Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 60  All

Author Topic: Mafia XXXIII: Toy Story Mafia (Game over, Ice Mafia win!)  (Read 140901 times)

Archetype

• Jester
  • Suffers from Fancy Play Syndrom
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia XXXIII: Toy Story Mafia (DAY 2 START!!)
« Reply #675 on: November 11, 2013, 06:49:34 pm »

I'm pretty sure I know why he did it, but I still suspect him.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #676 on: November 11, 2013, 06:50:45 pm »

I hugely disagree it was the dumbest thing ever. Faust had a scummy statement that he failed to give any mitigating explanation for whatsoever.

No, faust had a statement no scum would ever make. It was not a scummy statement. sudgy's "trap" was of mediocre quality. Sometimes that works, sometimes it doesn't. There was no damn reason to quicklynch faust and it was absolutely not true that he was the "only" lynch we would arrive at. Because tonight what should be happening is that it's the end of D1, I declare a faust lynch off the table and offer up those who think he is scum as the lynch candidates, and we see who is willing to listen to me/who thinks I am on the right track, and take it from there. Now we have to do that today, and two townies are dead.

Well, far be it from me to critique an IC... but I am going to anyways....

I think you should have taken faust off the table before you left if this was ultimately your plan.

from my point of view, I was the only one thinking that faust might be town. everyone else was saying he was scum and yeah... I was super frustrated that I was being called scummy for saying something wasn't a scumslip because there is no such thing as a scumslip. So I voted him because that is what everyone wanted, they obviously didn't want to listen to reason, they wanted to listen to group think and themselves saying the same things over and over and over again and then attack anyone with a contrary position. So I did what I did and hoped I was wrong and that he was scum. He wasn't. I am not really surprised.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia XXXIII: Toy Story Mafia (GAME IS ON DAY 1 START!!)
« Reply #677 on: November 11, 2013, 06:53:15 pm »

The final 3 faust votes (I strongly believe that one of these is mafia):

hmmm... hmmm... (there isn't a need to state intent to hammer lio. None at all...)

hammer time. faust is getting lynched anyways, that is pretty obvious. Maybe I am completely wrong about faust. I hate the idea of a player getting lynched two days in a row. But sometimes that is just the way it is.

But he is going to get lynched today. I don't really like it, but that's how it goes, so why prolong the inevitable....

vote: faust

Now at least day2 will be going when I am around a bit more (note... this isn't why I am doing this, but is certainly a small, but very selfish part.
I'm back again... but not for all that long and I will only have phone access tomorrow. I should have popped in earlier today.

[bunch of other stuff]

Vote: faust. I'm sure enough that he is my preferred lynch now. And I don't have see why putting him at L-1 is a bad thing. However, reminder, This is L-1. Do not hammer without stating intent prior and giving everyone a chance to weigh in if possible.
Alright. I pick B: Town/Scum. Mostly because it's the most likely thing for there to be. I would not mind lynching from one of these two, but I prefer faust since he's acting fairly similar to how he did in Modern Community

Vote: faust since NHS will most likely be replaced.

The liopoil vote was careless (in my opinion) to put Faust at L-1, but I really don't get a huge scum-read from the vote, especially because he specifically told people to post intent to hammer before they hammered.

The Yuma vote?  Seems like a rage-vote (slightly) since people were starting to accuse him of being on the same scum-team as Faust.  He clearly knew he wasn't, because Faust was town, but that doesn't mean that Yuma just thought he was on the other mafia team.  I see a decent scum-read on yuma here

Now Archetypes vote looks like an unexplained wagon vote.  Really nothing to it, but it was a "safe" vote because everyone was doing it and it only put Faust at L-2.  Now, when I see unexplained votes, I think scum.

vote: Archetype

This post is incredibly scummy.

First 2.7 decides that a group of players must include scum... he doesn't include why that group must include scum though. he just states it as a fact and then moves on to discuss the individual players which is fine in a way, but 2.7 just completely eliminates the rest of the player pool in a way that looks far too convenient to me. Maybe there is scum in this group of three, it isn't me. I don't know about the other two. But I see no reason given by him as to why he is focusing on us three except that perhaps it doesn't include him or his scum partner.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #678 on: November 11, 2013, 06:54:58 pm »

I'm pretty sure that at least two of Robz, 2.7, and yuma are scum and will lynch almost exclusively from that pool.

this statement is scummy from archetype in the same way that 2.7's is. Why is this pool of players scummy? Why eliminate everyone else?

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #679 on: November 11, 2013, 06:55:47 pm »

I'm pretty sure that at least two of Robz, 2.7, and yuma are scum and will lynch almost exclusively from that pool.
So you are narrowing our scumpool down to 3 for this round.  Ambitious.

You did basically the same thing just before... why is his attempt ambitious, but yours isn't?

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #680 on: November 11, 2013, 06:56:56 pm »

Weird, weird post. Sounds like you are one of the scum teams trying to give the other team advice.

I am... Hey Ice Mafia shoot Robz or Voltgloss during Night1 ok?

Or... maybe I am trying to find a way to optimize this setup toward town.

Revisited this while reading, but don't quite understand this post, can anyone explain this to me? (note that voltgloss is killed but he is burnt to death by Fire Mafia instead of Ice Mafia)

Bolded the most pertinent part of the statement for you.

Archetype

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #681 on: November 11, 2013, 06:58:25 pm »

this statement is scummy from archetype in the same way that 2.7's is. Why is this pool of players scummy? Why eliminate everyone else?
Because there is likely scum in there. And by likely I mean for sure because 2.7 is included.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #682 on: November 11, 2013, 07:03:38 pm »

I'm also developing suspicions of people who joined the lynched convinced by the scum slip. How many times does this need to happen before people learn? Applies especially to more veteran players - we are building a good pile of evidence to the theory that "only town scumslip, because scum is more careful in their posting".

I don't remember who else but Robz was vocal about the wording making no sense for anyone but scum, but scum points for that. I actually feel bad for not supporting yuma earlier for being the voice of reason yesterday, I was fighting to stay caught up all the time and never really developed a strong read on faust. Hindsight is 20/20 of course.

while i appreciate the sentiment... words are wind my friend

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #683 on: November 11, 2013, 07:04:19 pm »

Because there is likely scum in there. And by likely I mean for sure because 2.7 is included.
Someone forgot to give me the memo?

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #684 on: November 11, 2013, 07:04:29 pm »

vote: arch for soft claiming cop in a game that doesn't have one.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #685 on: November 11, 2013, 07:30:50 pm »

Rage vote: yuma. The faust lynch was (almost) the dumbest fucking thing ever. I wanted to get everyone on the table to see who wanted to out themselves as willing to mislynch. Why do you think I was doing ABCD? I am only voting for someone on the faust wagon today.

Speaking of which, can we please get an official final votecount mail-mi? I don't see one.

Well you sure make me want to keep playing this game, but I am just going to ignore your first sentence and move on.

Appeal to emotion!

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #686 on: November 11, 2013, 07:32:41 pm »

Yuma, why did you expect to be quicklynched today?

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #687 on: November 11, 2013, 07:34:15 pm »

Rage vote: yuma. The faust lynch was (almost) the dumbest fucking thing ever. I wanted to get everyone on the table to see who wanted to out themselves as willing to mislynch. Why do you think I was doing ABCD? I am only voting for someone on the faust wagon today.

Speaking of which, can we please get an official final votecount mail-mi? I don't see one.

Well you sure make me want to keep playing this game, but I am just going to ignore your first sentence and move on.

Appeal to emotion!

hey... you using inflammatory language that i find rather offensive in regard to me... you bet i am going to react emotionally. not to manipulate you but because i am a person with emotions.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #688 on: November 11, 2013, 07:34:40 pm »

I hugely disagree it was the dumbest thing ever. Faust had a scummy statement that he failed to give any mitigating explanation for whatsoever.

No, faust had a statement no scum would ever make. It was not a scummy statement. sudgy's "trap" was of mediocre quality. Sometimes that works, sometimes it doesn't. There was no damn reason to quicklynch faust and it was absolutely not true that he was the "only" lynch we would arrive at. Because tonight what should be happening is that it's the end of D1, I declare a faust lynch off the table and offer up those who think he is scum as the lynch candidates, and we see who is willing to listen to me/who thinks I am on the right track, and take it from there. Now we have to do that today, and two townies are dead.

I think you should have taken faust off the table before you left if this was ultimately your plan.

I wasn't counting on you, of all people, to derphammer.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #689 on: November 11, 2013, 07:35:14 pm »

Appeal to emotion!

hey... you using inflammatory language that i find rather offensive in regard to me... you bet i am going to react emotionally. not to manipulate you but because i am a person with emotions.

I said the lynch was dumb. Not that you are dumb. More than 4 people voted for faust, town helped lynch faust.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #690 on: November 11, 2013, 07:37:21 pm »

IF you are town, then you derphammered. Because you hammered a player you thought was town, against the explicit instruction of the IC.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #691 on: November 11, 2013, 07:37:37 pm »

Yuma, why did you expect to be quicklynched today?

not quicklynched... night killed.

either faust is mafia and one of the mafia decides to take me out

or

faust is town and one of the mafia teams thinks i must be opposing mafia and wants to kill me

looks like they went the way of thinking i was a good mislynch (or other team lynch)... so I would highly expect mafia to come out strongly suspecting me... this is something more to remember when I am dead as i think few of you trust me now.. but do remember it.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #692 on: November 11, 2013, 07:38:23 pm »

Appeal to emotion!

I said the lynch was dumb. Not that you are dumb. More than 4 people voted for faust, town helped lynch faust.

it came immediately after a vote on me, but ok.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
« Reply #693 on: November 11, 2013, 07:41:17 pm »

The arguments were heating up. "I think it's these three!" One toy called.

"No, I think it's YOU!"

Vote Count 2.1:

Archetype (2): 2.71828....., yuma
Robz888 (2): Voltaire, Archetype
yuma (1): sudgy
Not Voting (5): liopoil, Robz888, Jimmmmmm, Eevee, Gveoniz

With 10 alive it takes 6 to lynch

Day 2 ends Sunday November 17 at 8 FT.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

Archetype

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #694 on: November 11, 2013, 07:43:20 pm »

The arguments were heating up. "I think it's these three!" One toy called.
Hey! That's me!

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #695 on: November 11, 2013, 08:04:06 pm »

from my point of view, I was the only one thinking that faust might be town. everyone else was saying he was scum and yeah... I was super frustrated that I was being called scummy for saying something wasn't a scumslip because there is no such thing as a scumslip. So I voted him because that is what everyone wanted, they obviously didn't want to listen to reason, they wanted to listen to group think and themselves saying the same things over and over and over again and then attack anyone with a contrary position. So I did what I did and hoped I was wrong and that he was scum. He wasn't. I am not really surprised.
I think it was either a gigantic blunder from yuma to vote for faust or he is scum. I might give a pass for someone else for doing something like this, but i think yuma should know better. Like.. i just dont understand hammering people you dont think will flip scum. i totally understand voltaire's frustration, even if i dont agree with the harsh wording he chose.

yuma's actions were also a gigantic hedge of the scummy kind. of faust flips town, he makes this post. if faust flips scum, he takes the credit for hammering mafia. i agree that true scumslips dont exist / this forum (me included) always attacks dumb wording/thinking errors, but being responsible and accountable for your votes is mafia 101, and hammer votes should be especially heavily scrutinized.

i'm too tired to look back to the vote situation / general mood to see if scumyuma could have something to gain from such a risky play, but i'm honestly thinking the only yuma that could have his wincon advanced by that hammer is scumyuma and townyuma doesnt make mistakes that big or would at least start by apologizing if he out of frustration did.

sudgy

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sudgy
  • It's pronounced "SOO-jee"
    • View Profile
« Reply #696 on: November 11, 2013, 08:11:10 pm »

No, faust had a statement no scum would ever make. It was not a scummy statement. sudgy's "trap" was of mediocre quality. Sometimes that works, sometimes it doesn't. There was no d*** reason to quicklynch faust and it was absolutely not true that he was the "only" lynch we would arrive at. Because tonight what should be happening is that it's the end of D1, I declare a faust lynch off the table and offer up those who think he is scum as the lynch candidates, and we see who is willing to listen to me/who thinks I am on the right track, and take it from there. Now we have to do that today, and two townies are dead.

I think it was either a gigantic blunder from yuma to vote for faust or he is scum. I might give a pass for someone else for doing something like this, but i think yuma should know better. Like.. i just dont understand hammering people you dont think will flip scum. i totally understand voltaire's frustration, even if i dont agree with the harsh wording he chose.

Yuma did do it in LotR2, but that was when there was barely any time left.  Yuma, just for future reference, it is extremely frustrating to be lynched and not able to say a thing about it.  Coming from someone you did it to.
If you're wondering what my avatar is, watch this.

Check out my logic puzzle blog!

Quote from: sudgy on June 31, 2011, 11:47:46 pm

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #697 on: November 11, 2013, 09:32:23 pm »

Yeah, vote: yuma and I'm done voting today. If you want to lynch someone else, you'll need to do it without my vote.

I'll still be playing, mind you. I'll be trying to help identify the other three scum.

If this is scum!Eevee expertly manipulating me, then a tip of the cap. You did it perfectly.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #698 on: November 11, 2013, 09:34:52 pm »

yuma's actions were also a gigantic hedge of the scummy kind. of faust flips town, he makes this post. if faust flips scum, he takes the credit for hammering mafia. i agree that true scumslips dont exist / this forum (me included) always attacks dumb wording/thinking errors, but being responsible and accountable for your votes is mafia 101, and hammer votes should be especially heavily scrutinized.

i'm too tired to look back to the vote situation / general mood to see if scumyuma could have something to gain from such a risky play, but i'm honestly thinking the only yuma that could have his wincon advanced by that hammer is scumyuma and townyuma doesnt make mistakes that big or would at least start by apologizing if he out of frustration did.

I am not saying what I did was the right move. It probably wasn't. But I am not going to apologize for it, because that means I would need to apologize for being extremely frustrated and my feelings and frustrations were real.

I am willing to be accountable for my vote and I am not saying that what I did wouldn't be perceived as scummy... hence why I wondered if I would be NKed by a scum team thinking they were going to hit an opposite scum member. But they didn't... which makes me think that instead they thought I would be a good mislynch, hence my suspicion of people pushing already for my lynch.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #699 on: November 11, 2013, 09:35:35 pm »

Yeah, vote: yuma and I'm done voting today. If you want to lynch someone else, you'll need to do it without my vote.

Alright, just remember what I said in the post above. I am extremely suspicious of people who started out the day trying to get me lynched.
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 60  All

Page created in 0.085 seconds with 15 queries.