Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73 74 75  All

Author Topic: RMM6 Redux - Shakespeare Mafia (Town wins!)  (Read 169901 times)

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
Re: RMM6 Redux - Shakespeare Mafia (Act IV)
« Reply #1775 on: June 22, 2013, 11:36:56 am »

Damniit I STILL get it wrong, so sorry!

Need to practice:

EFHW

ehfw

EFHW

eeeäfhoooveee

Yes maybe I remember now.

Also sorry I made you work so much for nothing. Still got to hope mail-mi was town though..

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1776 on: June 22, 2013, 11:39:42 am »

you won't be sorry long.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1777 on: June 22, 2013, 11:42:57 am »

you won't be sorry long.
Oh I meant I'm sorry I gave you false hope, when in fact despite a pretty respectable effort the facts were so stacked against you, I was pretty much going to vote for you whatever you said.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1778 on: June 22, 2013, 11:43:07 am »

YAYAYAYAYAYAY thank you Eevee we win! By we I mean town!
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1779 on: June 22, 2013, 12:44:14 pm »

you won't be sorry long.
Oh I meant I'm sorry I gave you false hope, when in fact despite a pretty respectable effort the facts were so stacked against you, I was pretty much going to vote for you whatever you said.
Yeah.

shraeye

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: shraeye
  • More Graph Theory please
    • View Profile
« Reply #1780 on: June 22, 2013, 02:14:39 pm »

THREAD LOCKED

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
Re: RMM6 Redux - Shakespeare Mafia (Act III)
« Reply #1781 on: June 22, 2013, 06:15:56 pm »

Act IV Final Vote Count:

EFHW (1): mail-mi, Eevee
mail-mi (1): EFHW

Not Voting (0):

With 3 alive, it took 2 to lynch.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1782 on: June 22, 2013, 06:19:52 pm »

Now, with only three players left on the stage, voices were raised and words were heated.  The eerie sound of a fading ghost's whispers haunted them.

As they rounded on EFHW, the stage started to shake and rattle.  The curtains flew in every direction from an unseen wind and fear appeared in eyes stern with determination.

EFHW was adamant in defense, but in the end, was overpowered.

EFHW, acting as Falstaff, the Universal Backup was dead.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1783 on: June 22, 2013, 06:23:09 pm »

But wait, said one, looking closer at the dead soldier.  Something was happening.  The human coil slipped away to reveal her true self!

EFHW was actually Conflict, the Chauffeur Strongman Witch!

Town wins!

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1784 on: June 22, 2013, 06:23:32 pm »

Yay!

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1785 on: June 22, 2013, 06:23:55 pm »

Final Town PMs:

The Ghost of Hamlet's Father

Welcome raerae, you are Hamlet's Father, the Ghost.

If you are killed at night, and only at night, you will be able to post, but not vote, the following day. You will know that you were night killed, but may not reveal this during the day.

If you are neither lynched that day nor killed the following night, you will learn the identity of your killer. You may post once on the subsequent day, up to a maximum of 250 characters, stating anything you want within the rules of the game. After that post, you will be officially dead.

Primary Win Condition:  You win when all threats to town have been eliminated.

Sebastian, 1-Shot Deathproof Lover Watcher

Welcome Eevee, you are Sebastian, 1-Shot Deathproof Lover Watcher.

You are madly in loved with Proteus, a young gentleman of Verona. He left you teary-eyed when sent away by his father, but you've found a way to follow him.

You follow him so well, in fact, that every night, you will know who targets him.  If only you knew who Proteus was!

You are 1-shot Deathproof.  The first time you would die, you will passively survive.  Depending on who kills you, you may learn your lover's identity.

Primary Win Condition: You win when all threats to town have been eliminated.

Friar Laurence

Welcome mail-mi, you are Laurence, Town Friar.  On your way here, you accidentally ran into An Apothecary, and your bags of draughts got mixed up.  Now you don't what all the bottles in your bag contain.

Each night, you must target a player to whom you will give a draught.  The player you target will choose whether or not to drink the potion--they will not know who sent it to them.  Depending on the contents of the bottle you randomly chose from your bag, the player will die, seem to die, or receive a great benefit.

Dogberry, Self-Satisfied Night Constable

Welcome nkirbit, you are Dogberry, the Self-Satisfied Night Constable.

Each night, you may target a player to place in jail.  While that player is jailed, he may not take any actions, nor can he be targeted for actions.

But there's a catch!  You may only jail a player who's vote was on you in the final vote count for the previous day.  You really don't like being insulted or derided, after all.

Ophelia, 2-Shot Commuting Bomb

Welcome Twistedarcher, you are Ophelia, the 2-Shot Commuting Bomb.

Twice at night, you may choose to leave town and wail by a tree next to a river, making you untargetable by any and all night actions.  If you stick around, and are night killed, you will automatically kill the killer.  If you commute, your bomb cannot be set off.

Hero, Matchmaker and Pen Pal Lover

Welcome xeiron, you are Hero, Matchmaker and Pen Pal Lover.

Each night, you may PM the mods the names of two players.  You will be told if they are in love with each other.

Also, you are madly in love with Claudio, but you're a bit too shy to share.  Instead, you write him sweet nothings when he isn't around, and hope to find some sweet nothings written back to you.  You love him so much, if he were to die, you would commit suicide.

During the day, and only during the day, you may post in your Pen Pal QT here: http://www.quicktopic.com/50/H/VEBBUMCENQKG.  You may look at the QT at any time, but be sure to only post when the game is in day phase.  Claudio will also have access to the QT at all times, but will only be able to post when the game is in night phase.

As Pen Pals, you are unaware of each others' alignments.

Claudio, 2-Shot Poison Doctoring Pen Pal Lover

Welcome liopoil, you are Claudio, the 2-Shot Poison Doctoring Pen Pal Lover.

Twice at night, you may target a player. If they are sickly or deathly ill, you will cure them.  Otherwise, you will have no effect.  You will not know if your attempts were successful.

Also, you are madly in love with Hero, but you're a bit too shy to share. Instead, you write her sweet nothings when she isn't around, and hope to find some sweet nothings written back to you. You love her so much, if she were to die, you would commit suicide.

During the night, and only during the night, you may post in your Pen Pal QT here: http://www.quicktopic.com/50/H/VEBBUMCENQKG.  You may look at the QT at any time, but be sure to only post when the game is in night phase.  Hero will also have access to the QT at all times, but will only be able to post when the game is in day phase.

As Pen Pals, you are unaware of each others' alignments.

sudgy

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sudgy
  • It's pronounced "SOO-jee"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1786 on: June 22, 2013, 06:24:13 pm »

AARRGGHH!!
If you're wondering what my avatar is, watch this.

Check out my logic puzzle blog!

Quote from: sudgy on June 31, 2011, 11:47:46 pm

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1787 on: June 22, 2013, 06:24:44 pm »

Final Scum Team PMs:

The scum team is made up of the Three Witches from Macbeth

Darkness, the Whispering Lover Witch

Welcome, sudgy, you are Darkness, the Whispering Lover Witch. You have taken on the persona of Proteus.

You are lovers with Julia, or maybe Silvia.  You really can’t make up your mind, because you are kind of evil.  If the one you love dies by your hand (hammer vote or night kill), you will also die.  If only you knew which one you really love.

Each night, you may whisper to a fellow player, up to 250 characters. After you've chosen your target, send that player's name and the text you want to whisper to the mods. Do NOT PM directly. Your target will not know who whispered to them. You may say anything you want, within the rules of the game. If you whisper to your lover, she might whisper you back.

You may talk to your fellow Witch around the cauldron here: http://www.quicktopic.com/50/H/c6da5PBFhXk.
You may submit the factional kill each night.

Primary win condition: You win when Witches control half the town, or nothing can stop that from happening.

Conflict, Chauffeur Strongman Witch

Welcome, EFHW, you are Conflict, the Chauffeur Strongman Witch. You have taken on the persona of Falstaff.

If your vote was on a Witch in the previous day’s final vote count (unless you are the only Witch alive) and you perform the factional kill, protective powers targeting your target cannot stop it from happening.

You may talk to your fellow Witch around the cauldron here: http://www.quicktopic.com/50/H/c6da5PBFhXk.

Primary Win Condition: You win when Witches control half the town, or nothing can stop that from happening.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1788 on: June 22, 2013, 06:25:38 pm »

RMM6, N1 Recap:

Twistedarcher decided to commute, using 1 shot up.  This was to be a pivotal decision.

nkirbit is unable to jail anyone, as the only ones voting for him at the end of the night are the lynched lovers.

mail-mi decides to give a potion to nkirbit:

A touch on your side wakes you from a fitful slumber.  You find a small brown bottle, unlabeled.  What could it be?  Do you risk it?

You must decide if you will drink the contents of the bottle or not.  You do not know who sent it.  You will learn what it does only if you drink.

Eevee automatically watches sudgy and receives the result "no one."  (I mod-forgot this but informed him shortly after D2 started.)

sudgy sends the following whisper to raerae:

You toss and turn all night, unable to fall into a deep sleep.  The deaths of two comrades weighs heavy on your mind.  Suddenly, you hear a voice, whispering.  You turn and look, but the speaker is gone.  You don't know who it could have been, but the words are seared into your memory...

"I'm whispering to you, as you're my top townread. I'll say I whispered to you, then you say so. Also, if you are Julia or Silvia, please start you're first post with a letter in the first half of the alphabet."

nkirbit decides to drink the potion, which had randomly been rolled.  The potion put nkirbit to sleep, making him unlynchable on D2, but unable to post or vote.

EFHW attempts to kill Twistedarcher, but fails as he has commuted.

RMM6, N2 Recap:

nkirbit is unable to jail anyone, as no one could vote for him on Day 2.

mail-mi decides to give a potion to Eevee:

You are having trouble sleeping, as distraught as you've become given the events of the past two days.  You toss and turn, falling in and out of sleep.  Suddenly, a tap on your shoulder wakes you up completely.  You find a small brown bottle, unlabeled.  What could it be?  Do you risk it?

You must decide if you will drink the contents of the bottle or not.  You do not know who sent it.  If you were to ever learn what it does, it would only be if you drink it.

Eevee automatically watches sudgy and receives the result "no one."

sudgy sends the following whisper to Eevee:

Just when you think nothing else will keep you from sleeping, you hear a whisper in your ear...

"With the TA lynch, me and my partner have almost no hope. The only thing that can help us is if there is a survivor or something that we can bring to our side. You seemed the most like a survivor, so that's why I'm whispering you. If you don't help us, we WILL night kill you (he has a strongman)."

You turn quickly, but can't see who it is, retreating into the night.  But that voice!  It melts your heart, and you know it must have been your true love.  Quickly, before he's out of earshot, say something!

You may whisper anything you'd like, up to 250 characters, to the person who whispered to you.  If you choose to, reply to this PM with your message.

Eevee decides not to drink the potion he received in the night, which had randomly been rolled.  The potion would have doctored Eevee, protecting him from a night kill.

Eevee responds to sudgy with the following whisper:

As you sink into the shadows, having delivered your message to Eevee, you hear his voice trailing after you...

"What do you need me to do? Why would you trust me? It does feel like our paths are shared no matter what.."

EFHW kills raerae, who becomes a Ghost.

RMM6, N3 Recap:

nkirbit is unable to jail anyone, as no one was voting for him at the end of D3.

mail-mi decides to give a potion to raerae:

You have quickly paced back and forth on the stage off to the side of the heavy sleepers, going over your own death many times.  You know you saw the face of your killer, so why can't you recall it now?  But for now, it remains a mystery.

A quiet sound on the floor catches your attention, and you see a small, brown bottle come to a stop at your feet.  As it rolled, you could hear a bit of liquid sloshing about.  You wonder who could have sent it, and what it might contain...

You must decide if you will drink the contents of the bottle or not.  You do not know who sent it.  You will learn what it does only if you drink.

Eevee cannot watch sudgy because he is dead.

raerae decides not to drink the potion she received in the night, which had randomly been rolled.  The potion would have doctored raerae, protecting her from a night kill.

EFHW strongman kills nkirbit.

After day breaks, raerae learns that she was killed on N2 by EFHW, and is allowed one final post on D4 before dying for good.

Finally, as dawn breaks and the sun starts to make you fade away, you see it, the face of your killer.  And you are shocked!

EFHW was the one who stabbed you in the back, draining you of life.

You may post one time, and one time only, in game.  After that, you will die forever.  Your post may say whatever you like (except for what you were previously prohibited from posting), but may not exceed 250 characters (not including spaces).  If you are unsure about what you may say, you should PM me first.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1790 on: June 22, 2013, 06:29:08 pm »

Great game, everyone!  This went so well, and much better than we expected.  Thanks everyone for playing!

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1791 on: June 22, 2013, 06:30:21 pm »

Oh, interesting that Sudgy would have only died from hammering Eevee.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1792 on: June 22, 2013, 06:32:19 pm »

Each night, you may whisper to a fellow player, up to 250 characters. After you've chosen your target, send that player's name and the text you want to whisper to the mods. Do NOT PM directly. Your target will not know who whispered to them. You may say anything you want, within the rules of the game. If you whisper to your lover, she might whisper you back.//quote]

How did Eevee know the message was from sudgy?  And sudgy, your message wasn't going to work if he didn't know who it was from.

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1793 on: June 22, 2013, 06:32:40 pm »

or accidentally NKing him.

Oh man, I thought we were screwed after you lynched Xeiron D1. Luckily, town got super-lucky with the NKs.

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1794 on: June 22, 2013, 06:33:35 pm »

eevee knew because sudgy claimed whisperer

so my doctor only protected from mail-mi's potions if they went badly?

sudgy

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1795 on: June 22, 2013, 06:34:20 pm »

Oh, interesting that Sudgy would have only died from hammering Eevee.

Or NKing, but me and EFHW decided that he would always NK.

Also, if you didn't read the Mafia QT: I thought it was blatantly obvious that one of TA or me was scum (I even posted it in thread).  I was so sure, I decided to do this big plan: slip in some way, hinting mail-mi as my partner.  I sent that PM to Eevee since I was sure I would be lynched anyway.  Things probably would've gone right, too, if raerae wasn't able to claim, or Eevee had no bulletproof...

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1796 on: June 22, 2013, 06:34:27 pm »

Each night, you may whisper to a fellow player, up to 250 characters. After you've chosen your target, send that player's name and the text you want to whisper to the mods. Do NOT PM directly. Your target will not know who whispered to them. You may say anything you want, within the rules of the game. If you whisper to your lover, she might whisper you back.

How did Eevee know the message was from sudgy?  And sudgy, your message wasn't going to work if he didn't know who it was from.

He didn't "know".  The PMs I used are quoted there.  He knew it was his lover, but not who his lover was.

sudgy

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1797 on: June 22, 2013, 06:36:33 pm »

Also, I didn't realize the person getting my whisper couldn't see and that my lover could whisper back.

Also, why was Eevee Sebastian instead of Julia or Silvia?

nkirbit

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1798 on: June 22, 2013, 06:37:13 pm »

Woohoo!

I actually vote EFHW for MVP, despite losing.  I'm fairly convinced that had raerae not been able to find out EFHW through her role, she would never have been found out as scum.  She played an outstanding game.

Out of town, I'd pick raerae.  She was on the right side in the Sudgy vs TA fight, and helped push through Sudgy despite not being able to vote.

Turns out I was very, very wrong in my accusation of Eevee and Raerae.  Whoops!

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1799 on: June 22, 2013, 06:37:29 pm »

eevee knew because sudgy claimed whisperer

so my doctor only protected from mail-mi's potions if they went badly?

Oh right, potions!

It is in the Mod QT, but mail-mi started with 10.

5x doctor potions
2x sleeping potions (nkirbit got one)
2x Hated potions
1x Death potion

So 50% doc, 10% Vig on night 1.  I rolled 1d10 to get a random potion.

Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73 74 75  All

Page created in 0.064 seconds with 20 queries.