Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 75  All

Author Topic: RMM6 Redux - Shakespeare Mafia (Town wins!)  (Read 169569 times)

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
Re: RMM6 Redux - Shakespeare Mafia (Act II)
« Reply #1325 on: June 12, 2013, 02:37:46 pm »

Okay, that post did make more sense.. except that the conclusion I think it brings you/me/us to is that sudgy is town indeed and scum is just hanging around in the background!

Really really doesn't make me want to lynch sudgy at alll. I think any of you could be scum really and probably are too!

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1326 on: June 12, 2013, 02:45:19 pm »

And I am not scum, therefore I am not sudgy's partner. If I was scum, I would either A) just go with the lynch because it wins me the game, or B) bus my partner Eevee/sudgy because I would still be in a good position.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1327 on: June 12, 2013, 02:47:17 pm »

And I am not scum, therefore I am not sudgy's partner. If I was scum, I would either A) just go with the lynch because it wins me the game, or B) bus my partner Eevee/sudgy because I would still be in a good position.

Or you could oppose the lynch, as it's VERY clear that it's not going through without your support.

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1328 on: June 12, 2013, 02:47:36 pm »

Okay, that post did make more sense.. except that the conclusion I think it brings you/me/us to is that sudgy is town indeed and scum is just hanging around in the background!

Really really doesn't make me want to lynch sudgy at alll. I think any of you could be scum really and probably are too!

Who's your scum reads out of myself/EFHW/raerae?

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1329 on: June 12, 2013, 02:51:33 pm »

Who's your scum reads out of myself/EFHW/raerae?

I'll answer this too. Order from scummiest to least:

TA: reasons already stated.
EFHW: mostly a null-to-slight-scum read here, could maybe lynch her.
raerae: town, doesn't seem at all like herself in bankers.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1330 on: June 12, 2013, 02:52:09 pm »

Or you could oppose the lynch, as it's VERY clear that it's not going through without your support.

Then that's good. Because i don't want to lynch two townies because I'm not scum and I don't want to lose.

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1331 on: June 12, 2013, 02:53:20 pm »

That's the second read you've made saying "he seems like his scum self in that game" or "she doesn't seem like her scum self from that game".

If I recall correctly, this is the EXACT thing that Mcmc found you scummy for in Samurai and Ninjas. You were making reads on him based on how he read compared to other games, without posting examples until he badgered you again and again and again. You were also scum in that game.

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1332 on: June 12, 2013, 02:54:36 pm »

Can you please give explicit examples as to how I seem like my scum self, and how Raerae doesn't seem like her scum self?

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1333 on: June 12, 2013, 03:08:10 pm »

Scumslip??

If you're town, wouldn't you just stop after "I am not scum". Instead, you go forward to say that you are not Sudgy's partner. But you have a town read on Sudgy, so from your point of view, he doesn't have a partner, since he's not scum in your eyes.

I am coming around to a Sudgy/mail-mi team. With Eevee being Sudgy's partner and mail-mi possibly having his own lover partner, as well. It all would fit together perfectly.

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1334 on: June 12, 2013, 03:08:33 pm »

Scumslip??

If you're town, wouldn't you just stop after "I am not scum". Instead, you go forward to say that you are not Sudgy's partner. But you have a town read on Sudgy, so from your point of view, he doesn't have a partner, since he's not scum in your eyes.

I am coming around to a Sudgy/mail-mi team. With Eevee being Sudgy's partner and mail-mi possibly having his own lover partner, as well. It all would fit together perfectly.

To be more explicit, you are saying that Sudgy DOES have a partner?

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1335 on: June 12, 2013, 03:10:25 pm »

Scumslip??

To be more explicit, you are saying that Sudgy DOES have a partner?
I'm using you point of view and explaining from it why it's wrong.

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1336 on: June 12, 2013, 03:15:52 pm »

Mail-mi, care to explain how I'm similar to how I was in the blitz game?

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1337 on: June 12, 2013, 03:18:02 pm »

When I have time and when I'm on an actual computer, yes.

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1338 on: June 12, 2013, 03:55:24 pm »

Re-reading the thread and assuming mail-mi and Sudgy are partners kind of fits, actually.

Mail-mi doesn't really engage Sudgy all D1. Says he's got a town-read on Sudgy, though, and that we shouldn't vote for him.

Sudgy puts early pressure on mail-mi for not answering questions, but quickly switches his vote to nkirbit when he gets the chance. There's very little interaction later. When he had to vote a lurker, he chose Eevee first, then quickly switched off to mail-mi when raerae called him out.

D2, Sudgy says we shouldn't vote mail-mi to avoid a quick hammer, but has no response to the actual case on mail-mi. This fits pretty well with how I think scum would interact.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #1339 on: June 12, 2013, 06:11:03 pm »

Vote Count Act II.VIII:

Twistedarcher (2): mail-mi, Eevee
sudgy (3): raerae, EFHW,Twistedarcher {L-1}

Not Voting (1): sudgy

With 6 alive, it takes 4 to lynch.

Act II ends on June 20th at 7:00 p.m.

Your three free days have been used up.  You are now on banked time.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1340 on: June 12, 2013, 09:14:51 pm »

Ta, we usually see eye to eye so well. Why is it not happening here?
Buddying?

raerae

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: raerae
    • View Profile
« Reply #1341 on: June 12, 2013, 09:20:18 pm »

Scumslip??

No, Ash, it's a perfectly reasonable response to the question which could be answered a multitude of ways, all meaning virtually the same thing.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1342 on: June 12, 2013, 09:22:43 pm »

Well, I wanted to avoid it becoming totally obvious..
I believe you that you are sudgy's lover, but the rest of your logic doesn't seem obvious to me.  sudgy is town because you are?  Do you think town/scum lovers is impossible?  Really, letting us know you are sudgy's lover has the main effect of saving yourself and doesn't provide evidence that clears either of you.  I understand your not wanting to give scum information that would help direct their nk, but I don't really think you've advanced sudgy's towniness at all.  Is there anything else you would feel safe to add?

sudgy

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sudgy
  • It's pronounced "SOO-jee"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1343 on: June 12, 2013, 09:25:05 pm »

Vote: TwistedArcher

With two lovers claimed, he's still trying to lynch us (as everybody else has been saying).  I think this is enough for me.
If you're wondering what my avatar is, watch this.

Check out my logic puzzle blog!

Quote from: sudgy on June 31, 2011, 11:47:46 pm

sudgy

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sudgy
  • It's pronounced "SOO-jee"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1344 on: June 12, 2013, 09:27:07 pm »

And note, that's L-1, no quickhammering.
If you're wondering what my avatar is, watch this.

Check out my logic puzzle blog!

Quote from: sudgy on June 31, 2011, 11:47:46 pm

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1345 on: June 12, 2013, 09:28:50 pm »

I have another question - sudgy says his lover is either Julia or Silvia.  Assuming for the moment that this is true, do Julia and Silvia know which of them is the real lover?  I think they would both be in the game in case of flavorname claiming. 

raerae

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #1346 on: June 12, 2013, 09:43:44 pm »

Addressing a few things but not quoting because I'm a lazy drunk.

1).  Sudgy's role and whether it does or does not make sense as a scum role:  I 100% believe it does make sense as a scum role.  You are given the opportunity to sway somebody to your side of things.  For instance, you could say, 'Hey so-and-so, I totally super think you're town, we should hang out...' and so-and-so, knowing they are town, could say, 'Look!  Somebody finally gets me!  That person is obviously town because they can read me correctly!'  Or, you could say 'Hey so-and-so, I have information X, Y, and Z and you should vote with me because of that...oh, and I think you're town,' and BOOM! another vote with scum.  Obviously, this goes both ways so I don't think we decide solely based on the role.

2)  EFHW, if you are town, a little more conversation would be fabulous.  I know I soured you a little bit with Pirates but would really appreciate some thoughts.  But only if you're town, cool?  If you're scum, maybe you can just ignore this game, k?

3)  Let's just go over this one more time, IF both sets of lovers are town, scum could have won this game before D2.  Seriously, I'm going to make this a little bigger so ya'll read it.

4)  Eevee claimed.  Can everybody else please NOT do that?  Cool.

5)  mail-mi keeps saying he won't vote for sudgy but doesn't acknowledge the oddity of sudgy (claimed lover, one more time for those of you who missed it) being alive, he just keeps telling us to trust his half-baked two night kill jibber-jab.

6)  Eevee, I understand you don't want to die.  I support that.  But you seem to be basing the majority of your sudgy read on your alignment.  Is there anything else you can tell us, without more claiming, that will help your situation?  If not, do you understand the logic behind the suspicion surrounding sudgy?

7)  mail-mi, once upon a time (earlier today) you advocated lynching Eevee.  Do you still support that considering his claim?

8 )  Regarding a softdeadline, I can't commit to anything.  I'm making a giant move in a few weeks and planning/packing takes priority.  That said...I am out of town next Tuesday - Thursday nights...

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1347 on: June 12, 2013, 09:46:06 pm »

Ugh. Darn it, that's two scum (Sudgy + mail-mi) on my wagon.

Eevee, I know it's hard to consider lynching yourself, but, I really do think Sudgy is scum.

Sudgy's vote on me is on the justification that I am still considering lynching two claimed lovers. Yeah well, so if EFHW! and so is Raerae! He's just desperate to not get lynched himself, since, he's scum.

I am pretty sure I know what mail-mi's role is, if he's scum, btw.

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1348 on: June 12, 2013, 09:47:29 pm »

Does anyone think that lovercop makes sense in a situation where there's no scum in a loverpair? To me, it makes no sense. There must be at least one lover pair that has scum, and I'm pretty sure that it's Sudgy.

raerae

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #1349 on: June 12, 2013, 09:48:01 pm »

WAIT A SECOND!!  Voting TA over voting me???  Who's scummy now.  Why is one of us, both of whom have been pushing damn hard for sudgy's lynch, more scummy than the other.  Analyzing the shit out of this wagon right now.

It's mail-mi, Eevee, and sudgy, otherwise known as the possible partner, the recently claimed lover, and the scummy lover.

Are we in a legitimate stalemate?
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 75  All

Page created in 0.056 seconds with 16 queries.