Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 75  All

Author Topic: RMM6 Redux - Shakespeare Mafia (Town wins!)  (Read 169757 times)

nkirbit

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
Re: RMM6 Redux - Shakespeare Mafia (Act I)
« Reply #325 on: June 03, 2013, 09:37:11 pm »

This is exactly what I mean about being reactive, rather than proactive. Town members WANT to find scum and lynch them. In order to win, we need to hunt down scum, and convince the majority of the players that their read is the correct one. Townies should trust themselves more than anyone else.

The bolded sentence doesn't make sense to me. Eevee, EFHW, and Xeiron, 3 people who Nkirbit said were slightly scum to him, were not anywhere near a lynch.

Scum are more likely to worry about a mislynch than town. Scum doesn't want to be on the wrong mislynch, as it's potentially incriminating. Town should be more concerned with lynching correctly, rather than avoiding mislynches.

I have heavily supported two bandwagons in my mafia career.  Both were townies, and I hammered one of them.  I don't think it's unreasonable for me to be worried about a mislynch.

Also, I stated at the time that my top scumread was Lio, and he's the player I spent the most time discussing.  But I couldn't vote for him at the time for reasons discussed earlier.  There's no way in hell I'm going to vote for a player who wasn't my top scumread, unless there's an impending deadline and my top read is not happening.  Anyway, two of the other three players were V/LA at the time.  I don't know what a vote on them would have accomplished.

No, I’d prefer you to build a case. Stating a scum read on someone is not building a case. You’re letting others form their own conclusions, which you then hope that they’ll be accountable for. It’s very easy to build a case, have people bandwagon that case, and then state “Yeah I thought it was scummy, but I wasn’t in favor of that lynch!” Once again, I think this is cautious play by scum afraid of being caught driving a bandwagon on a town member.

What on earth are you talking about?  A case is "Here's player X, I think he's scummy for reasons Y and Z, and I'm fairly sure Y and Z are scummy, so vote for him!"  What I said was "Here's player X, I think he's slightly scummy for reasons Y and Z [but I'm not sure so I'm not going to ask you to vote at this point].  The reason I didn't build strong cases on these players is because I looked and I didn't find one.  Perhaps I should have made one up, would that have satisfied you?

The lack of proactiveness is in light of your other posts, many of which have opinions, but opinions that you're afraid to throw your weight behind. Yes, I haven't been that much more proactive than you, but I was willing to throw a vote on Lio for something I saw scummy, as was Raerae (which I find her towny for). You found him scummy, but didn't vote, and then changed your opinion (If you're town, it's truly cause you think it's a scum-driven wagon, but I believe it's a scum trying to gain town cred).

I don't think it's fair at all to criticize me for not voting lio.  I was considering it, and hadn't yet made a decision whether I would or not, but by the time I would have, raerae put lio at L-2 and we agreed we should not put him to L-1 at that point.  You keep bringing this point up, but ignore this circumstance.  Why?  Would you have preferred me to put Lio to L-1?

As to switching away from Lio:  They felt like town wagons to me.  I can't say specifically why, but if you look at Mean Girls, you should be able to find why I think that.  I wish I could elaborate more on this, but I can't.

I'm not reading into Xeiron's vote, and I think Sudgy's was RVS, as well. If you are saying that between #210, where EFHW's suspicion was, and between my case, we had three different players pronounce you as a town read. If you think I'm scum going for an easy mislynch, do you really think I'd pick you? I think you are scum, which is why I brought up the case.

I suppose this is fair enough.

The case wasn't on a lack of contribution -- it was a lack of contribution to scumhunting in light of all of your other posts. Making reads, but not throwing your weight behind them, is something that I find scummy in you.

But I haven't been scumhunting less than you!  If you believe that's the case based on you and raerae voting for lio before I had a chance to, I think that's quite the stretch.

Your list of reads, and your vote changing on Liopoil, alerted me. I had originally thought that you WERE proactive, as you were getting your views out there. But as time moved on and you didn't place your vote anywhere, even on one of your scum reads, or attempt to build a case at all, I got curious.

Before your case on me, I challenge you to find one post where you built a case to a larger extent I did.  I'll give you a hint.  It's not there.

It's not a guess -- I know you pretty well! I may be wrong, but I don't think I am.

You are very active, but less proactive. As I stated above, I was fooled at first, but when I went back and re-read you, my view changed.

You're simply wrong.  I am not less proactive.

Because it's not the main reason I find you scummy. Yes, I forgot about it, as it wasn't my main point. I want a short, to-the-point case, that drives the main points home (which I failed at in this post, heh).

I'll help you out here.
TA's case on me is that I have not been proactive.

raerae

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: raerae
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: June 03, 2013, 09:37:37 pm »

Raerae, can you post a list of your reads, please? I feel as though you've been in the position of asking questions rather than answering them.

How do you feel about Nkirbit's and Eevee's arguments that Lio is town because so many people were willing to vote him?

I post reads at the end of the day, not before.  I ask questions to form those reads and I'll answer question asked of me but the thing is, I've been the only one asking questions so...exactly how am I to answer them if they haven't been asked?

I didn't find their arguments convincing which is why my vote is still on lio.  As scum I bused D1 and in a later day, it isn't unusual and with me vehemently opposed to putting him at L-1, scum could sit back and "support" the lynch if they weren't already on it.

nkirbit

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: June 03, 2013, 09:43:07 pm »

Raerae, can you post a list of your reads, please? I feel as though you've been in the position of asking questions rather than answering them.

How do you feel about Nkirbit's and Eevee's arguments that Lio is town because so many people were willing to vote him?

For what it's worth:  I still have a scumread on Lio, as I've stated.  I was simply uneasy with the wagon.  I may be mistaken, and wanted to hear comments on what other people thought about the issue.  Eevee agreed, and TA disagreed.  But my read on Lio himself is still slightly scummy.

raerae

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: raerae
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: June 03, 2013, 09:45:34 pm »

Speaking of Eevee...

DUDE!!  WHERE ARE YOU????

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: June 03, 2013, 09:49:33 pm »

Vote: TwistedArcher

I read both of their cases, and while nkirbit's case has a bit of an OMGUS tone, I think that TA's case is really weak. Defending yourself isn't scummy. Ever.

oh yeah, your case was about how he isn't being confident in his reads or pushing them and stuff. I gotta disagree there, he's been much more active than many others. And you say he's been sorta inconsistant and backing off of stuff. I think he explained not pushing the case on me much very well. And changing your mind isn't always scummy, and I don't think it is here. He's grasping onto anything of any material at all, which is good at this point D1. many of those such things don't pan out at this point.

Hmmm, I might go for a sudgy lynch, not sure. I'll take a closer look soon.

So...you found me scummy for one reason (nkirbit defending himself isn't scummy), realized that was Sudgy but not me, then came up with another reason why I'm scummy?

nkirbit

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #330 on: June 03, 2013, 09:49:51 pm »

I had stuff to say about his case, so I said that.  And while defending myself, I started to feel like he was scummy, so I looked into it, realized that he's probably scum, and worked to convince other players about it.

I had never pushed a case like this before because I had never felt as strongly about a player being scum as I do about TA now.

Do you have a case on me other than that my case on you is (your words) terrible?

Perhaps terrible was a bad word choice here.  More accurately, my issue is that your case is extremely vague.  I think you could have made the SAME EXACT CASE about Lio, for instance.  I find it troubling when a player makes a case that could be used on several player, yet uses it to reach the conclusion that a particular player is scummy.

nkirbit

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: June 03, 2013, 09:52:14 pm »

Also, what?  Why?  If you said this, you must have a reason.  What is it?  This seems completely out of left field.

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: June 03, 2013, 09:52:59 pm »

Also, what?  Why?  If you said this, you must have a reason.  What is it?  This seems completely out of left field.

Because he found my reasoning for the case no you scummy, then realized it was Sudgy's reasoning, not mine.

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: June 03, 2013, 09:55:52 pm »

I had stuff to say about his case, so I said that.  And while defending myself, I started to feel like he was scummy, so I looked into it, realized that he's probably scum, and worked to convince other players about it.

I had never pushed a case like this before because I had never felt as strongly about a player being scum as I do about TA now.

Do you have a case on me other than that my case on you is (your words) terrible?

Perhaps terrible was a bad word choice here.  More accurately, my issue is that your case is extremely vague.  I think you could have made the SAME EXACT CASE about Lio, for instance.  I find it troubling when a player makes a case that could be used on several player, yet uses it to reach the conclusion that a particular player is scummy.

No, I couldn't have. Just went back and looked -- Lio has one post early on where he calls people "slightslightslight" town/scum (admittedly, you had slight reads, rather than real reads, as well). Yet he doesn't have any instances of calling someone scummy with an extended reason, and then not placing his vote there.

I don't think there's anyone else in this game who would fit in my case. You are by far the most egregious offender of throwing your opinion around yet being afraid to throw your vote around.

nkirbit

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: June 03, 2013, 09:57:43 pm »

Okay.  Apart from me not voting for Lio that one time, do you have any issues with me not voting?

Also, keep in mind, I started my reads post saying "I don't feel like typing slight eight times, so keep in mind all of these reads are slight". 

nkirbit

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: June 03, 2013, 10:00:42 pm »

Lio's reasoning for his reads was "they were based on hardly anything."  He couldn't even explain his reads!  I find it hard to believe you actually prefer that to what Lio did.

You know, before we had this talk, I was convinced you were scum.  Now I'm much less sure.  How does your read on me feel now that I've answered some of your questions?

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: June 03, 2013, 10:04:18 pm »

So, yeah, I haven't reallly formed reads. I will do so tommorow. I'll explain the sudgy thing then. I'll make a big post and stuff.

nkirbit

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: June 03, 2013, 10:04:41 pm »

I do want to look at Lio as a possible scum again, given the weakening of my view.

oh, and I felt like I should vote for one of the two, seeing as I think there's a good chance that at least one as scum. I think that perhaps, being brothers, they can read each other better? I know that isn't the case in mcmc-robz, but still.

This post in particular is very troubling to me.  Lio here is pretty much saying that he wants this argument between us to continue.  If you turn out to be town, this raises a lot of alarms.  It's also troubling how he responded to the wrong player's argument.  Sudgy had already supported you, so it's possible he was looking for a reason to side with me to keep the tables even.  It may be that he wants this argument to continue for as long as possible by making sure it looks like both sides have support.

In fact

Vote: Liopoil

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: June 03, 2013, 10:05:24 pm »

Lio's reasoning for his reads was "they were based on hardly anything."  He couldn't even explain his reads!  I find it hard to believe you actually prefer that to what Lio did.

You know, before we had this talk, I was convinced you were scum.  Now I'm much less sure.  How does your read on me feel now that I've answered some of your questions?

Sorry, I don't understand this. Lio's reads were based on nothing. I prefer reads based on nothing to what Lio did? What did Lio do, can you clarify?

I still have a scum read on you

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: June 03, 2013, 10:06:36 pm »

I find TA's and sudgy's cases weak, and both of them scummy for presenting them and voting based on them.

What about my case do you find weak?

nkirbit

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: June 03, 2013, 10:07:10 pm »

I just found it odd that Lio was able to sort players into scum/null/town categories but had no explanation for why he was able to do so.  If you can't explain it, why isn't that player null?

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: June 03, 2013, 10:07:47 pm »

Unvote until I've taken a closer look. Not fair to TA to keep my vote on him before having done my reading.

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: June 03, 2013, 10:08:10 pm »

I just found it odd that Lio was able to sort players into scum/null/town categories but had no explanation for why he was able to do so.  If you can't explain it, why isn't that player null?

I also thought it was weird, especially that he had you as a null read, and called him out on it.

Agree that Lio's post that you just quoted is troubling..but he's still behind you as my top read

nkirbit

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: June 03, 2013, 10:10:47 pm »

Okay.  Apart from me not voting for Lio that one time, do you have any issues with me not voting?

Could you please answer this?  I feel like I've asked a question related to this issue five times and you have yet to answer.

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: June 03, 2013, 10:15:50 pm »

Could you please answer this?  I feel like I've asked a question related to this issue five times and you have yet to answer.

Yes. While I disagree with your reasoning for finding Lio's wagon more likely to make him a towny, I do think it's understandable why you wouldn't bring him to L-1. I think it's weird that you had 3 other scum reads (Xeiron, Eevee...EFHW I think?) yet didn't attempt to vote them, or look closer into whether or not they are scum. Your first vote was on me, which you could easily justify as town (but I know his case is ridiculous!). I think you've been biding your time looking for the correct wagon, or hoping one would form on a towny that would go through without you.

nkirbit

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #345 on: June 03, 2013, 10:22:42 pm »

I didn't consider Eevee and Xeiron as viable voting options because they were V/LA.  We weren't close to a deadline, and you can't pressure a player who isn't there.  And my main reason for suspecting them was due to lack of activity.

As for EFHW... she wasn't my top read.  I had one supporting argument that I thought felt out of place, but it wasn't particularly strong, and I just didn't vote at that point.  I didn't see any compelling reason why I should vote for my second highest scum read when it was a very slight read to start with.

nkirbit

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: June 03, 2013, 10:26:27 pm »

If you excuse my earlier non-vote for Lio, here is my voting activity this game:

(Vote: Lio), Vote: TA  Vote: Lio  - Very recent.

and yours:

Vote: Lio  Vote: Nkirbit.

Again, you are finding me scummy for not meeting criteria that you yourself do not meet.  Do you see why I think you're being unfair?

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: June 03, 2013, 10:32:55 pm »

If you excuse my earlier non-vote for Lio, here is my voting activity this game:

(Vote: Lio), Vote: TA  Vote: Lio  - Very recent.

and yours:

Vote: Lio  Vote: Nkirbit.

Again, you are finding me scummy for not meeting criteria that you yourself do not meet.  Do you see why I think you're being unfair?

Yes I can, but context matters, also. I'm not talking about number of votes, I'm talking about reads unsupported by votes.

I think the fact that you're attempting to discredit my case rather than defend yourself speaks volumes, as well.

nkirbit

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: June 03, 2013, 10:35:24 pm »

What does it say other than the fact that I think your case doesn't do a good job of making me scummy?

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: June 03, 2013, 10:36:12 pm »

That you think you're scum caught for the wrong reasons, maybe.

Idk, we're beating a dead horse at this point. I'd love for others to weigh in.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 75  All

Page created in 0.049 seconds with 16 queries.