Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 72  All

Author Topic: Goko Dominion Salvager Discussion  (Read 602831 times)

minovsky

• Alchemist
  • Respect: +13
    • View Profile
Re: Goko Dominion Salvager Discussion
« Reply #1475 on: June 12, 2014, 10:22:37 am »
+1

I've been away for a while... was very caught up with work. Started an adventure game just now, but when I am done, clicking the log button doesn't load the external log prettifier like it used to do. Has this feature been removed? sorry if i sound very outdated...

ragingduckd

• Board Moderator
  • Respect: +3527
    • View Profile
« Reply #1476 on: June 12, 2014, 10:28:50 am »

I've been away for a while... was very caught up with work. Started an adventure game just now, but when I am done, clicking the log button doesn't load the external log prettifier like it used to do. Has this feature been removed? sorry if i sound very outdated...

Not removed, but yes, it's mysteriously gone missing.  I'm not sure when or how that bug crept in.
Salvager Extension | Isotropish Leaderboard | Game Data | Log Search & other toys | Salvager Bug Reports

Salvager not working for me at all today. ... Please help! I can't go back to playing without it like an animal!

SCSN

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +7140
    • View Profile
« Reply #1477 on: June 12, 2014, 10:32:17 am »

Are you sure it's not just the goko bug where it doesn't generate an external log so the prettifier can't be linked? It's been doing that a lot lately.

minovsky

• Alchemist
  • Respect: +13
    • View Profile
« Reply #1478 on: June 12, 2014, 11:01:12 am »

Not removed, but yes, it's mysteriously gone missing.  I'm not sure when or how that bug crept in.

ah ok... anything I can keep an eye out for in the future that might be helpful for you to debug?

also, is there anywhere I can search for it? always want to review and see how i can do better. thanks!

ragingduckd

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1479 on: June 12, 2014, 11:34:46 am »

ah ok... anything I can keep an eye out for in the future that might be helpful for you to debug?

also, is there anywhere I can search for it? always want to review and see how i can do better. thanks!

SCSN may be right that it shows you the ordinary log when the external log can't be found and prettified.  I seem to have entirely forgotten where the code that modifies that button lives.

To search for the game you just played, use the log search at gokosalvager.com.  It might take a minute or two before Goko posts it and my server parses it and makes it available.

For ways to help the devs, please just continue to report anything that looks broken here.  Unless you're repeating yourself or another recent report, the odds are good that we actually don't know about the bug yet.  For bonus points, learn how to submit full bug reports and consider switching to the beta version of the extension (follow the links in my signature to the instructions in the github Wiki)
Salvager Extension | Isotropish Leaderboard | Game Data | Log Search & other toys | Salvager Bug Reports

Salvager not working for me at all today. ... Please help! I can't go back to playing without it like an animal!

yed

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: yed
  • Respect: +571
    • View Profile
« Reply #1480 on: June 12, 2014, 12:38:15 pm »

Weird... I haven't encountered that.  Chrome version + OS?  Maybe post a screenshot of the error?

Should be attached

Ok, so I assume it won't let you just click "enable" on the beta version.  What happens if you delete both versions and reinstall the latest beta?

Would it be a lot of work to create another extension in Chrome store for the beta version? I am not sure how far is the deploy process automatized.
It would solve Adam's problems and it might bring more beta testers.

theblankman

• Witch
  • Respect: +383
    • View Profile
« Reply #1481 on: June 12, 2014, 01:44:07 pm »

Weird... I haven't encountered that.  Chrome version + OS?  Maybe post a screenshot of the error?

Should be attached

Ok, so I assume it won't let you just click "enable" on the beta version.  What happens if you delete both versions and reinstall the latest beta?

AdamH are you on Windows?  Could be this...
In other news: Google is apparently prohibiting Windows users from loading extensions that aren't listed on the Chrome Wed Store in the name of malware protection.  I'm not sure, but this sounds like it could affect Salvager beta testers who run Windows.  Devs who are more familiar with Chrome extension distribution than me, what do you make of this?
At the time I found this, AI could still run the beta on Windows/Chrome, so we thought nothing of it, but maybe Google has since tightened things.
it's a shame that full-random is the de facto standard

LibraryAdventurer

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: LibraryAdventurer
  • I wish my username had the links like it once did.
  • Respect: +1686
    • View Profile
« Reply #1482 on: June 12, 2014, 06:35:39 pm »

fyi, I'm running the Beta version of Salvager on Windows + Chrome, and it's working fine.

sudgy

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sudgy
  • It's pronounced "SOO-jee"
  • Respect: +2707
    • View Profile
« Reply #1483 on: June 12, 2014, 08:54:09 pm »
+1

I was running the beta version and Chrome disabled it for me.  I trashed it then redownloaded it, and now it's working again.
If you're wondering what my avatar is, watch this.

Check out my logic puzzle blog!

Quote from: sudgy on June 31, 2011, 11:47:46 pm

ragingduckd

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1484 on: June 12, 2014, 10:37:51 pm »

Should be attached

Would it be a lot of work to create another extension in Chrome store for the beta version? I am not sure how far is the deploy process automatized.
It would solve Adam's problems and it might bring more beta testers.

It could be done.  It just means a manual upload via the Chrome Developer Dashboard when we update the beta.  And really, there ought to be some way to automate that as part of the build script too.

It feels like the wrong answer though.  My current solution feels wrong too... there ought to be some more Chrome-compliant way to handle beta versions of extensions.

sudgy

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sudgy
  • It's pronounced "SOO-jee"
  • Respect: +2707
    • View Profile
« Reply #1485 on: June 12, 2014, 11:25:27 pm »

Aaaaaaand it got disabled again.   :-\
If you're wondering what my avatar is, watch this.

Check out my logic puzzle blog!

Quote from: sudgy on June 31, 2011, 11:47:46 pm

theblankman

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1486 on: June 12, 2014, 11:46:52 pm »

It feels like the wrong answer though.  My current solution feels wrong too... there ought to be some more Chrome-compliant way to handle beta versions of extensions.
If Google Cast, straight from the folks who make the browser, is any indication, then separate store entries for beta and stable is the way to do it.  For automated uploading, this turned up on a quick search. 

AdamH

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Adam Horton
  • You make your own shuffle luck
  • Respect: +3879
    • View Profile
    • My Dominion Videos
« Reply #1487 on: June 13, 2014, 03:56:35 pm »

I just had the same thing happen, JSYK
Visit my blog for links to a whole bunch of Dominion content I've made.

ragingduckd

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1488 on: June 13, 2014, 04:37:00 pm »

I just had the same thing happen, JSYK

It may be this issue, but I'm still finding it hard to understand the Google explanations: specifically the stuff that varies between Chrome, Chrome beta, Chrome developer versions, Chromium, and Canary.  There was this restriction, but that was as of Chrome 33, so I would have expected it to start causing problems earlier.

If this is indeed the issue, then all the solutions on your side are kinda awful.  The easiest might be to install a nearly-identical Chrome variant like Chromium or Canary.  Then the Chrome folks decide that you're an advanced enough user that Google will let you manage your own non-store extensions.

Obviously this isn't ideal.  I'm really surprised that there's no advanced-user way, maybe hiding in chrome://flags or something.  FWIW, you can also avoid the restrictions by unpacking the .crx and installing the extension as an "unpacked" folder, but I suspect that will prevent you from getting Salvager beta updates.  Or you can switch to Mac or Linux. :D

So probably the best solution is for us to put the beta version in the Chrome store alongside the regular version, as yed suggested.

If Google Cast, straight from the folks who make the browser, is any indication, then separate store entries for beta and stable is the way to do it.  For automated uploading, this turned up on a quick search. 

This guy is using a macro program to automate clicking through the manual upload.  I'm looking for something fully scripted, like the existing release tasks.

ragingduckd

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1489 on: June 13, 2014, 06:51:23 pm »
+6

I've added the beta version to the Chrome Store.

If Chrome has been disabling your manually-installed version of the Salvager beta, install this version instead.  If your version is still working fine, you don't need to change anything.

soulnet

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +1751
    • View Profile
« Reply #1490 on: June 13, 2014, 10:54:39 pm »

I've added the beta version to the Chrome Store.

FWIW, this decided me to switch to beta.

dominator 123

• Moneylender
  • Shuffle iT Username: dominator 123
  • Notice the space
  • Respect: +369
    • View Profile
« Reply #1491 on: June 14, 2014, 02:35:42 am »

Some of the games I've played recently were not recorded down at all. I know this because I see under last recorded game was less than what I last played.
Is it anything to do with this thread? Or is it just some connection problems?
I'm still having this problem. Update: I notice that the lost game logs were played around 5-7am GMT. Also, they seemed to count for the leaderboard, only the logs have been lost.
"Strictly Better" compares only effects and not cost, change my mind

Emeric

• Apprentice
  • Shuffle iT Username: Emeric
  • Respect: +212
    • View Profile
« Reply #1492 on: June 14, 2014, 03:13:48 am »

this morning on firefox, the chat window for salvager seems to be broken. I can't see when I write something and the text appear in the "goko chat" window. As a consequence, VP counter doesn't work !

Monsieur X

• Bishop
  • Respect: +86
    • View Profile
« Reply #1493 on: June 15, 2014, 05:17:52 am »

Some of the games I've played recently were not recorded down at all. I know this because I see under last recorded game was less than what I last played.
Is it anything to do with this thread? Or is it just some connection problems?
I'm still having this problem. Update: I notice that the lost game logs were played around 5-7am GMT. Also, they seemed to count for the leaderboard, only the logs have been lost.

I also have this problem for few days but not noticed special hour for that. For me when this games "lost" didnt count for leaderboard.
They doesnt exist in isotropish.

Stealth Tomato

• Minion
  • Dorkneel
  • Respect: +480
    • View Profile
« Reply #1494 on: June 15, 2014, 04:29:49 pm »

Salvager is apparently not notifying my opponents that my VP counter is auto-on. I joined a game earlier today, my VP counter activated, but my opponent insisted it wasn't on and that he hadn't seen anything to say it was on.

theblankman

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1495 on: June 16, 2014, 12:03:25 pm »

This guy is using a macro program to automate clicking through the manual upload.  I'm looking for something fully scripted, like the existing release tasks.

Yeah, I know, but that's the only thing I found so far, figured maybe it's better than nothing.  Hopefully my google-fu is just failing, I'd be kinda disappointed in google if there's really no way to have a build system push updates to the store. 

assemble_me

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: assemble me
  • Dominion stream/yt junkie
  • Respect: +808
    • View Profile
« Reply #1496 on: June 21, 2014, 05:09:56 am »
+2

Hi,

is anyone else annoyed by Goko's coin token spending interface?
If you've ever played a big Merchant Guild engine you probably are. Clicking like 50 times to spend all your tokens is no fun especially when Goko is laggy (well, that probably means always ;)).
I think it would be great to just have a text input field for Coins where you could type how much you want to spend and a button which you have to click once.

I'm not sure if you accept feature requests. I'm also thinking a little bit about contributing myself... not sure if that's feasible in time

E: Of course no Potions, i mixed this up with overpay. But something similar for overpay would be nice as well, I guess
« Last Edit: June 21, 2014, 05:28:26 am by assemble_me »
Join the f.ds Dominion league | My Twitch channel

... and none of his posts shall remain unedited

soulnet

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +1751
    • View Profile
« Reply #1497 on: June 21, 2014, 05:32:34 am »
+3

Simpler and nice enough could be a button like "use 5 coin tokens".

AndrewisFTTW

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +1084
    • View Profile
« Reply #1498 on: June 21, 2014, 12:49:43 pm »

^Can't believe I never thought of that, great idea!
Wins: M39, M41, M48, M96, M97, M102, M105
Losses: M40, M43, M45, BM17 (?), RMM13, RMM17, RMM20, NM7, ZM18, M100, M109
MVPs: M97
Mod/Co-Mod: M46, M49, M52, NM10

Beyond Awesome

• Global Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: Beyond Awesome
  • Respect: +2466
    • View Profile
« Reply #1499 on: June 22, 2014, 12:21:25 am »

I'm all for an interface that allows one to type how many coins to spend in a turn. Is this doable via Salvager?
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 72  All

Page created in 2.067 seconds with 20 queries.