Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 56  All

Author Topic: BMIX: Conspiracy Theories, London Edition (Game Over, Conspiracy Theorists Win?)  (Read 118221 times)

Axxle

• Torturer
  • Most Valuable Serial Killer
    • View Profile
Re: BMIX: Conspiracy Theories, London Edition (Day 6)
« Reply #1300 on: May 06, 2013, 06:16:36 pm »

Why a "probably bad" over a werewolf?
Or I should say "probably probably bad"
We might be from all over the world, but "we all talk this one language  : +1 card + 1 action +1 buy , gain , discard, trash... " - RTT

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1301 on: May 06, 2013, 06:24:07 pm »

Okay, so there were two scenarios: the CT are pro-MH (us), or: the CT are anti-us. if the CT are pro-MH we win no matter who we kill as long as it isn't a MH. if the CT are anti-MH then killing dsell might not result in a win for us. killing robz insured we win no matter what the alignment of the CT. from your perspective right now axxle: you win if you are aligned with us because we just lynch dsell. if you aren't aligned with us then you lose because we will no lynch and then kill you in the night.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1302 on: May 06, 2013, 06:24:38 pm »

Why a "probably bad" over a werewolf?
Because we new we would win even if he died.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1303 on: May 06, 2013, 06:44:49 pm »

And now I have no idea if I can trust you or not.
Vote: No lynch
We might be from all over the world, but "we all talk this one language  : +1 card + 1 action +1 buy , gain , discard, trash... " - RTT

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1304 on: May 06, 2013, 06:47:31 pm »

That's right, you don't. however, if it is the case that you can't trust us, we will no lynch, and then nightkill you. what is your win condition?

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1305 on: May 06, 2013, 06:50:59 pm »

Vote: mail-mi
Now you're just trying to bully me into giving you the win.

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1306 on: May 06, 2013, 07:02:36 pm »

At this point I'm having trouble seeing how we could lose, however, it's a bastard game, so who knows. anyway, if you aren't going to vote for dsell, I'll vote no lynch. or maybe... dsell, are you willing to lynch axxle?

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1307 on: May 06, 2013, 07:30:26 pm »

It was not clear what had happened at first, but there was a body when the smoke cleared: liopoil has died; he was a Town Watcher!  He was shot by, of all weird things, a regular old pistol.

This new development was somewhat inconvenient, given that the town council was in the middle of a vote to mete out another bitter serving of lethal justice.  Nonetheless, the people of London had become inured to such random acts of violence, even if there was no ready explanation as to the source.  liopoil's votes were stricken from the record, and the bureaucratic machine continued unabated.

Thus the executioner stepped forward, now armed with an Axxle.  He swung the weapon down.

mail-mi has been lynched.  He was a Town Voyeur!

In the end, the council had cannibalized itself of its own players.  Only Axxle and Dsell remained.  Dsell had already admitted to being a Werewolf, but Axxle would have been suspicious even if he had not.  Such was his nature, as one of the original Conspiracy Theorists

And Axxle had the only gun left in the town.  For all his skill at Wire Tapping, Dsell had no means remaining to defend himself.  The next day, Axxle would finish off Dsell, a.k.a. Dick Cheney, Werewolf Wire-Tapping Seer and 1-Shotgun Vigilante.

Dsspite an inordinate amount of bloodshed over the last several days, the town was certainly free of monsters by now.  The remaining villagers were unimportant; even the most paranoid person would trust that they were human.  The simplest proof was that they were mere NPCs that only existed in flavour paragraphs.

So it was that Axxle could at last rest easy.  The town of London was safe at last.

Vote Count 6.2

Dsell (1): liopoil
mail-mi (2): Dsell, Axxle

With 3 alive, it takes 2 to lynch.

GAME OVER!  Conspiracy Theorists Win! WEREWOLVES win!
« Last Edit: May 06, 2013, 08:49:06 pm by eHalcyon »

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile

Did I win?

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile

I am compiling everything together for an info post now, but feel free to speculate.  There was some real bastardry afoot though. :)

spiritbears

• Salvager
    • View Profile
    • Spirit Bears on Bandcamp

Nice job Addis!!!! Very well played!
CT all the way!!!
Postpunk Noisegazr Shoegazing Punks [whathe]Spirit Bears on Faith Cannon Records.  confusing and confounding since 05

spiritbears

• Salvager
    • View Profile

Axxle not Addis
Postpunk Noisegazr Shoegazing Punks [whathe]Spirit Bears on Faith Cannon Records.  confusing and confounding since 05

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile

Butbut why did I die? :(  and it seems that my wincon has been satisfied as well. all threats to the town have been eliminated right?

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile

I think I'll let eHalc explain.

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile

Yuma did you kill me? would we  have won if we had killed dsell? :(

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile

CT all the way!!!
Whew, thanks!
I didn't realize there was a way for us to win till the end there since I misread something.

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile

Mod Notes, containing my random thoughts as the game progressed, as well as the flavour sent privately to certain players each night.  For your amusement.

QTs for everyone else (OPs contain their role descriptions):

Monster Hunters HQ, belonging to Robz, lio and sparky/mail-mi

Conspiracy Theorists HQ, belonging to jotheonah, Razzishi, spiritbears, Axxle and Axxle2, and also to Robz888 near the end.
Conspiracy Theorists Regroup, after Razz became untrustworthy.

Werewolf Den (of Love), belonging to Eevee and Archetype, and later Razzishi.

Werewolf Den (of Hearty Grog), belonging to mcmcsalot and Jorbles, later Morgrim/Jorgrim.

Neighborhood Tavern, run by mcmcsalot and Jorbles/Morgrim/Jorgrim, later opened to Robz.

Morgrim's Cottage
ashersky's Cottage
Galzria's Cottage
Dick Cheney's Cottage (Dsell, actually)

Graveyard/Speccy
Graveyard Nouveau to omit Jorgrim from discussion.

I think that's all the QTs.  For people who don't want to sift through mod notes, I am now going to write a recap of what the heck happened...

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile

I think that's all the QTs.  For people who don't want to sift through mod notes, I am now going to write a recap of what the heck happened...

Don't forget my very important role!

spiritbears

• Salvager
    • View Profile

CT all the way!!!
Whew, thanks!
I didn't realize there was a way for us to win till the end there since I misread something.
I know.  I wanted so badly to prompt you!

spiritbears

• Salvager
    • View Profile

I really can't believe we won after Raz spilled the beans and almost got us eliminated!
Very nice comeback I'd say!

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile

Woah, hold up. you're trying to tell me that I lost... because the bastard mod took a bastard role and changed it in the middle of the game to make it even more bastard... (reffering to the CT kill that ehalc decided to make work during the DAY). If it only worked at night we would have won.

spiritbears

• Salvager
    • View Profile

Best qt post ever galz:

Kill SpiritBears
Jail SpiritBears
Roleblock SpiritBears
Track SpiritBears
Watch SpiritBears
Convert SpiritBears
Bus Robz888 & SpiritBears
SK Cop SpiritBears
Vampire Cop SpiritBears
Mummy Cop SpiritBears
Mafia Cop SpiritBears
Werewolf Cop SpiritBears
Cop SpiritBears
Cheese Cop SpiritBears
Zombie Cop SpiritBears
Use Godfather
Use Commute

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile

Let me preface this by saying that my goal as bastard mod was to keep as many factions in contention as possible by manipulating events and even adjusting powers.  Yeah.  Bastard!

Some of my original plans got thrown for a loop when Razzishi exposed a bunch of secrets and then everyone inexplicably full claimed HONESTLY.  Seriously, I don't think anyone really lied on day 3.  But anyway...

At game start, there were 3 townies who were styled as "Monster Hunters".  They were masons, had a group-directed night kill, and they each had a power (Watcher, Tracker, Voyeur).  And as people kind of realized, they were scum in all but name.  Note that Robz was also secretly a Werewolf Miller -- that is, he was town-aligned but he would appear as a Werewolf to investigations and on flip.  Robz was informed but forbidden from speaking about it.  Note that this was actually a GOOD power for them -- it actually meant that Robz was basically a Godfather.

There was also a group of Conspiracy Theorists.  Their main power was numbers and full day/night chat.  In the original plan they were supposed to have one extra player.  Since we weren't filling up, I just gave them a 1-shot revive instead.  They also had some powers that would manifest as the faction grew smaller.  An important note is that they would flip as whatever I wanted them to flip.  Razzishi exposed this, but it was forgotten.  There were no Zombies or Vampires in the game at all.

Perhaps most important is that one CT had to die every day/night cycle.  If there would be no death, I chose one to kill (which could be doctored).

Everyone else was a Werewolf.  There were quite a few packets of werewolves that could talk to each other.  There were two pairs of lovers.  One had the bulletproof/unlynchable combination (plus neighborizing, which could have put them in touch with another werewolf) while the other was "polyamorous", recruiting a third and giving the group a sort of "extra life".

Day 1 saw Morgrim lynched.  I flipped him as a Jester because it was April Fools day.  I would let him use his power after death though -- he could hammer to steal somebody's power.  Thus I hid his true flip after revealing the initial deception.

As a bonus, pretty much everyone got some flavour about the drunken coroner.  This was all meaningless flavour though.

For the record, the MHs used their investigative powers every night but only saw something interesting on the first night, when Robz saw Arche target Razzishi (with a Recruit, though they did not learn THAT).

Night 1, the MHs tried to shoot Morgrim, who was already dead.  No CT had died or was going to die on d1/n1, so I killed off Axxle2.  Dsell investigated Robz and found that he was a Werewolf (due to Robz being a miller).  Eevee/Arche recruited Razzishi, which sparked some thoughts from me.  My thoughts on that are in post #19 of the Mod Notes QT.  In short, I figured Razzishi would play both sides.  That would have been the best way to win, IMO... but Razz ended up turning against the CTs entirely!  It was unexpected, but it made d3 really exciting.  But we are getting ahead of ourselves.

Oh, also, the recruitment flavour written for Arche and Razz is some of the creepiest stuff I have ever written.

Day 2 resulted in Jorbles getting lynched, with Morgrim successfully swooping in for the hammer.  Morgrim thus took Jorbles' role of being an unlynchable lover with mcmcs.  But since Jorbs was unlynchable, he survived.  Thematically, this left Morgrim as an unrequited lover.  mcmcs' death would kill Morgrim, but Morgrim's death would not kill Jorbs (at this point).

Night 2 saw Jorbles victimized by the MHs.  This left a void in mcmcs' life, allowing Morgrim to fill it.  Thus Morgrim and mcmcs became full-fledged lovers, as if Morg had replaced Jorbles.

Also, mcmc neighborized Robz.  Other actions (investigations, doctoring, etc.) did not really matter.  Uh, I guess it semi-matters that Dsell copped spiritbears and got a "town result", as that result could have been anything.

Oh, and I set jotheonah to die for the CTs, but he was doctored by Galz.

Day 3 was kind of crazy with Razzishi revealing a lot, and then everyone came out and claimed with surprising honesty.  I thought the MHs were screwed at this point -- why in the world would the werewolves NOT realize that MONSTER HUNTERS were a threat to them?  But somehow the CTs were the ones that got heat.  jotheonah was lynched.

At this point, the Werewolves looked lke they should be in control and the CTs were in huge trouble.  As per my batard mod goal, I buffed the CTs a bit.  I gave them a fresh QT without the traitorous Razzishi and buffed them slightly by allowing them to use some of their powers during the DAY, once they had those powers.

I also decided to allow the MHs and the CTs to win together, if it came to that.  In the end it turned out that they did not so much need the help against the werewolves, but it didn't come into play anyway.  I hinted at this joined wincon by noting that the MHs would "leave town" once the monsters were eliminated, which did not conflict with the CT wincon that only they remain.

In the end, since none of the MHs survived, they did not win.

Night 3 features a mod mistake, but oh well.  Masons killed Eevee and I chose Razz as the nightly CT kill, which also killed off Archetype because both his lovers had died.  This was the mistake -- jotheonah had died during the day, so I was not supposed to kill a CT that night.  My bad.  I'd had enough of the relative lack of deaths so far and wanted to see some carnage.  Hmm, looking back, this was perhaps overly harsh on the werewolves.  I am a bastard.  :P  But hey... I let them recruit Razz in the first place, so I guess that balances out?

Day 4 had an interesting gambit from ashersky which I think was a mistake.  It would have been better to force the MHs to waste a NK on him, rather than handing them a free death by lynch.  But in the end, ash was lynched and he vengekilled Robz.

Night 4 was when the MHs finally killed Galz.  spiritbears died to Dsell's shotgun (and I was surprised that he went for sb instead of an MH).  The CTs also revived Robz.

Day 5 was a quick day where mcmc was lynched, which also killed off Jorgrim.

Night 5 was fun in that the MHs did not trust Robz and shot him... exactly as I intended.

Day 6 was fun in that Axxle used his newly available kill to shoot liopoil and insta-hammer mail-mi (even though killing Dsell would have given them a joint win, he certainly didn't know that).

And thus the CTs won, because Dsell had no NK and Axxle would have a kill available the next day.

OR WAIT!

As Axxle pointed out (and which I had forgotten), this would not have happened.  Axxle would have had to die as per CT rules, and Dsell would have been last one standing.  Thus Werewolves would have won... unless Axxle used his remaining reincarnation power, which he professes he would not have done.  But who knows?
« Last Edit: May 06, 2013, 08:53:26 pm by eHalcyon »

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile

All the theme songs were chosen just for fun.

"You Give Love a Bad Name" was a thematic fit with the single Lover death.
The a capella medley was chosen because it matched the makeup of the town, not to mention it included "Werewolves of London", which was the sole reason I named the town London anyway.
Alison Brie's freestyle rap talks about dying by Werewolf.
That last song is about how many ways there are to die, which got in just in time before a daykill.

Everything involving yuma was meaningless.  ;)

And yeah, in the end it was more bastardly than I'd intended.  But I hope you guys enjoyed it.

What are your thoughts on the most basic idea of the game, which was to have a town of unknown werewolves vs. a small group of townies with a NK?  I added the CTs in to try to hide the setup.  If there was only one NK each night and it was just theirs, the townies would figure it all out soon enough.  If everyone flipped werewolf, the werewolves would realize something was up.

In the end, Razzishi made it moot. :P

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile

Night 3 features a mod mistake, but oh well.  Masons killed Eevee and I chose Razz as the nightly CT kill, which also killed off Archetype because both his lovers had died.  This was the mistake -- jotheonah had died during the day, so I was not supposed to kill a CT that night.  My bad.  I'd had enough of the relative lack of deaths so far and wanted to see some carnage.  Hmm, looking back, this was perhaps overly harsh on the werewolves.  I am a bastard.  :P  But hey... I let them recruit Razz in the first place, so I guess that balances out?

Not very fun for our QT, that!
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 56  All

Page created in 0.05 seconds with 21 queries.