Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 62  All

Author Topic: [D&D 4e] Chapter 1: Rescue at Rivenroar  (Read 129234 times)

WinterSpartan

• Coppersmith
    • View Profile
Re: [D&D 4e] Chapter 1: Rescue at Rivenroar
« Reply #600 on: September 04, 2013, 10:22:43 pm »

After a few minutes of rest and letting their heads clear, it becomes apparent that it's Beleren and Veonis in the worst shape - the elemental was more stunned than anything, but Beleren lost a lot of blood and Veonis took a strong dose of poison. [In game terms, Merik still has 3 healing surges, but Beleren's out and Veonis is down to one - therefore, they're feeling worse than he is even when everyone's at full hitpoints.]

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #601 on: September 05, 2013, 08:04:01 am »

I investigate the corpses.

Jorbles

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #602 on: September 05, 2013, 10:27:33 am »

"Let's setup camp in those trees," Merik says as he goes to scout them out. He does not mind taking watch tonight.

[Also Merik switches to Fire mode. He's getting ready for an assumed combat tomorrow. Plus I think the Fire mode encounter power is more useful.]

Kuildeous

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: September 05, 2013, 01:52:33 pm »

Hroksull took a long drink of water. Feeling better already, he said, "I can keep watch in blackest of night. Just wake me up when it's time. Tell me who to wake up for morning watch." Softly whistling a jaunty tune, he propped himself against a tree and cleaned his weapons.
A man has no signature

shraeye

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: shraeye
  • More Graph Theory please
    • View Profile
« Reply #604 on: September 05, 2013, 05:19:05 pm »

"Mornings are more my pace.  I'll follow Hroksull."

WinterSpartan

• Coppersmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #605 on: September 05, 2013, 11:21:17 pm »

I investigate the corpses.

The bodies are strange, almost alien. They have many insectoid characteristics (six legs, an exoskeleton) - but no insect should be this large. Their flesh beneath the armored carapace is scaly. Beleren turns away in revulsion (or perhaps he's just still faint from the battle).

Jorbles

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #606 on: September 06, 2013, 01:32:01 am »

Merik picks a vantage point and offers to take first watch. He peers around keenly for possible avenues of attack and settles into a comfortable position.

WinterSpartan

• Coppersmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: September 09, 2013, 07:15:54 am »

Merik's watch passes peacefully - as do Hroksull's and Derath's. All occasionally observe some lights flickering in the ruins of Castle Rivenroar, but nothing more than that - nothing ever approaches their secluded campsite. All are feeling much better when the morning dawns.

Kuildeous

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: September 09, 2013, 10:25:19 am »

Hroksull awakened to the dawn's light. It's difficult to go back to sleep after staying up part of the night, but he had grown accustomed to taking naps wherever it's safe. Best to enter a short, light sleep that allowed him to listen to the outside world than to become so exhausted that he collapses into a deep slumber, oblivious to any attacker.

Though he still carried the gashes from last night's attack, he hummed a jaunty, off-pitch tune and searched around for edible plants. No sense digging into his rations. He contemplated the safety of hunting for animals but decided against it. The hobgoblins could have patrols that intersect the game trails. Besides, he glumly thought as he glanced at the rotting carcasses of the kruthiks, there likely wouldn't be any game to hunt.
A man has no signature

Jorbles

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: September 09, 2013, 11:08:22 am »

Merik rises feeling a lot better than when he'd gone to sleep. His skin is flecked with sparks of fire now, he is annoyed with the outcome of the fight with the Kruthiks. He shouldn't have been so hurt after it, but his elemental body renews itself quickly. He quickly eats some trail rations, fuel for the day, and his inner fires.

Gveoniz

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #610 on: September 09, 2013, 11:55:04 am »

Although Veonis feels a lot better, the experience last day was certainly horrible and he would like to get things done as soon as possible and maybe get back to his normal traveling life. But when it comes to thinking a way to get the job done his mind go blank. Maybe he could talk and deceive their way though, but anyone with more intelligence can figure them out. No lie can last long, as Veonis recall from every single previous experience he had.

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #611 on: September 11, 2013, 08:36:34 am »

Derath felt stronger, yet somehow tense this morning.  Having hoped to take in the normally calming atmosphere of a sunrise, Derath finds himself strangely unsettled this morning.  He couldn't say whether it was lingering effects from the Kruthiks' poison, the sun rising over the dark ruins of the once proud Castle Rivenroar, or simply the cumulative effect of the last few days.  None of those quite seemed to explain it, but something seemed out of sorts.  Derath feared that it might be brought on not by these external factors, but that some internal conflict was rising up to take hold of his thoughts.

Quickly and quietly, Derath performs his devotions to Erathis, asking for strength of spirit to conquer all of the struggles ahead.

Jorbles

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #612 on: September 11, 2013, 10:20:46 am »

Merik runs himself through some sword drills while he waits for everyone to be ready to march.

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #613 on: September 11, 2013, 03:45:37 pm »

I let Ashe out a bit to spread the wings, though I am ready to go.

WinterSpartan

• Coppersmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #614 on: September 12, 2013, 07:38:42 am »

The party cautiously makes their way down towards the ruins, weapons drawn. The castle was apparently destroyed in a siege long ago; the shattered walls and towers make that plain. At first, there is no sign of any inhabitants. But searching in the corner where the lights appeared the previous night, the party stumbles across (fortunately not stumbling DOWN) a yawning hole in the ground - a set of stone steps that lead down into darkness. A faint glow is visible from far below.

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #615 on: September 12, 2013, 09:29:54 am »

Hmm.. maybe we could make a diplomatic move? Like, pretend that we want to pick up/pay for the hostages, or to join them as recruits or something?

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #616 on: September 12, 2013, 09:47:23 am »

"I am uninterested in feigning allegiance to the hobgoblins.  But we could offer to pay for the prisoners and perhaps even negotiate a reasonable price."

Gveoniz

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #617 on: September 12, 2013, 10:08:17 am »

"I have considered that, but why would they trust random humans wandering into their base?" said Veonis.

[Can Veonis see what is in the hole? as I recall he have low-light vision]

Jorbles

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #618 on: September 12, 2013, 10:13:55 am »

"It would be a shame to lose the advantage of surprise to negotiate with those who are not known for their desire to negotiate. Or to negotiate fairly."

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #619 on: September 12, 2013, 10:25:18 am »

[Do my spells have material/somatic components? Can I cast anything (like, breath attacks) hand-tied?]

Kuildeous

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #620 on: September 12, 2013, 10:58:39 am »

Hroksull wrinkled his nose at the proposition. He was not accustomed to such underhandedness. He had heard tales of such ploys, but they were often in regards to villains. Still, he was in a new world with people who knew the ways of other tribes better than he.

Awkwardly, he said, "If it gets us closer to them, then okay." The way that he spoke belied his discomfort with the notion.

"But we should not buy the prisoners. That just encourages them to kidnap more people but with nicer weapons. They need to be stopped."
A man has no signature

Jorbles

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #621 on: September 12, 2013, 01:03:40 pm »

"If we had some leverage they'd probably be more inclined to negotiate, but we have little that they want. I'd suggest we try to get an advantage and then we can negotiate with them from a position of power."

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #622 on: September 12, 2013, 01:22:14 pm »

Maybe we could just snatch the main guy?

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #623 on: September 12, 2013, 01:22:49 pm »

[Wait, we are all full on surges?. Wow]

Jorbles

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: September 12, 2013, 01:36:11 pm »

[Yeah, we had naps.  :D]
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 62  All

Page created in 0.704 seconds with 17 queries.