Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 75  All

Author Topic: RMM6 Redux - Shakespeare Mafia (Town wins!)  (Read 167614 times)

nkirbit

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
Re: RMM6 Redux - Shakespeare Mafia (Act I)
« Reply #675 on: June 06, 2013, 11:42:03 am »

I'm going to choose someone tonight to whisper to (I won't say who), I'll say it was them that did it, then they will say that they did it.

I think xeiron should be lynched, and I've already said that.  He's been lurking, and his posts have been scummy.  We need to hurry up and get SOME lynch through, each hour we waste wastes time.  (Also, Eevee, I don't like blitzing (especially later in the game), it's more rushed and people don't have as much time to think through things, and it's harder to catch up with)

The problem you picking someone, and revealing it tomorrow. Is that you could pick your scum-partner and writing them a message in your scum QT, thus "proving" an ability you don't have.
If you want me to trust your demonstration, we would have to publicly pick one to receive your message, and it should not be eevee or TA, as I find those most likely to be scum-partners with you.

No, we can't do this.  You're correct in that it prevents him from co-ordinating with his scum partner, but whoever he picks will be a target for NK.  We may have some doctor to stop this problem, but we can't be sure that we do.

There's really no way, if he is scum, to stop another scum from claiming he got the message.  But, if he does do this, and we later figure out either Sudgy or whoever claimed to receive his message is scum, then we will know a lot about the other player.

sudgy

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sudgy
  • It's pronounced "SOO-jee"
    • View Profile
« Reply #676 on: June 06, 2013, 11:52:25 am »

I've seen several people saying they would be willing to lynch xeiron.  Why are we stalling when we've passed our soft deadline already?  Let's just lynch somebody!
If you're wondering what my avatar is, watch this.

Check out my logic puzzle blog!

Quote from: sudgy on June 31, 2011, 11:47:46 pm

nkirbit

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #677 on: June 06, 2013, 12:00:55 pm »

I've seen several people saying they would be willing to lynch xeiron.  Why are we stalling when we've passed our soft deadline already?  Let's just lynch somebody!

Because we want to get it right.  Getting it right is more important than a few extra hours.

Also, claiming saved yourself.  We want to give Xeiron the chance to claim.  Even more so since he claimed to have information about yourself, TA, and Eevee.  If we do lynch him, we want to make sure he has a chance to give us that information before he can no longer post.

Why are you rushing this so much?  I agree that we do need to hurry up, but "Let's just lynch someone!" is the absolutely wrong attitude to go about it with.

sudgy

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sudgy
  • It's pronounced "SOO-jee"
    • View Profile
« Reply #678 on: June 06, 2013, 12:22:41 pm »

That's why I mentioned xeiron.  If, at this point, you would be okay with lynching xeiron, why not vote for him?  I've seen a lot of people saying they would be okay with lynching him but not following through with it.
If you're wondering what my avatar is, watch this.

Check out my logic puzzle blog!

Quote from: sudgy on June 31, 2011, 11:47:46 pm

nkirbit

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #679 on: June 06, 2013, 12:23:12 pm »

I would prefer to lynch Lio.  I don't know what that died so suddenly.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #680 on: June 06, 2013, 12:28:42 pm »

I probably deserve some blame for the lio-lynch dying, and my opposition of that road is diminishing as the day progresses.

My flipflop on Xeiron was because I initially viewed them pretty much equally suspect, first Xeiron's miniclaim tipped it into sudgy, and then sudgy's fullclaim had be back to Xeiron. I thought that we wanted a lynch through yesterday, now that we didn't, I agree we might want to consider other options, such as liopoil and EHFW (maybe even raerae?).

I don't know though, determining from completely new options would require some groundwork which I likely won't be able to get done in a timely fashion. My vla really was problematic, sorry guys..

xeiron

• Pearl Diver
    • View Profile
« Reply #681 on: June 06, 2013, 12:34:02 pm »

That's why I mentioned xeiron.  If, at this point, you would be okay with lynching xeiron, why not vote for him?  I've seen a lot of people saying they would be okay with lynching him but not following through with it.

You are probably right that we should try to move towards a lynch again.

I will not lynch anyone else than Sudgy, TA or eevee.

I am not sure yet whether i want to push a Sudgy or TA lynch.
I would prefer not to lynch Eevee. Only if neighter Sudgy or a would be a possibility

nkirbit

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #682 on: June 06, 2013, 12:34:13 pm »

Seems like a twisted lynch wont happend either.
vote: Sudgy

Seems like a twisted lynch wont happend either.
vote: Sudgy

Ummm...  Why are you voting me?  The last thing you've been saying is agreeing with some of MY posts (and others, but this is what I'm stressing), and voting TA.  You never say anything about me.
Thats the thing about lurking. I never said much about anyone...

First, agreing to some of your posts does not make me sure you are town. Scum make good post as well.

The reason I am voting for you is mostly setup speculation. I find it highly likely that at least one of you, TwistedArcher and eevee are scum. I have a town-read on eevee, so I will not vote for him. I would still lynch Twisted if anyone would support me. If not, it has to be you.
I will not elaborate on this topic before a massclaim.

Several people have mentioned scumreads on you, which means there might be more potential for a lyncy that there is on twisted.

So, as Xeiron stated, he had no reason for voting for Sudgy other than the fact that one of Sudgy, Eevee, and TA are scum (by the information he supposedly has).  You wanted TA initially, but there wasn't the support for that, but you went onto Sudgy because the situation seemed to be developing into a decision between Sudgy and yourself.

This is extremely fishy.  Like I said before, if you were truly a scumhunting town, you would share information to make it more believable.  You had independent reasons to think TA was scum, yet you're easily pushed off that vote.  If you had this information, and thought TA was scummy, why did you not bring this forward two days ago or so to give us a chance to push through a TA lynch.  Why did you switch to Sudgy and use this information to justify the switch.  Wouldn't the information justify switching to TA just as easily.

I find it odd that the three players you have information about included both your top scumread and your competition for a lynch.  That's extremely lucky.

All in all, this half-claim is very weak, and I do want you to claim as soon as possible.  To facilitate this, Vote: Xeiron.  If it was my choice, I'd have you claim immediately if you plan to claim.

I still want a Lio lynch most.  But if we're going to get to a point where Xeiron is at L-1, and I think we'll get there, we should do it as quickly as possible.  The hours are ticking away.

I believe this puts Xeiron at L-2.

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #683 on: June 06, 2013, 12:52:36 pm »

Nkirbit - I agree on your observations of xeiron's seemingly arbitrary voting. 

I don't get why you are so strong on lio -
I still want to lynch Lio. It was scummy when he brought up efhws history for no reason. It was scummy when he made reads then couldn't explain them. It was scummy when he said we should choose between myself and TA. Why did that lynch die?

Others I would support a lynch of:  xeiron, raerae, mail mi
I don't find any of these things particularly scummy.  His lurking has been the scummiest thing I've seen from him.  Not explaining reads would be scummy except that was so early in the game. 

This is his post voting TA.  I don't see him asking anyone else to choose a side, and he gives reasons for his own decision. 
Vote: TwistedArcher

I read both of their cases, and while nkirbit's case has a bit of an OMGUS tone, I think that TA's case is really weak. Defending yourself isn't scummy. Ever.

nkirbit

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #684 on: June 06, 2013, 01:08:47 pm »

Not having reads would have been fine. It was weird I me that he knew enough to sort people into scum town or null, but not enough to explain why

That's not the post I was referring to. I'm on my phone now so I can't bring it up, but there was something about him strongly believing that there was a scum between TA and I. Raerae had asked him about it as well

xeiron

• Pearl Diver
    • View Profile
« Reply #685 on: June 06, 2013, 01:13:16 pm »

I am Proteus, a Whispering Lover.

I am lovers with either Silvia or Julia (not told their usernames, only flavornames), and I'm not sure which.  Whoever it is, if one of us two dies, the other does as well.

Each night, I may whisper a message of up to 250 characters to someone else.

Reasons to lynch Sudgy:
  • He have a scummy flavorclaim. Proteus could be scum.
  • I think his role is weak. Almost as if he was hiding some part of it.
  • His claimed power is possible to fake by using a scum QT

Reasons not to lynch Sudgy:
  • The claim is makes sense (regarding flavour, with him wanting to flavour-claim, etc.)
  • It is strange for scum so claim such a scummy character as Proteus
  • We probably want to lynch a single player over a lover-pair.

There is one thing I just keep wondering about.
If Sudgy speaks the truth.
How does the PM of Silvia and Julia look?
Does they say that they may or may not be in love with proteus?
Does one of them say that they are in love with proteus, while the other do not mention it?

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #686 on: June 06, 2013, 01:32:51 pm »

oh, and I felt like I should vote for one of the two, seeing as I think there's a good chance that at least one as scum. I think that perhaps, being brothers, they can read each other better? I know that isn't the case in mcmc-robz, but still.

Then you probably mean this one?

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #687 on: June 06, 2013, 01:33:44 pm »

I would not support a Sudgy lynch.
Did you ever explain this?

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #688 on: June 06, 2013, 01:37:55 pm »

I'm going to choose someone tonight to whisper to (I won't say who), I'll say it was them that did it, then they will say that they did it.

I think xeiron should be lynched, and I've already said that.  He's been lurking, and his posts have been scummy.  We need to hurry up and get SOME lynch through, each hour we waste wastes time.  (Also, Eevee, I don't like blitzing (especially later in the game), it's more rushed and people don't have as much time to think through things, and it's harder to catch up with)

The problem you picking someone, and revealing it tomorrow. Is that you could pick your scum-partner and writing them a message in your scum QT, thus "proving" an ability you don't have.
If you want me to trust your demonstration, we would have to publicly pick one to receive your message, and it should not be eevee or TA, as I find those most likely to be scum-partners with you.

No this is wrong.

If scum sudgy wants to tie himself to a second scum then by all means let him do it!

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #689 on: June 06, 2013, 01:39:37 pm »

We need to move closer to a lynch we are going in circles. Everyone please make one of these lists.

Want to lynch: nkirbit
Would lynch: lio, xeiron, raerae, eevee
Won't lynch: sudgy, mail-mi, efhw, myself

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #690 on: June 06, 2013, 01:40:29 pm »

Woah ignore that. I was missing a page of posts when I wrote that. We are moving somewhere!

But I guess still make the list

xeiron

• Pearl Diver
    • View Profile
« Reply #691 on: June 06, 2013, 01:43:30 pm »

I have decided on vote: TwistedArcher

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #692 on: June 06, 2013, 01:51:01 pm »

Nkirbit - I agree on your observations of xeiron's seemingly arbitrary voting. 

I don't get why you are so strong on lio -
I still want to lynch Lio. It was scummy when he brought up efhws history for no reason. It was scummy when he made reads then couldn't explain them. It was scummy when he said we should choose between myself and TA. Why did that lynch die?

Others I would support a lynch of:  xeiron, raerae, mail mi
I don't find any of these things particularly scummy.  His lurking has been the scummiest thing I've seen from him.  Not explaining reads would be scummy except that was so early in the game. 

This is his post voting TA.  I don't see him asking anyone else to choose a side, and he gives reasons for his own decision. 
Vote: TwistedArcher

I read both of their cases, and while nkirbit's case has a bit of an OMGUS tone, I think that TA's case is really weak. Defending yourself isn't scummy. Ever.

EFHW, for the last time, did you ever read my case on nkirbit??? once again, this is NOT my case. I also called lio out on that being not my case and he agreed.

That seemed more like lio trying to get his vote down on me than him seeing my case as scummy. Do you agree?

Also, all the things nkirbit brought up are DEFINITELY scummy about lio. Why are you defending him here? Your defense of him is so flimsy..

xeiron

• Pearl Diver
    • View Profile
« Reply #693 on: June 06, 2013, 01:56:20 pm »

We need to move closer to a lynch we are going in circles. Everyone please make one of these lists.

TA, I think you never took the time to explain your town read on Sudgy. Could you please do that?

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #694 on: June 06, 2013, 01:58:35 pm »

TA, I think you never took the time to explain your town read on Sudgy. Could you please do that?

While I think his reasons for joining in on my case on Nkirbit were wrong, I think the way he joined on it was much more reasonable. He understood my case, agreed with it, then looked for other reasons why he found Nkirbit scummy in addition to mine. Regardless of how correct I thought his reasons were, this was a much less scummy way of joining a wagon than what anyone else did.

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #695 on: June 06, 2013, 02:00:23 pm »

Anyone not voting should place their vote ASAP. This includes EFHW and Eevee at least, and probably a few others I'm missing. Mail-mi as well, possibly?

Can we have a vote count, please?

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #696 on: June 06, 2013, 02:00:38 pm »

Xeiron, yes or no - do you believe Sudgy's claim?

shraeye

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: shraeye
  • More Graph Theory please
    • View Profile
« Reply #697 on: June 06, 2013, 02:04:10 pm »

Vote Count Act I.XX:

sudgy (1): raerae
xeiron (3): sudgy, Twistedarcher, nkirbit
Twistedarcher (1): xeiron

Not Voting (4): mail-mi, EFHW, liopoil, Eevee

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch.

9 days have passed.

Act I ends on June 11 at 8:30 p.m.

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #698 on: June 06, 2013, 02:08:23 pm »

Thanks Shraeye.

We really do want to get this done tonight. Should we set another soft deadline for tonight?

xeiron

• Pearl Diver
    • View Profile
« Reply #699 on: June 06, 2013, 02:08:44 pm »

Xeiron, yes or no - do you believe Sudgy's claim?
Most of it seems plausible, but I cannot stop thinking that there is something edited/cut out.

Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 75  All

Page created in 0.052 seconds with 16 queries.