Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 75  All

Author Topic: RMM6 Redux - Shakespeare Mafia (Town wins!)  (Read 167665 times)

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
Re: RMM6 Redux - Shakespeare Mafia (Act I)
« Reply #650 on: June 05, 2013, 09:57:21 pm »

EHFW is actually my top suspect for flipping scum
heh, that's a good reason to suspect someone :P

raerae

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: raerae
    • View Profile
« Reply #651 on: June 05, 2013, 09:58:57 pm »

Okay.  So we can just have sudgy whisper someone trustworthy tonight. I would pick eevee.

Are we sure that role is town?

Why do you have SUCH townread on Eevee that you would choose him to be whispered to over everybody else? 

raerae

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #652 on: June 05, 2013, 10:06:39 pm »

raerae is totally lurking reading the 18 f-ing pages we've posted since noon, btw.

FTFY

raerae

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #653 on: June 05, 2013, 10:19:08 pm »

Raerae, you are being uncharacterastically unhelpful in this situation of need for town.

Dude, I was getting caught up.  I'm not magic and can come on and immediately post about everything that has been said in the last eight hours. 

TA's omniposting grates on me and just seems scummy but I thought the same thing when I was reading Pirates so I guess that's a little townread on him based off past experience but scumread based on content.

Lio suggesting sudgy keep his whisper friend a secret was super townie.

I still support an EFHW lynch and will gather that together in more than one sentence soon.

kermit seems to be jumping around a lot (HA!) so I'm reading a few scum vibes on him. 

sudgy seems shady but that is similar to town sudgy but that's painfully easy to mimic BUT what makes me UNVOTE is how easy his wagon built (plus the claim but this is a catch up post so the unvote would have come before the claim if I had been reading real-time).

Eevee seems townie but I'm suspicious of the people giving him supertown! status...don't really understand that when the guy wasn't around for most of the day.

X has been fabulously absent so I have zero read on him.

Not a lot to go on with mail-mi being v/la.

raerae

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #654 on: June 05, 2013, 11:01:30 pm »

OK, so reread EFHW and forget everything I said.  Her posting hasn't dropped off but the size of her posts has been smaller.  I think she's making reasonable contributions and asking good questions and not being a lemming so mild townread on her.  Damn damn double damn.

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #655 on: June 05, 2013, 11:14:38 pm »

Is Lio someone you'd support lynching still, Raerae?

(btw, I made that suggestion that you found Lio supertowny for before he did, earlier on the same page. I'm sure he came up with it himself as well but it's also plausible he took it from me, but I doubt it).

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #656 on: June 05, 2013, 11:17:20 pm »

Why do people find Eevee towny?

I haven't seen enough from him to call him scummy or towny one way or the other, really.

raerae

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #657 on: June 05, 2013, 11:20:16 pm »

(btw, I made that suggestion that you found Lio supertowny for before he did, earlier on the same page. I'm sure he came up with it himself as well but it's also plausible he took it from me, but I doubt it).

His stuck out to me, did you combine yours with a larger post or something?  Sorry I missed it.

raerae

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #658 on: June 05, 2013, 11:21:08 pm »

Crap, posted too soon.  I'd need to read lio again but right now, no, I wouldn't consider him for lynch.

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #659 on: June 05, 2013, 11:40:41 pm »

His stuck out to me, did you combine yours with a larger post or something?  Sorry I missed it.

631, Lio's was in 647.

If you don't wanna lynch Lio, and Sudgy's not gonna happen, where are you leaning? Soft deadline's passed right now, and we're not close since the Sudgy wagon fell apart.

Nkirbit and Xeiron are my two leading candidates right now. I'm voting Xeiron since it's been made clear to me that Nkirbit's lynch won't fly.

Any direction you're leaning towards? It seems like you don't have strong scum reads from your previous post

raerae

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #660 on: June 05, 2013, 11:46:08 pm »

631, Lio's was in 647.

If you don't wanna lynch Lio, and Sudgy's not gonna happen, where are you leaning? Soft deadline's passed right now, and we're not close since the Sudgy wagon fell apart.

Nkirbit and Xeiron are my two leading candidates right now. I'm voting Xeiron since it's been made clear to me that Nkirbit's lynch won't fly.

Any direction you're leaning towards? It seems like you don't have strong scum reads from your previous post

Yeah, I'm at a loss.  I'll read lio again tomorrow and you have usurped his towncred.  I suppose kermit is next on my list if I had to had to had to pick right now but there's no ctrl+f behind that so I don't know.  I'm going to bed now and will be back tomorrow evening to read lio and kermit.

sudgy

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sudgy
  • It's pronounced "SOO-jee"
    • View Profile
« Reply #661 on: June 06, 2013, 12:22:38 am »

I'm going to choose someone tonight to whisper to (I won't say who), I'll say it was them that did it, then they will say that they did it.

I think xeiron should be lynched, and I've already said that.  He's been lurking, and his posts have been scummy.  We need to hurry up and get SOME lynch through, each hour we waste wastes time.  (Also, Eevee, I don't like blitzing (especially later in the game), it's more rushed and people don't have as much time to think through things, and it's harder to catch up with)
If you're wondering what my avatar is, watch this.

Check out my logic puzzle blog!

Quote from: sudgy on June 31, 2011, 11:47:46 pm

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
« Reply #662 on: June 06, 2013, 05:03:13 am »

I am sososososo sorry all the Internet is crappy in the hotel and this is the first time I've actually been able to see the forums so sorry I'll catch up when (if) I can.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #663 on: June 06, 2013, 06:20:14 am »

I love blitz for exactly that reason, town is genuine anyways and I think that's much harder to fake for scum.

Great to have mailmi back, waiting for your input.

Raerae, I thought you had already read as you insta-answered when your name was mentioned. Its not my place to tell people how to play, but if everyone refused to give reads until the end of the day, we'd never get anywhere.

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #664 on: June 06, 2013, 07:29:04 am »

Eevee, you said you wanted to lynch EFHW. Now that there's a bit of time, can you explain that?

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #665 on: June 06, 2013, 07:51:26 am »

Eevee, you said you wanted to lynch EFHW. Now that there's a bit of time, can you explain that?
I actually said I think she is to me likely to be mafia. I fear I wont be able to make a convincing case.

I can maybe look into it late tonight, but wont for sure have computer access for 10 hours.

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #666 on: June 06, 2013, 09:55:08 am »

Lio, can you answer this?

Ok, so the sooner we lynch, the better.

Lio, what are your reservations with the Xeiron lynch?

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #667 on: June 06, 2013, 10:15:35 am »

Here's a summary of detail since Eevee came back:

Initially, he made Sudgy and Xeiron two of his biggest scum reads. Xeiron was scummy because of the lurker, and then coming in with a scummy opinion on the TA-Nkirbit argument (Eevee's opinion).

We get close to the soft deadline, and Xeiron and Sudgy emerge as the top two candidates. Xeiron soft-claims, and Eevee seems to believe it. Soon afterwards, Eevee makes this post:

Sudgy is going to flip town, I think.
I think Xeiron is town.

EHFW is actually my top suspect for flipping scum, but it's sort of late to start building a late from a scratch.

After Xeiron's soft-claim, but before Sudgy's claim, Eevee believes that Xeiron is town. He also says that our lynch today should be either Xeiron or Sudgy, and no one else.

After Sudgy's claim, Eevee decides that Xeiron should claim as well, and that Sudgy shouldn't be the lynch target.

xeiron please claim before going to sleeps.

Despite his earlier town read, and no information changing on Xeiron (the only thing new was Sudgy's claim), Eevee says he now has intention of lynching Xeiron.

Liopoil, I want xeiron to claim because I have intention of lynching him.

Now, does Sudgy's claim give enough information to switch Xeiron's read? I don't think it should -- if you believed Xeiron's softclaim to be true, and from a towny, before Sudgy's claim, Sudgy's claim shouldn't change anything about that. Yet Eevee went from thinking Xeiron was town to being willing to lynch Xeiron, and wanting Xeiron to claim.

The only defense I can see from Eevee's side is the idea that we NEED a lynch ASAP, and we decided it was going to be Xeiron or Sudgy, and since we shouldn't lynch Sudgy after his claim, we must lynch Xeiron. But is that enough to overturn a town-read on a player (which Eevee had on Xeiron?) I wouldn't ever push the lynch on someone I have a town read on unless it's close to the hard deadline -- even with a soft deadline, I'd be pushing another case (EFHW probably in Eevee's shoes, since he thinks she is most likely to flip scum).

FoS to Eevee for switching from having a town read on Xeiron to being willing to lynch Xeiron and asking for a claim.

xeiron

• Pearl Diver
    • View Profile
« Reply #668 on: June 06, 2013, 10:18:37 am »

I am Proteus, a Whispering Lover.

I am lovers with either Silvia or Julia (not told their usernames, only flavornames), and I'm not sure which.  Whoever it is, if one of us two dies, the other does as well.

Each night, I may whisper a message of up to 250 characters to someone else.

And, sorry guys, I have to get off now for the rest of the night.  :(  Please do not lynch me, and lynch xeiron.

Also, reads are basically (this is very quick) xeiron and nkirbit as scum, raerae as town, and everybody else nul.

I have given his claim some thought.

First thing that comes to my mind is this:

Hey, I've been in several games...

Vote: liopoil for saying something mean!  (ish)

Should we flavor claim?  It hasn't really done much good or bad in the past, so I'm not sure if it should be suggested or not.

Here Sudgy brings up the idea of flavor claiming. This makes sense together with this claim, as he will then find out who he is in love with.
This makes probable that: 1. Sudgy is speaking the truth, or 2. Sudgy had a fakeclaim ready before daystart.

I find this thing about not knowing who you are in love with a little strange, He would have to play blindly if this is true. Not knowing if the next person he lynches will drag him to death.

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #669 on: June 06, 2013, 10:49:43 am »

I am Proteus, a Whispering Lover.

I am lovers with either Silvia or Julia (not told their usernames, only flavornames), and I'm not sure which.  Whoever it is, if one of us two dies, the other does as well.

Each night, I may whisper a message of up to 250 characters to someone else.

And, sorry guys, I have to get off now for the rest of the night.  :(  Please do not lynch me, and lynch xeiron.

Also, reads are basically (this is very quick) xeiron and nkirbit as scum, raerae as town, and everybody else nul.

I have given his claim some thought.

First thing that comes to my mind is this:

Hey, I've been in several games...

Vote: liopoil for saying something mean!  (ish)

Should we flavor claim?  It hasn't really done much good or bad in the past, so I'm not sure if it should be suggested or not.

Here Sudgy brings up the idea of flavor claiming. This makes sense together with this claim, as he will then find out who he is in love with.
This makes probable that: 1. Sudgy is speaking the truth, or 2. Sudgy had a fakeclaim ready before daystart.

I find this thing about not knowing who you are in love with a little strange, He would have to play blindly if this is true. Not knowing if the next person he lynches will drag him to death.

I think, if Sudgy had a fakeclaim, it wouldn't be Proteus. From reading the descriptions, Proteus is not the most "towny" character of the play -- I think, if he had a fakeclaim, it would be Valentine from the same play. So that leads me to believe from your point that his Proteus claim was a real one. The unknown lover is weird...but it makes sense within the play. Man, now I want to go and read this play..

It makes sense, too, that town Sudgy would want to know who he's aligned with. So him being in favor of a claim is explainable, as well. That was, he wouldn't have to play quite as blindly

xeiron

• Pearl Diver
    • View Profile
« Reply #670 on: June 06, 2013, 10:56:20 am »

Here's a summary of detail since Eevee came back:

Initially, he made Sudgy and Xeiron two of his biggest scum reads. Xeiron was scummy because of the lurker, and then coming in with a scummy opinion on the TA-Nkirbit argument (Eevee's opinion).

We get close to the soft deadline, and Xeiron and Sudgy emerge as the top two candidates. Xeiron soft-claims, and Eevee seems to believe it. Soon afterwards, Eevee makes this post:

Sudgy is going to flip town, I think.
I think Xeiron is town.

EHFW is actually my top suspect for flipping scum, but it's sort of late to start building a late from a scratch.

After Xeiron's soft-claim, but before Sudgy's claim, Eevee believes that Xeiron is town. He also says that our lynch today should be either Xeiron or Sudgy, and no one else.

After Sudgy's claim, Eevee decides that Xeiron should claim as well, and that Sudgy shouldn't be the lynch target.

xeiron please claim before going to sleeps.

Despite his earlier town read, and no information changing on Xeiron (the only thing new was Sudgy's claim), Eevee says he now has intention of lynching Xeiron.

Liopoil, I want xeiron to claim because I have intention of lynching him.

Now, does Sudgy's claim give enough information to switch Xeiron's read? I don't think it should -- if you believed Xeiron's softclaim to be true, and from a towny, before Sudgy's claim, Sudgy's claim shouldn't change anything about that. Yet Eevee went from thinking Xeiron was town to being willing to lynch Xeiron, and wanting Xeiron to claim.

The only defense I can see from Eevee's side is the idea that we NEED a lynch ASAP, and we decided it was going to be Xeiron or Sudgy, and since we shouldn't lynch Sudgy after his claim, we must lynch Xeiron. But is that enough to overturn a town-read on a player (which Eevee had on Xeiron?) I wouldn't ever push the lynch on someone I have a town read on unless it's close to the hard deadline -- even with a soft deadline, I'd be pushing another case (EFHW probably in Eevee's shoes, since he thinks she is most likely to flip scum).

FoS to Eevee for switching from having a town read on Xeiron to being willing to lynch Xeiron and asking for a claim.

Eevee's behavior makes totally sense if he recognized his own flavor name in sudgy's claim.

nkirbit

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #671 on: June 06, 2013, 11:02:27 am »

Keep in mind, ash made 13 roles. It's possible he provided the extras to scum as possible fake claims

nkirbit

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #672 on: June 06, 2013, 11:04:47 am »

I still want to lynch Lio. It was scummy when he brought up efhws history for no reason. It was scummy when he made reads then couldn't explain them. It was scummy when he said we should choose between myself and TA. Why did that lynch die?

Others I would support a lynch of:  xeiron, raerae, mail mi

nkirbit

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #673 on: June 06, 2013, 11:06:35 am »

Raerae, I think eevee is town because of how he was contributing. He came back and was clearly focused on getting a lunch done, putting in effort. In his activity yesterday I saw more research from him than about a third of the players had all game.  He's still not obvtown, but my top town read.

TA does raise a good point, though

xeiron

• Pearl Diver
    • View Profile
« Reply #674 on: June 06, 2013, 11:36:17 am »

I'm going to choose someone tonight to whisper to (I won't say who), I'll say it was them that did it, then they will say that they did it.

I think xeiron should be lynched, and I've already said that.  He's been lurking, and his posts have been scummy.  We need to hurry up and get SOME lynch through, each hour we waste wastes time.  (Also, Eevee, I don't like blitzing (especially later in the game), it's more rushed and people don't have as much time to think through things, and it's harder to catch up with)

The problem you picking someone, and revealing it tomorrow. Is that you could pick your scum-partner and writing them a message in your scum QT, thus "proving" an ability you don't have.
If you want me to trust your demonstration, we would have to publicly pick one to receive your message, and it should not be eevee or TA, as I find those most likely to be scum-partners with you.
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 75  All

Page created in 0.082 seconds with 21 queries.