Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 62  All

Author Topic: [D&D 4e] Chapter 1: Rescue at Rivenroar  (Read 129264 times)

WinterSpartan

• Coppersmith
    • View Profile
Re: [D&D 4e] Chapter 1: Rescue at Rivenroar
« Reply #300 on: July 14, 2013, 01:06:03 pm »

[Veonis, and everybody else, could presume it's the huge swamp around the ruined city of Rhest, north of Brindol.]

Morrik narrows his eyes. "Wait a minute... you don't need ta know all a' that. You don't need to know about traps or Sinruth if he's just trying ta take a message there. And YOU don't even want to help me you said!"

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: July 15, 2013, 06:23:08 pm »

I am very much considering punching the Goblin right now in order to extort some information, though I do not want to ruin Veonis's effort. So, when Veonis and others are finished with their tact and diplomacy, and if guards don't object my swing, I'll go for it.

WinterSpartan

• Coppersmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: July 15, 2013, 08:59:43 pm »

I am very much considering punching the Goblin right now in order to extort some information, though I do not want to ruin Veonis's effort. So, when Veonis and others are finished with their tact and diplomacy, and if guards don't object my swing, I'll go for it.

[I wish there was a way to +1 posts in this forum.]

Gveoniz

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: July 15, 2013, 10:33:27 pm »

[Veonis emphasized "I" as the one who tried to help the goblins. But he can assume that the goblin can't distinguish them.]
Veonis don't consider explaining to the goblin, others may have better methods to get more information. But Veonis don't expect too much from him, he is just a goblin.

Kuildeous

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: July 16, 2013, 09:47:12 am »

[I think I'm ready to wrap up this interrogation if everyone else is.]

Hroksull looks expectantly around. Which weapon would the goblin prefer? He's probably wields a spear, maybe a mace.
A man has no signature

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: July 16, 2013, 10:11:58 am »

Ok, I go for the swing. A nonlethal punch.

Attack roll, if required, not sure which mods to use:
Rolled 1d20 : 20, total 20

"Now, don't play smarts with me. Answer the questions, or I'll stop playing nice and start incinerating you till you squeal!"

WinterSpartan

• Coppersmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: July 16, 2013, 05:17:21 pm »

[Nice critical hit]. The goblin is floored - specifically, [thanks to maximum damage], the solid blow to the temple sends him unconscious. The guards look disapprovingly at Beleren. "Not that I'm fond of the bugger, but we're supposed to be keeping him safe for trial." (You could probably revive him/get him to come around, if you're still interested in further interrogation.)

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: July 16, 2013, 05:24:42 pm »

"Sorry about that, it wasn't supposed to knock him out. One never knows his strength, I guess."

I'll try to bring him back, with whatever I know, and get him to answer, but if this prolong for, lets say, 10 minutes more, I will abandon the whole thing, curse the damn goblin and be on my way.

WinterSpartan

• Coppersmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: July 16, 2013, 05:32:26 pm »

Sniff. "Why you hit Morrik? Morrik never hurt you. Scared to fight Morrik when I have weapons, but not to hit me when I stuck here." He sniffles again and sighs. "I don't know about no traps; maybe the gnomes made some. And Sinruth not afraid of anything. You done asking me questions yet?"

shraeye

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: shraeye
  • More Graph Theory please
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: July 16, 2013, 06:36:35 pm »

"I've heard and seen enough"

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: July 18, 2013, 07:44:26 am »

[Do we know where the castle is?]

I am done, as well.

Gveoniz

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: July 18, 2013, 09:57:02 am »

[I am done]

WinterSpartan

• Coppersmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: July 18, 2013, 05:42:34 pm »

[Do we know where the castle is?]

I am done, as well.

[Vaguely. The hobgoblins shouldn't be too hard to track anyway.]

With their preparations made, the party sets out on the trail of the hobgoblins. The trip will likely take most of the day - longer, if there's trouble following the hobgoblins' trail.

(I need an Endurance check and either a Perception or a Nature check from either of you. Feel free to insert roleplay comments on the journey as well. Also, Veonis, if you wish to cast the Traveler's Chant ritual that could speed up the journey significantly, raising the group's speed from 5 to 7).

Along the way, you peruse the documents that Councilor Troyas gave you. Most noteworthy is the following list:

Known Captives of the Hobgoblins

Kartenix, Captain of the Guard. Captured by Sinruth at the town gate.
Thurann, Kartenix's 8-year-old son. Captured chasing after his father.
Jalissa, Acolyte of Ioun. Captured when her temple was raided for relics of the Red Hand.
Sertanian, keeper of the Hall of Great Valor. Captured when the Hall was raided for trophies of the Red Hand. Former soldier, now past his prime.
Mirtala, cook at the Antler and Thistle. Had just left when she was captured by hobgoblins on their way to the inn.
Zerriksa. Old herbalist, wise woman, or witch, depending on who you ask. Captured during the hobgoblins' retreat.
Adronsius, dwarven alchemist. Captured when his shop was raided for the blasting fire used on the rest of the town.

There's also a list detailing the stolen treasures from the Hall of Great Valor. It appears that the taken items you've been contracted to bring back include an ornate, gilded dragonhelm once belonging to Azarr Kul (the hobgoblin general); Azarr Kul's iron gauntlets; a ceremonial platinum longsword (of no use as a weapon); three large shields with the Red Hand insignia, badly battle-damaged; and the standard of the victorious army which defeated Azarr Kul, depicting two hands clasped in a handshake.

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: July 18, 2013, 06:24:48 pm »

On the way out, Bel reluctantly has to admit a fact.

"Veonis, you seem to be bett.. good with people. And, for some odd reason, you too, Hroskull. I shell let further negotiating to you two."

Looking at the list, Bel noticed something odd.

"Well, aside from this banner and the longsword, these all seem to be relics of their own ancestors. They might be just dirty, mindless goblins, but they should get to keep their heritage. For all I'm concern, they get to keep it. Those that do not put up a lot of resistance and actually survive, of course. I say we get the hostages out, get our stuff, and leave them with theirs."

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: July 18, 2013, 08:30:23 pm »

"But all these relics are part of both the hobgoblins' history and this town's.  The question of who has the right to ownership isn't nearly as simple as you make it.  We already accepted coin from Troyas for the return of these artifacts...well 25% of it, at least.  It would not be just to back out of our side of that contract."

Gveoniz

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #315 on: July 19, 2013, 12:02:26 am »

Veonis is bit glad that the goblin find out that he was lying, he do not want to leave the goblin with false hope.

Looking at Bel, he have some charms too, may be it is just the way he deals with people.

Gveoniz

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: July 19, 2013, 12:07:35 am »

[How far is the destination base on our original speed?]

Kuildeous

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: July 19, 2013, 01:39:03 am »

Hroksull was pleased with the praise, but he felt a little uncomfortable about it. He just spoke plainly with nothing fancy. Perhaps that was enough for a day like today. He had heard tales from the elders of meetings with "politicians." The idea of people who do nothing but talk confused Hroksull. At the very least, someone should break out a weapon or swing a punch.

"Ready to find the castle," Hroksull said.

Endurance check 1d20+8 : 5 + 8, total 13
Nature check 1d20+9 : 6 + 9, total 15
A man has no signature

Kuildeous

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: July 19, 2013, 01:41:09 am »

Hroksull struggled to maintain his composure after such a restless night. The thrill of the fight kept him awake much of the night, and the march was taking its toll on him. Walking so long with armor on certainly didn't do well to help him catch his breath.

Being mostly familiar with the desert, Hroksull had difficulty grasping the new surroundings, though he was thrilled with seeing some of these plants that the elders talked about.
A man has no signature

WinterSpartan

• Coppersmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: July 19, 2013, 07:23:43 am »

[How far is the destination base on our original speed?]

[Again, part of it will depend on how the party holds up and how well they can follow the hobgoblins' tracks - these Endurance, Perception, and Nature checks (thanks for rolling that, Kuildeous! Still need them from the rest of you). But it's about 25 miles, so without Traveler's Chant you're looking at a 10-hour trip minimum. The ritual would shave off three hours. Also note that you get one ritual per day for free, so it isn't as if there's much opportunity cost.]

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: July 19, 2013, 07:59:51 am »

Note to self: Hroskull has an unhealthy obsession with his elders.

"No, town has no right on it. Say, there must be some great hero within your church, is there not? Say he dies siegeing a town, wouldn't you make in an obligation to retrieve his body and belonging back to the church? I know I would if my mother or uncles did. Yes, goblins are savage and uncultured, I grant you that, but even they take pride in their heritage and heirloom. And as for money, I care not about it; if that concerns you, you can have my share."

Gveoniz

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: July 19, 2013, 08:10:07 am »

Veonis sing a traveler's chant, sometime switching to his flute.

Endurance
Rolled 1d20+1 : 5 + 1, total 6

Nature
Rolled 1d20+4 : 1 + 4, total 5

Gveoniz

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: July 19, 2013, 08:14:23 am »

Veonis is not quite sure on the topic Bel and Derath is talking about. They have taken the mission and money. But Bel is also reasonable.

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: July 19, 2013, 10:32:57 am »

endurance:
Rolled 1d20+6 : 15 + 6, total 21

nature:
Rolled 1d20+4 : 15 + 4, total 19

"The money is irrelevant here. We have agreed to retrieve the artifacts; if you had objections to that, you should have told Troyas.  We cannot both take his money and not fulfill our agreement.  Or I mean to say that I am not willing to do that."

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: July 19, 2013, 09:36:26 pm »

Troyas can go to Hells, for all I care.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 62  All

Page created in 0.27 seconds with 17 queries.