Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2  All

Author Topic: The Resurgence of Dominion: Resurgence (my fan expansion)  (Read 13588 times)

LibraryAdventurer

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: LibraryAdventurer
  • I wish my username had the links like it once did.
  • Respect: +1664
    • View Profile
The Resurgence of Dominion: Resurgence (my fan expansion)
« on: May 26, 2019, 10:16:08 pm »
+3

It's the resurgence of Resurgence!
I'm making a new thread for my fan expansion, mainly because no one's posted in the old thread for a long time.

Flavor themes: An ancient city is still inhabited by the race of people who built it. They have maintained or rebuilt some of the ancient buildings. Others lie in ruins, but power still lives even in the ruins. They live in a mostly-isolated area, and after a struggle to survive the centuries, are only now expanding their kingdom. (The theme is inspired by a novel I wrote but isn't published yet. The ancient city in my story is loosely inspired by the Mayan cities. A few of the photos used were taken by my dad when my parents went to see the Mayan cities. And I generally use my dad's photos for the cart art whenever I can.)

Mechanic themes: There are Looter cards, and also Preserve cards. Preserve cards put both normal ruins and special ruins in the supply, and none of the Preserve cards are attack cards. There's a subtheme of Action-Victory cards (5 of them).
   Rules for Special Ruins and Preserve cards: Include both Ruins and Special Ruins in the supply whenever a Preserve card is in the Kingdom (6 Ruins and 6 Special Ruins for a 2 player game, 12 of each for 3 player, 16 of each for 4 player). Whenever you would gain a normal ruins card, you may discard a card to gain a special ruins instead. When the ruins pile is empty, you always gain a special ruins instead and vice versa.
     While you gain them under different circumstances, the Ruins and Special ruins in the supply otherwise count as a single supply pile. Both ruins piles must be empty for it to count as an empty supply pile. Special Ruins count as ruins for the purpose of other cards that refer to ruins (like Vagrant) except when cards cause players to gain ruins. (There are a total of four of each type of special ruins.) The special ruins are at the end of the list of Resurgence cards in this post.

In my fan-card philosophy, I see no reason not to use whatever other mechanics already exist. So durations, victory tokens, coin tokens, and the journey token all make an appearance. Most of the initial work on these cards was done in 2015-2016, so there aren't any post-Adventures mechanics. (Well, except the two landmarks.) There are a few new cards, but mostly what's been done since 2016 is testing and tweaking. Most of these cards have been well tested with my gaming group.
Another note: When I play with fan cards, I print out text-only versions of the cards, so I only make the mock-ups to post here. It's possible there are mistakes in them that I missed.

I'll post three or four cards at a time and keep them all here in the OP.

The first three are the Building Materials. They're special because whenever Building Blocks or Foundation is randomly chosen for the kingdom, Mortar Repair is also added to the supply. Mortar Repair has no randomizer of its own.

Building Blocks
$2 - Treasure - Reaction - Material
Worth $1.
When you play this, reveal the top card of your deck and discard it or put it back.
-
When you reveal this from your deck, you may put this into your hand. If you do, continue revealing cards as if you hadn't revealed this card.
a reaction-peddler variant
Foundation
$3 - Action - Reaction - Material
+1 Action.
Reveal the top card of your deck. Discard it or put it back. +1 Card.
-
When this card is discarded besides during a clean-up phase, +1 card on your turn.
a reaction-lab variant
Mortar Repair
$3 - Action - Reaction - Material
Reveal the top 2 cards of your deck. You may discard one. You may trash one. Put any remaining back on your deck. If you trashed one, gain a card costing up to $3. Otherwise, +1 Action, +$1.
-
When this card is trashed, +$1 on your turn.
Mortar Repair provides a way to gain the other materials as well as a way to activate their reactions.
EDIT: I'll change this to "When you trash this." The original wording happened before I realized when someone plays a knight, you still trash your own cards, not the person playing the knight. EDIT2: I've also realized it doesn't need the Reaction type.

Mysterious Door
$2 - Action
The player to your left discards the bottom card of their deck. If it's an action card, do what it says as if you played it. Otherwise if it's... a victory card, +2 Cards; anything else, +$2.
(Sorry the wording on the image is slightly outdated. Images aren't a high priority for me.)
Doorkeeper
$3 - Action / Victory
Reveal the top 2 cards of your deck. Play one of them and discard the other. If you played a victory card, +$1. Otherwise, if the card you played cost at least $5, discard a card.
-
Worth 1 VP.
I'm considering removing the drawback from this one.
Pedestal
$3 - Action - Reaction
+$1. Discard up to 3 Action or Treasure cards. +1 VP for each card discarded this way.
-
When you discard this from your hand besides during clean-up, +$1 on your turn.
(tweaked since I made the image.)

Drawbridge
$3 Action - Duration
+2 Cards.
Next turn: You may trash a card from your hand.
-
While this is in play, when you would be affected by another player's attack, its player may discard a card. If they don't, you are unaffected by the attack.

Generous Benefactor
$3 Action - Duration
+1 Action, +$1.
Start of next turn: +$2, +1 Buy.
-
While this is in play, each other player gets +$1 after playing treasures in their buy phase if they have no gold, platinum, or attack cards in play.
(added "Start of")

Trailblazer
$3 Action
+1 Card, +1 Cction.
During your action phase with this in your hand, you may discard a card. If you do, play this without using an action.
-
When you gain this, reveal the top 4 cards of your deck. Put any number of revealed Victory cards and Curses into your hand. Put the other cards back in any order.

Renovate
$4 Action - Preserve
+2 Cards. Trash a card from your hand. Gain a card costing up to $1 more than the trashed card.
-
When you gain this, gain a ruins.

Restored Village
$4 Action - Preserve
+2 Actions. Discard a card. Draw up to 5 cards in hand.
-

Pioneer
$5 Action - Duration - Preserve
+3 Cards, +1 Buy.
-
On the turn you play this, when you buy an Action card, you may set it aside. If you do, play it at the start of your next turn, then trash it.
(The image for this one was made before I made the Preserve type.)

Moving Statue
$4 Action
Turn your Journey token over (it starts face up). If it's face down, +1 VP. If it's face up, +2 Cards, +1 Action.
Archaeologist
$5 Action - Preserve
+1 Action.
Gain a ruins, putting it in your hand.
-
When you gain this, you may put your +1 Action, +1 Card, +$1, or +1 Buy token on the ruins pile.
(Removed the +1 Card. Also, I am aware the image says "When you buy this". I changed that.)
(Special Ruins reminder: Ruins and Special Ruins count as a single supply pile. Whenever you would gain a normal ruins card, you may discard a card to gain a Special Ruins instead.)
Royal Heirloom
$5 Action - Duration
Reveal deck cards until you reveal an action card, put the action card in your hand and discard the rest. Then choose an action card from your hand. Play it now and play it again at the start of your next turn.
(EDIT 5/22: I have removed this card for being too similar to Royal Galley.)

Auditor
$4 Action - Attack
+$2, +1 Buy.
Each other player reveals their hand and discards all curses, ruins, and pure victory cards.
Vandal
$5 Action - Attack - Looter
+2 cards.
Each player (including you) may reveal a Victory card from his hand and put it onto his deck. If you do, +$2. Each other player who doesn't gains a Ruins.
This one's been around for a long time. It even won a fan contest once.
Fountain Gargoyle
$5 Action - Attack - Duration - Victory
+1 Action.
This turn and next: +$1.
-
Worth 1VP
-
Until your next turn, when another player gains a victory card, he reveals and puts a pure victory card or a ruins from his discard pile on top of his deck.
Goblin City
$5 Action - Attack - Looter
+1 Card, +2 Actions.
Each other player may discard an action card from their hand. If they don't, they gain a ruins into their hand.
-
This costs $1 less if you have any ruins in play.
EDIT: Added Looter type to Vandal and Goblin City (but not in the images yet).
EDIT 5/22: I have abandoned Goblin City for a somewhat similar fan card by spheremonk which only attacks if it's the first card played in a turn.

Miner
$4 Action
+$1.
Reveal the top 4 cards of your deck. Put a revealed treasure into your hand. Discard one other revealed card. Put the rest back in any order.
Kingdom Restoration
$5 Action
+1 Action.
You may discard the top card of your deck. Then look through your discard pile and put up to two cards from it on top of your deck. Then +1 Card.
-
During your buy phase, you may pay $1 to return a card from the trash pile to the supply.
Ancient Temple
$5 Action
+1 Action.
Discard a card. Gain a card costing up to $4, putting it in your hand.
Similar to Sculptor, but this came first so I'm keeping it.
Ancestral Crypt
$5 Action-Victory
+1 Card.
Trash up to two cards from your hand. For each card you trash that costs more than $0, take a coin token.
-
Worth 1 VP.
Thinking about making this worth 2VP.

Salavage Site
$1 - Event
Discard any number of cards from your hand. Gain a card from the trash costing up to $X, where X = double the number of cards you discarded.
Unearth
$3 - Event - Preserve
+1VP. Each player gains a special ruins (you first). Set yours aside and play it at the start of your next turn.

Ancient Inheritance
$4 - Event - Preserve
Look at the top 4 cards of the Special Ruins pile. Choose one to side aside, and put your Estate token on it. (Your Estates gain the types and abilities of that card.)
Discovery
$5 - Event
Once per turn: The player to your left discards the bottom card of his deck. If it's a(n) ...treasure: +3 Coffers, ...victory card +3VP, ...action card, set aside a card you have in play and play it at the start of your next turn.

Astral Plane
Landmark
At the end of each turn, +1 VP if you took any VP tokens this turn.
-
At the end of the game, -1 VP for each victory card you have costing more than $5 unless it was 'set aside' or on a mat when the game ended.
Pyramid
Landmark - Preserve
Each time you play a ruins: if you have 1 ruins in play, +1 Action; if you have an even number of ruins in play, +1VP; if you have 3 ruins in play, +1 Coffers.

The special ruins: (I probably won't be making images of these.)
Abandoned Dungeon
$2 - Action - SpecRuins
+1 Card, +1 Action.
Discard a card.
Ruined Drawbridge
$2 - Action - Reaction - SpecRuins
+1 Card.
Gain a Silver onto your deck.
-
When another player plays an attack, you may play this from your hand. If you do, at the start of your next turn, return it to your hand.
Engraved Pathstone
$2 - Action - SpecRuins
Look at the top three cards of your deck. Put one in your hand and discard the rest.
Ancestral Spirit
$2 - Action - SpecRuins
+1 Buy.
Reveal a card from your hand. Either trash it or put it onto your deck.
If the card cost at least $5, +$2. Otherwise, if it cost more than $0, +$1.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2022, 12:14:34 am by LibraryAdventurer »

Jack Rudd

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jack Rudd
  • Respect: +1379
    • View Profile
Re: The Resurgence of Dominion: Resurgence (my fan expansion)
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2019, 12:04:36 pm »
+2

Mortar Repair should probably say "when you trash this", unless you want its trashing to spread joy and happiness everywhere.
Centuries later, archaeologists discover the remains of your ancient civilization.

Evidence of thriving towns, Pottery, roads, and a centralized government amaze the startled scientists.

Finally, they come upon a stone tablet, which contains but one mysterious phrase!

'ISOTROPIC WILL RETURN!'

Kudasai

• Witch
  • Respect: +289
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2019, 02:43:05 pm »
+1

Building Blocks - I like this cheap Venture-esque card. Harder to chain than Venture, but still seems to provide some utility even if your not chaining them. I imagine these only really shine in big number though.

Have you considered upgrading the wording to something like Patron? Intra-Building Block play would be nearly the same, but it would also allow Building Blocks to interact with other cards that "reveal". Maybe you're not looking for suggestions, but I think broader card interactions are always worth considering. Anways, here's a mock-up for those who like visuals!

LibraryAdventurer

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2019, 07:19:58 pm »

That's not the same. If you play Cartographer Scout and reveal Goons, Gold, Building Blocks, Building Blocks. With your version of the reaction, you'll draw the Goons and Gold instead of the two Building Blocks. So, not what I want. It already interacts with other cards that reveal though. (like Cartographer Scout -I realized Cartographer says "look at" not "reveal".)
« Last Edit: May 28, 2019, 08:23:52 pm by LibraryAdventurer »

Kudasai

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2019, 08:02:49 pm »
+1

That's not the same. If you play Cartographer and reveal Goons, Gold, Building Blocks, Building Blocks. With your version of the reaction, you'll draw the Goons and Gold instead of the two Building Blocks. So, not what I want. It already interacts with other cards that reveal though. (like Cartographer)

Well, yes and no. Yes, because in this scenario both cards can draw the two Building Blocks. No, because how they get there is a bit different. I'll break it down (at least how I see it). From here on out I'll refer to Building Blocks as BBs.

BBs_01

(1) Play Cartographer and draw a card.
(2) Reveal Goons, Gold, BBs, and BBs.
(3) Reveal BBs, put it into your hand and reveal some card.
(4) Reveal BBs, put it into your hand and reveal some card.
(5) Put back Goons, Gold, Some card and Some card in any order.
(6) End with two BBs and 5 other cards in hand.

BBs_02

(1) Play Cartographer and draw a card.
(2) Reveal Goons, Gold, BBs, and BBs.
(3) Reveal BB signaling for +1 Card after you finish playing Cartographer.
(4) Reveal BB signaling for +1 Card after you finish playing Cartographer.
(5) Put back BB, BB, Goons and Gold.
(6) Finish playing Cartographer.
(7) Draw BB.
(8) Draw BB.
(9) End with two BBs and 5 other cards in hand.

Both can end up drawing the 2 BBs, but the difference is BB_01 ends up revealing 2 more cards and BB_02 can draw Goons and Gold instead of the BBs.

Not sure if one is better than the other. BB_01 certainly is better with a higher concentration of BBs as your reveal windows are larger. BB_02 is more flexible with non-BB cards, which is better with a low saturation of BBs.

Sounds like you've played a lot of games with this card. Does it work well in 4-6 player games where you may only end up with 1-3 BBs? Playing with these I'd be afraid of getting stuck with just 2-3 and perhaps they end up not doing much. This is similar to Fool's Gold saturation issues, but Fool's Gold has a Gold gaining out at least.

Either way I think it's a cool card. Your wording is fine, I just think there is a lot of value in consistency. Pre-Patron this would not have been an issue, but now that there is a standard phrasing for a reveal Reaction, it may confuse people. Probably won't though.

Thanks for sharing this!
« Last Edit: May 28, 2019, 08:06:00 pm by Kudasai »

LibraryAdventurer

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2019, 08:20:09 pm »
+1

I never play with more than 4 players. 2 or 3 is ideal. Many official cards are not balanced for 4+ player games, and I'm not interested in balancing my cards for 4+ player games.
I see what you mean with your examples, but with BBs_02 you would almost always rather draw the Goons and Gold. (Sorry, I realized Cartographer is a bad example because it says "look at" instead of "reveal") Anyway, with Wandering Minstrel and a BBs_02 on your deck, Wandering Minstrel acts as a Lost City+, and you can leave the BBs_02 on your deck, drawing another card with its reaction, and play more Wandering Minstrels as Lost City+s. That's just not what I intended the card to do.

EDIT: uh, my above example is wrong because Wandering Minstrel would discard the Building Blocks (BBs_2 version), but replace with Scout and you get the idea.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2019, 08:28:22 pm by LibraryAdventurer »

Gazbag

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Gazbag
  • Respect: +1003
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2019, 08:22:18 pm »

Shouldn't Building Blocks and Foundation have a type to indicate that Mortar Repair is added to the Supply? Like how Looter means add Ruins to the Supply.

LibraryAdventurer

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2019, 08:26:42 pm »
+1

Shouldn't Building Blocks and Foundation have a type to indicate that Mortar Repair is added to the Supply? Like how Looter means add Ruins to the Supply.

They do. I just neglected to put it in the images.

Building Blocks
$2 - Treasure - Reaction - Material
« Last Edit: May 28, 2019, 08:29:58 pm by LibraryAdventurer »

Commodore Chuckles

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Commodore Chuckles
  • Respect: +1965
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2019, 11:55:11 pm »
+2

(8) Draw BB.

Took me a minute to figure out what was going on here. Is there no way to escape the smileys?

Kudasai

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2019, 12:41:56 am »
+1

(8) Draw BB.

Took me a minute to figure out what was going on here. Is there no way to escape the smileys?

Not that I've found and I've spent more time than I'd like to admit trying to get around this. 8) 8) 8)

LibraryAdventurer

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2019, 01:46:23 am »

The next three cards:

Mysterious Door
$2 - Action
The player to your left discards the bottom card of their deck. If it's an action card, do what it says as if you played it. Otherwise if it's... a victory card, +2 Cards; anything else, +$2.
Use a $2 cost action to get a chance at playing a $5 or $6 cost action! Sucks if the player to your left is playing BM.
The wording on the image is slightly outdated. It's been rearranged to allow for the "anything else" so it wouldn't dud on a night card, curse, or Hovel.
(Just now realized that if the player to your left discards Tunnel or Harem or even Overgrown Estate (among others) you'd get +2 Cards and +$2. I'll have to tweak it to make it only either/or... On that note, I also just realized that Mortar Repair doesn't need the reaction type.)

Doorkeeper
$3 - Action / Victory
Reveal the top 2 cards of your deck. Play one of them and discard the other. If you played a victory card, +$1. Otherwise, if the card you played cost at least $5, discard a card.
-
Worth 1 VP.
Similar to Border Guard, but this came first and I like it better, so I'll keep it. And, yes, this can play non-action cards in your action phase. This would probably be fine at $2, but Estate is $2, so $3 it is.
Theme note: In my mind, the subject of the Doorkeeper card is someone who guards the Mysterious Door. But I couldn't find an appropriate picture for that. They wield spears and wear primitive but effective animal skin armor. And they tell stories about what might happen when the Mysterious Door is opened, but no one knows for sure.

Pedestal
$3 - Action - Reaction
+$1. Discard any number of action or treasure cards. +1 VP for each card discarded this way.
-
When you discard this from your hand besides during clean-up, +$1 on your turn.
This is one of the cards which hasn't been tested as much as the others. Someone commented earlier that you could rack up points by discarding the rest of your hand every time you play Pedestal, but I don't think that would be a winning strategy very often (maybe if you can draw a lot of cards first). If it ends up being too strong that way, I'll tweak it. Maybe say "Discard up to 3 cards".
« Last Edit: May 29, 2019, 01:56:47 am by LibraryAdventurer »

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
  • Respect: +12839
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2019, 06:01:22 am »
+1

(8) Draw BB.

No.  :) ;) :D ;D >:( :( :o 8) ??? ::) :P :-[ :-X :-\ :-* :'(
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

Kudasai

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2019, 06:57:24 pm »

(8) Draw BB.

But wait! You just got around it! Tell us your secrets!

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
  • Respect: +12839
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #13 on: May 30, 2019, 10:02:53 am »
+1

(8) Draw BB.

But wait! You just got around it! Tell us your secrets!

Attachments and other options.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

LibraryAdventurer

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 31, 2019, 10:57:52 pm »

The next three cards:

Drawbridge
$3 Action - Duration
+2 cards.
Next turn: You may trash a card from your hand.
-
While this is in play, when you would be affected by another player's attack, its player may discard a card. If they don't, you are unaffected by the attack.
The original version of this card was too strong for $3, so this version is a result of tweaks making it a little weaker. It's been well tested.

Generous Benefactor
$3 Action - Duration
+1 action, +$1.
Next turn: +$2, +1 Buy.
-
While this is in play, each other player gets +$1 after playing treasures in their buy phase if they have no gold, platinum, or attack cards in play.
I noticed someone just posted a card very similar to this in the weekly contest, but this one's been around for quite a while without changing much. It's okay that more than one person had the same idea.

Trailblazer
$3 Action
+1 card, +1 action.
During your action phase with this in your hand, you may discard a card. If you do, play this without using an action.
-
When you gain this, reveal the top 4 cards of your deck. Put any number of revealed Victory cards and Curses into your hand. Put the other cards back in any order.
I actually think I removed the below the line part for the current version we play with, partly because we kept forgetting to do it anyway.

Gubump

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Gubump
  • Respect: +1677
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2019, 11:06:38 pm »

Why does Generous Benefactor have two colors instead of just one?
« Last Edit: May 31, 2019, 11:07:51 pm by Gubump »
All of my fan card mockups are credited to Shard of Honor and his Dominion Card Image Generator (the new fork).
If you're having font issues with the generator, click this link and click on the button to request temporary access to the demo server that loads the font.

LibraryAdventurer

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 31, 2019, 11:28:55 pm »
+1

Because I momentarily forgot when making the image that durations have one color. I'm absent-minded like that. Every time I go through and make images for my cards, there's mistakes. :P  ::) oh well.

Commodore Chuckles

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 01, 2019, 09:31:05 am »

Is this supposed to be "at the start of your next turn" like the official durations? This should specify because it matters for trashing from your hand.

hhelibebcnofnena

• Minion
  • she/her
  • Respect: +409
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 01, 2019, 10:19:27 pm »
+1

It looks like an orange creamsicle!
Hydrogen Helium Lithium Beryllium Boron Carbon Nitrogen Oxygen Fluorine Neon Sodium

LibraryAdventurer

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 04, 2019, 01:09:03 am »

<Drawbridge>

Is this supposed to be "at the start of your next turn" like the official durations? This should specify because it matters for trashing from your hand.
Yes. I guess I thought "Next turn:" would be an acceptable abbreviation for "At the start of your next turn:". The latter is annoyingly space-consuming. I'll fix it.

Now, the special ruins: (I'm not going to bother making mock-ups of these)
Abandoned Dungeon
$2 - Action - SpecRuins
+1 Card, +1 Action.
Discard a card.
Ruined Drawbridge
$2 - Action - Reaction - SpecRuins
+1 Card.
Gain a Silver onto your deck.
-
When another player plays an attack, you may play this from your hand. If you do, at the start of your next turn, return it to your hand.
Engraved Pathstone
$2 - Action - SpecRuins
Look at the top three cards of your deck. Put one in your hand and discard the rest.
Ancestral Spirit
$2 - Action - SpecRuins
+1 Buy.
Reveal a card from your hand. Either trash it or put it onto your deck.
If the card cost at least $5, +$2. Otherwise, if it cost more than $0, +$1.
   Rules for Special Ruins and Preserve cards: Include both Ruins and Special Ruins in the supply whenever a Preserve card is in the Kingdom (6 Ruins and 6 Special Ruins for a 2 player game, 12 of each for 3 player, 16 of each for 4 player). Whenever you would gain a normal ruins card, you may discard a card to gain a special ruins instead. When the ruins pile is empty, you always gain a special ruins instead and vice versa.
     While you gain them under different circumstances, the Ruins and Special ruins in the supply otherwise count as a single supply pile. Both ruins piles must be empty for it to count as an empty supply pile. Special Ruins count as ruins for the purpose of other cards that refer to ruins (like Vagrant) except when cards cause players to gain ruins. (There are a total of four of each type of special ruins.)

And here are three Preserve cards:

I think the first two would be too strong for $4 and weak for $5 without the ruins drawback. And being able to discard a card to gain special ruins instead of normal ruins makes the drawback less severe.
Renovate
$4 Action - Preserve
+2 Cards.
Trash a card from your hand. Gain a card costing up to $1 more than the trashed card.
-
You can always Renovate that ruins later.

Restored Village
$4 Action - Preserve
+2 Actions.
Discard a card. Draw up to 5 cards in hand.
-
The image says "When you buy this, gain a ruins." That's the previous version. I think having it be on-gain is better because it's simpler.

Pioneer
$5 Action - Duration - Preserve
+3 Cards, +1 Buy.
-
On the turn you play this, when you buy an Action card, you may set it aside. If you do, play it at the start of your next turn, then trash it.
The Preserve type guarantees that Pioneer has nice disposable $2 Actions in the supply to play and trash. (The image for this one was made before I made the Preserve type.)
« Last Edit: June 04, 2019, 01:27:29 am by LibraryAdventurer »

LibraryAdventurer

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 08, 2019, 10:52:40 pm »

Next three cards:

Moving Statue
$4 Action
Turn your Journey token over (it starts face up). If it's face down, +1 VP. If it's face up, +2 Cards, +1 Action.
Archaeologist
$5 Action - Preserve
+1 Card, +1 Action.
Gain a ruins, putting it in your hand.
-
When you gain this, you may put your +1 Action, +1 Card, +$1, or +1 Buy token on the ruins pile.
I am aware the image says "When you buy this". I'm still deciding between the two...
(Special Ruins reminder: Ruins and Special Ruins count as a single supply pile. Whenever you would gain a normal ruins card, you may discard a card to gain a Special Ruins instead.)
Royal Heirloom
$5 Action - Duration
Reveal deck cards until you reveal an action card, put the action card in your hand and discard the rest. Then choose an action card from your hand. Play it now and play it again at the start of your next turn.

Commodore Chuckles

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 09, 2019, 12:21:24 am »

Moving Statue looks too spammable. Was it not so bad when you tested it?

LibraryAdventurer

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 09, 2019, 12:58:23 am »

Moving Statue looks too spammable. Was it not so bad when you tested it?
It seemed fine when we tested it. It's spammable to some extent, but when every other play is just a terminal +vp, I think it keeps it from getting too spammable.

LibraryAdventurer

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 13, 2019, 11:37:04 pm »

The four attack cards:

Auditor
$4 Action - Attack
+$2, +1 Buy.
Each other player reveals their hand and discards all curses, ruins, and pure victory cards.
Vandal
$5 Action - Attack
+2 cards.
Each player (including you) may reveal a Victory card from his hand and put it onto his deck. If you do, +$2. Each other player who doesn't gains a Ruins.
This one's been around for a long time. It even won a fan contest once.
Fountain Gargoyle
$5 Action - Attack - Duration - Victory
+1 Action.
This turn and next: +$1.
-
Worth 1VP
-
Until your next turn, when another player gains a victory card, he reveals and puts a pure victory card or a ruins from his discard pile on top of his deck.
Goblin City
$5 Action - Attack
+1 Card, +2 Actions.
Each other player may discard an action card from their hand. If they don't, they gain a ruins into their hand.
-
This costs $1 less if you have any ruins in play.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
  • Respect: +1363
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 14, 2019, 03:38:49 am »
+1

All of the above cards except Gargoyle should have the Looter type.

Cool cards, though!
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon
Pages: [1] 2  All

Page created in 0.077 seconds with 20 queries.