Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 82  All

Author Topic: MXXVII: CLUE Mafia Mafia Wins  (Read 189067 times)

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
Re: MXXVII: CLUE Mafia Day1
« Reply #800 on: July 20, 2013, 09:12:52 pm »

I'm V/LA this weekend, which is unfortunate as we happpen to have a monday deadline, but I can probably check in once or twice tommorow.

chairs

• Young Witch
  • Why don't you have a seat over there...
    • View Profile
« Reply #801 on: July 21, 2013, 10:46:22 am »

Sorry I didn't post yesterday  :-[

I'm just a poor little Vanilla Townie.  Please don't lynch me!

shraeye

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: shraeye
  • More Graph Theory please
    • View Profile
« Reply #802 on: July 21, 2013, 11:23:40 am »

I think lio is really scummy for how he slipped onto the chairs wagon now, although I will be much more comfortable asserting that if chairs does indeed flip town.

Vote: liopoil

If Voltaire is scum, so is Robz.  Oddly pushing Voltaire all day, and then all of a sudden he's at L-2 and Robz finds a reason to bail?  Scummy.
I disagree with this.  If Robz is scum and Volt is scum, then Robz continues to bus away.  It's Twisted's absence on the Volt wagon that is the most suspicious.

UmbrageOfSnow

• Moneylender
  • Shuffle iT Username: Umbrageofsnow
    • View Profile
« Reply #803 on: July 21, 2013, 11:45:30 am »

Okay, so I'm going to be on and off today (sadly I have non-computer things to do today) but I should be on from evening until midnight or 1 A.M. as before.

Deadline is 10 A.M. tomorrow.  I know I am unlikely to be on before then, once I sign off for the night, and it seems that only 1 or 2 people ever log on during those hours as far as I've seen.

So it seems to me like we really need to decide on a lynch tonight.

1. It doesn't seem like the Chairs wagon is easily going through, does that make you any more comfortable with it, Ash/TA?

2. I posted a list a while back of people who had said they'd like an Mcmcsalot wagon (including both Ash and TA who aren't on the Chairs wagon.)  I asked if there was anyone I missed or any of the Volt voters liked an Mcmcsalot wagon better than Chairs, because 6 people have publically stated that Mcmcsalot was one of their scummier reads, if neither Volt nor Chairs is going to happen, is that a good compromise?  I've been liking the look of an Mcmcsalot lynch for quite a while.

3. Nkirbit, you haven't said anything about this, although you were early on the Chairs wagon, what do you think of Mcmcsalot?

4. Is there a 7th person that would be happy to hammer chairs?

UmbrageOfSnow

• Moneylender
    • View Profile
« Reply #804 on: July 21, 2013, 11:56:15 am »

1. How does this make people feel about him?  I'm pretty much exactly where I was.  At first I was thinking a Vanilla Townie claim wasn't a great way to get out of a lynch, and it isn't, but then scum knows that, and more importantly, we know what and how many powerroles there are, there is no powerrole you can claim in this game that can't be counterclaimed immediately, so it seems like that wouldn't save you either, and this is an equally logical gambit.  (I'm not saying this is a bonus point against him, I'm saying this leaves me feeling he had the exact same probability of being scum as before.) Thoughts?

2. I've obviously never lynched Chairs before, does the "poor little Vanilla Townie" phrasing seem legit to you guys.  This is one of the areas where I think meta arguments make sense.

3. No one has stated intent to hammer yet, although we are less than 24 hours from the deadline and he's at L-1, so I can see the logic if he's not going to be on much.

Conclusion: I still think he's got a better-than-50% chance of being scum and he's certainly been unhelpful.  I think his chances of being scum are much better than anyone else I'd want to lynch other than Robz and Mcmcsalot.  This claim doesn't make me think he's more likely to be scum, but it doesn't make me think he's less likely to be scum either.

4. I like numbers today, apparently.

raerae

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: raerae
    • View Profile
« Reply #805 on: July 21, 2013, 12:01:00 pm »

D1 Reads/Thoughts:

1. Robz - Pretty townie, don't understand the suspicion on him so far.
2. Liopoil - Suspicious but not acting like the scumlio I've seen so not sure where to go with that.
3. Twistedarcher - There are a lot of similarities here to Innovation TA.  I know Volt cautioned against this but this game started when that was in full swing and the scum team was trouncing town so I feel like it's reasonable to consider TA coming in overconfident on his scum performance.
4. Shraeye - Always suspicious of how townie he is.  I'm watching you, Wazowski.  Always watching...
5. Eevee - Fully expect more participation out of him.  Suspicious because he simply hasn't been as helpful as I expect Eevee to be. 
6. Voltaire - Totally unsure.  See the merits of shraeye's accusations but see some town here too.
7. UmbrageOfSnow - Null read, seems to throw towncred at people who agree, scumcred to those who don't, I don't assign the same towncred to that a lot of people seem to.
8. Jimmmm - Same as Eevee, expect more here.
9. Nkirbit - Can't remember much.  Another null.
10. Chairs - My thoughts on him are clear
11. Mcmcsalot - Not a lot to go off of. 
12. Ashersky - Townie, same boat as Robz

nkirbit

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #806 on: July 21, 2013, 01:32:17 pm »

Snow:  I'm happy with my vote on chairs.  I would vote mcmc if it was clear he was our only potential lynch, but that's true of every player in this game.

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
  • Shuffle iT Username: mcmcsalot
    • View Profile
« Reply #807 on: July 21, 2013, 01:37:19 pm »

D1 Reads/Thoughts:

1. Robz - Pretty townie, don't understand the suspicion on him so far.
2. Liopoil - Suspicious but not acting like the scumlio I've seen so not sure where to go with that.
3. Twistedarcher - There are a lot of similarities here to Innovation TA.  I know Volt cautioned against this but this game started when that was in full swing and the scum team was trouncing town so I feel like it's reasonable to consider TA coming in overconfident on his scum performance.
4. Shraeye - Always suspicious of how townie he is.  I'm watching you, Wazowski.  Always watching...
5. Eevee - Fully expect more participation out of him.  Suspicious because he simply hasn't been as helpful as I expect Eevee to be. 
6. Voltaire - Totally unsure.  See the merits of shraeye's accusations but see some town here too.
7. UmbrageOfSnow - Null read, seems to throw towncred at people who agree, scumcred to those who don't, I don't assign the same towncred to that a lot of people seem to.
8. Jimmmm - Same as Eevee, expect more here.
9. Nkirbit - Can't remember much.  Another null.
10. Chairs - My thoughts on him are clear
11. Mcmcsalot - Not a lot to go off of. 
12. Ashersky - Townie, same boat as Robz

Are you kidding me?

1. Townie
2. Null/suspicious
3. Null
4. Townie/suspicious
5. Suspicious/expect more
6. Null
7. Null
8. Suspicious/expect more
9. Null
10. Scum
11. Null
12. Townie

So you have one scum read and everyone else is null and you have a few slight town/suspicion.
Wins: M19, M21, M23, M24, M26, M39, M91, M94, M102, M104, M107, M114, M115
Losses: M20, M22, M25, M27, M30, M31, M35, M38, M40, M42, M46, M60, M90, M93, M96, M98, M100, M101, M106, M111, M113
Winrate: 38.2%(13/34) 29.6%(8/27), 71.4%(5/7)

nkirbit

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #808 on: July 21, 2013, 01:39:33 pm »

Twisted just used that strategy in me in the Innovation RMM game, and we did quite well.  So it makes sense that he might try it again.  Also, in that game, I think his flaw as scum in that game was that he was calling me (his partner) suspicious WHILE also being very careful to ask questions about people who were finding me scummy.  I mean to say, I think scumTwisted defends his partners more than other mafia-members do.

Another red-flag is that in Innovation, I told Twisted to blow up the thread with tons of posts, as this really hurts rereads and all.  This game, he has done the opposite and is one of the lower posters.  This looks to me like an attempt to purposefully do something 'different' from the last game, so that I wouldn't catch him that way.

I think it's highly likely that there are two scum in {Voltaire, nkirbit, Twisted}.
I want Innovation players to be verrrrrrrrrry careful about transferring their TA reads. The bold above reeks of confirmation bias to me. I have the advantage of knowing that I am town, so shraeye has at least one bad read.

Right after shraeye posts this, chairs jumps in. If chairs is scum, I see this as chairs trying to move the topic of conversation away from himself. The chairs wagon isn't taking off, and I take that as a good sign we've caught scum and his partners aren't ready to give up and bus D1 yet.

Lurkers, please take a look at Chairs! (and myself, if you haven't been around in awhile and haven't seen that wagon. We need you to help lynch today.

Are you prepared that when I flip town (when, not if) you are probably D2 lynch?

This is another post by chairs that makes me uneasy.  I can't imagine that I would ever try and get a player's vote off me as a town player by threatening them.  I also disagree with Chair's point that Voltaire is the most suspicious player tomorrow if he flips town... I don't think I would find him scummy at all for it.

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #809 on: July 21, 2013, 01:41:52 pm »

Shraeye seems off
Ooh, please do explain!

The first thing that stuck out at me were that you were calling people out for "editing" their posts, when they clearly weren't editing, they just made a typo. It's odd to accuse someone of editing a post when there's actual mistakes in it -- wouldn't it not have typos?

The finding Lio scummy stuff was weird, as well.

It's early, so it's just small stuff, but it definitely got my attention.

UmbrageOfSnow

• Moneylender
    • View Profile
« Reply #810 on: July 21, 2013, 01:46:40 pm »

I think this is unfair.  I've had reasons for the towncred and scumcred beyond not agreeing with me every time, although I admit pushing people away from things that I think are towny is something I tend to think of as scummy.

I think we should note, however, that I've been finding Raerae towny since about the second real-life day despite disagreeing with me, I've actually been finding Shraeye a bit towny in the last day or so (although scummy before then, so pretty much null) despite Shraeye disagreeing with me and antagonizing me at every  opportunity.

I've been finding Chairs scummy for just agreeing with me about things without any thought or discussion (up until this last real life day or two where I've found him even scummier for his unexplained vote and refusal to explain anything.)

And I've found nkirbit slightly scummy for a few posts, even though I think nkirbit and I have pretty much agreed on everything.

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #811 on: July 21, 2013, 01:50:08 pm »

Cool; I like that summary,, and will read it in depth later.

I'm still liking Voltaire as scum.  Another thing I noticed is that Twistedarcher was the first to bring up Voltaire stuff, but he isn't currently on Voltaire, he abandoned that for ash when the Volt stuff started getting serious (maybe my timeline is jacked up, but this is what I remember).

Additionally he has been one of the players who has said without good explanation that I felt 'off'.
Shraeye seems off
Ooh, please do explain!
I don't recall Twisted using meta-type stuff like this (so it's more suspicious than, say, when Eevee calls me 'off').  I look at this as a way to discredit me (the player who is running with teh Volt-lynch) after Twisted realized that his "throw suspicion at partner" strategy might get his partner lynched.

Twisted just used that strategy in me in the Innovation RMM game, and we did quite well.  So it makes sense that he might try it again.  Also, in that game, I think his flaw as scum in that game was that he was calling me (his partner) suspicious WHILE also being very careful to ask questions about people who were finding me scummy.  I mean to say, I think scumTwisted defends his partners more than other mafia-members do.

Another red-flag is that in Innovation, I told Twisted to blow up the thread with tons of posts, as this really hurts rereads and all.  This game, he has done the opposite and is one of the lower posters.  This looks to me like an attempt to purposefully do something 'different' from the last game, so that I wouldn't catch him that way.

I think it's highly likely that there are two scum in {Voltaire, nkirbit, Twisted}.

I find it interesting that you're using my similarities to different games selectively.

In pirates, when we were both town, one of the MAIN reasons you pushed my lynch so hard is that you thought I was throwing suspicion everywhere, on a lot of players. You called me out for it, over and over, D1, D2, repeatedly. Yet you're using it here, again, as a reason to find me scummy. You make no link with the previous game, which I would expect to remain fairly prominent in your mind given how much you tunneled me in that game.

Yet, you don't bring it up as a reason to find me towny.

I also think it's really, really, really, odd that you're using my gameplay from Innovation, and found one similarity, and one difference. Yet somehow you've used BOTH of them to paint me in a scummy light.

I don't get how I could simultaneous be scummy for a difference from Innovation, and scummy for a similarity to Innovation.

It seems like you're selectively picking and choosing my similarities to other games to find reasons I'm scummy.

This sets off alarm bells for me. You're not looking to identify whether or not I'm scummy, or towny. You are digging for reasons on why I'm scummy. Town has more incentive to try to identify whether I'm town or scum -- but that's not what you're doing here. You're simply looking for reasons to make me seem scummy. This is fishy, especially given that I'm not a viable lynch target, and it gives me the impression you're already starting towards your D2 mislynch, after you get the D1 mislynch out of the way.

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #812 on: July 21, 2013, 02:00:40 pm »

1. How does this make people feel about him?  I'm pretty much exactly where I was.  At first I was thinking a Vanilla Townie claim wasn't a great way to get out of a lynch, and it isn't, but then scum knows that, and more importantly, we know what and how many powerroles there are, there is no powerrole you can claim in this game that can't be counterclaimed immediately, so it seems like that wouldn't save you either, and this is an equally logical gambit.  (I'm not saying this is a bonus point against him, I'm saying this leaves me feeling he had the exact same probability of being scum as before.) Thoughts?

2. I've obviously never lynched Chairs before, does the "poor little Vanilla Townie" phrasing seem legit to you guys.  This is one of the areas where I think meta arguments make sense.

3. No one has stated intent to hammer yet, although we are less than 24 hours from the deadline and he's at L-1, so I can see the logic if he's not going to be on much.

Conclusion: I still think he's got a better-than-50% chance of being scum and he's certainly been unhelpful.  I think his chances of being scum are much better than anyone else I'd want to lynch other than Robz and Mcmcsalot.  This claim doesn't make me think he's more likely to be scum, but it doesn't make me think he's less likely to be scum either.

4. I like numbers today, apparently.

I believe the VT claim. I think a first-time scum would probably be more likely to try and claim a PR to save himself. The phrasing also seems really genuine, and in line with everything I've seen with Chairs.

I don't think he's going to flip scum. This seems really genuine. I'm not feeling great about Voltaire, either, and I can think of at least 4 people (Ash, Jimmm (his earlier post regarding Ash seemed really disgenuine, and his most recent large post seems more like an attempt by scum to avoid being caught on the bandwagon of a town member than anything else), Shraeye, and Mcmc.)

I think CHairs is VT, as he claims. I think Volt is probably town, too. I'm just not feeling great about the case on either one of them. Chairs DOES play with his gut a lot (and I can't blame him, he's been right with it a lot, and I'd keep playing with my gut if it consistently nailed scum!)

As for the Volt case, I really think it's a weak D1 case, but it's D1. I haven't read the game in 2 days so I need to re-familiarize myself with the case, but I will do that and then post my opinion on the case.

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #813 on: July 21, 2013, 02:04:52 pm »

I also believe chairs to be a VT.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #814 on: July 21, 2013, 02:12:47 pm »

This post is interesting to me -- it starts off not trying to disprove the Voltaire bandwagon, but rather to discredit it. That's a pretty key difference -- it not only tries to convince people against a lynch, but also to simultaneously paint several people on the wagon as scummy.

I don't think UoS would be so obviously defending a scum partner, though. To me, this reads more like an attempt to paint the people on the wagon scummy, in case Voltaire DOES flip town. This makes me think that the wagon on Voltaire, at the time of this post, was a town-wagon driven by townies. I think Voltaire is town, as well, and we're more likely to find scum on Chairs' current wagon. This would also go along with scum!Jimmm trying to hop on the Voltaire wagon, as both of his teammates would have already been on the Chairs wagon.

I think Volt is more likely scum than Chairs, but I really think they're both town.

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #815 on: July 21, 2013, 02:15:54 pm »

Vote: Voltaire

I hate voting for someone I think is probably town, but I think that Chairs will flip town, and I believe his claim. I'm less confident in my town-read on Voltaire, but I think these are our only two options, and I don't want to see Chairs lynched.

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
  • Shuffle iT Username: mcmcsalot
    • View Profile
« Reply #816 on: July 21, 2013, 04:35:55 pm »

Cool you wanna go back to voting for volt so he can be L-1
Wins: M19, M21, M23, M24, M26, M39, M91, M94, M102, M104, M107, M114, M115
Losses: M20, M22, M25, M27, M30, M31, M35, M38, M40, M42, M46, M60, M90, M93, M96, M98, M100, M101, M106, M111, M113
Winrate: 38.2%(13/34) 29.6%(8/27), 71.4%(5/7)

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #817 on: July 21, 2013, 04:38:31 pm »

Cool you wanna go back to voting for volt so he can be L-1

Well, the Volt lynch is making me a little more nervous. I definitely think he acted scummy in several ways, but he is a top poster, and we have a lot of lurkers.

I am voting for liopoil, I think justly.

I guess I will definitely vote for Volt if it's necessary to get a lynch, but... do you see what I am saying? Check out that post count I made.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #818 on: July 21, 2013, 05:27:29 pm »

Robz, scum lio posts more.  Scum lio is hyper-sensitive to being caught lurking.  Lurking and sheeping is just lio.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #819 on: July 21, 2013, 06:04:00 pm »

Voltaire (4): shraeye, mcmcsalot, chairs, Jimmmm, Voltaire (L-2)
chairs (6): nkirbit, Voltaire, Eevee, Snow, raerae, liopoil (L-1)
mcmcsalot: (1) ashersky
liopoil (1): Robz

Day1 ends July 22nd at 10:30 a.m. forum time.

Updated vote count above.  Robz had been on Voltaire.  I haven't been on either.

Voltaire is more likely to flip scum, by far.  I agree with everyone that chairs is probably a VT as claimed.  Scum's best move, especially if they're about to lose themselves a partner on D1, is claim PR, and in this case Trackilante.  That's who they'd want to out with a counterclaim.

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #820 on: July 21, 2013, 06:15:57 pm »

Ash, I DON'T usually lurk and sheep :P I don't understand why you all are believing chairs. true, scum should try to out a PR. but claiming PR also guarrantees that you will be counterclaimed and lynched. chairs claimed when he shouldn't have if he is town, because there is still nobody stating intent to hammer. I would believe him more if there was someone willing to hammer him, but this looks more like him trying to avoid his lynch altogether because scum would claim PR.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #821 on: July 21, 2013, 06:22:56 pm »

Ash, I DON'T usually lurk and sheep :P I don't understand why you all are believing chairs. true, scum should try to out a PR. but claiming PR also guarrantees that you will be counterclaimed and lynched. chairs claimed when he shouldn't have if he is town, because there is still nobody stating intent to hammer. I would believe him more if there was someone willing to hammer him, but this looks more like him trying to avoid his lynch altogether because scum would claim PR.

You are refuting my reasons for why I think you are likely town?  Um, okay.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #822 on: July 21, 2013, 06:25:50 pm »

VT is so innocuous, he could be lying.  But why waste the claim like that?  Scum's got to be thinking ahead.  Like, town has a tough time fake claiming because the real PR could counterclaim, and then you lose two townies.  Scum doesn't have that problem.

1 for 1 trades are good for scum if the town half of that equation is a PR.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #823 on: July 21, 2013, 06:49:46 pm »

Vote Count 1.17

"But how did he die?" shrieked Mrs. Peacock. "One of us must have killed him!"

"Why do you think it was one of us?" asked Mr. Green.

"Because I was watching the door the entire time! No one came in or out!" she yelled with a glare.

"Not true," said The Singing Telegram Girl. "All of you came running to me when I had my panic attack in the Billard's Room. Except one of you wasn't there... I can't remember whom though."

"Well whomever wasn't with us in that room must be the killer," exclaimed Miss Scarlet.

"Brilliant Miss Scarlet, completely brilliant!" said Col. Mustard. "Victory chest bump!" he said as he moved toward Miss Scarlet.

"Ah, watch it!" she said as she raised her hands to stop him from coming any closer.

Voltaire (5): shraeye, mcmcsalot, chairs, Jimmmm, TA (L-2)
chairs (6): nkirbit, Voltaire, Eevee, Snow, raerae, liopoil (L-1)
mcmcsalot: (1) ashersky
lipoil (1): Robz

With 13 alive it takes 7 to lynch.
Day1 ends July 22nd at 10:30 a.m. forum time.

I am VLA after this post. EFHW and Jorbles will provide post counts. I will check in tomorrow evening regardless of there being a lynch or a no-lynch and will lock the thread then. So expect some twilight for you all. From there I will be on again at a later date to unlock the thread and Robz will notify me via text if there has been a lynch for day2.

Also those of you die in the next few days there will be a flavor mini-game. I will come back and fill in the flavor bits. From there each of you have one opportunity to guess who the murderer is, where the murder was committed and with what. CLUEDO style! But you have to guess before you die--unless you die while I am VLA, then you have after I post the rest of the flavor and then your opportunity is up.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2013, 05:40:33 pm by yuma »

chairs

• Young Witch
  • Why don't you have a seat over there...
    • View Profile
« Reply #824 on: July 21, 2013, 08:26:38 pm »

I was worried the hammer was going to go down while I was gone, I was already at L-1.  Seemed like a good opportunity to throw it out there.

Particularly with Day1 about to end, I felt it was important that I don't miss the opportunity to defend myself, however weakly that opportunity was.
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 82  All

Page created in 0.059 seconds with 20 queries.