Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 106  All

Author Topic: Mafia XXII: Bankers Beware -- GAME OVER, SCUM WIN  (Read 225613 times)

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia XXII: Bankers Beware (Day 3)
« Reply #1600 on: April 14, 2013, 11:17:01 am »

I'm not going to tell you that you shouldn't read anything into interactions like "What sort of response did Robz give X when X did Y?" But... there is a lot for me to keep track of this game, and I have been and certainly will be again inconsistent in how I deal with two players doing the same thing, regardless of alignment.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

Jorbles

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1601 on: April 14, 2013, 12:36:47 pm »

The Oracle should not claim unless claiming actually stops a lynch they know is wrong (so if they got two townies they should stay silent unless those people are being lynched.) or if they found scum, wait to watch intections.

This is kinda were I was going, however, because apparently the oracle is a 1-shot there are no more opportunities for the power to be used during the night. And we don't want the oracle to go to his grave via NK with the information that he has been given--and given the amount of people that have discussed this I think mafia might have a reasonable chance of hitting him tonight--therefore it is probably best that the oracle claim before this day is over. Or at least everyone should make a list of scum to town (the oracle could put the two he investigated as the most town) so that if the oracle does die during the night we can go back and reference that and not lose that valuable info?

And you a right claiming oracle does not guarantee town and that is something we will have to take into consideration, but I regardless of the oracle's alignment I would be more inclined to give townie status to those that were investigated. However, my bet is that if scum bought the oracle, they just won't claim it and won't have used it and just stashed it away to keep it from town.

If the player who bought Oracle dies at night how would we know? We haven't found out what items other people have bought when they died at night. Unless there's something about the Oracle that I don't understand. I haven't seen any items that say they'll show up when I die.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1602 on: April 14, 2013, 12:37:47 pm »

The Oracle should not claim unless claiming actually stops a lynch they know is wrong (so if they got two townies they should stay silent unless those people are being lynched.) or if they found scum, wait to watch intections.

This is kinda were I was going, however, because apparently the oracle is a 1-shot there are no more opportunities for the power to be used during the night. And we don't want the oracle to go to his grave via NK with the information that he has been given--and given the amount of people that have discussed this I think mafia might have a reasonable chance of hitting him tonight--therefore it is probably best that the oracle claim before this day is over. Or at least everyone should make a list of scum to town (the oracle could put the two he investigated as the most town) so that if the oracle does die during the night we can go back and reference that and not lose that valuable info?

And you a right claiming oracle does not guarantee town and that is something we will have to take into consideration, but I regardless of the oracle's alignment I would be more inclined to give townie status to those that were investigated. However, my bet is that if scum bought the oracle, they just won't claim it and won't have used it and just stashed it away to keep it from town.

If the player who bought Oracle dies at night how would we know? We haven't found out what items other people have bought when they died at night. Unless there's something about the Oracle that I don't understand. I haven't seen any items that say they'll show up when I die.

you are right, I overlooked that. Oracle should claim today before the day ends then, if they used that power tonight. We don't want to lose that information!

raerae

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: raerae
    • View Profile
« Reply #1603 on: April 14, 2013, 03:47:49 pm »

Hi guys, internet is finally back up so I'm ready to go.  I'll be rereading a bit, mcmc seems off to me the more he posts so he'll be one of my rereads and Lekkit will probably be another.  I've been following along on my phone but always do better with a computer so it may be awhile.  I'll try to have something up later tonight.

Ozle

• Cartographer
  • Sorry, this text is personal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1604 on: April 14, 2013, 06:07:30 pm »

Im interested in this scheme mcmc has to seemingly make IC's...as long as it makes more than a couple.....although interested to know why it wasnt brought up before...but I suppose I can withold judgement on that part for now...
Try the Ozle Google Map Challenge!
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=7466.0

Sullying players Enjoyment of Innovation since 2013 Apparently!

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #1605 on: April 14, 2013, 06:25:17 pm »

Yes.....paraphrasing Mod response of course

"Robz, can I move into the Red Room please"
"The Red Room is a Captured Vault where the scum nightkill players go, you do not have the right equipment to go there"

So obviously there is something out there that lets town go into those rooms (Opening post says scum can always see the QT's of those rooms, I thought it might be handy if someone in town had that access as well, as implied by the first post)

Again, none of this is really new information, all mentioned in the opening posts, apart from possibly the fact that town players need an item to get in there, but I've not seen one yet.

thanks, the reason I asked is that when I entered a room that was next to a red one a while back I immediately received a PM from Robz explaining what was in the room I was currently in as well as saying that I wasn't able to go into the Red Room. What I found curious is that it appears that you attempted to go into the room and then received the response from Robz whereas I just received an immediate response saying I couldn't go in w/o my even asking to do so.

However, from what you said it appears to me that rather than this being suspicious there was just a very slight inconsistency from Robz in terms of how he modded information about the red room because something you said above makes me believe what you are saying is true, and thus have a little bit more of a town read on you.

All: the equipment is called a "scum key."  I know because I also asked to enter a red room, too, and was told that one of those was needed to enter.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

Ozle

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1606 on: April 14, 2013, 06:52:05 pm »

Robz SPECIFICALLY told you you needed a scum key?

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1607 on: April 14, 2013, 06:57:31 pm »

Robz SPECIFICALLY told you you needed a scum key?

Yes.

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
  • Shuffle iT Username: mcmcsalot
    • View Profile
« Reply #1608 on: April 14, 2013, 08:36:16 pm »

Im interested in this scheme mcmc has to seemingly make IC's...as long as it makes more than a couple.....although interested to know why it wasnt brought up before...but I suppose I can withold judgement on that part for now...

Well the more I think about it, the more I can't tell whether or not it makes sense to have happened to only town players or both scum and town players. So I'll claim what I know and see what people think. Robz found me in the bank one night and I got to choose an item to get from him. I believe we then went on to other players and I believe I was the first. So I know what all the items were an if we think this could only have happened to town players, the other players could say the items they got. The scum key was an item I won't say whether or not I or it. Also I reread the pm, and someone may have gotten an item befor me. So if we want to do this people should first claim they encountered robz and how many items he had, then we claim the item we got I order so we know if anyone is lying. From my perspective the claim is somewhat harmless especially if noone says what the item they got does.

Again if we think this could happen to scum noone do it.
Wins: M19, M21, M23, M24, M26, M39, M91, M94, M102, M104, M107, M114, M115
Losses: M20, M22, M25, M27, M30, M31, M35, M38, M40, M42, M46, M60, M90, M93, M96, M98, M100, M101, M106, M111, M113
Winrate: 38.2%(13/34) 29.6%(8/27), 71.4%(5/7)

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1609 on: April 14, 2013, 08:52:21 pm »

Why do we think it would have only happened to townies?

I've met no Robz myself.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1610 on: April 14, 2013, 08:53:31 pm »

Well the more I think about it, the more I can't tell whether or not it makes sense to have happened to only town players or both scum and town players. So I'll claim what I know and see what people think. Robz found me in the bank one night and I got to choose an item to get from him. I believe we then went on to other players and I believe I was the first. So I know what all the items were an if we think this could only have happened to town players, the other players could say the items they got. The scum key was an item I won't say whether or not I or it. Also I reread the pm, and someone may have gotten an item befor me. So if we want to do this people should first claim they encountered robz and how many items he had, then we claim the item we got I order so we know if anyone is lying. From my perspective the claim is somewhat harmless especially if noone says what the item they got does.

Interesting.

I think a difficult thing to figure out here is whether in the flavor world Robz has created, would his banker character know who the Mountebanks are?  If not, I think Robz the Banker would run into any player, regardless of alignment.  If Robz the Banker knows who the bad guys are, he wouldn't offer stuff to them.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1611 on: April 14, 2013, 08:53:53 pm »

Why do we think it would have only happened to townies?

I've met no Robz myself.

Lies!  /DC

raerae

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: raerae
    • View Profile
« Reply #1612 on: April 14, 2013, 10:58:20 pm »

So D1, post 390: Moral of the story is lio looks scummy.

I've had a super busy weekend. Don't know if I'll be able to post much tomorrow either. Should be back at tuesday, if nothing else happens. I think lio looks pretty bad, but I'm not totally convinced he's scum.

#469: Lio is super town based on something that happened before I said Lio looks scummy...Oh and Kooshie looks scummy for her defense of the case this person I suddenly decided is townie presented.

I think liopoil is town. Based solely on the fact that he came up with a scum team theory day 1. I'm pretty sure scum would like to deflect their wagon onto someone else, but not throw around conspiracy theories. Not day 1.

I don't really know if kooshie just misunderstand lio, but so far, her defense against a pretty solid (for day 1) case hasn't really been good. It hasn't even been a defense against the case, but something else.

#474 - Seems a bit to me like he's coaching Kooshie, he repeatedly points out that she needs to start posting content and compares her current play to his in Buffy.

#481 is finally his vote on Kooshie which places him safely in the middle of the pack.

Then not much for the rest of D1.  D2...

#1116 is right after Jimmmmm was put at L-almost lynched for 1 of the 18 times that day.  To sum it up, he doesn't agree with it but says it would be an informative lynch because of everybody's views on Jimmmmm, he then gives a wishy washy hedgey opinion of him.  I believe he gives this sort of read because he knows Jimmmmm's alignment and doesn't want to give away that he knew it after the flip.

#1300 is the first time he's actually given "reads" this whole game.  I say "reads" because they're all mostly neutral.

#1430, he votes for mail-mi (again, middle of the pack) without reason and only after that lynch started to gain steam. 

That's all I have for tonight, mcmc is tomorrow but I'm comfortable with this for now.

Vote: Lekkit

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1613 on: April 14, 2013, 11:05:42 pm »

Interesting.

I think a difficult thing to figure out here is whether in the flavor world Robz has created, would his banker character know who the Mountebanks are?  If not, I think Robz the Banker would run into any player, regardless of alignment.  If Robz the Banker knows who the bad guys are, he wouldn't offer stuff to them.

yes, I am not a fan of this claiming mechanism. It could falsely create an IC in scum. The speculation is uncertain and could leave people with good stuff vulnerable at night. You say that they wouldn't claim what stuff does, but at this point I imagine scum knows what a lot of the roles do already just from exploring the bank.

Mostly I think we are distracting ourselves from scum hunting. I still need to do it myself and will do it tomorrow, because everytime I come on to read this I end up responding to theory stuff instead of going back and performing a reread, and I am guessing that I am not the only one doing this based on the lack of true scum hunting going on.

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
  • Shuffle iT Username: mcmcsalot
    • View Profile
« Reply #1614 on: April 14, 2013, 11:47:23 pm »

Okay, consensus is we should drop the theory mess I keep getting into an scum hunt. I like the plan and will start on it in the morning.
Wins: M19, M21, M23, M24, M26, M39, M91, M94, M102, M104, M107, M114, M115
Losses: M20, M22, M25, M27, M30, M31, M35, M38, M40, M42, M46, M60, M90, M93, M96, M98, M100, M101, M106, M111, M113
Winrate: 38.2%(13/34) 29.6%(8/27), 71.4%(5/7)

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1615 on: April 14, 2013, 11:54:22 pm »

Okay, consensus is we should drop the theory mess I keep getting into an scum hunt. I like the plan and will start on it in the morning.

raerae, not willing to vote mcmc yet?

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #1616 on: April 15, 2013, 12:03:42 am »

Vote Count 3.3

sudgy (1) -- Insomniac
Archetype (2) -- Jorbles, yuma
Lekkit (3) -- Archetype, sudgy, raerae
ashersky (1) -- Lekkit
mcmcsalot (1) -- Eevee

Not Voting (4) -- ashersky, Ozle, mcmcsalot, Jimm,

With 12 alive, it takes 7 to lynch. There are 22 days remaining. Deadline is May 6 at 7:00 PM.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1617 on: April 15, 2013, 12:22:28 am »

vote: Lekkit

This is a wagon vote.  He's lurked, he's swooped in with a little analysis when called on it, not much else at all memorable.

Ozle

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1618 on: April 15, 2013, 04:22:48 am »

I'm confused.

How did you go from thinking it could create IC's to this?

Theres nothing there that I can see that would make IC's other than a suspicion Robz wouldnt visit Mountebanks. It's possible, but I wouldn't bet a large amount of money on it!

The problem is, if you were first, and you were town, and scum have also been visited, they would know whether you took this scum key right?

So, my thoughts based on what we know....

You were the first person to be visitied by Robz
Ashersky was the second. Thats how Robz 'told' him there is a scum key.
How many items? 3 or 4?

I think if you have used the item, its pretty safe to claim. it cant have been earth shattering if this is the first time you mention it

Although can't have been that good an item if you've not used it yet, or it must be a very edge case one! Probably something from the alchemy set, or maybe you have to wait till Guilds to use it.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jimmmmm
    • View Profile
« Reply #1619 on: April 15, 2013, 05:10:42 am »

Did a quick re-read of Lekkit. The only thing that really stood out to me was him saying he'd support my lynch even though he had a strong Townread on me. Generally it is super bad Town play to lynch someone you think is Town unless you can benefit a lot in other ways because of. Lekkit, you mentioned a couple of times that lynching me would be very informational, and that was why you would support it. What would you conclude from my flip, whether it was Town or scum?

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1620 on: April 15, 2013, 05:26:13 am »

I'm confused.

How did you go from thinking it could create IC's to this?

Theres nothing there that I can see that would make IC's other than a suspicion Robz wouldnt visit Mountebanks. It's possible, but I wouldn't bet a large amount of money on it!

The problem is, if you were first, and you were town, and scum have also been visited, they would know whether you took this scum key right?

So, my thoughts based on what we know....

You were the first person to be visitied by Robz
Ashersky was the second. Thats how Robz 'told' him there is a scum key.
How many items? 3 or 4?

I think if you have used the item, its pretty safe to claim. it cant have been earth shattering if this is the first time you mention it

Although can't have been that good an item if you've not used it yet, or it must be a very edge case one! Probably something from the alchemy set, or maybe you have to wait till Guilds to use it.

Why would you think Robz visited me?

I asked how much it cost to enter a red room.

Ozle

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1621 on: April 15, 2013, 06:33:31 am »

Because you knew the exact terming of the scum key, that Mcmc says is included in this Robz visit.

Neither myself, nor Yuma knew that (Or at least I am assuming Yuma didn't)

Was just an assumption based on the info I had at hand.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1622 on: April 15, 2013, 06:49:08 am »

Because you knew the exact terming of the scum key, that Mcmc says is included in this Robz visit.

Well, he said you need a scum key to enter the red room, so that's how I knew the term.  Robz has yet to visit me.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1623 on: April 15, 2013, 09:32:04 am »

nope. Robz told me nothing about a scum key. Despite what robz said above about modding inconstancies this raises a red--HA!--flag to me about ash in regard to the red room. I was told I didn't have the right equipment, Ozle was told the same. It seems somewhat unlikely that Robz would change his policy regarding how specific to be about this "equipment" when it came to you. what night did you learn this info Ozle and ash?... hmmm maybe that is giving away too much information. So maybe don't answer that last question.

Ozle

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1624 on: April 15, 2013, 09:43:48 am »

Yeah, im not sharing which night.

But mine definitely said 'equipment'. And what Robz said was about the manner in which he told people , i dont think he would have given specific information out to one player and not another.

This is why I thought Ashersky had seen the same event Mcmc, otherwise it doesn't make sense to me.

Are you sure you don't want to rescind the statement Robz didn't visit you Ask?
Because otherwise it looks like Robz visited someone you have had a discussion with, possibly in a scum QT...?

Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 106  All

Page created in 0.058 seconds with 20 queries.