding a blanace. I CANT be too active on Day 1, because basically I just never am. I am way more active on Day 1s when I am scum, because I'm tryin to orchestrate things. As town, I just ignore the game until it gets interesting. So I will probably try to do that again here. Also, I am INCRDIBLY busy for the next few days. But I'm rarely a Day 1 target--I think yuma established that I should basically never ever be killed on Day 1.

Vote: Robz

Eevee is saying Robz cares about his scum games more than town.
Robz says that is a lie.
faust pulls a quote saying Robz ignores the game as town day1 until it gets interesting

- ignoring a game until it gets interesting doesn't mean he doesn't care about it. I think we have all seen Robz as town get fully invested in a game (Pirates anyone?)

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: November 01, 2013, 10:58:03 am »

I think it was because you were giving me a pass but not him. Not sure if it was a frustration vote or a scum read vote.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: November 01, 2013, 10:59:52 am »

- ignoring a game until it gets interesting doesn't mean he doesn't care about it. I think we have all seen Robz as town get fully invested in a game (Pirates anyone?)

Except I agree with the statement that it was Robz lying, or at the very least misdirecting. So no "repeat it until it becomes truth" here for me, I already believe it.

Not sure if it was a frustration vote or a scum read vote.

Exactly. So I want it explained.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: November 01, 2013, 11:30:48 am »

Yuma is starting to behave a little more clearly like town!yuma, I think, so I am going to try to push those other scenarios out of my head and re-evaluate today.

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: November 01, 2013, 12:16:27 pm »

You supplied the reason yourself.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: November 01, 2013, 12:55:43 pm »

But you did not confirm it until now.

This is all fantastically silly. Do you actually think I'm scum? Because you sometimes play this erratically as town I have to try to figure out if your anti-town, confusing, unhelpful play is just normal or scum Robz. It's very frustrating.

I am however fine with my vote still on you right now. Everyone who was voting for Robz, please come back!

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: November 01, 2013, 12:56:03 pm »

Yuma is starting to behave a little more clearly like town!yuma, I think, so I am going to try to push those other scenarios out of my head and re-evaluate today.

I'm not saying yuma is scum, but it has happened to me several times now, that I suspect someone early on and then they start acting all towny and I put it aside, and they turn out to be scum.  Most of the f.ds players now are very capable of seeming very towny.  You have to find the indicators of being mafia to make your decision.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: November 01, 2013, 12:56:42 pm »

I know that?

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: November 01, 2013, 12:58:22 pm »

I'm not saying yuma is scum, but it has happened to me several times now, that I suspect someone early on and then they start acting all towny and I put it aside, and they turn out to be scum.  Most of the f.ds players now are very capable of seeming very towny.  You have to find the indicators of being mafia to make your decision.
i agree with this so much.

Robz, whats the reason for the voltaire vote? I see he understands it, but I don't.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: November 01, 2013, 12:59:11 pm »

Robz, whats the reason for the voltaire vote? I see he understands it, but I don't.

:P

nkirbit

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: November 01, 2013, 01:54:41 pm »

Vote Count 1.5:

Robz888(2) Voltaire, Faust
WalrusMcFishSr (3): Chairs, Eevee, Mail-mi
Eevee (1): EFHW
EFHW (1): Walrus
Voltaire (1): Robz888
Faust(1): Yuma

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch.

Day 1 ends November 4 at 8:00 p.m.

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: November 01, 2013, 02:17:50 pm »

I know that?

I figured you probably did, but I like to keep this prominent in my mind and in other town minds.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: November 01, 2013, 02:20:04 pm »

This is all fantastically silly. Do you actually think I'm scum? Because you sometimes play this erratically as town I have to try to figure out if your anti-town, confusing, unhelpful play is just normal or scum Robz. It's very frustrating.

I am however fine with my vote still on you right now. Everyone who was voting for Robz, please come back!

Look sonny, I've been catching scum since you were still in diapers. I got my methods. Don't like em? Too bad for you!

chairs

• Young Witch
  • Why don't you have a seat over there...
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: November 01, 2013, 02:27:33 pm »

Look sonny, I've been catching scum since you were still in diapers. I got my methods. Don't like em? Too bad for you!

::)

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #270 on: November 01, 2013, 03:06:16 pm »

So are myself and chairs your top scum reads? It's very hard to tell what you're thinking.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: November 01, 2013, 03:23:29 pm »

If you are going to play that card you need to be able to back it up.

Robz's correct lynch %: 40.63; Robz's caught scum: 13; town games played: 26
Voltaire's correct lynch %: 69.23 Voltaire's caught scum: 9; town games played: 8

someone asking for you to explain a vote on them is perfectly reasonable. Combine that with it being for what is a ridiculous reason as far as I can tell, I think voltaire's frustration is justified.

You can't just say "too bad for you" and be done with it. That isn't going to fly.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: November 01, 2013, 03:25:38 pm »

which isn't to say robz is bad scum hunter... I think a lot of the reason he has a lower % is that he is willing to join a lynch he isn't 100% sure about in hopes of it brining about something worth looking at on a later day... which is something many players basically refuse to do. But to say, or allude, that robz's scumhunting is far away better than voltaire's or anyone else's and thus above examination (especially when we don't know his alignment in this game) just isn't correct.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: November 01, 2013, 03:35:39 pm »

I guess if Voltaire is right 70% of the time, you should all lynch me. What are you waiting for?

chairs

• Young Witch
  • Why don't you have a seat over there...
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: November 01, 2013, 03:41:02 pm »

vote: Robz888.

I guess if Voltaire is right 70% of the time, you should all lynch me. What are you waiting for?
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 55  All

Page created in 0.051 seconds with 16 queries.