Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 106  All

Author Topic: Mafia XXII: Bankers Beware -- GAME OVER, SCUM WIN  (Read 224148 times)

Kooshie

• Herbalist
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia XXII: Bankers Beware
« Reply #450 on: March 18, 2013, 09:07:39 pm »

it seems to me that there is a big fuss on Yuma... can someone explain it to me?  it seems to be mostly people getting suspicious, but then saying that they aren't good at reading Yuma.  That is called hedging, right?

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: March 18, 2013, 09:08:23 pm »

yes, that is my only point. But the point to it wasn't just that you weren't contributing: because others aren't much either, the point is that you COULD be, and I think are underposting somewhat on purpose. Yes, all the other lurkers have been busying doing something else, or have limited access in some way.

Kooshie

• Herbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: March 18, 2013, 09:11:37 pm »

I like Wednesday for our soft deadline.  We need to get a few more things going then don't we?  I think right now it's mostly liopoil and I.

Kooshie

• Herbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: March 18, 2013, 09:12:40 pm »

yes, that is my only point. But the point to it wasn't just that you weren't contributing: because others aren't much either, the point is that you COULD be, and I think are underposting somewhat on purpose. Yes, all the other lurkers have been busying doing something else, or have limited access in some way.
Not on purpose... do you want more excuses?  Because I have them.  I could give you my entire schedule, and why I wasn't posting.

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: March 18, 2013, 09:16:41 pm »

I don't need your schedule, but were you really busy this weekend or so or had limited internet access or something??

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: March 18, 2013, 09:39:45 pm »

The thing with Yuma is he's super scum and always needs to be suspected or you will always, always lose to him.

The towniest Yuma is surely scum.  I think scummy Yuma is probably town.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

Kooshie

• Herbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: March 18, 2013, 09:40:51 pm »

The thing with Yuma is he's super scum and always needs to be suspected or you will always, always lose to him.

That's... totally not confusing!  Good thing you can tell is he's towny, right?  Right?

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: March 18, 2013, 09:45:34 pm »

And now I know that my ultimate mafia goal is complete! Much better than scummy yuma being scum and townie yuma being town right? I mean that wouldn't be any fun at all!

I though I don't think I am ever extremely scummy one way or the other. Most of my "scummy" moments are more misunderstandings and semi-sloppy play. But enough about me. A goal for myself either tonight or tomorrow is to get a semi-read on everyone in the game and put down a solid vote going into the soft deadline.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: March 18, 2013, 09:47:30 pm »

That's... totally not confusing!  Good thing you can tell is he's towny, right?  Right?

I can.  Towny Yuma is a very good scum hunter who ends up mislynching town but we all understand how he could have felt that way and see no harm in it.  Then he wins because he's scum.

Scummy Yuma lurks, contributes less, and gets lynched.  And he flips town.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: March 18, 2013, 09:50:40 pm »

Hey, now I disagree with this! I wouldn't consider myself a lurker. I have one of the higher correct lynch rates around and--little known fact--I have only been mislynched once in MXI!

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: March 18, 2013, 09:52:02 pm »

Hey, now I disagree with this! I wouldn't consider myself a lurker. I have one of the higher correct lynch rates around and--little known fact--I have only been mislynched once in MXI!

So you are scum again, then?

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: March 18, 2013, 09:53:01 pm »

So you are scum again, then?

Only one way for you to find out!

But no. I am not scum.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: March 18, 2013, 09:54:55 pm »

I think my description of scum!yuma is correct.  MnM is the perfect example of super towny scum Yuma.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: March 18, 2013, 09:56:12 pm »

I think my description of scum!yuma is correct.  MnM is the perfect example of super towny scum Yuma.
Oh, I don't disagree with your assessment of me as scum. I disagree with your assessment of me when I am town.

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
  • Shuffle iT Username: mcmcsalot
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: March 18, 2013, 09:56:35 pm »

You also fall in the yuma/insom, previously jim/ash category of people I confuse. At least that has been one of my issues in the past. I dont like the liopoil vs kooshie thing people brought up I think that means town vs town with 4 scum, they can push these things easily, and i will look back at who did it later. I like looking at sudgy and mail-mi for lynch targets.
Wins: M19, M21, M23, M24, M26, M39, M91, M94, M102, M104, M107, M114, M115
Losses: M20, M22, M25, M27, M30, M31, M35, M38, M40, M42, M46, M60, M90, M93, M96, M98, M100, M101, M106, M111, M113
Winrate: 38.2%(13/34) 29.6%(8/27), 71.4%(5/7)

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #465 on: March 18, 2013, 09:59:53 pm »

I figured out how to read yuma. D1 assume he's town. then for each night he isn't NKed get a little more suspicious, until on D7 he's obvscum. so then you lynch him, he flips scum, but you lose anyway because robz was also scum on the other team. luckily, robz isn't scum in this game so when we lynch him on D7 we win!

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
  • Shuffle iT Username: mcmcsalot
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: March 18, 2013, 10:37:51 pm »

This is turning into MXXI...  I'm starting to think either liopoil or kooshie is scum...  Right after liopoil makes a big case on kooshie...
here is the kooshie quote

Actually, in disagreement w/ sudgy, i think liopoil is acting very similar to herself in the newbie game (he was scum.) Vote: liopoil

and here is the mail-mi vote.

Looking at this it also looks like scum distancing while pushing two town lynches.
Wins: M19, M21, M23, M24, M26, M39, M91, M94, M102, M104, M107, M114, M115
Losses: M20, M22, M25, M27, M30, M31, M35, M38, M40, M42, M46, M60, M90, M93, M96, M98, M100, M101, M106, M111, M113
Winrate: 38.2%(13/34) 29.6%(8/27), 71.4%(5/7)

sparky5856

• Bishop
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: March 19, 2013, 01:34:56 am »

Alright back for a brief moment. Finals week this week, so I'm gonna be a bit spottier than usual. Just finished writing a mini-shell in C that took the whole day, so fairly tired now. It's hard to comment on things if they don't jump out to you. If things jump out to me, then you guys will know, because I won't hesitate to post them.

What's been jumping out to me the most is that Kooshie seems to be questioning the group a lot, as in #450, #403, for instance. I've done this a lot as scum, so I personally consider it scummy behavior. I however have never played with Kooshie before so I don't know if this is just her general behavior, clarification would be nice.

As expected Insomniac came back.

lio is posting way too much to make me consider him scummy for now, looks like he's a townie genuinely trying.

reread mail-mi for the heck of it, seems like his name is coming up a lot. his posts are REALLY short. Not sure if this is a tactic of trying to say as few things as possible to avoid slipping, or again if this is just his general behavior. I don't like it though. There's not much bulk to his posts, whether it's intentional or not.

obviously need to look closer at everyone else but there's all my opinions for the time being.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: March 19, 2013, 02:43:46 am »

ins, do you then disagree with robz in that lurking is what I'd do as scum?

Lekkit

• 2011 Swedish Champion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Lekkit
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: March 19, 2013, 05:05:26 am »

I think liopoil is town. Based solely on the fact that he came up with a scum team theory day 1. I'm pretty sure scum would like to deflect their wagon onto someone else, but not throw around conspiracy theories. Not day 1.

I don't really know if kooshie just misunderstand lio, but so far, her defense against a pretty solid (for day 1) case hasn't really been good. It hasn't even been a defense against the case, but something else.

Ozle

• Cartographer
  • Sorry, this text is personal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: March 19, 2013, 08:00:25 am »

I think liopoil is town. Based solely on the fact that he came up with a scum team theory day 1. I'm pretty sure scum would like to deflect their wagon onto someone else, but not throw around conspiracy theories. Not day 1.

I don't really know if kooshie just misunderstand lio, but so far, her defense against a pretty solid (for day 1) case hasn't really been good. It hasn't even been a defense against the case, but something else.

Sound the Alarm!
Lipoli fan-boi alert!
"I think liopoil is town. Based solely on the fact that he came up with a scum team theory day 1" - lekkit
Someone names a random scum team on Day1 based on no actual evidence and that makes them town? Wow!
Just Wow.

My named scum team, so I get bonus town points as well:
Insomniac - Lurking + Lipoli case
Eevee - Lurking
Lekkit - Bad town read on Lipoli, jumping on the Kooshie bandwagon saying its a strong case
Lipoli - Bad case, shifting attention away from Insomniac who was lurking by claiming another player is lurking.

(if thats right I will laugh so hard, but obviously pulling a scum team day 1 based on so few posts and no evidence is crazy and the above shouldn't be taken seriously)

The case against Kooshie is purely that Kooshie has not contributed much.
Well, thats not a brilliant case, thats a lynch all lurkers case, and there are MUCH better candidates for that. Sure maybe Kooshie has had the ability to participate, but then so have the others.

This may sound like im being contrarty, I do think Lipoli is a bit scummy, but all the cases so far are weak, thatswhat happens on day 1. Anyone who has a 'strong' read on anyone I am suspicious of, there is ntohing to go on! (And also why No lynch is a bad idea, despite the numbers)

I think by his own admission Eevee is lurking, and we all know lurker eevee is scum eevee, he has even pulled the patented 'Robz defense' - which is 'Yeah I know my play is bad, if I was you I would think I am scummy'

Vote: eevee
Try the Ozle Google Map Challenge!
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=7466.0

Sullying players Enjoyment of Innovation since 2013 Apparently!

xeiron

• Pearl Diver
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: March 19, 2013, 08:12:28 am »

..., he has even pulled the patented 'Robz defense' - which is 'Yeah I know my play is bad, if I was you I would think I am scummy'

So has liopoil:

I can see it now: "oh look, Liopoil made a post count to make himself look better and frame the people who aren't his teammates! Let's lynch him!"
Evidence for your scum team claim!

Ozle

• Cartographer
  • Sorry, this text is personal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: March 19, 2013, 08:24:57 am »

..., he has even pulled the patented 'Robz defense' - which is 'Yeah I know my play is bad, if I was you I would think I am scummy'

So has liopoil:

I can see it now: "oh look, Liopoil made a post count to make himself look better and frame the people who aren't his teammates! Let's lynch him!"
Evidence for your scum team claim!

Ahaha, Maybe Maybe

However, Lipoli's was done sarcastically, Eevees was done honestly.....

To Say It Again, my scum team should not be taken that seriously, all the cases on those people are so so weak, just to highlight the point that those aremy scummiest people D1 and thats all i got.

The only one I get a small townie vibe off is Yuma.
Try the Ozle Google Map Challenge!
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=7466.0

Sullying players Enjoyment of Innovation since 2013 Apparently!

xeiron

• Pearl Diver
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: March 19, 2013, 08:37:08 am »

Honestly, though, I have been trying to read Liopoil.
I do find him quite scummy, but in the end I wonder if it not just me suffering from the "be suspicious of the most active player syndrome" Yuma mentions.

I am not convinced he is town, but for now I oppose a Liopoil lynch.
He has been the most active poster and the one to contribute most in getting out new information. Town !Liopoil is thus valuable to keep in the game.
I am inclined to think scum !Liopoil will slip bad quite soon given his high post freqency. If his happens Liopoil should be easy to lynch at a later stage .

Lekkit

• 2011 Swedish Champion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Lekkit
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: March 19, 2013, 08:37:45 am »

@Ozle: I've never seen scum propose a scum-pair day 1. Have you?

The case on Kooshie, which people seem to misread, isn't that she hasn't been online. It's simply that when she has been, she hasn't really done anything.

In the Buffy game I was scum and was caught lurking. I came out of lurking, but didn't contribute anything to town, which was ultimately the reason why I was lynched. Kooshie has only been defending herself and stopped by saying that she has read, not trying to scumhunt. Which is what any town-aligned player should do.

The thing is, that I really recognise myself from the Buffy game in Kooshie.

Why do you think lio is scummier that Kooshie?
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 106  All

Page created in 0.075 seconds with 14 queries.