Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 62  All

Author Topic: [D&D 4e] Chapter 1: Rescue at Rivenroar  (Read 129301 times)

Gveoniz

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
Re: [D&D 4e] Chapter 1: Rescue at Rivenroar
« Reply #125 on: June 15, 2013, 11:00:20 am »

Do Veonis see anyone out side the window? If anyone is out there, Veonis will told them to find some help.

preception:
Rolled 1d20+4 : 2 + 4, total 6

WinterSpartan

• Coppersmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: June 15, 2013, 11:38:35 am »

Veonis doesn't notice anyone in the street, but the billowing smoke makes it hard to see. He should probably just get out.

Looking around quickly, Beleren realizes that four of the patrons (the ones killed by the fire) are a lost cause, but both the bartender and the farmer that were cut down by hobgoblins may - or may not - be able to be saved. If there's any hope, though, he'll need to get them out of here now.

WinterSpartan

• Coppersmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: June 16, 2013, 08:12:12 am »

(In case there was confusion - we are now out of combat. Anyone may act at any time as they see fit, just like we did at the beginning.)

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: June 16, 2013, 10:15:26 am »

Any souce of water available? I could use my 15'x15' sheet of cloth to soak it and contain the fire, perhaps.

Bel yells "you lot [pointing at the PCs] get them [pointing at the bartneder and the farmer] out, through the back door, and I'll try to contain the fire!".

I will then, if possible, try to use my only available cold spell (Dragonfrost) to "attack" the fire square nearest to the NPCs that we are trying to save.

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: June 16, 2013, 06:14:46 pm »

Also, I check if any of the goblins look alive.

WinterSpartan

• Coppersmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: June 16, 2013, 10:13:53 pm »

Also, I check if any of the goblins look alive.

Given that both of them are currently headless, that's a no.

Watno

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Watno
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: June 17, 2013, 11:15:36 am »

[I'm really sorry, but I'm afraid this really sin't my cup of tea. I'm thinking of posting here as a obligation rather than something I really want to do, and while my motivation might go up peridodically, i don't think i can keep it up continoously. Would it be ok for you if I dropped out?]

WinterSpartan

• Coppersmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: June 17, 2013, 05:17:45 pm »

[I'm really sorry, but I'm afraid this really sin't my cup of tea. I'm thinking of posting here as a obligation rather than something I really want to do, and while my motivation might go up peridodically, i don't think i can keep it up continoously. Would it be ok for you if I dropped out?]

[Sorry to see you go, but I understand. Better to get it out of the way early if you aren't enjoying it.

Hopefully this won't delay the rest of us too long - shraeye has volunteered to take watno's place, so welcome! Shraeye, you are welcome to either take over Watno's character or I can help you create an invoker/wizard/druid of your own if you'd prefer; it shouldn't take too long.]

shraeye

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: shraeye
  • More Graph Theory please
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: June 17, 2013, 05:45:56 pm »

[Sorry to see you go, but I understand. Better to get it out of the way early if you aren't enjoying it.

Hopefully this won't delay the rest of us too long - shraeye has volunteered to take watno's place, so welcome! Shraeye, you are welcome to either take over Watno's character or I can help you create an invoker/wizard/druid of your own if you'd prefer; it shouldn't take too long.]
[I'm going to check out watno's character, it's Derath, correct?]

Watno

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Watno
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: June 17, 2013, 05:46:51 pm »

[Thx shraeye, and thx WinterSpartan for giving me the opportunity to try this]

Axxle

• Torturer
  • Most Valuable Serial Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: June 17, 2013, 06:03:48 pm »

[I can retrain my character to use the at will fire blast attack to help fill the controller niche if shraeye want's to go a different route for his character, I don't want him ending up playing a character he doesn't enjoy]

Merik grabs his backpack from the bar and throws it out the back door. He then tries to half drag, half carry the bartender out the back door

Athletics?
Rolled 1d20 : 19, total 19
We might be from all over the world, but "we all talk this one language  : +1 card + 1 action +1 buy , gain , discard, trash... " - RTT

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: June 17, 2013, 06:04:31 pm »

+6 = 24, so probably? :)

[sorry to see you go watno, thanks for giving it a try!]
We might be from all over the world, but "we all talk this one language  : +1 card + 1 action +1 buy , gain , discard, trash... " - RTT

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: June 17, 2013, 06:25:59 pm »

[I plan on keeping watno's character.  I just need time to figure things out, I'll be prepared by Thursday; hopefully that's not too long of a delay]

WinterSpartan

• Coppersmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: June 17, 2013, 09:10:03 pm »

+6 = 25, so probably? :)

[sorry to see you go watno, thanks for giving it a try!]

Merik effortlessly hoists the bartender outside. As he exits the tavern and lays the man down a safe distance from the burning building, he looks around. It is obvious that this was not an isolated attack - columns of smoke rise from several points across the city, and screams and the sound of combat drift through the night air.

(Oh, a few things now that we're out of combat. First, you've all earned 110 experience - only 890 to go until you level up! Second, feel free to spend healing surges; your "surge value", the amount you heal, is on the first page of your character sheets,  and it should be about 1/4 of your max hp. Anyone who hears Veonis sing, chant, or play his flute can gain an extra 4 hp healed on their first surge.)
« Last Edit: June 17, 2013, 09:14:01 pm by WinterSpartan »

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: June 17, 2013, 09:23:47 pm »

The sight of all these burning buildings is ticking Merik off.  The others see his rocky exterior glow for a bit before bursting into flame. Merik has activated his firesoul.

[I'll use 3 healing surges]
« Last Edit: June 17, 2013, 09:26:05 pm by Axxle »

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: June 17, 2013, 11:01:52 pm »

[I use 2 healing surges; i imagine that will be enough to cover the loss so far]

Derath's head reels as he contemplates what just transpired...he feels like he's right on the edge of an important thought, but nothing comes immediately to mind.  Surely things will sort themselves out soon enough.

Gveoniz

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: June 18, 2013, 01:47:41 am »

Veonis is undecided whether to escape through the window or to help the people in the opposite side of the room.
[OOC: sorry for the delay, this is exactly what happened to me too]
But seeing the fire continue spread across the entire tavern, and the people there are busying saving lives, Veonis run towards those people and see if he can help out. He try to move the remaining farmer out of the tavern through the back door.
Athletics
Rolled 1d20 : 4, total 4

Gveoniz

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: June 18, 2013, 01:49:05 am »

(If Veonis cannot move the the farmer himself, he would told the Goliath to help.)

WinterSpartan

• Coppersmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: June 18, 2013, 07:24:44 am »

Veonis struggles to move the unconscious man. "Help," he calls to Hroskull and Beleren, "I can't lift him!"

(I could also use a heal check from Derath, if he's trying to staunch the bartender's wounds.)
« Last Edit: June 18, 2013, 07:25:53 am by WinterSpartan »

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: June 18, 2013, 09:02:59 am »

Am I managing to do anything about the fire?

Kuildeous

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: June 18, 2013, 10:36:24 am »

Grunting affirmatively, Hroksull recovers his thrown axe and grabs the limp body. He ducks his head as low as he can to avoid the smoke, though his large frame makes that difficult.

Taking 10 on Athletics for a grand total of 20.
A man has no signature

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: June 18, 2013, 10:48:13 am »

[Ok...sooo heal check is]
Rolled 1d20+4 : 15 + 4, total 19

[was that correct]?

Jorbles

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: June 18, 2013, 10:51:05 am »

info on goblins has been sent to those of you who rolled well enough; you are all now up and free to act in any order you please.
Can we pretend like I roll natural 20s on all lore-type checks as I follow along? :)

Me too!  ;D

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: June 18, 2013, 02:34:47 pm »

info on goblins has been sent to those of you who rolled well enough; you are all now up and free to act in any order you please.
Can we pretend like I roll natural 20s on all lore-type checks as I follow along? :)

Me too!  ;D
Does shraeye still roll nat 20s on all loretype checks? He'll be a great asset to the team!

Axxle2

• Herbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: June 18, 2013, 03:14:08 pm »

Merik has activated his firesoul.
"Grraah!!! These goblins need to be stopped! Where the hell are all the guards!?"
I may be schizophrenic, but at least I have each other.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 62  All

Page created in 0.167 seconds with 16 queries.