Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 27  All

Author Topic: ZM12: Loco!...Like the Motive That Betrayed Me - Witches Win!  (Read 61233 times)

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jimmmmm
    • View Profile
Re: ZM12: Loco!...Like the Motive That Betrayed Me - Day 4 Start
« Reply #575 on: April 26, 2013, 12:10:16 pm »

Man if I didn't know he was Town I really would think spirit was scum. gg everyone. I'm literally shaking right now.

spiritbears

• Salvager
    • View Profile
    • Spirit Bears on Bandcamp
« Reply #576 on: April 26, 2013, 12:10:30 pm »

Ok. Lets start with Mc. 
It eas very close to deadline. Mc had four votes, eevee had three.
The only ones online were MC,shy,me.  Mc asked that we stay online and try to work out some way to save him.  I said I thought the case eas too weak on Mc and pulled my vote off him (saving him) however, there eas still s question about eevee and with the three on him (I believe jimm eas one or not voting__need to Doublecheck). You ssaid you thought eevee was town so I didn't put my vote on eevee even though I was still a little Leary of your tunneling me.  Mc was saves but we lost eevee. UN my mind you were integral to making that happen. Next, whenwe ewere considering Robz, I wasn't quite on board with his lunch so I asked you for the case on him.  Since you knew his play s lit better then me, I trusted your case and joined that train. Shortly after, I asked for help putting together who was off train day one to see if there was correlation with anyone off train on day 2. This seemed lime the logical step: see who was not helpful both days. From what I put together it looked like to me there eas really only one good choice: jimmm (or not trusting you). I didn't plan on jimm finally showing up and tunneling me like mad, mostly by resorting to lying and distorting my request for help into: intentionally quickhammering robz (he still eveuidentky opposes the robz lynch, even after he flipped scum)
That's basically the case in him: off wagon/MIA st critical times,.and making really scummy cases on me. I bekeive both you and seversl others had good cas on him prior to the robz vote.  But I need to read back again.
Postpunk Noisegazr Shoegazing Punks [whathe]Spirit Bears on Faith Cannon Records.  confusing and confounding since 05

shraeye

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: shraeye
  • More Graph Theory please
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: April 26, 2013, 12:10:46 pm »

Well dang.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
Re: ZM12: Loco!...Like the Motive That Betrayed Me - Day 1 Start
« Reply #578 on: April 26, 2013, 12:11:18 pm »

Okay, time for as much analysis as I have time for. The obvious place for me to start is spirit.

And besides I haven't flown under any radar.
What makes you say that?
I've been completely out in the open and willing to engage in every lynch proposal in this game.  I've been completely honest.  MC I think is omagus...but you, I don't know why you are doing this except to give you're buddy MC an opening.  Definitely goin to be keeping an eye on you.

Okay. Up until this point, spirit had sheeped mcmc and then voted for mcmc, which were both way too early to really conclude anything from. But he hadn't really said anything about shraeye. But then shraeye votes for him for "flying under the radar" and immediately spirit accuses shraeye of defending his buddy. I just think the pretty full-on acusation came really quickly.

Anyway, then we get to the end of Day 1. spirit unvotes mcmc shortly before the deadline, but it's worth noting that he did so before mcmc claimed. The reason he gave for doing so was "I'm still not convinced you're scum MC." But he didn't do anything to actually contribute to a lynch, he just unvoted. And what he'd done previously was ask mcmc to convince him about Eevee.

Eevee.

Vote: Eevee.

shoot at spiritbears.
Vvote Shyrae.  Weak cases, trying to direct kills he doesn't have.  Scum behavior.

FINAL Vote Count 1-6

EFHW (1) - Jimmmm, Eevee
Eevee (3) - Robz888, shraeye, mcmcsalot
mcmcsalot (2) - yuma, EFHW
Shraeye (1) - spiritbears

Not Voting (1) - mail-mi

We get to talk all day tomorow about who I shoot right now we need to keep me alive so i can do it
I already kept you alive wen I unvoted

I LOVE YOU SPIRITBEARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SO CLUTCH, thank you for bieng around to help really cannot see him bieng scum if i'm not nk'd.

I don't understand how you living clears him in particular.  Wouldn't any scum pair have rationally tried to NK you, unless they were bulletproof?

I think you living either is dangerous scum-play, or because they aren't afraid of you.
I guess I'm a little confused at MC's optimism.  Eevee gets mislunch and Yuma---a very helpful townie is gone.  Also, can someone explain to why we lost Eevee when he only had 3 votes?
We lynch the person with the most votes.

I am optimistic not that we lost 2 townies but that I am alive.

I am clearing you and shraeye due to the working to save me.

So that means confirmed town for me is: mcmc, shraeye, spirit, eevee, yuma
So our only possible scum is in: robz, jimm, efhw, mail-mi.

Neither of you have claimed fool so one of them is. That means we have 3 possible scum. If the other fool picked dayvig as well, thats game over we win bang bang lynch.
I'm not sure what Shyrae did to save you...other than he vocally disapproved of lunching Eevee, which I agreed with and I think gives him some decent town cred.

Well in to the our next play. I think Robzz has some answering to do for his tunneling Eevee z(MC you didn't disagree with hjs ultra-meta case). I'm less down to lynch Mai.  But that will depend on what he says and whether he joins this game in any real way.

I would prefer that you shoot, mcmc.  According to my calculations, shoot/lynch is the same as lynch/lynch.  Except one scenario where shooting gives 3/1 and lynching gives 2/1 (I consider those two the same, since no-lynches don't happen in blitz.)

I was thinking about why yuma died; I know that the longer he stays around the more suspicious I get of him, because I know him to be a very clever scumplayer.  However, he is also very dangerous as town.  I don't recall him fingering anybody with quite as much emphasis as others, so I could see him being killed solely because the scum team knows how dangerous he is as town.  This causes me to think that at least one vet is on the scumteam (robz or jimmm).  I don't think that the team is mail-mi/EFHW, for example.

Also, unless more claims/evidence can convince me otherwise, I'm thinking of mcmcsalot and spiritbears as town.
I generally agree with this statement.  I did find it problematic that you were (rather forcefully) directing Mc to shoot me, about the same time I saves him.  But you're plea for town Eevee did help convince me not to vote Eevee (unfortunately that wasn't enough to save him).  So I generally agree that that Shyrae and MC are likely town (not 100% sure but convincingly). 
I am getting concerned about Mai's absence extending into 2 days and Robz rather abrupt change of pace confuses me.  I think Efhw is more likely the town out of those three...and I don't follow MC's argument about his failure to remove the vote.  It was a frantic deadline and I'm wiing to cut him a little slack.

I'm inclined to believe Mai's claim. Not sure I'm on the robz wagon...someone care to sell me the case?

I don't know how you could have missed my play....oh ya, you werent around at that critical deadline

Thanks. I feel like our choices are really thin here, I don't have a clear scum read to fall back on.

That's just crazy Shyrae.  I have consistently said I don't don't think we have a great candidate.  I'm tryin to help us get to consensus.  How is that scummy???

I'm not in favor of a shyrae lynch. He was right about fever ans deserves credit for trying to derail that lynch.  I'm less enthusiastic about robZ. In fact I think that's where I'll park my vote for now.
vote:robz

I really hope we guessed right on robz! I'm afraid it will get very tricky for us if that was a mislynch.
Alsoi haven't forgotten the way shyrae agressuvely ride a weak case on me, and perhaps I'm giving too much credit for his corect call on Eevee.  But I don't have much else to go on. I guess I should reread how vigorous his evee defense was.  But it seemed genuine at the time. I'm also willing to give him credit fir trying to work with Mc and I at deadline when everyone else was absent.

We need a list of who was on which wagons when they went down. I think given what happened st the last deadline we should know Me,Mai and Shyrae are in the clear. (Mai because of uncontested fool claim).that lesves jimm and efhw.  Efhw sas on robz.  So i think jimmm is out best bet
vote:jimmmm

I find it pretty unlikely that spirit would quickhammer his partner like that. I mean, it's possible but I can't really see it coming from a newbie.

I'm a bit wary of this, though with spiritbears help on day1 combined with this, I feel like he definitely is standing townier.

The problem is that since the witches have daychat Robz could have posted to his partner and demanded that his partner vote for him.  If this were a non-blitz game and spirit had done that without any possible communicationtu, I would clear him straight away.  But since the possibility exists that Robz told spirit exactly when to hammer, I'm wary to clear him entirely.
I sas referring to day one! I wanted some help with how the votes went down that day to put together with those on robz wagon. Isn't that the logical step...?also, I don't see why scum* would want to lynch their partner with only one left seems illogical to me. way top easy to pick off the last scum
Ah, I didn't see that you were talking about day1. My mistake. 

There are, however, reasons for lynching a partner.  At that point, Robz's death seemed like a done deal.  It can often be good for a partner to hammer trying to gain town-credit rather than protest Robz's lynch, which happens anyway, and then it immediately casts suspicions on the person who tried to defend Robz down to the final moment.
If Robz was a done deal, that completely undercuts efhw's claim that we needed more time to talk about it. Look, I saved Mc. And I hammered scumrob. And evidently getting very little credit....exactly what help has jimmm been?  And Efhw. Complaining about a supposed "quick hammer" reads to me like he's upset he couldnt get his vote off robzz in time???????

I agree that I haven't done much this game. I'm reminded why I almost swore off blitz games last time; they just never seem to suit me timewise.

Anyway. When I was asking shraeye before about what he thought of Robz I was considering the possibility of a shraeye/Robz team. shraeye continually going at Robz, and just sort of suggesting him in a bunch of different posts reminded me of yuma's bussing of Glooble in DS9. Off the top of my head, yuma didn't make a particularly solid case on Glooble, he just seemed to say, "What about Glooble? Why don't we lynch Glooble? Why has everyone forgotten about Glooble?" And of course they were scumbuddies. Could this be a similar situation? I don't know. What do others think, particularly mcmc and mail-mi? If we lynch Robz or shraeye, what if anything would their flip tell you about the other?
Here's the real dirt:  jimmm trying to set up shyrae after the immenent robzlynch.....
And particularly by asking the two fools to point the fos at shy

I'm not sure on EFHW yet, but I would be surprised if there wasn't scum in Robz/shraeye. Their more recent interactions have me talking myself around to exactly one scum, but I'm not sure.
Actually no one knew robzz had been lynched at that point.  But after we are made aware,he tries to push his non case on shy again without adding any information or any real case st all before the night fsll

I'm not sure on EFHW yet, but I would be surprised if there wasn't scum in Robz/shraeye. Their more recent interactions have me talking myself around to exactly one scum, but I'm not sure.
Actually no one knew robzz had been lynched at that point.  But after we are made aware,he tries to push his non case on shy again without adding any information or any real case st all before the night fsll

If I'm scum then I was actually doing the opposite of pushing a case on shraeye.

I agree with Jimmm's assessment here.  With that post (and given Robz's alignment), he was actually arguing against a shraeye lynch.
You've got to be joking.  There never was any shyrae lynch.  He was simply throwing dirt against the wall to see what would stick.  Tying you to robz without having to openly question it.

I don't see anything in what you just posted that casts any suspicion on shyrae. He rode robz hard.  And was right to do so.  His case on robz is what helped me cone around to a robz lynch and his case against eevee kept me from switching to an eevee vote when I saved Mc. 
Shy is town. No dout.
And it makes perfect sense for jimm to want to lynch me and ignore what Mc wanted us to do after robz....fund the other scum, which I now have no doubts about that being jimm. Im so sure, you can lunch me and when I flip town immediately get rid of him. (2-1).
I'll even self hammer

I dont' think a self-sacrifice will help town in this case.  For example, eevee's sacrifice to save mcmcsalot was a good one.  But now, our main goal is to focus all efforts on finding the last scum.

What are your thoughts on EFHW and Jimmmm.  I've seen you be critical of both of them.  Which is more worrisome?
Yes.  I was on efhw early,but  he handled it very well and didn't seem to be deflection. Since that time I don't think Ivebseen any hard evidence ieither way
Jimm on the other hand,while helpful at times, it seems to me hid "help" is more often than not--not psrticularly helpful and seems more like distractions désignés to keep town chasing our tails. Im fairly confident in my jimm vote.  And not because of his defensive reaction to me, but more because I think he's the best candidate given his non action day one and wrong action day2

I dont' think a self-sacrifice will help town in this case.  For example, eevee's sacrifice to save mcmcsalot was a good one.  But now, our main goal is to focus all efforts on finding the last scum.

What are your thoughts on EFHW and Jimmmm.  I've seen you be critical of both of them.  Which is more worrisome?
Yes.  I was on efhw early,but  he handled it very well and didn't seem to be deflection. Since that time I don't think Ivebseen any hard evidence ieither way
EFHW is still a she.

Jimm on the other hand,while helpful at times, it seems to me hid "help" is more often than not--not psrticularly helpful and seems more like distractions désignés to keep town chasing our tails. Im fairly confident in my jimm vote.  And not because of his defensive reaction to me, but more because I think he's the best candidate given his non action day one and wrong action day2
What wrong action are you talking about?
I'm sorry e!..my appoligies

By wrong action I mean his failure to be on the robz bus.

Here is the full extent of everything spirit said about Robz before he hammered him (I don't think I missed anything):

Well in to the our next play. I think Robzz has some answering to do for his tunneling Eevee z(MC you didn't disagree with hjs ultra-meta case). I'm less down to lynch Mai.  But that will depend on what he says and whether he joins this game in any real way.

I am getting concerned about Mai's absence extending into 2 days and Robz rather abrupt change of pace confuses me.

I'm inclined to believe Mai's claim. Not sure I'm on the robz wagon...someone care to sell me the case?

Okay, I'm not sure if we're supposed to interpret the second sentence as "Not sure I'm on the Robz wagon" or "I'm not sure on the Robz wagon". But either way this just reads to me like he's saying "Someone give me a reason to bus so that I can jump on the wagon and everyone will think I'm Town." The others, "Robz has some answering" and "Robz confuses me" are typical hedgy scum lines.

I'm not in favor of a shyrae lynch. He was right about fever ans deserves credit for trying to derail that lynch.  I'm less enthusiastic about robZ. In fact I think that's where I'll park my vote for now.
vote:robz

And then of course this weird hammer, and "I'm less enthusiastic about Robz" is all the reasoning he could come up with.
Nothing unreasonable there. I admitted derphammer so your continued tunneling of me looks with absolutely nothing to back it up is what looks scummy and desperate

So you admit to derphammering and then FoS everyone who had enough of a grasp on the game to not derphammer?
That's not what happened and it's a total scum play for you to try to twist it that way.  I derphammered and then asked for help putting together who was off wagon day one (not day two as you keep dishonestly claiming).  It's pretty clear what's going on here: you disliked my analysis of who the logicsl scum parted was (you) and are trying to distract the rest of town from putting it together. The only FoS I raised was for you....completely deserving obviously scum.

I've actually spent this time doing a total reread of Jimmmm, (which I can post, if you want to see it).  I didn't find anything that struck me as scummy.  So that leaves me with Spirit and Shraeye.  There's a case to be made against Spirit, as we all know.  I don't have much to point to re: Shraeye, except that the case he is currently making on me is quite thin.  Town wanting to believe a thin case or scum trying to press one?
"As we all know"???? Or rather. As Jimmm has tunneled and you're hoping for traction.
Shy makes a good read of you and he has generally had a good bead on scum this game
I think jimm is certainly defensive and has made some really scummy arguments about me, but it's probably just s big distraction.
Going away for night,but going to get in shy's train first
unvote; vote efhw

For what it's worth....Mai thought we were inter,,-town fighting and shy was scum. But, he did misread efhw. Also, I really depended on the case shy made against  efhw. So now not sure if I'm was being manipulated. One thing is certain, if the other town misvotes, scum will immediately jump on it and win. 
Jimm- I'm not sure why you are trying to manipulate everyone into misreading me after the the second night.  But I'm having s hard time getting past my emotions on this to see you as town....
Thinking back, shy was on my case until I saved Mc. Did he back off just so he could manipulate me later? Seems unlikely. 
This is a mess. I trust Shy a little mire than you I think.  But, I think your tunneling me is probably just misguided town.

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: April 26, 2013, 12:11:39 pm »

The problem is, each of you had done subtle things that convinced me you were town.  And I saw a few things from each of you that at times convinced me you were scum.  Very very back and forth in my mind, that was.

spiritbears

• Salvager
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: April 26, 2013, 12:11:46 pm »

Way to go
Postpunk Noisegazr Shoegazing Punks [whathe]Spirit Bears on Faith Cannon Records.  confusing and confounding since 05

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: April 26, 2013, 12:12:17 pm »

can i post now? RAGE!

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: April 26, 2013, 12:12:24 pm »

^ That's what I was working on. I was then going to do as much as I could on shraeye to appear like I was really trying to nut it out. Then I was going to get as much as I could out of confirmed Towns. So many of them had Townreads on me.

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: April 26, 2013, 12:12:45 pm »

Sorry Spirit, I was really really confused/lost at the end there, and it looked like you were backing off of Jimmm slightly too quickly.  That's what finally pushed me to make that bad decision.

Man! I should have trusted my instincts on you!

spiritbears

• Salvager
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: April 26, 2013, 12:12:56 pm »

The problem is, each of you had done subtle things that convinced me you were town.  And I saw a few things from each of you that at times convinced me you were scum.  Very very back and forth in my mind, that was.
Why didn't you give me a chance to respond????:????::::::
Ridiculous

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #585 on: April 26, 2013, 12:13:17 pm »

^ That's what I was working on. I was then going to do as much as I could on shraeye to appear like I was really trying to nut it out. Then I was going to get as much as I could out of confirmed Towns. So many of them had Townreads on me.
I put very little credit in what dead townsfolk say.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: April 26, 2013, 12:13:36 pm »

I had called the jimmm/robz scum team way back in the quicktopic. Good thing you guys killed me off night1!

Nice job robz/jimmm!

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: April 26, 2013, 12:16:09 pm »

I think being Blitz and my actually being busy had me sort of playing catch up all game. In LoTR I really felt like I had some degree of control, but in this game I just couldn't play the "pro-Town" game I would have liked to. Believe me though. Lurking as scum is never ever ever my plan. When I'm scum, I want to say as much as I can, and I'm generally confident in my ability to appear Towny. If anything if I was Town in this game I probably would have posted less.

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: April 26, 2013, 12:17:30 pm »

You did a great game Jimmmm, and I made a series of bad decisions with EFHW, with spirit.  Man, I was on every lynch wagon there.

Anyway, what tipped you off to Robz/Jimmm, yuma?

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: April 26, 2013, 12:18:18 pm »

and spirit, next time you need me to make a snap decision in your favor, just say "hey man, you owe me one"

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: April 26, 2013, 12:18:58 pm »

I put very little credit in what dead townsfolk say.

Yeah, I know. Around the EFHW lynch I was really tossing up whether I should change and keep mail-mi, my biggest supporter at the time alive. But I knew I had the most reason to keep him alive, and all I'd have to argue was WIFOM.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: April 26, 2013, 12:19:09 pm »

1. Jimmmmm  - 69
2. Mcmcsalot - 83
3. Shraeye - 110
4. Eevee - 30
5. EFHW - 66
6. Robz888 - 65
7. Spiritbears - 60
8. Mail-Mi - 27
9. yuma - 25

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: April 26, 2013, 12:19:55 pm »

Also, spirit's derphammer annoyed me, because I was ready to do the pro-Town hammer.

spiritbears

• Salvager
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: April 26, 2013, 12:20:06 pm »

and spirit, next time you need me to make a snap decision in your favor, just say "hey man, you owe me one"
[/quotel. Don't worry.  I'll definitely hang on to that marker

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: April 26, 2013, 12:20:18 pm »

1. Jimmmmm  - 69
2. Mcmcsalot - 83
3. Shraeye - 110
4. Eevee - 30
5. EFHW - 66
6. Robz888 - 65
7. Spiritbears - 60
8. Mail-Mi - 27
9. yuma - 25

I literally cannot believe how high my postcount is.  I guess it was inflated because I was alive for the whole time.  But maybe I just missed playing mafia, it had been a while.

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: April 26, 2013, 12:20:46 pm »

Also, spirit's derphammer annoyed me, because I was ready to do the pro-Town hammer.

Well clearly scum-hammers aren't protown enough to stop silly people from lynching you... :(

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: April 26, 2013, 12:20:53 pm »

You did a great game Jimmmm, and I made a series of bad decisions with EFHW, with spirit.  Man, I was on every lynch wagon there.

Anyway, what tipped you off to Robz/Jimmm, yuma?

I had just typed this up in the quicktopic like one minute before you voted:

I think it is Jimmm. His assertion that shraeye was doing what I was doing to Glooble in MXIX is false. It isn't the same. And I don't think he would make that assertion if I were still in the game. It is especially not true because bussing in blitz doesn't work the same as bussing in a regular mafia game, and I am starting to believe that hardcore bussing rarely works in regular games as well.

Furthermore, I found it very suspicious that Robz was all over mail-mi for lurking but never mentioned Jimmm about it. Now the situations were a bit different in that mail-mi had a VLA that was a bit odd and Jimmmm posted a bit more, but still had a VLA excuse.

And I think Jimmm was trying to set up a spiritbears mislynch yesterday followed today by a mislynch of you. I think he is in a slightly tighter spot today, but he may be able to get away with it.

I would be very surprised if it were either spiritbears or shraeye.

and this a day or so ago:

I think shraeye is town. Jimmm did try and set up the shraeye-Robz bussing thing. Which to me is nothing like my bussing on Glooble and was in a completely different game where we had 3 on a scum team. That sort of bussing in a blitz game is what causes scum to lose. I think Jimmm tried a shraeye mislynch to start, saw an opportunity with spiritbears and will retry the shraeye thing tomorrow with efhw to tag along.

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #597 on: April 26, 2013, 12:22:42 pm »

aha, well I never bothered once to check up on the reference to glooble/yuma.  shame on me.

spiritbears

• Salvager
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: April 26, 2013, 12:23:39 pm »

Well clearly scum-hammers aren't protown enough to stop silly people from lynching you... :(
Yes I was really surprised my hammer of robz was so sucessfulky turned against me

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: April 26, 2013, 12:24:16 pm »

Also sorry to everyone for bringing up the mail-mi VLA being scummy thing, although it was interesting to see how hard robz jumped on it!

We had a semi-discussion about it in the quicktopic a bit that was interesting as well.
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 27  All

Page created in 0.063 seconds with 16 queries.