Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 75  All

Author Topic: RMM6 Redux - Shakespeare Mafia (Town wins!)  (Read 167681 times)

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
Re: RMM6 Redux - Shakespeare Mafia (Act II)
« Reply #1300 on: June 12, 2013, 01:43:11 pm »

Hypothetical role "You are sudgy's lover, and you love him so much that you use your medical expertise to protect him on all even nights.".

I'd still bet on Sudgy being scum.

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1301 on: June 12, 2013, 01:44:30 pm »

The anti-town notion is saying "Eevee, I think you are probably town" and then not trusting me that lynching sudgy / making me claim to avoid that is a bad idea for town. Starting to feel like scum wanting to weed out a claim from me to make more informed night decisions.

No, I want to get the correct lynch today, at any cost. If we mislynch, there's no guarantee that we even have a D3. I think ending the game on a mislynch, and having information that hasn't been revealed, is awful.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1302 on: June 12, 2013, 01:45:03 pm »

Hypothetical role "You are sudgy's lover, and you love him so much that you use your medical expertise to protect him on all even nights.".

WHY? HOW? "Sup I'm a doctor that can only protect a scum player."

What makes you so sure sudgy is scum? His role makes way more sense for town. Someone you believe to be town is telling you he is probably town. Is it just being a claimed lover and alive? Because you know protective roles / scum being afraid of them?

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1303 on: June 12, 2013, 01:45:30 pm »

The anti-town notion is saying "Eevee, I think you are probably town" and then not trusting me that lynching sudgy / making me claim to avoid that is a bad idea for town. Starting to feel like scum wanting to weed out a claim from me to make more informed night decisions.

No, I want to get the correct lynch today, at any cost. If we mislynch, there's no guarantee that we even have a D3. I think ending the game on a mislynch, and having information that hasn't been revealed, is awful.
If nkirbit isn't dead then we are not in mylo.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1304 on: June 12, 2013, 01:45:49 pm »

I think revealing the information to avoid that mislynch when it can be avoided without revealing it is awful as well.

Say I'm the role I just made up. You want scum to have that information?

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1305 on: June 12, 2013, 01:46:13 pm »

If nkirbit isn't dead then we are not in mylo.

I think nkirbit is dead after today/tonight.

I think he got poisoned. Poison doctor could have brought him back to life, but poison doctor is gone now.

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1306 on: June 12, 2013, 01:46:36 pm »

What makes you so sure sudgy is scum? His role makes way more sense for town. Someone you believe to be town is telling you he is probably town. Is it just being a claimed lover and alive? Because you know protective roles / scum being afraid of them?
The Proteus role does not make sense as town.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1307 on: June 12, 2013, 01:46:54 pm »

Is TA making sense to other people?

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1308 on: June 12, 2013, 01:47:05 pm »

I'm sudgy's lover. It's way better for scum to kill one of us than it is the other. If I claim, they'll be able to make a very informed decision tonight. I hate that you are dragging this out of me, but for the love of god lets lynch someone else.

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1309 on: June 12, 2013, 01:48:20 pm »

Flavor claim is scummy. I don't think lover-cop makes much sense when there's no scum in the other lover-pairs. Sudgy being alive IS fishy, and I don't think he was the NK target last night. The fact that the other lover hasn't claimed is fishy (I think I have PoE'd who it is, though).

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1310 on: June 12, 2013, 01:52:26 pm »

Vote: TA Scum is really trying to push this lover lunch.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1311 on: June 12, 2013, 01:54:11 pm »

Vote: TA

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1312 on: June 12, 2013, 01:54:20 pm »

I'm sudgy's lover. It's way better for scum to kill one of us than it is the other. If I claim, they'll be able to make a very informed decision tonight. I hate that you are dragging this out of me, but for the love of god lets lynch someone else.

1) Why did you have a scum read on Sudgy D1? Was that fake?

2) Do you have mod-confirmation that Sudgy is town?

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1313 on: June 12, 2013, 01:57:45 pm »

1) Why did you have a scum read on Sudgy D1? Was that fake?

2) Do you have mod-confirmation that Sudgy is town?
I think he's still talking about the hypothetical situation.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1314 on: June 12, 2013, 02:00:05 pm »

I had a scum read on sudgy until his claim. Then I learnt he is my lover and the scum read went away. So no, it wasn't fake at all.

I do not have. It's similar to the doctor-example I gave earlier, I think I can glean it from how our roles are set up.

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1315 on: June 12, 2013, 02:07:07 pm »

I had a scum read on sudgy until his claim. Then I learnt he is my lover and the scum read went away. So no, it wasn't fake at all.

I do not have. It's similar to the doctor-example I gave earlier, I think I can glean it from how our roles are set up.

This isn't the impression I got from your post-claim posts. The following posts all take place immediately after your claim.

Okay.  So we can just have sudgy whisper someone trustworthy tonight. I would pick eevee.

Are we sure that role is town?
It could be a creative scum role, why not?

The people how know their Shakespeare: does it make any sense thematically to be lovers and not know the person you are in love with? Isn't that like very weird?

I think I'm fine with letting sudgy live and having him whisper me.

I'm confident sudgy's claim is true. So if we lynch him two people die. Should we have silvia/julia claim? I don't think so. Should we have silvia/julia just say who they are?
I'm thinking absolutely not. Let's just not lynch sudgy and deal with that tomorrow.

You unvoted, but immediately said it could be a creative scum role. Now you're saying it couldn't be a creative scum role, and are incredulous at the idea of a scum whisperer.

You also were fine with the idea of Sudgy whispering you. If you're his lover, you already have confirmation of his existence, and it would be more logical to have him whisper anyone else.

Also, I don't believe that you were unaware of his existence. It makes sense that he wouldn't be aware of you, but that you would be aware of him.

Still on board with a Sudgy lynch. Would love to hear from EFHW and Raerae regarding this.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1316 on: June 12, 2013, 02:08:20 pm »

Oh so you are his lover. Hm. Hm indeed. Well, only want to lynch one person today, not two which could lose us the game, this explains Eevee's switch on lovers, and TA seems similar to himself in liopoils blitz game.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1317 on: June 12, 2013, 02:12:38 pm »

Well, I wanted to avoid it becoming totally obvious..

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1318 on: June 12, 2013, 02:15:32 pm »

Oh so you are his lover. Hm. Hm indeed. Well, only want to lynch one person today, not two which could lose us the game, this explains Eevee's switch on lovers, and TA seems similar to himself in liopoils blitz game.

How on earth am I similar to myself in that game? If you're going to make broad sweeping statements like that, please at least back it up with some proof.

I am scared I am throwing this game away for town...but I am pretty sure I am correct on Sudgy being scum.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1319 on: June 12, 2013, 02:17:06 pm »

Ta, we usually see eye to eye so well. Why is it not happening here?

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1320 on: June 12, 2013, 02:19:49 pm »

How on earth am I similar to myself in that game? If you're going to make broad sweeping statements like that, please at least back it up with some proof.

I am scared I am throwing this game away for town...but I am pretty sure I am correct on Sudgy being scum.
That's really just a minor point. The fact that you are trying to get lovers lynched, one of which I'm 95% sure is town, and the other I'm right in the middle on, and that if we lunch then we could very likely lose the game is the big part.

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1321 on: June 12, 2013, 02:21:06 pm »

Yeah, it's odd, last game we played we were on the same page for most of it.

I'm not sure, I guess it's a combination of different information, and a different approach to today? We were even on the same page for most of D1, I think. I guess it's just a matter of taking two completely different sides to such an important question.

Is there a scenario, given what you know, where it does make complete sense that Sudgy could be scum? Like, if Sudgy's scum, does everything blow up, or is it simply a matter of "given what I know, I highly assume that Sudgy is town, but it's still slightly possible he COULD be scum, even if I don't think it".

I think most of our difference is coming from different assumptions that we're making

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1322 on: June 12, 2013, 02:23:34 pm »

oh, the latter, for sure. imagine a doc that can only save a certain player, you kind of
assume the other guy is town if you are, you know? I think that's a good analogy for this situation.

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1323 on: June 12, 2013, 02:30:17 pm »

oh, the latter, for sure. imagine a doc that can only save a certain player, you kind of
assume the other guy is town if you are, you know? I think that's a good analogy for this situation.

Yeah, I get what you're saying. I still think you're wrong, though. :P

Here's a fun exercise:

If Sudgy is scum, who would his partner be?

My guess is almost certainly not Eevee. I don't see any way Eevee is scum and doing this. Actually, I don't Eevee being scum in general. If he's scum, and Sudgy is scum, it's way, way, way too risky to pull this off. And there's no case where I can see him being scum and Sudgy is town, barring a counterclaim. So I think Eevee is conf town to me.

I'm not sure if Raerae or EFHW would bus their scum buddy. I don't think they would have jumped on him like that.

That leaves mail-mi or nkirbit. If it's nkirbit, we'll find out anyway. If it's mail-mi, then I think I know what his role is.

My best bet right now is Sudgy/mail-mi (and if it's not mail-mi, nkirbit).

Now, if Sudgy ISN'T scum, that means 2/3 of (EFHW, Raerae, Mail-mi) are scum. And I think possibly nkirbit as well, although that's probably less likely.

I will think about this and come back to it.

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1324 on: June 12, 2013, 02:31:09 pm »

Btw, Eevee, I know you're going to bring up the point that if I think you're town, I should believe you on Sudgy! and I do think I know exactly what you're saying, but I just disagree with the likelihood that Sudgy is scum.

Do you think you're getting through to me, or do you still think there's part of your argument that I don't understand?
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 75  All

Page created in 0.057 seconds with 20 queries.