Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 62  All

Author Topic: [D&D 4e] Chapter 1: Rescue at Rivenroar  (Read 129258 times)

Gveoniz

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
Re: [D&D 4e] Chapter 1: Rescue at Rivenroar
« Reply #225 on: June 27, 2013, 11:43:19 am »

Veonis would not want to trust anyone so quickly, however he this Goliath seem to be quite trust worthy so far and have proven to be helpful against those attacker. In addition, Veonis cannot do anything without help from those survivors of the tavern attack, He probably need some company in order to save more innocent lives from the attackers. "Certainly you could join. I am Veonis Farion, nice to meet you."

In a relatively less related note, although Veonis know that Hroksull probably don't understand this, Veonis can't quite justify himself a greeting without a proper handshake.

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: June 28, 2013, 02:44:54 pm »

[Kinda busy, know this need attention so..]

Bel raises up. He is quite unhappy with himself, that was a reckless, stupid move, and he doesn't consider himself reckless nor stupid. It seems he has taken out the ogre and the Goblins with it, though, so all is not lost. He blow hit him hard though, so he takes some time to recover.

He mostly listens to what new info he can gather from City Watch, not inverting too much.

He looks at other PCs gathering a group. He frowns at the idea of joining in with common..ers?. Though, Bard did prove himself quite useful when Bel was shot with arrows. Bel is of Dragon's blood so he is naturally resiliant, but he does have limits, so the Bard he could stand. The big brute is quite dumb, and while he sometimes finds in funny, most of the time it annoying at best at him being unable to understand orders is a severe hinderance. He does have a knack for beheading goblins, and could take quite a beating it seems, so he would be tolerable. As for the others, though.. Bel is completely disappointing with sword-wiedling Genasi, both on principle of misusing his talents and on raw uselessness throughout the day (:P), and the priest didn't struck him as particularity .. anything, actually.

Ugh.

WinterSpartan

• Coppersmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: June 28, 2013, 05:04:26 pm »

[Just a heads-up - I will be out of town this weekend with limited access. Once I get back I'll look to "move the story forward", unless there's a lot of roleplaying still going on. I LIKE what I've seen of the group's interactions so far, and more of that would be a good thing. I notice we're slowing down a bit - do you guys want more input from me? Is it the combat? If there's something I can change, please just let me know.]

Axxle

• Torturer
  • Most Valuable Serial Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: June 28, 2013, 05:45:34 pm »

[Sorry, I'll get to this later tonight.  been a bit busy]
We might be from all over the world, but "we all talk this one language  : +1 card + 1 action +1 buy , gain , discard, trash... " - RTT

WinterSpartan

• Coppersmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: July 01, 2013, 07:23:01 am »

[?]

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: July 01, 2013, 02:31:22 pm »

[?]

[:(]

[Sorry, I'll get to this during lunch.  been a bit busy]
We might be from all over the world, but "we all talk this one language  : +1 card + 1 action +1 buy , gain , discard, trash... " - RTT

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: July 01, 2013, 04:15:23 pm »

His near encounter with death sobered up Merik quite a bit. He realizes now that he still has a ton to learn and that he would never have survived the day without the help of these fellows. Rockskull's honesty was refreshing to Merik, and the others...

"Veonis, I owe my life to you today. I would be honored to travel with you. Merik pledges his sword to you for as long as this journey takes us."

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: July 01, 2013, 07:15:57 pm »

[Do I know this Councilor Troyas character? or anybody other on the Council]

Bel uses 2 surges to heal up.

Bel watches as the rag-tag group gets together.

"Well, Veonis, seems like you can do a few more things than sing a few tunes.
My names is Beleren, of the Sorkins - blood of old dragons of Rhest flows through our family. And this is Ashe (pointing to Dragonling). I plan on finding the ones who orchestrad these attack and well, putting an end to them. I could use few fighting hands with me, and your.. nice little group needs a leader, so you are free to join me. I shall seek the audience with the city council in utmost hurry ]even today if possible, esp if I know somebody there personally] and we shall leave as soon as we gather some intel."

"Oh, and Hroksull, [speaking really slowly and gesturing] are you able to track where they came from?"

WinterSpartan

• Coppersmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: July 01, 2013, 08:47:29 pm »

[Do I know this Councilor Troyas character? or anybody other on the Council]

I shall seek the audience with the city council in utmost hurry [even today if possible, esp if I know somebody there personally] and we shall leave as soon as we gather some intel."

Beleren doesn't personally know any of the council members. The sun is low on the horizon, and soon the only light will be from the smoldering rubble and any torches lit along the streets. He DOES know of a nearby inn where they might cheaply be able to stay the night before seeking the Councilor in the morning.

Kuildeous

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: July 01, 2013, 09:00:09 pm »

Hroksull grins at the exaggerated gestures coming from the human. And he thought the bard's performance was entertaining! He focused on what Beleren said and nodded solemnly. "I have spent much time tracking game near my village. Hobgoblins should be easier, I think."

The goliath was pleased that the dragonling was not an adversary. He would not have minded sharing the afterlife with something like this, but he would have preferred something larger. With even more friendliness, he addresses the dragonling, "Hello, Ashe. I am Hroksull."
A man has no signature

shraeye

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: shraeye
  • More Graph Theory please
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: July 01, 2013, 10:55:12 pm »

Noticing Bel's tone, Derath quickly makes the choice to let it slip by.  Perhaps it would have angered him before, perhaps he would have reacted even.  But that is not who Derath is. 

"It brings me joy that we are all linked with this common adversary.  If there's nothing more to be done tonight, perhaps we can find a...less destroyed inn for the evening."

Gveoniz

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: July 02, 2013, 06:52:37 am »

"It is just what I have to do, I can not let anyone pass away," Veonis said to Merik, he is glad that he can make contributions. But then he thinks of those life in the tavern and brings sorrow back to himself. But that is why he has to join the group to stop such thing from happening again.
The rest of the group also seems trustworthy, Veonis would join them. He also agree what Derath says, he have walked along the roads all day earlier, and now even the fights and deaths then he is not that used to even after training. Veonis would enjoy some rest and hopefully find out more about this massacre.

WinterSpartan

• Coppersmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: July 02, 2013, 07:25:46 am »

After a night's rest at Chantrell and Sons Inn, where the proprietor is all too happy to provide free rooms for anyone who looks like they could protect the place, the group rises early and makes their way to the city council chambers.

Brindol's city council is made up of various guildmasters and the heads of some of the oldest families in the town (what passes for "nobility" around here). The meetings are held in private, but you've arrived early enough that the council isn't currently meeting. To your surprise, immediately upon arriving and expressing your wish to see the council you are ushered into Councilor Troyas' presence.

As you walk into the well-furnished office, you see a half-elf just under middle age with dark hair and eyes sitting behind a desk full of papers. He rises and greets you solemnly. "Councilor Eoffram Troyas, at your service." Returning to his seat, he shuffles his papers and says, "I heard something of your exploits last night - it seems Brindol owes you a debt of gratitude for your assistance against those vile marauders. I have some things I'd like to discuss with you, but before I begin, do you have questions for me? I may be a good bit better informed about what happened yesterday than you are at the moment."

Kuildeous

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: July 02, 2013, 10:33:59 am »

Hroksull opened his mouth to speak and shut it again. He once more lowered his jaw and then promptly lifted it back up again. The goliath had been comfortable speaking around the village elders, but he did not know what to say to this human-elf. He looked at the others. They seemed more confident in dealing with the humans last night. Surely they knew the proper questions. He would mull things over and interject if it he felt they missed something.
A man has no signature

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: July 02, 2013, 11:02:10 am »

"Greetings, Counselor. My name is Beleren, of the Sorkin family. It was my duty to save those peasants, and I gave my best. Now, maybe you should give us some brief info before we start with questions? Just few things like: who organized last night's attack, how many are there, how are they organized, where did they come from, who is their leader, how well was the town protected, how did they breach it, and how will the defences be from now on?

WinterSpartan

• Coppersmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #240 on: July 02, 2013, 06:30:34 pm »

Troyas chuckles a bit. "We still don't know everything, but I'll tell you what I can." He grows solemn again, and continues: "Last night, about 100 assorted goblins and hobgoblins attacked the city, along with a pair of ogres. They seemed to be led by a large hobgoblin called 'Sinruth'. We don't know where they came from. The only reason the attack had any success was the element of surprise - they shot down the gate guards, and used the ogres to breach the gates. Brindol maintains an armed force of 400 soldiers, with 200 under active duty and 200 off-duty at any time. Naturally, then, once they mustered we drove the hobgoblins off with heavy casualties - both ogres are dead, one thanks to all of you, and not much more than a score of hobgoblins seem to have escaped. We're keeping the entire militia on active duty for the foreseeable future, with patrols outside of the town to catch any further attacks ahead of time. The gates are already being repaired."

"Now, if that answers your questions, the Council may have some tasks for you. This Sinruth seems to have wanted to 'avenge' the Red Hand. Their main column drove to, and sacked, the Hall of Great Valor - which as you know housed the relics and trophies from the last war. We would like those back. More than that, however, we would like the return of our citizens; at least half a dozen were captured and carried off alive. There is some debate in the council about how to proceed. I believe that a small group of adventurers MAY be able to succeed in a rescue where a column of soldiers would only cause them to be killed. Unfortunately, our two resident adventuring parties - the Freeriders and the Farstriders - left for Overlook a few weeks ago to help with the orc threat. Is this something that all of you would undertake - and, more importantly, is this something that you COULD undertake? I must admit I am not used to entrusting important tasks to strangers."

shraeye

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: shraeye
  • More Graph Theory please
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: July 02, 2013, 07:11:26 pm »

"So I take it Sinruth was among those who escaped?"

WinterSpartan

• Coppersmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: July 02, 2013, 07:13:01 pm »

"Yes. He covered the retreat, in fact; defeated Kartenix, captain of our city guard, in hand-to-hand combat and dragged him away as one of the prisoners. Also got Kartenix's small son, if I remember correctly, when he ran after them crying for his father."

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: July 02, 2013, 07:23:03 pm »

"Any alive captives that are available for interrigations?"

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: July 02, 2013, 07:27:48 pm »

"Strangers? I am born and bread in Bristol. And we [pointing at myself, Hroksull and Veonis] apparently subdued a significant force of at attack, so, keep your worries to yourself."

WinterSpartan

• Coppersmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: July 02, 2013, 08:17:07 pm »

"Born and bred in Brindol you may be, but you're a stranger to me. I've never met you before. Your work was impressive - I'll give you that - but it may have been just good fortune or divine favor. I can't say your manners are terribly impressive either." He pauses. "There IS one hobgoblin who was taken prisoner. He's in the stocks in the main square. If I decide to offer you this mission, and you decide to accept it, it would be wise to learn what you can before you go. I have NOT made any such decision yet, however."

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: July 03, 2013, 09:18:23 am »

Well, that wasn't nice. Divine favor my ass! I am actually pissed of by that comment. Who's him to under-appreciate  ME? I won't stand for that.

[Is there anyone besides us 6 in the room?]

"I am not impressed by your tone or your snide remarks either. Had it not be for us, it would be that Ogre standing here and I'd say he would be way less patient that I am. I don't NEED you to OFFER me a "mission", there's nothing stopping me going out and hunting the goblins myself. I came here out of good will in hope you might have some help to provide.
As for that Divine Favor, you better pray for one, as though I am saving my best spells to fry that Hob I will not hesitate to use the rest of them on those who stand in the way.

So, brief me this "mission" of yours and give me the access to the captured Hob along any other help you can offer, and I'll be out of your way. You can thank me when I bring your precious relics and captain of the guards back. "

[Do I get an intimidate check?  ;D]

Gveoniz

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: July 03, 2013, 11:21:23 am »

Veonis listens to the conversation between Bel and the counselor, He don't think Bel is polite enough as Veonis would be towards the counselor, But probably this is how some nobles would talk, and he normally wouldn't see nobles in random taverns in he journey anyway. Although Veonis believes that he also have blood of noble in his body, he don't appreciate it.

Veonis decides not to talk right now. He thinks that he could use he talents to help out a bit if required. For now, the less the others knows, the better the effect will be, he thinks.

[Veonis treats all PC as ally, is the group insight taken account?]

[If someone lies, do I have to actively do the insight check or can I automatically notice if it happens If I have such ability?]

WinterSpartan

• Coppersmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: July 03, 2013, 05:22:27 pm »

[Do I get an intimidate check?  ;D]

[You can always feel free to roll checks when you think they might be helpful or appropriate. In this case I'll do it for you.]

Rolled 1d20+9 : 5 + 9, total 14

Veonis listens to the conversation between Bel and the counselor, He don't think Bel is polite enough as Veonis would be towards the counselor, But probably this is how some nobles would talk, and he normally wouldn't see nobles in random taverns in he journey anyway. Although Veonis believes that he also have blood of noble in his body, he don't appreciate it.

Veonis decides not to talk right now. He thinks that he could use he talents to help out a bit if required. For now, the less the others knows, the better the effect will be, he thinks.

[Veonis treats all PC as ally, is the group insight taken account?]

[If someone lies, do I have to actively do the insight check or can I automatically notice if it happens If I have such ability?]

[The bonus everyone else gets to Insight isn't on their character sheet, no; I also just realized I haven't been giving everyone else their Initiative bonus. It hasn't made a difference yet, though. You have sort of a "passive insight", so I'll let you know if someone is obviously lying, but you can also make an insight roll when you suspect it, or just want to figure out more about what someone is thinking. Sounds like that's what Veonis is doing right now.]

Rolled 1d20+10 : 16 + 10, total 26

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: July 03, 2013, 05:28:28 pm »

[That's one shitty roll]
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 62  All

Page created in 0.114 seconds with 16 queries.