Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 60  All

Author Topic: Mafia XXXIII: Toy Story Mafia (Game over, Ice Mafia win!)  (Read 140909 times)

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jimmmmm
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia XXXIII: Toy Story Mafia (DAY 2 START!!)
« Reply #1100 on: November 21, 2013, 10:45:01 am »

Hmm okay so there's still not that much of Day 3 to go through. At this stage I have a scumread on Gveoniz for his change in style and a slight scumread on yuma for seemingly overreacting. I'll have to get some more re-reads in.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #1101 on: November 21, 2013, 10:45:56 am »

Hmm okay so there's still not that much of Day 3 to go through. At this stage I have a scumread on Gveoniz for his change in style and a slight scumread on yuma for seemingly overreacting. I'll have to get some more re-reads in.

Yes please. Though generic scum reads are good, we have two mafia flips.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1102 on: November 21, 2013, 10:47:23 am »

Yes please. Though generic scum reads are good, we have two mafia flips.

Yep I'll keep them in mind and watch out for interactions. Maybe I'll re-read Robz and Eevee at some point too.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #1103 on: November 21, 2013, 10:55:19 am »

Yep I'll keep them in mind and watch out for interactions. Maybe I'll re-read Robz and Eevee at some point too.

Maybe you will?

Jimmmmm, I do not understand you. You appear to be egregiously nonchalant here. Of course you should re-read Robz and Eevee. Everyone needs to re-read Robz and Eevee.

I understand "I don't have time right now" but that's kinda been you all game.

I just re-read you. Do you still like your Gveo case? Whose partner would he be?

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1104 on: November 21, 2013, 11:01:24 am »

Maybe you will?

Jimmmmm, I do not understand you. You appear to be egregiously nonchalant here. Of course you should re-read Robz and Eevee. Everyone needs to re-read Robz and Eevee.

I understand "I don't have time right now" but that's kinda been you all game.

I just re-read you. Do you still like your Gveo case? Whose partner would he be?

I've never subbed into a game before and did so because there didn't really seem to be anyone else to and I thought I'd have a lot higher availability than I've had. I'm now feeling really overwhelmed mostly by this game but also by others and it's currently 3am and I have work tomorrow afternoon but I'm here and trying to contribute. There is still a large chunk of the game I haven't read.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1105 on: November 21, 2013, 11:02:38 am »

Yes I still have a scumread on Gveo. As for his partner, I haven't got that far.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #1106 on: November 21, 2013, 11:03:01 am »

OK, thanks. Go to bed!  :)

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1107 on: November 21, 2013, 11:03:16 am »

And liopoil, a "lurker" has 71 posts.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #1108 on: November 21, 2013, 11:11:04 am »

Full post count, btw:
155 yuma
126 Voltaire
119 2.7...
63 liopoil
63 sudgy
48 Jimmmmm/NHS
25 Gveoniz

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1109 on: November 21, 2013, 11:12:22 am »

Full post count, btw:
155 yuma
126 Voltaire
119 2.7...
63 liopoil
63 sudgy
48 Jimmmmm/NHS
25 Gveoniz

I guess 8 of liopoil's were pre-game. Do I actually have 46-7 posts?

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #1110 on: November 21, 2013, 11:13:20 am »

Full post count, btw:
155 yuma
126 Voltaire
119 2.7...
63 liopoil
63 sudgy
48 Jimmmmm/NHS
25 Gveoniz

Yes. With a lot of them having no real relation to this game.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1111 on: November 21, 2013, 11:14:58 am »

Full post count, btw:
155 yuma
126 Voltaire
119 2.7...
63 liopoil
63 sudgy
48 Jimmmmm/NHS
25 Gveoniz

Yes. With a lot of them having no real relation to this game.

Fair enough. I would have thought Gveo was much higher.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #1112 on: November 21, 2013, 11:16:28 am »

Fair enough. I would have thought Gveo was much higher.

Me too. His posts do tend to cover a lot of stuff, though.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1113 on: November 21, 2013, 11:18:15 am »

I'm not keen on liopoil's [url-http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=9601.msg311960#msg311960]backflip[/url] to put faust on L-1.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1114 on: November 21, 2013, 11:18:55 am »

I'm not keen on liopoil's backflip to put faust on L-1.

(fixed)

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #1115 on: November 21, 2013, 11:22:51 am »

(fixed)

But he'd expressed doubts about faust before, and I don't think ever commented on the scumslip. Unless I'm missing the post.

Also, there's 5 people reading this thread. If you're in this game, you can post (especially if I've asked you a question). It doesn't need to be just me and Jimmmmm.

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1116 on: November 21, 2013, 11:25:58 am »

sorry i have been sitting here with this typed up for a while, but a bunch of people came into my office and started talking to me:

Well I have not done myself any favors today.  Yuma has some good points on my play today that will cause me to be trying to crawl out of the hole I dug for myself.

What kind of hole do you think you have dug for yourself?
That was a little bit of a knee-jerk reaction to yuma's posting.  There are a few things that can be construed as scummy:
1) You can say I was "anti-doctor" D2 (I and now I am all for following the doctor which is the sort of flip-flop you might see from scum.
2) The case I laid out against sudgy was pretty weak, and included errors.  Just trying to keep sudgy on the table because I want to avoid being lynched?

In all, I don't think I dug quite the hole I thought I did, but when I got back on I saw only yuma's responses to my posts and nothing else at all, so my statement was a bit of an overreaction.
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #1117 on: November 21, 2013, 11:28:19 am »

2) The case I laid out against sudgy was pretty weak, and included errors.  Just trying to keep sudgy on the table because I want to avoid being lynched?

Do you now think your sudgy case is weak, or that other people are seeing it as weak? Same question about it including errors.

Gveoniz

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1118 on: November 21, 2013, 11:29:35 am »

There is not too much of note that I can think of about today despite looking at this thread for a long time.

Well I have not done myself any favors today.  Yuma has some good points on my play today that will cause me to be trying to crawl out of the hole I dug for myself.  First of all, Eevee's "players I think are mostly likely to flip scum" does have sudgy on it, as yuma pointed out, and I just totally missed it.  Hopefully yuma, you at least can understand misreading a post.
I don't like how he "does himself no favor" as if he is on his own now.  But I would not count on it for anything.

2.71828 seem to be pretty close to robz D2 (possible behavior for a new scum not distancing from his partner, but I guess any kind of behavior is possible). He come to defend robz after robz's "discredit" on the IC, then also say that the IC is discrediting himself.

Voltaire, do robz usually discredit you with reasons that would help his team? or do he just randomly want to discredit you?

If there is a actually scum reason, my hypothesis is that he might have shared that reason with partner 2.7(if he is actually scum), therefore making him a bit more incline to discredit Voltaire.

2.7 also thinks that 2 points from robz against eevee that is not that convincing for me "convincing enough", which is slightly suspicious.

Therefore I am currently suspecting 2.7 (as robz's partner), but am not very sure.
As far as the two points go: I responded to Eevee about them here, and you can see his response and my additional comment here.

As far as Robz buddying: If you want to see it as that, go ahead I can't stop you.  That is not what it was.  As far as the IC thing I was disappointed by what I saw as a rage-vote and really just wanted Voltaire to move past that so we could get work done on D2. (see here and here)  My response to Eevee covers other D2 buddying accusations that we were working together against Eevee.
Apparently I missed those when I was making my last post. It seems more reasonable now, but not entirely convincing.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia XXXIII: Toy Story Mafia (GAME IS ON DAY 1 START!!)
« Reply #1119 on: November 21, 2013, 11:32:03 am »

(fixed)

But he'd expressed doubts about faust before, and I don't think ever commented on the scumslip. Unless I'm missing the post.

Well okay he expressed scepticism about scumslips in general, but admittedly didn't reject the possibility that it could be seen as scummy. I find it quite dismissive:

Voltaire - doc. Do not lynch, do not kill.
Here's the thing everyone is getting all excited about it seems. Most likely yet another "scumslip" I think. And by that I mean not-a-scumslip. I see Yuma pointed out it could be just a grammatical mistake from english not being his first language. That's possible, but I think it could also just be emphasizing that voltaire is one of the good guys, so we should not kill him and stuff. lynching is killing, after all. So null, <i>maybe</i> scummy.

And then two of his posts later he says:

So, I am getting a little convinced that faust's do not kill thing could be a scumtell. It clearly was not a language mistake, because if it was faust would have said as such. Instead, his excuse is that he was actually talking to scum. This seems less plausible to me. But still, I am less confident because it doesn't seem like something scum is likely to accidentally say and in prior experiences scumhunting on scumslips has not gone well.

Vote: faust. I'm sure enough that he is my preferred lynch now. And I don't have see why putting him at L-1 is a bad thing. However, reminder, This is L-1. Do not hammer without stating intent prior and giving everyone a chance to weigh in if possible.

I'm actually less sure what I think about this now, since I had for some reason assumed faust had received votes in between these posts and was now a viable lynch, but now that I've checked this was not the case.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1120 on: November 21, 2013, 11:33:15 am »

I don't like how he "does himself no favor" as if he is on his own now.  But I would not count on it for anything.

If you wouldn't count on it for anything, why mention it?

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1121 on: November 21, 2013, 11:43:22 am »

Eevee: has significantly more posts and content on D2 than he did D1. I think this is either: scum who realized after D1 that he needs to up his contributions (which weren't all that low anyway), or town who suddenly has lots more to talk about! Or maybe null because he just happened to have more time to post now than he did before. But between the town/scum scenarios, I think the town is more likely.
e has rocketed up the scum ladder today.
rereading day 2/catching up and wow, this, first and foremost this.
I don't like either of these posts... why??

This post responding to Robz's case is very convincing.

I can't find where he explains his scumread on E. I'm sure it's there somewhere...

Well, even from all that content, I'm still pretty null on him. Maybe slight town, and I don't want to lynch him today because a) I don't have a real reason to suspect him and b) he's contributing.

liopoil was siding with Eevee ahead of Robz, but had them listed as second and third scummiest (after Arch). Not sure exactly what that means in terms of a possible partner.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1122 on: November 21, 2013, 11:46:03 am »

Actually his reads had changed. He said this:

I have time for that too:

town to scum (might change a bit when I actually write stuff up):

liopoil/voltaire
sudgy
e
yuma
gveoniz
jimmmm
robz
eevee
archetype

And three days later said this:

So, summary:

Want to Lynch: gveoniz, archetype
Willing to Lynch: Robz888, Jimmmmm
Don't want to lynch: Yuma, sudgy, eevee, E
Won't lynch: Liopoil, Voltaire

I'll Vote: Gveoniz to see if there's support for that because I slightly prefer it over archetype, but if there isn't I will voice intent to vote for archetype

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #1123 on: November 21, 2013, 11:48:00 am »

What conclusion do you draw from that?

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1124 on: November 21, 2013, 11:54:23 am »

All in all I'm pretty null about liopoil. For me the most noteworthy observation is that his reads seemed to change a bit, which could be an open-minded Townie or scum going with the flow and following popular opinion. I think it could do with more thought about whether they were reasonable changes, and I will do so when I can.

At this stage of the three I've looked at (although I admittedly haven't looked at yuma much), my lynch preference is Gveoniz > yuma > liopoil.
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 60  All

Page created in 0.071 seconds with 14 queries.