Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42  All

Author Topic: ZMX: Blitz Mafia X - The Veteran Games - Mafia Win Flawlessly!  (Read 91074 times)

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
Re: ZMX: Blitz Mafia X - The Veteran Games (Day 2)
« Reply #1000 on: January 16, 2013, 03:26:36 pm »

BTW Robz congrats on doing an MXII. Hyper active scum.
"It is one of [Insomniacs] badges of pride that he will bus anyone, at any time, and he has done it over and over on day 1. I am completely serious, it is like the biggest part of his meta." - Dsell

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1001 on: January 16, 2013, 03:27:23 pm »

Believe it or not, Munch, that wasn't a conscious choice. Galz gave me a big opening to turn him around away from RObz and I took it (even though I thought it might be a trap). Once I had him back on Munch and everyone had chimed in that they were OK with it, there wasn't anything for it but to nudge it along. The fact that you had gone V/LA didn't even occur to me.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1002 on: January 16, 2013, 03:27:31 pm »

(And obviously congrats jo for replicating your town meta so well)
"It is one of [Insomniacs] badges of pride that he will bus anyone, at any time, and he has done it over and over on day 1. I am completely serious, it is like the biggest part of his meta." - Dsell

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1003 on: January 16, 2013, 03:27:57 pm »

(And obviously congrats jo for replicating your town meta so well)

Thanks! I thought invoking MII was a nice touch!
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1004 on: January 16, 2013, 03:29:07 pm »

ok, I seriously have work to do. but this was great fun. Thanks for twisting my arm into playing, ash.

He/him

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #1005 on: January 16, 2013, 03:29:49 pm »

BTW Robz congrats on doing an MXII. Hyper active scum.

Thank you. I had to give it a try. I think the timing of the wrapup of Pokemafia probably helped me, with you and Eevee being my scumbuddies, and me being revealed as lurking scum there.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

TheMunch

• Swindler
    • View Profile
« Reply #1006 on: January 16, 2013, 03:30:06 pm »

Also I was thinking this morning while I was getting read to leave, it was a TERRIBLE idea to talk about the scum hammering thing early on.  Scum is ONLY scared if they are hammering other scum so it helps us catch people that way but really all it does is make town terrified NOT to hammer for fear of looking really bad.

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1007 on: January 16, 2013, 03:30:18 pm »

ok, I seriously have work to do. but this was great fun. Thanks for twisting my arm into playing, ash.

Twist twist go play XI ;)

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1008 on: January 16, 2013, 03:33:02 pm »

No blitz is the worst for my work productivity. THE WORST.

He/him

TheMunch

• Swindler
    • View Profile
« Reply #1009 on: January 16, 2013, 03:33:16 pm »

Is it a normal setup?

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1010 on: January 16, 2013, 03:34:55 pm »

Is it a normal setup?

What's a normal setup? I mean there is something that hasn't been in a blitz game to date, and two completely new PR's that have been seen by a forum game yet.

TheMunch

• Swindler
    • View Profile
« Reply #1011 on: January 16, 2013, 03:41:20 pm »

Hmm.  Maybe if you need another let me know.

@Galz:  Thinking back I wasn't actually trying to sway you with an emotional appeal like you did D1.  I mean, at the time I thought you were conf!scum.  I thought all of that emotion was totally contrived.  I really did think you were a manipulative bastard for most of the game!  But yeah not an emotional ploy.  I really did think that the best way for town to win was for me to die.  Obv if I got lynched we lost (but what scum WOULDN'T say that... Even Robz said it RIGHT AFTER he called you out for being swayed by that argument) so I needed to be flipped via venge kill.  Town needed to know I was town to make the right choices.

Also a lot of people, myself included, need to reevaluate their scumtells...

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1012 on: January 16, 2013, 03:42:30 pm »

Galz, I did NOT actually think you were a manipulative bastard, but I was damned if I was going to let the town have a second IC if I could help it.

He/him

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1013 on: January 16, 2013, 03:43:32 pm »

Also, if you read the scum QT, you;ll see Robz and I were both legitimately scared of losing D2 once we thought about who we were up against. It was by no means a slam dunk.

He/him

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1014 on: January 16, 2013, 03:46:57 pm »

"Also Insom calling jo town. Jo PM'ed me about it, is convinced Insom will hate him forever."

False I do not hate you Jo I respect your solid play

TheMunch

• Swindler
    • View Profile
« Reply #1015 on: January 16, 2013, 03:52:11 pm »

I am sad that I called Joth but had literally 0 evidence for it.  I was telling the truth 100% that all the posts that made me question Joth and develop scum reads on him were the EXACT SAME that everyone used to say, "oh yeah, thats town!joth".  Meta arguments are terrible.  I for one will try to never use them again and call out anyone who does! :P

Ozle

• Cartographer
  • Sorry, this text is personal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1016 on: January 16, 2013, 03:52:24 pm »

Haha, town got played!
Try the Ozle Google Map Challenge!
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=7466.0

Sullying players Enjoyment of Innovation since 2013 Apparently!

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1017 on: January 16, 2013, 03:54:50 pm »

The thing is, TheMunch, I don't know if you've seen all the other times I tried and failed to mimic my town meta. Switch, for instance.

He/him

TheMunch

• Swindler
    • View Profile
« Reply #1018 on: January 16, 2013, 03:56:11 pm »

The thing is, TheMunch, I don't know if you've seen all the other times I tried and failed to mimic my town meta. Switch, for instance.

I only figured you out AFTER you fake claimed, FWIW.  Literally I dont think I had a scum read on you.  Then I hammered you.  Fun game.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1019 on: January 16, 2013, 03:57:35 pm »

WOrst fakeclaim. IIRC, I claimed to have investigated someone who was not even playing at that time.

He/him

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1020 on: January 16, 2013, 03:58:58 pm »

WOrst fakeclaim. IIRC, I claimed to have investigated someone who was not even playing at that time.

You claimed doc

TheMunch

• Swindler
    • View Profile
« Reply #1021 on: January 16, 2013, 03:59:32 pm »

Shraeye is right about me in the QT.  I am very slow to change my reads.  But I do regret not being more vocal day 1.  I was right after all.  But I hate how being right about anything is twisted into being a scum trait nowadays.  Like yes, if I was scum, I can always guarantee that I am right about my buddy and who town is.  But I think the level of conspiracy theory elaborate scheme posts needs to get toned way down.  Shraeye can tell you, I'm pretty sure every one of my conspiracy theories I've ever had has been wrong.  I'm glad mcmc wasn't scum for that very reason; it helps me down the path of: conspiracy theories are bad, simple explanations are much much better.

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1022 on: January 16, 2013, 03:59:41 pm »

(and to have docced Volt night 1 who subbed in for grujah day 2)

TheMunch

• Swindler
    • View Profile
« Reply #1023 on: January 16, 2013, 04:00:15 pm »

You claimed doc

Yeah and I was the doc hehehe.

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1024 on: January 16, 2013, 04:17:24 pm »

An aside. At the beginning of day 1 I asked how people felt about Eevee's post with the intent of looking for a certain answer I expected to come from scum. Two people answered the way I expected scum to, Galzria and.......Joth. I persecuted Galz while leaving Joth completely alone.
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42  All

Page created in 0.793 seconds with 16 queries.