Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 62  All

Author Topic: Mafia XXIX: Wibbly Wobbly Timey Wimey Dinner Party (Game Over! Universe Wins!)  (Read 143056 times)

shraeye

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: shraeye
  • More Graph Theory please
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia XXIX: Wibbly Wobbly Timey Wimey Dinner Party (Day 3!)
« Reply #1050 on: August 29, 2013, 09:15:12 pm »

So... little... talking.

Well most of the rest of us were pretty involved with some crazy stuff in another game.

What is your excuse? Or rather, what have you done to increase the amount of talking except to note that we aren't?

Uh, I think I've brought up a lot of stuff. I want to know what other people think about claiming. I would love to get some reaction to my contention that mail-mi is scum. And also my suspicion of you, which is less than my suspicion of mail-mi but certainly second most. I've come to shraeye's defense and sort of backed off nkirbit with reason.
I need to reread mail-mi, but my sorting of suspicious people after lio's flip and seeing the nightkills definitely has mail-mi and yuma looking more suspicious.

Once again I am asking why?

I mean really? Why? Is it just based off the idea that I wasn't night killed and thus must be mafia? Is that your whole argument. Because if so it misses a crucial piece. That mafia knows this. I do have an established meta where if I am not dead by day3 I am scum. But it isn't an accurate meta. And it is a meta that favors scum tremendously when I am town. All they have to do to get me mislynched on day3 (and at a likely critical juncture) is to keep me alive...

Looking back at games; i grabbed the normal ones.  yuma was scum in Masons/monks, mean girl and was alive until the end in both.  yuma town in Bankers, Grujah's game, ninjas, simpleMafia...he was nightkilled night 4 in Bankers, N1 in ninjas.  lived in the other two games for 3 days in each.

The last time you were lynched seems ages ago.  I think I remember that happening in DS9.  so your meta of being a mislynch if you're alive at day3 is not really supported by anything other than your word.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1051 on: August 29, 2013, 09:29:27 pm »

So... little... talking.

Well most of the rest of us were pretty involved with some crazy stuff in another game.

What is your excuse? Or rather, what have you done to increase the amount of talking except to note that we aren't?

Uh, I think I've brought up a lot of stuff. I want to know what other people think about claiming. I would love to get some reaction to my contention that mail-mi is scum. And also my suspicion of you, which is less than my suspicion of mail-mi but certainly second most. I've come to shraeye's defense and sort of backed off nkirbit with reason.
I need to reread mail-mi, but my sorting of suspicious people after lio's flip and seeing the nightkills definitely has mail-mi and yuma looking more suspicious.

Once again I am asking why?

I mean really? Why? Is it just based off the idea that I wasn't night killed and thus must be mafia? Is that your whole argument. Because if so it misses a crucial piece. That mafia knows this. I do have an established meta where if I am not dead by day3 I am scum. But it isn't an accurate meta. And it is a meta that favors scum tremendously when I am town. All they have to do to get me mislynched on day3 (and at a likely critical juncture) is to keep me alive...

Looking back at games; i grabbed the normal ones.  yuma was scum in Masons/monks, mean girl and was alive until the end in both.  yuma town in Bankers, Grujah's game, ninjas, simpleMafia...he was nightkilled night 4 in Bankers, N1 in ninjas.  lived in the other two games for 3 days in each.

The last time you were lynched seems ages ago.  I think I remember that happening in DS9.  so your meta of being a mislynch if you're alive at day3 is not really supported by anything other than your word.

But both DS9 and Masons further show my point. In those games I was scum. And I was alive til the end in both (lynched correctly the last day of DS9). But in both of those games there was an opposing scum faction who elected to not kill me. If I am such a major threat to scum because I am a world class scum hunter why didn't those factions kill me off?

I never said I had a meta of being mislynched day3 if alive, but there is a meta of that general concept and has been mentioned numerous times by players (ashersky specifically seems to mention it quite a bit). Look, I am not going to be able to win this argument by showing off how many times I have been mislynched. Why? Because I don't get mislynched. Ever. I have been mislynched a grand total of 1 time in Masquerade.

But what I am trying to explain is that just because I live out through a game doesn't automatically make me mafia.

To expand on your thinking:

Harry Potter - town; lived until the end (why wasn't I killed by mafia here?)
Simple Game - town: lived until the end (why wasn't I killed by mafia here?)
Pirates II - town: lived until the end (why wasn't I killed by mafia here?)
Mean Girls - mafia: lived until the end
Ninjas - town: died night1 (finally a game where mafia killed me. Why because I was obviously town pushing the day1 wagon on scum correctly)
Bankers - town: lived til late mid game (why wasn't I killed earlier?)
Masons and Monks - mafia (lived til the end, but why not killed by other faction?)
DS9 - mafia (lived til basically the end, but why not killed by other faction?)
Major Arcana II- town: Night killed night2
Buffy - town: Lived until the end (why wasn't I killed by mafia here?)
Switch mafia - town: lived until the basically the end (why wasn't I killed by mafia earlier?)
Chicken mafia - mafia: lived until the end
Masquerade - town: lived for a long time, ultimately lynched mid game.
Major Arcana - town: Night killed night2
Pirates - town: night killed night4
Doctor Mafia - mafia - lived until the end
III - mafia lived until basically the end.

So basically what I am saying is that there are slew of games where I have survived until the late game and not been mafia. and I don't like that people are suggesting that I am mafia solely based off that evidence. Because it is faulty as demonstrated above.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1052 on: August 29, 2013, 10:04:18 pm »

So I'm doing the promised reread of Robz, and if I see anything pop out, I'll note it here.

Does Robz usually take 3 posts in a row to do nothing but call on lurkers? I swear he does this at least 3 times in D2. Thing is, he does this, without posting content himself. Scummy.

lol accidental lock.

I think we should lynch lio. If he's scum, great. If he's town, revisit nkirbit tomorrow.

Has robz revisited nk yet? Has he done anything other than vague accusations toward me and call out lurkers?

Scratch that, rereading D3 now, he has.

Wants to meta-lynch yuma. Something I don't agree with right now.

This seems weird (not necessarily scummy, but definitely weird)
I just said that to be consistent.

All in all, a null-to-scummy read. And it's bad that i have a nullish read this stage...
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1053 on: August 30, 2013, 12:26:19 am »

Rly? nothing?
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1054 on: August 30, 2013, 08:27:25 am »

Rly? nothing?

Oh, man. You had so many original and deep thoughts... we probably all just needed time to digest it.

I'll do my best here, but can't guarantee anything that, you know, measures up to your thoughts on the subject:

So I'm doing the promised reread of Robz, and if I see anything pop out, I'll note it here.

Does Robz usually take 3 posts in a row to do nothing but call on lurkers? I swear he does this at least 3 times in D2. Thing is, he does this, without posting content himself. Scummy.

Hmmmm. lurkers. I think the real question is whether the people he was calling out were actually lurking or not.

lol accidental lock.

yeah... that was funny

I think we should lynch lio. If he's scum, great. If he's town, revisit nkirbit tomorrow.

Has robz revisited nk yet? Has he done anything other than vague accusations toward me and call out lurkers?

Scratch that, rereading D3 now, he has.

yep...

Wants to meta-lynch yuma. Something I don't agree with right now.

Great! Neither do I. My reasons should be clear. What are yours?

The weird vs scummy debate once again. Why is it weird? Why is it weird, but not scummy? It actually kinda cleared up my original question on the subject.

All in all, a null-to-scummy read. And it's bad that i have a nullish read this stage...

You are right. It is bad to have a nullish read at this stage...

shraeye

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: shraeye
  • More Graph Theory please
    • View Profile
« Reply #1055 on: August 30, 2013, 08:39:58 am »

Why do you point out something that's weird, only to say it's not necessarily scummy.  Do YOU think it's scummy?  do you want US to think it's scummy.  Why might it be scummy and why not?

Unless you have answers for those questions, there's no point behind just calling things out.

That read has almost no content.  You said a few things Robz did.  The ONLY read that I see from your post is calling Robz scummy for zinging the lurkers.  Other than that you noted the thread lock, asked a question, realized you had the answer (but didn't comment at all on Robz's nkirbit stances in either direction), pointed out something that 'wasn't necessarily scummy'.

I'm surprised this leads to to have any read on Robz at all.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1056 on: August 30, 2013, 08:08:08 pm »

quick post as labor appears to be commencing. Not sure when I will be back.

I feel like I need to put a vote down given my VLA may last who knows how long. nkirbit remains toward the top really just based off my feelings from yesterday. See those posts for more info. vote: nkirbit

See you all later. I'll be back on when I can.

Archetype

• Jester
  • Suffers from Fancy Play Syndrom
    • View Profile
« Reply #1057 on: August 30, 2013, 08:17:19 pm »

Vote Count 3.1

nkirbit (1): yuma
Not Voting (5): mail-mi, Robz888, shraeye, Voltaire, nkirbit

With 6 alive it takes 4 to lynch.
Day 3 ends on September 6th.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #1058 on: September 01, 2013, 08:50:32 pm »

Hey everyone, I am so so sorry I wasn't able to do my once-a-day check-in like I said I would. The internet at this hotel is super-spotty and slow 'cause they want you to pay for functioning internet which I did not do. I have not had a chance to catch up on this day but it looks like there hasn't been much. I'll be back for real tomorrow night.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1059 on: September 01, 2013, 09:05:44 pm »

Oh yeah this game... I'll hopefully be able to do some stuff tomorrow.

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #1060 on: September 01, 2013, 09:43:19 pm »

I'm pretty committed to lynching either mail-mi or yuma at this point... I have convinced myself that both are scum.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1061 on: September 01, 2013, 11:18:46 pm »

Why do you point out something that's weird, only to say it's not necessarily scummy.  Do YOU think it's scummy?  do you want US to think it's scummy.  Why might it be scummy and why not?

Unless you have answers for those questions, there's no point behind just calling things out.
It's just the way that he said it. It's a bit scummy, and I don't care if you think its scummy, but it just reads funny to me.

And I didn't put everything into the post. Most everything slightly swayed me one way or the other, and robz swayed me to the scummyish side.

Archetype

• Jester
  • Suffers from Fancy Play Syndrom
    • View Profile
« Reply #1062 on: September 02, 2013, 09:30:16 pm »

Vote Count 3.2

Crickets chirped.

nkirbit (1): yuma
Not Voting (5): mail-mi, Robz888, shraeye, Voltaire, nkirbit

With 6 alive it takes 4 to lynch.
Day 3 ends on September 6th.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1063 on: September 02, 2013, 11:09:34 pm »

I reread NK. After that, I think I'm most comfortable with a Vote: Robz

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1064 on: September 02, 2013, 11:55:25 pm »

I reread NK. After that, I think I'm most comfortable with a Vote: Robz

WHy?

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1065 on: September 03, 2013, 09:52:31 am »

So little going on in this game...

Really the only thing I have to comment on is this:

I'm pretty committed to lynching either mail-mi or yuma at this point... I have convinced myself that both are scum.

How did you reach this conclusion?

And I guess I should ask the same thing of mail-mi as his "reread" of Robz I felt didn't provide any basis for a vote that I saw. It looks much more like a pre-emptive OMGUS on Robz due to the quote above.

Oh... and unvote for now I suppose

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #1066 on: September 03, 2013, 11:05:15 am »

So I'm back for realz.

I want to re-read yuma. Because he is alive. Really. I know if you're town this puts you in a tough spot. I read your defense but I want to read it again during a re-read.

I'm currently thinking nkirbit may actually be town?

I want to re-read shraeye. Whoever said he's been flying under the radar is right.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1067 on: September 03, 2013, 11:15:44 am »

So I'm back for realz.

I want to re-read yuma. Because he is alive. Really. I know if you're town this puts you in a tough spot. I read your defense but I want to read it again during a re-read.

I'm currently thinking nkirbit may actually be town?

I want to re-read shraeye. Whoever said he's been flying under the radar is right.

It is less about me being in a tight spot than it is about town being in a tight spot. Because right now I feel like I am the most likely to be lynched today with multiple people suspecting me. I do. And all of it is based off me still being alive from what I can tell. Nothing else has been mentioned, so it appears thats all it is. It puts town in a bad spot because it appears to be a pretty easy mislynch that is being pushed through. "yuma is alive still! He must be scum!" requires very little thought process and even less when it comes to true scum hunting.

nkirbit could very well be town. It means we played a horrible day2, but that happens. I am still leaning toward the scummier side, but I haven't had a chance to reread and see what liopoil being town signifies.

shraeye, yes, has been under the radar. I would lump you right in with him. No one has really suspected you at all this game.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #1068 on: September 03, 2013, 11:25:14 am »

It is less about me being in a tight spot than it is about town being in a tight spot. Because right now I feel like I am the most likely to be lynched today with multiple people suspecting me. I do. And all of it is based off me still being alive from what I can tell. Nothing else has been mentioned, so it appears thats all it is. It puts town in a bad spot because it appears to be a pretty easy mislynch that is being pushed through. "yuma is alive still! He must be scum!" requires very little thought process and even less when it comes to true scum hunting.

Trust me, I know. I want to be very cautious here. I do agree the case on you so far is simply that you are alive. But that can be pretty damning. I want to re-read to see what else you've done.

You actually suspected me D1, and then mail-mi sheeped that. And nkirbit switched from thinking I was misguided to thinking I was scum yesterday. Everyone except for shraeye has been suspected by multiple people at some point, I think.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1069 on: September 03, 2013, 04:22:40 pm »

shraye hasn't posted since Friday? I don't remember him saying anything VLA wise.

nkirbit hasn't posted since Thursday? He said he was very, very busy. Too busy to do rereads. But too busy to post?

Request Prod on both shraeye and nkirbit

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1070 on: September 03, 2013, 04:29:24 pm »

I was planning on doing some re-reading today on metro ride home. I hate posting to the effect of "I'm going to do this later," but well, there it is.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1071 on: September 03, 2013, 04:29:52 pm »

I also find shraeye and nkirbit's silence troubling, since I believe them both to be town, and therefore extremely important right now.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1072 on: September 03, 2013, 04:31:51 pm »

I was planning on doing some re-reading today on metro ride home. I hate posting to the effect of "I'm going to do this later," but well, there it is.

Oh the Metro. Good times there...

Looking forward to what you have to say. But I do think it is interesting that you first want to lynch mail-mi or me but second want to do the reread. I think you might have those two reversed...

PPE: And that you have nkirbit and shraeye as town reads. Why do a reread at all. Looks like you already have this game figured out!

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1073 on: September 03, 2013, 04:33:27 pm »

Looking forward to what you have to say. But I do think it is interesting that you first want to lynch mail-mi or me but second want to do the reread. I think you might have those two reversed...

PPE: And that you have nkirbit and shraeye as town reads. Why do a reread at all. Looks like you already have this game figured out!

Yuma, this is not you.* Of course you know that I will totally re-evaluate these opinions if I see conflicting evidence in the re-read.

*because you are scum

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1074 on: September 03, 2013, 04:37:02 pm »

Yuma, this is not you.* Of course you know that I will totally re-evaluate these opinions if I see conflicting evidence in the re-read.

*because you are scum

Will you? When have you ever re-evaluated anything once you had your mind set on it? Your nice little astricks that you added shows this. You have a preconceived notion in your head. You are stuck on it. You won't change it. Why? Because you will turn what ever evidence there is into something that you will interpret as scummy. I could be the towniest person in this game and you would come out with a scum read. This reads Pirates II all over it. You might be right about mail-mi, but you are wrong about me and I guarantee that you won't change your opinion during a reread. The question for me is wether or not town!Robz won't change his opinion because he is stubborn or because scum!Robz won't change his opinion because he thinks I am an easy mislynch.
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 62  All

Page created in 0.054 seconds with 15 queries.