Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 28  All

Author Topic: Blitz Mafia IV: A Veteran Battle of Wits (Flawless Town Win!)  (Read 65021 times)

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
Re: Blitz Mafia IV: A Veteran Battle of Wits (Day 1 has begun!) - PM for Spec
« Reply #225 on: November 16, 2012, 03:46:02 pm »

@Frisk

I'd love to hear your two top scumreads now.

@everyone, we should start angling for a lynch soon, actually.  Get on that.

eevee #1 for sure.

I'll go sfs for #2, because I like the insomniac case... adn the fact that he did that research will move him to my preferred townie.
I support funsockets.... taking as much time as they need to get it right.

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: November 16, 2012, 03:46:21 pm »

@SFS are you serious? I didn't tell anyone to read those games until I posted my case on you, my case on you relies on you either believing me or going and reading those games, since you have no verifiable way to know that I am town I suggested reading those games. And when I posted my case and even now there is still time to skim those games for the required information.

RE-Vote: SFS
"It is one of [Insomniacs] badges of pride that he will bus anyone, at any time, and he has done it over and over on day 1. I am completely serious, it is like the biggest part of his meta." - Dsell

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: November 16, 2012, 03:47:24 pm »

I agree with Ins on the SfS thing.

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: November 16, 2012, 03:51:52 pm »

What's the case against Galzria? He's the leading lynch candidate, but definitely on the townier side as far as I can tell. I do think an SFS lynch is superior there. Although, I can't really tell if SFS is super guilty of the posting style that Insomniac accused him of.

I'm also annoyed--although it's not his fault, IRL stuff--that Eevee is clearly not going to be around much more, and just disappearing for the rest of the day is probably a pretty good way to avoid getting lynched. At least it has been as we approached deadlines in other games. It would be one thing if I didn't suspect Eevee, but I do.

Then there's Frisk, and I've posted my suspicion of Frisk: his paranoia about the scumslip I did think was scummy, but I'm the only one who seems to have noticed it. Of course, some of the people may have not noticed it on purpose in order to protect Frisk, if he is scum.

That leaves Insomniac, who I don't have any specific suspicions of at the moment.

So I guess I'm like this right now:

Would lynch: SFS, Eevee

Might lynch: Frisk

Very hesitant to lynch: Galzria, Insomniac

PPE Looks like Frisk and Insomniac are on the same page as me.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: November 16, 2012, 03:53:21 pm »

Uh.... SFS, Eevee, Galzria scum team?

SwitchedFromStarcraft

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: November 16, 2012, 03:54:22 pm »

I find this (103):

Unvote to avoid any RVS confusion.

followed by this (109):
Should we vote jimmmmm for lurking?

followed by this (112):

@Shraeye didn't see a slip.

Unvote

Vote: SwitchedFromStarcraft for even talking about voting for an IC.

to feel a WHOLE lot like daychat-plotted scheming, irrespective of the vote on me. 
You may have something here.  I imagine that plots/schemes are being hatched in daychat, but I wonder how blatant they will be when played out in thread.  One question though, what do you mean by "irrespective of the vote on me"  Like, if Insom hadn't voted, you would still have felt like Frisk was leading a one-man plot against you?
By "irrespective of the vote on me" I meant "and I'm not saying this because the vote was specifically on me". (see the next sentence of that post, which you did not quote.) And to be clear, I have not said Frisk was leading, and I'm specifically saying that IMO two people are involved.

In fact, if you were not an IC, I would be making a lot of hay over these three things - omission of a critical part of a quote, mis-representing that I said something I didn't say, and putting words in my mouth.  So instead, let me say this: I always hold people accountable for what they write, and you will not get a free pass.  We don't want anyone drawing incorrect conclusions from bad data.
Quote from: Donald X.
Posting begets posting.

Quote from: Asper
Donald X made me a design snob.

There is a sucker born every minute.

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: November 16, 2012, 03:59:00 pm »

Have we learned what the scumslip was?  I'm curious!

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: November 16, 2012, 04:00:50 pm »

This seems non-sequitur where did this come from is it because you think frisk and I town? Did you see Eevee agreeing with my SFS case?
"It is one of [Insomniacs] badges of pride that he will bus anyone, at any time, and he has done it over and over on day 1. I am completely serious, it is like the biggest part of his meta." - Dsell

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: November 16, 2012, 04:03:12 pm »

What's the case against Galzria? He's the leading lynch candidate, but definitely on the townier side as far as I can tell. I do think an SFS lynch is superior there. Although, I can't really tell if SFS is super guilty of the posting style that Insomniac accused him of.

I'm also annoyed--although it's not his fault, IRL stuff--that Eevee is clearly not going to be around much more, and just disappearing for the rest of the day is probably a pretty good way to avoid getting lynched. At least it has been as we approached deadlines in other games. It would be one thing if I didn't suspect Eevee, but I do.

Then there's Frisk, and I've posted my suspicion of Frisk: his paranoia about the scumslip I did think was scummy, but I'm the only one who seems to have noticed it. Of course, some of the people may have not noticed it on purpose in order to protect Frisk, if he is scum.

That leaves Insomniac, who I don't have any specific suspicions of at the moment.

This is the second time you've called me townie in the face of two votes on me. My original scumread on you (posted somewhere back a few pages now) was over your joining the party somewhat late last night (even though you appeared to be around the forums), and when you did post, you came swooping in to pick up and push my argument against Eevee's case almost word for word. I felt then like you were trying to get on my good side and that hasn't changed. You've said now that I appear "townie" to you, and while you're right, as scum you would know you were without having to provide a reason - which you haven't.

So would you please elaborate on your town read of me? I don't trust people who are right but give no reason for being so. Comes across as "I'm right and know I am so this won't get contested". Well, I want an actual reason please.
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

SwitchedFromStarcraft

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: November 16, 2012, 04:03:25 pm »

@SFS are you serious? I didn't tell anyone to read those games until I posted my case on you, my case on you relies on you either believing me or going and reading those games, since you have no verifiable way to know that I am town I suggested reading those games. And when I posted my case and even now there is still time to skim those games for the required information.

Again, misdirection.  The first two lines of your 217 read:

"So it's not the longest case in the world and it's a heavy meta argument, some of you may agree with me others may not.

If you have the time go look at ZM1, ZM2 and to a lesser extent MIV where SFS was town. In these games you might notice a similar posting pattern I sure did.
"

So BEFORE you laid out the "case", you suggested (my word) we go look at the games.  At the end of sentence two, have you made your case?  Does sentence 2 come BEFORE, sentence three?  I stand by exactly what I wrote, including the "ostensibly" and the fact that its a wonderful way to divert town, under time pressures.

Quote from: Donald X.
Posting begets posting.

Quote from: Asper
Donald X made me a design snob.

There is a sucker born every minute.

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: November 16, 2012, 04:03:28 pm »

This seems non-sequitur where did this come from is it because you think frisk and I town? Did you see Eevee agreeing with my SFS case?

Well, as town, if you pick 2 other townies, everyone else is scum.  This game is super hard like that.

shraeye

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: shraeye
  • More Graph Theory please
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: November 16, 2012, 04:03:41 pm »

Let me set out my reads without much explanation as we start working towards a lynch.  I'll explain later, but I have to leave for a seminar soon.

I think Eevee is town; at the beginning I had a strong feeling that way.  It hasn't been reaffirmed in a while, so that's perhaps dwindling.

Frisk is also town I believe.  Read through his posts, he's been very genuine and helpful I believe.

Galzria started with a minor scumread, and he hasn't done much to swing it either way.

SFS seems to be scummy but I need to carefully consider what he's said more before I reach a conclusion.  It's harder for me to unwind dense posts.

Robz is also slightly mysterious to me, I'll post more when I do research soon.

Insomniac is my current scummiest read.  I'm fairly confident he's scum

Vote: insomniac

Also, y'all can forget about the "scumslip" in 60-79.  It wasn't a scumslip at all as some people may have guessed.  It was #74, a very towny point of view, and Frisk I think was the first person to publicly use this argument.  It surprised me at first but is obviously the correct town perspective, and I was wondering if any scum would jump at the opportunity to agree with an IC calling it a scumslip.  But an interesting fact in this game is, if you are town and see 3 people other than yourself agreeing on something, then one of them is scum.

This is one reason why I am currently not ok with the SFS lynch.  I need to sort out the fact that Frisk, Eevee, Insom, and Robz all think he's scummy.  If indeed SFS is scum, then one of his partners is bussing him.  If he is town, then at least 2 of that group is scum.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: November 16, 2012, 04:05:06 pm »

No I didn't see Eevee do that, I was just quickly counting up the people who hadn't expressed willingness to lynch SFS.

But I read Eevee's comment as a transparently anybody-but-me wagon join-ish.

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: November 16, 2012, 04:05:27 pm »

Just a note shraeye - if we deviate from eevee, we will 100% require some scum to lynch anyone else.

I think that scum will want to bus, because they can't leave all 3 not voting day 1, but its just something we need to be aware of.

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: November 16, 2012, 04:07:25 pm »

Again, misdirection.  The first two lines of your 217 read:

"So it's not the longest case in the world and it's a heavy meta argument, some of you may agree with me others may not.

If you have the time go look at ZM1, ZM2 and to a lesser extent MIV where SFS was town. In these games you might notice a similar posting pattern I sure did.
"

So BEFORE you laid out the "case", you suggested (my word) we go look at the games.  At the end of sentence two, have you made your case?  Does sentence 2 come BEFORE, sentence three?  I stand by exactly what I wrote, including the "ostensibly" and the fact that its a wonderful way to divert town, under time pressures.

The entire post is my case so if you read only some of it sure I suggest it before but I consider that entire post to be my case so. Your wrong and enjoy hating it.

PPE: I see Shraeye is also wrong and didn post much of a reason for me to respond to

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #240 on: November 16, 2012, 04:09:52 pm »

@Frisk Remember plurality lynches

@Insom it's coming; i'm busy right now.

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: November 16, 2012, 04:10:40 pm »

I don't like robz,insom and galz agreeing, as one of Themis scummmmmm

#74 for reference.  I suppose that it should say "at least" one.  "Themis" is a secret code that indicates ipad posting.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: November 16, 2012, 04:11:34 pm »

This is the second time you've called me townie in the face of two votes on me. My original scumread on you (posted somewhere back a few pages now) was over your joining the party somewhat late last night (even though you appeared to be around the forums), and when you did post, you came swooping in to pick up and push my argument against Eevee's case almost word for word. I felt then like you were trying to get on my good side and that hasn't changed. You've said now that I appear "townie" to you, and while you're right, as scum you would know you were without having to provide a reason - which you haven't.

So would you please elaborate on your town read of me? I don't trust people who are right but give no reason for being so. Comes across as "I'm right and know I am so this won't get contested". Well, I want an actual reason please.

The reason I don't suspect you as much as others is that you haven't done anything to raise my suspicion.

Eevee: Was blatantly, weirdly, continuously wrong.
Frisk: Paranoid scumslip would incriminate him.
SFS: Returned to RVS, maybe did Insomniac's posting thing.

So you and Insomniac get to be my townier reads by default. I also think both of you are in keeping with your town metas, maybe.

But now I have to review shraeye's case on Ins...

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: November 16, 2012, 04:12:32 pm »

I assure you that I am town. And I know scum is agreeing with me but that doesn't mean they aren't busing. Note how reluctant any of those agreeing are to get on the wagon. Eevee and frisk both expressed agreeance but did not join me

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: November 16, 2012, 04:12:49 pm »

A strange team.  Isn't Eevee's vote on Galzria, and he has expressed a scumread on SFS??

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: November 16, 2012, 04:13:30 pm »

I assure you that I am town. And I know scum is agreeing with me but that doesn't mean they aren't busing. Note how reluctant any of those agreeing are to get on the wagon. Eevee and frisk both expressed agreeance but did not join me
I'm much more convinced that frisk/eevee are town than I am convinced of your towniness.

Voltgloss

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: November 16, 2012, 04:13:45 pm »

Vote Count 1.4:

Eevee (1, u1): Jimmmmm
SwitchedFromStarcraft (2, u2): Robz888, Insomniac
Galzria (1, u2): shraeye, Eevee
Insomniac (1, u1): shraeye

Not voting (3): Galzria, SwitchedFromStarcraft, Captain_Frisk

With 8 alive it takes 5 to lynch.

Day 1 ends Friday, November 16 at 9:00 p.m. forum time.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: November 16, 2012, 04:14:46 pm »

A strange team.  Isn't Eevee's vote on Galzria, and he has expressed a scumread on SFS??

I didn't remember where Eevee's vote was, and he hadn't expressed the scumread at the time I wrote the post (PPE fail).

But, look, scum are going to be "expressing scumreads" on their scumbuddies, for sure for sure.

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: November 16, 2012, 04:15:55 pm »

I'm much more convinced that frisk/eevee are town than I am convinced of your towniness.

Im not even saying that they are scum because I believe that SFS is scum so I believe that at LEAST one person agreeing with me is scum it could be robz, frisk or eevee I don't have strong town reads on anyone

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: November 16, 2012, 04:18:15 pm »

Shraeye, I disagree with virtually all your reads, but I can't really argue them without the cases you present.

I'm open to being wrong about Insomniac, because often I interpret a lack of scummy behavior as townish, when in reality, scum are just being super careful and therefore not appearing scummy. (This process of elimination approach almost bagged me Dsell in MIV, but then I succumbed to claims). But I strongly disagree that Eevee and Frisk can be written off as probtowns, and I'm surprised that you seem to do so that easily.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 28  All

Page created in 0.056 seconds with 16 queries.