Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 106  All

Author Topic: Mafia XXII: Bankers Beware -- GAME OVER, SCUM WIN  (Read 225681 times)

sparky5856

• Bishop
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia XXII: Bankers Beware
« Reply #675 on: March 22, 2013, 09:12:18 pm »

I read eevee, I think he's towny. He was second on the kooshie wagon, and has actually contributed a fair bit.

I would be wary of your first reason. In MXI watno bussed his JoaT in D1 very early on, plus we have what yuma said here.

Grujah - Glooble, ehunt, yuma, watno, Galzria, eHalcyon, Cuzz, Eevee, Morgrim7, ftl, jotheonah, Axxle

off wagon: O, theorel Captain_Frisk, TheMunch (these last two were SK and don't really count).

Lekkit (7): cayvie, Cuzz, shraeye, Eevee, raerae, Jimmmmm, Galzria

off wagon: Captain_Frisk

I hadn't realized that cayvie bussed so hard in MXVII!

(Oh hey just noticed, I disagreed with you lol)

sparky5856

• Bishop
    • View Profile
« Reply #676 on: March 22, 2013, 09:13:48 pm »

It's very easy to get frustrated as scum, I've been in that position a multitude of times! It's most frustrating when the reasons for lynching you are, at least in your eyes, kinda stupid.

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #677 on: March 22, 2013, 09:17:38 pm »

well, I'm sure being lynched is always somewhat frustrating, because it normally means you messed up.

looks like watno was fourth on the grujah wagon. cayvie was first on the wagon, but from what I heard she accidentally got caught on it, initially the vote was just distancing. When eevee voted it became a real wagon. If that hadn't happened people would likely have ignored it and lynched someone else.

sparky5856

• Bishop
    • View Profile
« Reply #678 on: March 22, 2013, 09:19:59 pm »

well, I'm sure being lynched is always somewhat frustrating, because it normally means you messed up.

The most frustrating moments in mafia are getting lynched as scum for reasons that you believe are flimsy. Case in point: me in both MA's.

raerae

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: raerae
    • View Profile
« Reply #679 on: March 22, 2013, 09:24:03 pm »

looks like watno was fourth on the grujah wagon. cayvie was first on the wagon, but from what I heard she accidentally got caught on it, initially the vote was just distancing. When eevee voted it became a real wagon. If that hadn't happened people would likely have ignored it and lynched someone else.

From what you heard?  Like from what I guessed earlier in the game? 

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #680 on: March 22, 2013, 09:25:51 pm »

From what you heard?  Like from what I guessed earlier in the game?
yeah pretty much. I kinda remember yuma saying that might be it too.

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #681 on: March 22, 2013, 09:33:15 pm »

I'm a bit suspect of raerae for her vote on kooshie. remember that case she made on me? well, she did say that the scumread had lessened significantly, but didn't talk about kooshie until near the end where she just asked to put kooshie at L-1, then did.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #682 on: March 22, 2013, 09:46:25 pm »

Ozle you are my second favorite Tuluvian--is that the right way to say that?--after your posts about map stuff. (I actually know someone from there in real life, and he is pretty cool and has helped me a lot in school, so that is why he is in front of you, but just barely!) Because I agree with basically everything you are outlining there. So good job!

As for scumminess I am leaning toward a Jimmm lynch, I won't be voting right now because 1. I may be highly VLA starting tomorrow and not sure what my availability is to post and leaving a vote while gone isn't ideal. Others I am leaning scummy off wagon are sparky... well that is kinda it to be honest. Mcmc I can't really remember, so I am not sure about him. More of a townie feel on Ozle and Insomniac, but most of Ozle is because of what I consider to be pro-town play in regard to keeping town "proper" when it comes to claiming, but scum can fake that very easily.

As for on wagon... ash and mail-mi (as well as rarerae to a lesser extent even though she was the last to vote) are more suspicious for being late to the kooshie party. But like I said I don't feel that going down that route is the correct avenue for today. A on-wagon lynch I think will be better for tomorrow or a later day as I continue to think that a higher concentration of scum will be found off wagon (especially since I know that I am not scum and that even further enhances the odds of finding someone off wagon with all things being equal).

Lio.... I still find him suspicious. Although he saw me fall flat on my face when it came to bussing hard on a teammate (Glooble in MXIX) and should probably know better than to try that route, but maybe he thought it would be worth the try... It is worth noting that Kooshie expressed a town read on him throughout and up through her lynch when it appeared that he was something of a valid lynch.

Who else was a possible lynch later in the day? I remember there being one that stood out in particular. Would that make that player more or less townie? I think more townie just because I think it is crazy for scum to allow for two of their players to be the main lynch targets toward the end of day. Or is it crazy.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #683 on: March 22, 2013, 11:15:15 pm »

If someone was actually a viable lynch target late yesterday, I think that makes him/her townier. I too don't remember.

It's funny, when I read the end of day1 and it seemed almost everyone agreed with the kooshie lynch, I was so sure he had to have been town. Talk about a pleasant surprise :)

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jimmmmm
    • View Profile
« Reply #684 on: March 23, 2013, 05:39:37 am »

Hi all, just wanted to say sorry for my lurking, I will catch up when I get the chance. I don't think the xeiron kill necessarily means a newbie scum team, there are plenty of things going on behind the scenes that could make xeiron a good target from the scum point of view. Someone said that I haven't been scum for a while and therefore could be seen as Newbie scum and therefore might have killed xeiron. That is terrible reasoning since I was the one who first pointed out that xeiron was a weird kill.

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
  • Shuffle iT Username: mcmcsalot
    • View Profile
« Reply #685 on: March 23, 2013, 09:46:10 am »

I ditto jimm, I really need to help out and its not fair. I will start a reread now and see what I can get, I will pay attention to wagons and such.
Wins: M19, M21, M23, M24, M26, M39, M91, M94, M102, M104, M107, M114, M115
Losses: M20, M22, M25, M27, M30, M31, M35, M38, M40, M42, M46, M60, M90, M93, M96, M98, M100, M101, M106, M111, M113
Winrate: 38.2%(13/34) 29.6%(8/27), 71.4%(5/7)

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #686 on: March 23, 2013, 10:29:32 am »

ozle, I have an idea. For your plan to potentially clear townies: what if we FIRST decide who we want to lynch, then you ask them whatever questions you want to try to clear them. This way less info is given out. however, it is a waste of time if you do end up clearing the player we decide to lynch. speaking of time.... soft deadline?

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #687 on: March 23, 2013, 10:30:53 am »

how much banked time do we have left?

Jorbles

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #688 on: March 23, 2013, 01:02:35 pm »

Okay I read up on Jimmmm's posts and there's really not a lot of content there. He argues setup theory a bit, whether we should map claim or not, he jokes around a bit, apologizes for not being on much, doesn't express strong opinions about anyone that I can see. It's actually classic actilurking. I am okay with this lynch.

Vote: Jimmmmm

Jorbles

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #689 on: March 23, 2013, 01:15:04 pm »

Okay I read up on Jimmmm's posts and there's really not a lot of content there. He argues setup theory a bit, whether we should map claim or not, he jokes around a bit, apologizes for not being on much, doesn't express strong opinions about anyone that I can see. It's actually classic actilurking. I am okay with this lynch.

Vote: Jimmmmm

Also I'm starting to realize that I'm letting other people's suspicions direct who I'm taking a look at, which is a bad thing. I will take a look at some other players who haven't had cases built on them yet in the off wagon. However, I will have to do that tomorrow as I am V/LA for the rest of the day.

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #690 on: March 23, 2013, 03:28:17 pm »

mcmc, yesterday you were saying you supported a mail-mi lynch. Is this still the case? if so, would you mind making the case?

I could go for a Jimmmmmm lynch... I'm thinking we should take a closer look at lekkit... nobody really mentions him :P

sudgy

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sudgy
  • It's pronounced "SOO-jee"
    • View Profile
« Reply #691 on: March 23, 2013, 03:30:06 pm »

I forgot lekkit was even in this game...
If you're wondering what my avatar is, watch this.

Check out my logic puzzle blog!

Quote from: sudgy on June 31, 2011, 11:47:46 pm

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #692 on: March 23, 2013, 03:36:20 pm »

well, I just read lekkit's 17 posts. most of them have a fair amount of content. He pops in to say that liopoil looks pretty bad, but he'll take a closer look at it later. In his next post a fair bit later he decides that I'm towny. He says that he pretty much agrees with the kooshie lynch for a couple posts, then finally puts a vote down. He's pretty null for me from that... so I think jimmmmmm is likely a better lynch, for a) lurking more and b) not being on the kooshie wagon. but others may be an even better lynh, so I'm not voting yet.

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #693 on: March 23, 2013, 03:56:59 pm »

I'm looking at a jimmmmmm, sparky, or mail-mi lynch today. Also might be fine with a lynch on insom, lekkit, or sudgy. Anyone besides those I don't think are good lynches today.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #694 on: March 23, 2013, 04:04:33 pm »

Should we get the person we lynch to mapclaim? I think it might give Town more information than scum if it's a Townie doing so, especially since the person won't be around any more for scum to Pillage.

I'll hopefully have time some time this afternoon to get caught up.

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #695 on: March 23, 2013, 04:09:20 pm »

It's an interesting idea. scum wouldn't want to give us info, but if a townie knew they were getting lynched they would likely want to. But then there's interesting WIFOM if a player claims stuff after someone states intent to hammer... I THINK we should just lynch them anyway, because scum would just make up stuff about the map.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #696 on: March 23, 2013, 04:12:33 pm »

If a Townie who's about to be lynches does mapclaim and they happen to know where a particularly pro-Town item is, should they reveal this or not? What do we think?

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
    • View Profile
« Reply #697 on: March 23, 2013, 07:27:06 pm »

I now find Jim very scummy. He has come in and not addressed anything about people voting for him/suspicion on him. Also I think the person we lynx should not map claim. Revealing item location and rooms will serve only to give scum information. Post
Lynch they can reveal any and all items they purchased and any night actions they know of pillage ect. But agai do this post lynch as I don't want to set scum up in a position to fake claim map things and avoid the lynch.

I swear I will recap and post by the end of tonight, most likely content to come in an hour and a half.
Losses: M20, M22, M25, M27, M30, M31, M35, M38, M40, M42, M46, M60, M90, M93, M96, M98, M100, M101, M106, M111, M113

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #698 on: March 23, 2013, 07:35:57 pm »

I haven't had time to catch up properly, and when I have I'll be in a better position to address concerns about me. As far as I'm aware the main issue is my lack of contributing, which is valid.

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
    • View Profile
« Reply #699 on: March 23, 2013, 09:26:21 pm »

This is turning into MXXI...  I'm starting to think either liopoil or kooshie is scum...  Right after liopoil makes a big case on kooshie...
here is the kooshie quote

Actually, in disagreement w/ sudgy, i think liopoil is acting very similar to herself in the newbie game (he was scum.) Vote: liopoil

and here is the mail-mi vote.

Looking at this it also looks like scum distancing while pushing two town lynches.

I remember, this was my case on mail-mi. Well kooshie turned out to be scum. So my case is kinda gone, scum!mail-mi wouldn't set up a double lynch involving his scummate. Need to look at sudgy because I thought he was scummy too. Jimm is my top scum read now, just feels off to me, and I don't think I have ever seen scum!Jimm.
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 106  All

Page created in 0.052 seconds with 14 queries.