Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: gokosalvager.com is moving to Linode!  (Read 6784 times)

ragingduckd

• Board Moderator
  • Respect: +3527
    • View Profile
gokosalvager.com is moving to Linode!
« on: May 31, 2014, 10:19:42 pm »
+11

There will probably be some kinks to work out, but as of right now, gokosalvager.com is being served by my Linode server instance.  It's no longer trapped behind my ISP and subject to it's whims!  Now we're only subject to MakingFun's whims.

You'll probably need to reload goko, maybe even restart your browser entirely, before your Salvager automatch will switch to the new server.  No other update is required though.
Salvager Extension | Isotropish Leaderboard | Game Data | Log Search & other toys | Salvager Bug Reports

Salvager not working for me at all today. ... Please help! I can't go back to playing without it like an animal!

yed

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: yed
  • Respect: +571
    • View Profile
Re: gokosalvager.com is moving to Linode!
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2014, 09:02:49 am »
+1

There will probably be some kinks to work out, but as of right now, gokosalvager.com is being served by my Linode server instance.  It's no longer trapped behind my ISP and subject to it's whims!  Now we're only subject to MakingFun's whims.

You'll probably need to reload goko, maybe even restart your browser entirely, before your Salvager automatch will switch to the new server.  No other update is required though.

I don't see avatars for most of the people. Does everyone needs to upload it again?

ragingduckd

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2014, 11:21:38 am »
+1

I don't see avatars for most of the people. Does everyone needs to upload it again?

No.  I think I just forgot to move those files to the Linode server.  I'll look into it.  Thanks.

Edit: I just moved the avatar files over.  They should now all be visible when you next log in.  Let me know if some still seem to be missing.
Edit: There was a bug that was preventing the upload of new avatars.  That's fixed now.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2014, 02:09:22 pm by ragingduckd »
Salvager Extension | Isotropish Leaderboard | Game Data | Log Search & other toys | Salvager Bug Reports

Salvager not working for me at all today. ... Please help! I can't go back to playing without it like an animal!

yed

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: yed
  • Respect: +571
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2014, 03:14:30 pm »
+1

Datepicker in log search is missing the styles.

ragingduckd

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2014, 11:57:49 pm »

Datepicker in log search is missing the styles.

Thanks.  Fixed.

Ozle

• Cartographer
  • Sorry, this text is personal.
  • Respect: +3360
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2014, 04:35:54 pm »
+1

Is Linode somewhere in Sweden?
Try the Ozle Google Map Challenge!
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=7466.0

Sullying players Enjoyment of Innovation since 2013 Apparently!

assemble_me

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: assemble me
  • Dominion stream/yt junkie
  • Respect: +808
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2014, 03:29:09 am »
+1

I'm posting this in here because I guess that might be related.

I've watched at the Isotropish leaderboard today and wondered why I'd lost almost a level and also, it seemed I would have had less games played than before.
Then I searched the logs, and it turned out that my league games against QwertZuiop aren't found in the log search any more, so I'd expect they're not counted for the leaderboard either. The games have been played on May 30th between 2PM and 4PM UTC+2. The log prettifier, however, works for these games so the logs itselves should be available. (like this one: http://www.gokosalvager.com/static/logprettifier.html?20140530/log.505f03ecfca2893af1cba622.1401452669928.txt -- the other links to the logfiles can be found here: http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=11178.msg383159#msg383159 )
« Last Edit: June 03, 2014, 03:30:22 am by assemble_me »
Join the f.ds Dominion league | My Twitch channel

... and none of his posts shall remain unedited

ragingduckd

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2014, 03:38:55 am »
+1

I've watched at the Isotropish leaderboard today and wondered why I'd lost almost a level and also, it seemed I would have had less games played than before.
Then I searched the logs, and it turned out that my league games against QwertZuiop aren't found in the log search any more, so I'd expect they're not counted for the leaderboard either. The games have been played on May 30th between 2PM and 4PM UTC+2. The log prettifier, however, works for these games so the logs itselves should be available. (like this one: http://www.gokosalvager.com/static/logprettifier.html?20140530/log.505f03ecfca2893af1cba622.1401452669928.txt -- the other links to the logfiles can be found here: http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=11178.msg383159#msg383159 )

Thanks.  I'll look into it.

qmech

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: qmech
  • What year is it?
  • Respect: +2320
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2014, 04:06:49 am »
+6

Is this where we ask whether you want any cash to help keep this running?

ragingduckd

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2014, 04:36:47 am »

Sure, I'd appreciate that now that I'm actually shelling out money for this stuff.

Anyone know a good way to arrange it?  Ideally the money would go straight to the Linode account, but I don't think that's possible.

flies

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: flies
  • Statistical mechanics of hard rods on a 1D lattice
  • Respect: +348
    • View Profile
    • ask the atheists
« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2014, 11:40:15 am »

Sure, I'd appreciate that now that I'm actually shelling out money for this stuff.

Anyone know a good way to arrange it?  Ideally the money would go straight to the Linode account, but I don't think that's possible.
venmo (no-fee, secure, bank-transfer (non-credit) alternative to paypal) and patreon spring to mind.
Gotta be efficient when most of your hand coordination is spent trying to apply mascara to your beard.
flies Dominionates on youtube

qmech

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: qmech
  • What year is it?
  • Respect: +2320
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2014, 05:34:43 am »

I at least would be happy to just send you some money by Paypal.

assemble_me

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: assemble me
  • Dominion stream/yt junkie
  • Respect: +808
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2014, 05:22:33 pm »

Thanks.  I'll look into it.

Hi,
I don't want to annoy you, but it seems like this still happens. I wanted to look through my league match logs against Simon (DK) but the log search finds only three out of six (funny how we had to play four pro and two unrated games and the log search finds two/one ;) - all games were hosted by Simon).  http://www.gokosalvager.com/logsearch?p1name=Assemble+Meme&p1score=any&p2name=Simon+%28DK%29&startdate=08%2F05%2F2012&enddate=06%2F10%2F2014&supply=&nonsupply=&rating=any&pcount=2&colony=any&bot=false&shelters=any&guest=false&minturns=&maxturns=&quit=false&resign=any&limit=20&submitted=true&offset=0
« Last Edit: June 10, 2014, 05:28:50 pm by assemble_me »
Join the f.ds Dominion league | My Twitch channel

... and none of his posts shall remain unedited

ragingduckd

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2014, 12:47:56 am »
+2

Then I searched the logs, and it turned out that my league games against QwertZuiop aren't found in the log search any more, so I'd expect they're not counted for the leaderboard either. The games have been played on May 30th between 2PM and 4PM UTC+2.

I found the bug that prevented these games from getting recorded.  They appear correctly in the search now.

I don't want to annoy you, but it seems like this still happens. I wanted to look through my league match logs against Simon (DK) but the log search finds only three out of six (funny how we had to play four pro and two unrated games and the log search finds two/one ;) - all games were hosted by Simon).  http://www.gokosalvager.com/logsearch?p1name=Assemble+Meme&p1score=any&p2name=Simon+%28DK%29&startdate=08%2F05%2F2012&enddate=06%2F10%2F2014&supply=&nonsupply=&rating=any&pcount=2&colony=any&bot=false&shelters=any&guest=false&minturns=&maxturns=&quit=false&resign=any&limit=20&submitted=true&offset=0

I think MF/Goko simply failed to record these three logs.  I found only 3 games hosted by either you or Simon (DK) in Goko's log file directory for June 10.

Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.661 seconds with 20 queries.