Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 57  All

Author Topic: Role Madness VI: Mafia Noir - Home of the only TRUE Mafia: (MAFIA WIN)  (Read 113804 times)

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
Re: Role Madness VI: Mafia Noir - Home of the only TRUE Mafia: (Day 1 Begins!)
« Reply #575 on: January 17, 2013, 04:28:31 pm »

Really?  That's insane.  Worst. town. ever.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: January 17, 2013, 04:29:06 pm »

I was just getting to the end of catching up, was going to unvote, and we get doublederphammer from Jimmmmm/Cuzz????  HUGE FOS for tomorrow.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: January 17, 2013, 04:30:28 pm »

Well, I mean, we'll see.  But there's no way that was scum!robz, unless he was trying some INSANE gambit.  I just can't imagine it, though.  Did you just see his masterful scum play in ZMX?  Just doesn't compute!

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jimmmmm
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: January 17, 2013, 04:30:59 pm »

Call it a policy lynch. I'm not supporting the playstyle that goes "Lynch me! Lynch me! LYNCH ME!!! I told you to lynch me so now I'm an IC right?"

shraeye

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: shraeye
  • More Graph Theory please
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: January 17, 2013, 04:31:34 pm »

I'm going to mass post my notes so far; they aren't complete, as I've half-paid-attention to the things between 17 and 23.

My suspicions are on mcmc, Dsell, ashersky, joth somewhat, Robz is neutral, Eevee/Qvist good obviously.

Insom/jimm are medium-strong town.

Nobody else is popping out strong in my head rightnow.

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: January 17, 2013, 04:32:03 pm »

JIMMMM
#137 joke piles on mcmcsalot after Robz/ashersky.
Vote: mom salon

Let's get this wagon happening folks!

Nah, obviously not. Unvote

Although why the quick unvote, ms?

#177 no quicklynch, doesn’t really want nolynch on the table until closer to deadline.  Doesn’t think massclaims are best at day 1.

#283 Jimmm makes a really rational solid summary of the whole joth/Qvist/Eevee/ashersky event.
So I'm not sure what else to talk about here, nothing has really jumped out at me as scummy or otherwise. Wondering what people think about Eevee: how much Town cred do we give him for his 1-shot daycop claim? My thought is that the fact that this is a closed setup makes it less likely that scum would do something like that to someone not on their team, because they wouldn't know for sure if there's another scum team or SK, so if Qvist is scum then he knows that Eevee is also scum, and if Qvist is Town, then maybe Eevee put a target on himself to be NKed anyway? Not sure, it just doesn't seem like a smart scum move if you don't know if there are other scum lurking in the shadows. So I'm going to say that Eevee and Qvist are almost certainly on the same team. Next question, how often is it a good play to draw this much attention to yourself to give your team mate Town points? I'm not sure really. Seems like a gutsy move, especially this early in the day when there was no guarantee that Qvist was going to be lynched. So I think it most likely that they are both in fact Town.

/Captain Obvious

Having said that, strange behaviour is strange, from both Eevee and ash.
I agree with his analysis that Qvist/Eevee must be on the same team, because otherwise that’s just a silly scummove by Eevee.  I do think ashersky/Eevee are acting strangely, but I think that’s because ashersky is acting super-strange, and Eevee is trying to respond to it.

#318 Jimmm says that Dsell is mentioning a lot that he’s not around.  I agree that his over-mentioning of it (5 out of 12 posts) is suspicious.

#323 Jimmm has some brilliant ideas regarding the package.  I think I agree most with the agree not to steal it plan; the “let’s decide who gets it plan is interesting, but that might put a nightkill target on that person’s back, so I don’t like it for that reason.
Anyway, IF we're going to come to some sort of agreement re: the package here are a couple of ideas:

Agree not to steal it. That way if it is stolen (it won't be) we know it was by scum and we all become one-scum Cops.

Agree on a cycle (probably sign-up order) in which each person attempts to steal from the person in front of them in the cycle. Then at some point whoever's had the package tells everyone when they had it, and if it was disrupted at any point (again, probably won't be) maybe we can glean some information from that.

Whoever has the package claims and we together decide who should have it next. If they don't end up with it (they will) then we know scum has it.

The problem with the cycle option is that the cycle will include scum if we include all players, and if it were easy to only cut-out scum, then mafia would be an easier game than it is.  This also has problems with nightkills.  Basically, I think it’s more likely that the package started with town than with scum.  If this is the case then we can keep it where it started without any steals.  If at any point it is gone, the person who started with it should claim that, and we can all turn into cops for the one scum who stole it (this idea is brilliant).

Then again, Eevee’s next post he mentions that this could get him more day-cops.  Maybe we should pass it to him, make sure he has doctor protection, and keep it there?
Jimm, theorizing about the package is all well and good, and those are actually some solid ideas. I would prefer no plan, just because I feel that's the way it was intended and that's the way it will be most fun. Also, that way we can't make any glaring idiotic errors. We don't know how much the package is worth yet anyways, but I actually feel it might possibly award me some more day-cops so I might be an ok recipient for it. Lets hope I steal well! ... oh and again, if we have a doctor, freaking protect me please.
what do you all think of this plan?

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: January 17, 2013, 04:32:20 pm »

MCMCSALOT
#129 after Insomniac votes for him, mcmc panics and unvotes.
In post #135 Robz catches this, and I agree with what Robz says there.
Vote: Mcmcsalot, for unvoting because he was freaked out. Panic is a scumtell, too.
I jumped on this wagon in #139 for the sole reason to see what happened with added pressure.  But on reread, I wonder why that wagon just up and disappeared.
Don't even care about the votes on me getting to see more story is worth it.

Jimmmm’s defense (#146) seems reasonable; but it sort of obfuscates the reasons that Robz/ashersky voted for mcmcsalot.  They didn’t vote mcmcs because he “unvoted too quickly”.  A lot about that post felt very panicked.
I just went to look because I remembered mcmcsalot being very calm as scum with me in Blitz9.  But in that game nobody EVER voted for him.  This could be the first time we’ve seen scummcmcsalot facing serious pressure.

#170 mcmc acknowledges the wagon on him, but just asks how to get the game going.  Then says about his wagon, when asked directly by Insomniac, that the panic was just confusion coming out of RVS.  Says, “I would have been smart enough not to do that as mafia.”

In #174 I had analyzed this saying that Jimmm was uncomfortable with L-2 wagon, that nobody analyzed this wagon, and that mcmcsalot was super calm under pressure.  I think I’ve figured out why he was so calm under pressure there.  He realized that the main reason for the wagon on him was the panic he showed earlier, so he very deliberately showed no panic for the next set of posts waiting for suspicion to move on to somebody else.  It turns out I was the first to unvote and backdown, which I now think was the wrong move.

#185 mcmcsalot says he thinks people aren’t engaged in the game, because other ideas haven’t been fully commented on. Asks if I thought he was town, then why would I expect him to panic at L-3?
I don't currently have any beliefs about your alignment, I'm still not sure what to make of it.  I wasn't expecting you to panic, but I was expecting you to react in some way.  There's overreacting to suspicion, which often feels scummy. there's indignance, there's self-pity, there's a lot of emotions somebody might show over being voted to L-3 with no apparent reason.  You, however, reacted barely at all, and really were as calm as possible.  It struck me as one of the things I should take away from this wagon.
I’ve said this before, but I’m realizing now that NO reaction is super weird, and quite a deliberate action.  I think this was a scumploy.

Ooh, and mcmcs responses to that were also super weird.
Weeks from now when someone asks, what was mcmcsalots town meta again, this will be the post they refer too.
So you're saying you're/you expect to be more reactive/defensive when you're scum?
Not really, I don't think you can really announce your own town meta, let alone before completing more than one game. I think I'm a calm player overall regardless of alignment.
I said this before but his response is to declare his town-meta as calm, then to say that one can’t announce their own town-meta.  Basically saying that he’s overall calm, but then awkwardly sticking in a “oh yeah, I’m town” reminder.  I didn’t like it then, and I don’t like it now.

Later on mcmc said this about the whole secenario
Weeks from now when someone asks, what was mcmcsalots town meta again, this will be the post they refer too.

So this post was made quite jokingly, and when Jimm jumped on it I tried to explain that I wasn't serious about it but on a side note I do think I'm a calm player. Though I agree the posts were weird, I was trying to make jokes as the game was moving slowly, I'm not very good at it though.
I think an insistence to debate legitimate points with jokes “because the game is moving slowly” makes no sense.  Deflecting suspicion via jokes is a scumtrait in my book.

During the Qvist/joth event, mcmcsalot voted for jotheonah for pushing his read so hard (reminding mcmc of himself as scum pushing raerae’s case in Blitz9), but then unvotes when people tell him townjoth tunnels.

While reading Eevee’s long analysis #294, I recalled that I voted mcmcsalot/Qvist for largely the same idea, basically going off of a small suspicion and seeing what happened.  But I don’t recall having made any notes on mcmcsalot for a long time.  Now I’m suspicious for the way he disappeared post-Eevee-claim.

#314 yuma points out that mcmcs vote/unvote on jotheonah was scummy.  Yuma does point out that mcmc voted jotheonah for pushing a case hard, before we had even heard a response to the case from Qvist.  That is suspicious, it makes sense to wait until we have a response, and have had a chance to analyze it.

#332 from mcmcsalot
We've love your post, I do have a question about your robz ash theory. Right now you feel strongly that ash is town correct. And you have said if robz flips scum, ash is your number one suspect, then you vote robz isn't this like voting for your top town read?
First off, what do you mean by “we’ve love your post”?  Secondly, I don’t think this is what Eevee was saying that ash it town (wait, are you talking about Eevee’s post?).  Eevee said that ashersky was looking scummy to him, but that Robz’s flip would help him develop this read even more, I think.

mcmc says he won’t lynch Robz
I dislike the robz lynch only because I feel I can read him very well, I recently picked him out as scum and don't have any strong reads from him as well. Sorry I wasn't around today, I will definetly reread tomorow and get some more information out/ comment on robz and ash
This is odd, in that he’s saying he needs to reread, but at the same time is saying that he won’t lynch Robz because mcmc can read Robz well and mcmc isn’t getting any scumvibes from Robz.  Why is he so sure Robz is town if he isn’t actually caught up on things?  This sounds like scum tyring to buy some easy credit for being “against” a town-lynch that mcmc feels is about to go through.

Eevee also points out this is weird.
I dislike the robz lynch only because I feel I can read him very well, I recently picked him out as scum and don't have any strong reads from him as well. Sorry I wasn't around today, I will definetly reread tomorow and get some more information out/ comment on robz and ash
how can you have ANY reads on him!? he is refusing to post! unless you think that's a town tell?

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: January 17, 2013, 04:32:44 pm »

woah, real quick, don't forget about eevee, could be gambit, or else jimm OR cuzz is MAJOR scum
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: January 17, 2013, 04:33:01 pm »

insom and jo town for sure

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: January 17, 2013, 04:33:28 pm »

DSELL

#76 have read PM and skimmed thread;  don’t expect tons from him.
#217 Dsell is trying to remove himself from arguments to help reads
#219 says this was deflecting by Qvist
#246 says he considered placing out but will stay in as there’s not much to catch up on.  Mentions again wanting to stay out of the fray. Votes Qvist because “sometimes obvious tells are just plain correct”
This is suspicious to me, the way he votes and brings Qvists wagon up quite high despite not actually being caught up.
Dsell is the most suspicious qvist voter, I feel.

#318 Jimmm says that Dsell is mentioning a lot that he’s not around.  I agree that his over-mentioning of it (5 out of 12 posts) is suspicious.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #585 on: January 17, 2013, 04:33:34 pm »

others im not sure, my bro could be either way, probably i lean town

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: January 17, 2013, 04:34:32 pm »

ASHERSKY
#98 asks for a full random lynch
God, I hope he’s kidding

#109 he also doesn’t want massclaim; and votes Robz for asking for it
#156 starts talking about package; thinks we should announce things a la MXI.

#250 immediate suspicion on Eevee’s cop.
Why is this there?  I don’t like how quickly he was suspicious of Eevee, and the sort of jokey way he handled ‘admitting’ that Eevee was correct about Qvist.

#256 says Dsell is scummiest; asks us to look at the vote
Ashersky doesn’t actually say why this vote is scummy, which is odd.  Possibly it’s because he’s willing to vote Qvist and put his wagon high despite not actually being caught up on things?  If that’s what ashersky means, then I agree.  I also think Dsell is the most suspicious, and that is my reason.

#266 Eevee prefers Robz, and maybe even ashersky
I agree that ashersky is looking super weird in the wake of Eevee’s claim

#271 Finally ashersky says that he doesn’t find Eevee that believable.
It’s ashersky who’s looking weird, I think.  I would not be surprised if he was scum.

Ashersky gives his reasons here:
I didn't vote you, I sheeped you.  What sort of OMGUS is that?

100% of all claimed cops are really cops, right?

Your behavior is erratic.  It's all over the place.  Here's how I see your behavior today (real life day):

"...I'm a one-shot-day-cop and Qvist is innocent!"

"...so, who's scummy on the wagon?  Maybe Robz?"

"...okay, I'll vote Dsell, but I really think it's Robz."

"...huh, shraeye pointed out my contradiction in my own posting, it must mean ashersky is scummy!"

"...okay, I'll vote ashersky for OMGUSing me even though he didn't vote for me, which actually makes my vote an OMGUS vote for him saying I'm seeming more scummy."

Did I miss anything there?
I think most of this looks reasonable to me.  The reason he votes you instead of Robz is the way you jumped to a Dsell vote instead of a Robz vote when eevee thinks that the two have very similar reasons.  Then that you claimed your Dsell vote was “sheeping the cop” who you have already said that you don’t believe, AND when it’s your analysis that made the cop vote Dsell.  Also, OMGUS is possible without votes.  You were announcing suspicion on Eevee at this point, publicly doubting that he was a cop, which implies that he’s scum.

Then in #278 you say that your Dsell vote is to prod him??  What? No ashersky definitely said that Dsell was scummiest.  You don’t vote scummy people to prod them, you vote them to lynch them.
I'm not sure if these votes are because people think I'm actually scummy or just to prod me. I suppose I get it if my spot on the Qvist wagon looks suspicious but how am I supposed to defend myself from that? It was a genuinely scummy thing to do and it's not like I just hopped aboard the wagon with no reason.

I think I lean toward prodding more than lynching.  I mean, everyone voting Qvist felt it was scummy.

Dsell says in #281 that ashersky is distancing himself from his own vote/opinion, and that it is odd.  I agree completely.

#296 Now ashersky is assuming Eevee IS cop, but is wary.  I dislike how back and forth ashersky is on whether he believe this claim or not.  It’s like his gut reaction is contradicting what he wants his public reaction to be.  That seems scummy.
We've had some "who's scummiest" chats on the wagon, based on reasoning, sheeping, etc.  How else can we glean info from this data?  As long as Eevee isn't playing us, we can safely assume Qvist is town, so his interactions should tell us something.  Not sure what though.
Also in this post, he ignores Dsell.  Then later gets the order that Dsell jumped off on all wrong.

#352 Ahhh, this does clear up some confusion regarding ashersky
I actually had "but shraeye was the scummiest vote on Qvist" ready to go, because I thought you had just come in with "no time to read, oh Qvist is scummy, plop" but then I re-read and saw it was Dsell, not Robz.

I'm sheeping the cop, who voted Dsell.
!!!

Ashersky, can you explain this post?

I'll try.  You had asked, at the time, who was the scummiest voter on Qvist.  My immediate reaction, without having re-read, was shraeye.  I just seemed to remember that shraeye had come in with a "no time to read, oh wait Qvist is scummy" vote.  So in that quote, the "you" means shraeye.  I was responding to something he said, so I used "you" but it wasn't very clear.

So, my gut said shraeye was the scummiest voter.  Eevee said Robz.  Then I re-read and saw that the person who said what I thought shraeye had said was Dsell, and so I said Dsell.

Does that make sense?

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: January 17, 2013, 04:34:45 pm »

woah, real quick, don't forget about eevee, could be gambit, or else jimm OR cuzz is MAJOR scum

Nah, wouldn't have still voted if I was scum, guess that makes me an IC right?

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: January 17, 2013, 04:35:21 pm »

JOTHEONAH
#201 wants people to vote archetype for textbook actilurking.
#210 joth calls a Qvist/Archetype scumteam

#237 Eevee suspects that scumJoth could act exactly as townJoth does.
We recently saw scumJoth fool people by recreating his town-meta in the last blitz game as well.  Now I’m suspicious of this man.

#284 Says there could in fact be no scum on the Qvist wagon.  I doubt this, I do think that ashersky is acting very weird; and am suspicious of Dsell as well.  I’m sorta neutral-suspicious on jotheonah.  Robz actually looked the towniest to me.

#288 says that he was feigning conviction on Qvist just to get something to happen. I could see this as both towny, as the reason he says he made up his conviction, and his reaction to the whole event read towny.  Still, I am a bit hung up,and I can’t put my finger on exactly why.  I’m going to shift joth to neutral-town.
But the way I see it now, we got the first flip for free without even having to kill a townie to do it. Which effectively ends the day 1 mentality (which I hate) while still giving us plenty of day 1 to work with. So we should be acting more or less like this is the start of Day 2, and we lynched Qvist and he flipped town. Except we don't have a nightkill and Qvist is still around. We should be taking our time and not rushing to a lynch, but we absolutely should use this wagon and this info.

#292 jumps on my Qvist-vote because I don’t sheep as town.
But I do sheep like this as town (yes I also build cases sometimes, really anything to generate discussion).  I did almost exactly this in Casino day1 when I voted Cuzz.

#328 he says the package may be a MacGuffin. Hmmm, this may be true.

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: January 17, 2013, 04:36:09 pm »

THREAD LOCKED

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: January 17, 2013, 04:49:53 pm »

I see three possibilities here:
-Robz is scum and trying his darnedest to pull off a super weird scum gambit so he can laugh at us all if we fall for it.
-Robz is Town trying to game his Town meta so that he can do this when he's scum, which I think is terrible sportsmanship and does an injustice to this game and the work the mods have put into it, and the correct response is to lynch him to discourage this sort of behaviour.
-Robz has some weird role which will explain his weird behaviour.
I haven't read anything beyond this yet but ding ding ding. Jimm continues to make sense! Drunk at a bar, cant read further yet, expext more later (if Robz still lives, I don't even mind if he doesnt he deserves it.)

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: January 17, 2013, 05:18:04 pm »

I apologize for the delay. You've caught me fresh out to lunch, and I can't write anything up. eHal has everything he needs, including the guidelines for the flavor, but if he doesn't feel comfortable writing it you'll just need to wait patiently.

THREAD STILL LOCKED
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: January 17, 2013, 05:32:27 pm »

It was a quiet day at the Reardon Detective Agency.

I had a hangover, and business was so slow I was rereading old newspapers.

"Mafia Takes Over Old West"
"Rash Of Alien Abductions Spooks Veterans"
"Cat Wars Recommence"

That's when the phone rang.  Cut through the fog in my head like a hot knife through butterscotch schnapps.  Only way to stop it... was to answer it.

"Reardon speaking."
"Rigby?  Higgins here."

The Commish.  I winced a little more.  A call from the fuzz usually meant a job on the cheap - or worse.

"...to what do I owe the pleasure, Commissioner?"
"A corpse and a puzzle, Rigby.  Right up your alley."
"Sorry Commissioner, but I'm tied up with an important,
paying client.  I'll read about your success catching this crook in the papers."
"You so sure, Rigby?  I'd have thought you'd take this one... personal."

"...personal?"
"Marlowe's office, Rigby.  I wager you'll be there in 20 minutes."

I was there in 10.

The Commissioner surveyed the office again.  What a mess!  Everything overturned, papers everywhere, and he couldn't tell what damage was done by the perps and what was caused by his own incompetent men.  Leaving the crime scene left unattended for over 2 hours, and they didn't even catch the suspect!

A whistle came from the door.  The Commissioner turned to find a man appraising the rundown office.

"Rigby.  You got here quick."

Rigby stepped over the broken glass.  His steely gaze swept the corners of the room, picking out details that ordinary men would dismiss.  Or so the Comissioner imagined.

Rigby crouched by Marlowe's body and lifted the cloth that had been placed over his face.  He murmured a few inaudible words before standing up.  His expression was inscrutable.  Rigby paced around the body twice, then began poking at other seemingly insignificant spots in the room -- a tipped over garbage can, a pile of magazines, scraps of torn packaging, the open file cabinet.

As the detective worked his gumshoe magic, a messenger came calling from HQ.

"Commissioner!"
"Yeah, what is it?"
"There's been another death, sir."
"Another!  Who was it?"
"Nick Charles, sir."

Nick Charles was an old friend of Marlowe's.  In fact, he had been asking about the investigation just that morning.  First Marlowe, now Charles... it couldn't be a coincidence.

"Rigby!  You need to hear this..."

Votecount: 1.8

Robz888 (7): Eevee, Qvist, Yuma, Ashersky, mcmcsalot, Jimmmmm, Cuzz
Shraeye (2): Jotheonah, Robz888
Qvist (1): Dsell

Not Voting {3}: Archetype, Insomniac, Shraeye

Robz888 has been lynched.  He was Nick Charles, Town Cop.

Night 1 has begun.
Deadline is set for 48 hours. We'll call it 5:30 PM (forum time) on Saturday evening. The deadline for D2 will then be 2 Weeks + 2 days, to put it to Monday Evening (to avoid a weekend deadline).

Please send all Night actions to myself, Voltgloss, and eHalcyon. Your night action may be submitted multiple times, and I will accept as final whichever submission I receive LAST. Your submission on the package will only be accepted once, and will be logged according to the date and time in which the mods receive it. We will compile the ordering of events in regards to the package and sent out a PM to each player just prior to the start of D2 with any results they may have received.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2013, 08:16:00 pm by Galzria »

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: January 17, 2013, 08:17:00 pm »

Lynch post updated with night deadline information.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: January 19, 2013, 11:57:26 am »

Update:

I'm going to extend the night deadline by about 36 hours - I've received relatively few night actions, and given that it's the weekend I'm skeptical that they'll all suddenly come pouring in. Since I was planning on extending the D2 deadline anyway to make sure it ended on a Monday, it'll be just as easy to extend the N1 deadline instead to achieve the same result. ((Also, I kinda forgot that coaching for baseball began today, and I'm going to be gone/away/busy for much of the day, and I'll have little time to write the flavor)).

As such, the new deadline is going to be 6:00 am, Monday morning, January 21st (forum time). This will be the final deadline however - so make sure you get your actions in! If you miss that one, you'll do nothing, and I'm sure nobody wants that!

Mafia Record:

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: January 21, 2013, 12:06:00 pm »

I watched as the commissioner had a few brief words with the man who had just come in.

Reardon, I'm going to have to check out the scene for Charles.

Of course commissioner. If there's anything I can do...?

No... No. Rigby, I don't want to get you more involved. Some of our best people are dying and I don't want to be seeing you next!

Well, alright. I'll just be heading back to my office then. But I want to pay my last respects before I go. You can be on your way commissioner.

Yes, I suppose that's for the best then. Well, goodbye Rigby. Stay well.

With that he swept out the door, leaving me in the disastrous remains of Marlowe's office. I looked around. The commissioner had no idea how deep this ran. I was already in danger. But danger from what exactly... I didn't yet know.

What I did know, was that Marlowe wasn't dead. Or at least, he wasn't killed here. Oh, the body on the floor was as cold as my morning martini, but the problem is, it wasn't Marlowe's.

I'm not surprised nobody had noticed. The likeness was striking. In truth I hadn't noticed at first glance myself. But Marlowe and I go back many, many years, and while the commissioner had been getting the details on the Charles murder I had stolen a closer look.

There was no doubt about it. Someone wanted us to think Marlowe was dead - and that gave me hope that he was still alive.

I took one last look around. I needed some information. It was time to start making some house calls...

----------

I was a little uncomfortable leaving Reardon alone in Marlowe's office, but I had to get down to see the Charles scene. Still, I just knew that he was up to something, and I knew that "back to the office" wasn't where he was headed next. There was also the strangest look in his eye, like he knew something... But I couldn't place what.

I was still chewing over everything that had happened as I stepped out of Marlowe's building and onto the street. Still raining.

I pulled out my umbrella and opened it up, looking out across to the old clock tower. Another mystery I hadn't gotten to the bottom of.

Suddenly there was a loud commotion just up the street.

Hey, watch it kid!

A young man of about 17 was barreling down the street in my direction. He was running straight for me.

Just then a car came flying around the corner. It's windows cracked just enough to fit the nozzle of a gun out.

Everybody get down!

I jumped back into the archway of Marlowe's building just as the sounds of bullets filled the air. It only lasted 5 seconds, and then the car was gone.

I stepped back out and quickly ordered my men to try and track the car. We had to catch these bastards!

I looked up the street to see if anybody was hurt, and that's when I saw the body of the kid lying in a pool of blood about 50 meters away.

I walked over and looked down at him. I didn't know him. A newspaper vendor who had hid behind his little stall during the shooting came over and stood by my side

These are sad, dark times we're living in. First we get the death of Marlowe in the paper this morning, and now this. I wish the commissioner would do something about the crime in this city!

I sigh to myself. I wish I could do something about it as well. I look over at the man standing beside me. Short, little underfed, clothes showing wear spots. Nothing out of the ordinary.

Did you know this kid?

Well sure, I mean, everybody knows him. Doesn't have a home this one, does he? He's lived out here on the streets for years. Name's... Uh... Damn, well I'm sure it'll come to me.

A street rat, huh? I wonder who that was that shot him, and why they wanted him dead.

Well, rumor on the street is that he was working as an informant for a well known investigator who had taken up the Marlowe case. Heard he was reporting back to Nick Charles. Oh! That's right, he went by his street name Jotheonah, but his real name was Jerry Connolly. He made a name for himself as being able to watch or track anyone because of his scrawny size.

Huh. Charles informant huh? And he was obviously trying to reach me with some sort of information. Damn! This was getting out of hand! First Marlowe, then Charles, and now this poor kid.

Where the hell did it all end?

Well, thanks for the information. Mind if I grab a paper from you?

No, of course not. One quarter please. I better get in the rest of my business now before the cops arrive and scare everybody off.

----------

Mafia Record:

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #597 on: January 21, 2013, 12:52:22 pm »

The world slowly begins to come back to me. I had a splitting headache and all I could hear was this constant, never ceasing background noise. It sounds like men's voices, but the words were all blurred together. I certainly can't make them out.

I try to open my eyes, but all I see is darkness. A blindfold, by the feel of the cloth around my head. Funny, I didn't notice that at first.

God this headache was killing me. Where was I anyway? Last thing I remember was a monster of a man knocking me cold in my own office.

I try to move my hands, but nothing doing. They're tied tightly behind my back. The chair I'm sitting in seems to be made of wood - it's not cold enough to be metal. Still, there's no padding on it, and I can tell by how sore my lower body is that I've been sitting here for hours.

Why won't that noise shut UP! I wish I could think clearly. Obviously nobody had noticed that I was awake yet - so I probably wasn't being closely watched. Either that, or they just don't care.

I realize that I need to shake this headache off. I need to focus. I take a few deep breaths and try as hard as I can to listen in on the background conversation. There are two men, from the sound of it...

Ha! We've got them running around like chickens with their heads cut off!

Today is our time my friend. Our time indeed. The Commissioner is losing his top men by the hour. By next week we'll run this whole damn town. And it's all up from there!

Hey... Hey, did you hear? Apparently there's been another death as well! This time it was a world renown Doctor! Apparently he started identifying a few too many important diseases, and someone thought things could get messy. His name was Clinton Reed.

You mean Jimmm? Yeah, I had heard he was in town, but I had no idea he'd been whacked! Haha! Oh this is going to be a wonderful day! We better tell the boss, make sure he's all up to speed. We gotta give our report on Marlowe anyway, right?

Yeah, let's get this done with. I'm hungry. Must be nearly One o'clock

Dammit! I cursed under my breath. I can't believe Jimmm had been killed. He was expecting me for lunch today to talk about a lead on a new bio-chemistry war being launched. Somehow these all tied together. For now though, it seemed there wasn't much I could do. The thugs would be in here any moment, and then it would be time to meet their boss.

Guess all I could do at this point was wait...

Mafia Record:

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: January 21, 2013, 01:13:57 pm »

Votecount: 2.1

Not Voting {10}: Archetype, Ashersky, Cuzz, Dsell, Eevee, Insomniac, mcmcsalot, Qvist, Shraeye, Yuma

With 10 alive, it takes 6 to lynch.

Deadline is February 4th, 10:00 PM forum time.

DAY 2 HAS BEGUN!

Mafia Record:

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: January 21, 2013, 01:18:26 pm »

Doctor, Tracker/Watcher AND Cop. Yikes.

2 Deaths means either we have a vig that believes in shooting, or a serial killer OR multiple scum factions.

Jimm was the L-1 on Robz so he sort of comes of scummy if he thought Robz was the cop, Joth also kind of seemed scummy with how certain he was Robz was town and sure enough Robz did flip town.

Given that I think it is more likely we are dealing with a Vig/SK then it is multiple scum factions.

Although I have no idea who the Vig/SK would have shot out of that bunch.
"It is one of [Insomniacs] badges of pride that he will bus anyone, at any time, and he has done it over and over on day 1. I am completely serious, it is like the biggest part of his meta." - Dsell
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 57  All

Page created in 0.14 seconds with 19 queries.