Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 28  All

Author Topic: Blitz Mafia IV: A Veteran Battle of Wits (Flawless Town Win!)  (Read 65032 times)

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
Re: Blitz Mafia IV: A Veteran Battle of Wits (Day 1 has begun!) - PM for Spec
« Reply #150 on: November 16, 2012, 11:56:57 am »

Galz, what is your opinion of Eevee's alignment? What is your opinion of Eevee's argument?

I think Eevee is town. Too many people disagree with him (read: there MUST be scum disagreeing) for it to be likely that he's scum. Unless you believe scum is intentionally setting up to play both sides of an argument.

But (and I think I've been more outspoken than anybody else) I absolutely disagree with Eevee's proposal, as I stated (I believe) succinctly last night.

That said, I've seen 4 people disagree with Eevee:

Myself, Robz, Insomniac, Frisk.

Since I believe Eevee is town and I know that I am, I'm forced to believe at least 2 of Robz/Insomniac/Frisk are scum. From this, you'll see my current reads as above: Robz, Insomniac.

If you then read me as town, you must then assume that SFS is the final cylon?

That's leading Frisk. I did NOT say I read you as town. I said Robz/Ins were my top scum reads right now. Between you and SFS, I'm not sure. You seem as Snarky as always, and SFS reads IC as always (note: this feeling about him bit me in the posterior last blitz game). Neither attitudes or playsyles then read particularly scummy or townie to me one way or another compared to how I normally read you two.

Well, I know that I'm town.  If you clear Eevee and yourself, then you're basically calling a scum trio from my perspective.

I don't have the luxury of sharing your perspective, and I think SFS's "perspective" would likely differ. ;)
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

shraeye

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: shraeye
  • More Graph Theory please
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: November 16, 2012, 11:57:31 am »

Who ignored which argument when is a terrible avenue for scumhunting, in my opinion.  It's tough to follow the intricacies of what everyone says.  I had a tough time following it and have read over things about 3 times already.  Seeing who forgets details and arguments isn't how we're going to catch scum, because people can do it very easily without malicious intent.

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: November 16, 2012, 11:57:51 am »

This game is fascinating. 
I support funsockets.... taking as much time as they need to get it right.

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: November 16, 2012, 11:58:28 am »

@Frisk  I agree, and would play this setup again in a heartbeat.  I'm already loving it.

Insom, who are your top two scum reads?

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: November 16, 2012, 11:59:19 am »

Just got back, will look for the scumslip in a minute.

@Robz

Give me two scum candidates.  Ranked or unranked.

SFS and Eevee. And actually, I will Vote: SFS

I HATE when people try to restart RVS when we've already moved out of RVS. This is doubly true in Blitz mafia, where we only have 24 hours to lynch somebody. It's something I think scum does--the awkward interjection of humor early on, when it's not called for, due to discomfort with being scum. I could definitely see SFS doing it.

Eevee's argument is so wrong, and it's been explained to him why it's wrong by every player (except SFS! interesting), including the ICs. I can't think of a reason why town Eevee would cling to the argument, but there could be a scum-Eevee reason to do so that I just haven't thought of.

Will look for the scumslip.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: November 16, 2012, 12:01:12 pm »

@Robz

I HATE when people try to restart RVS when we've already moved out of RVS. This is doubly true in Blitz mafia, where we only have 24 hours to lynch somebody. It's something I think scum does--the awkward interjection of humor early on, when it's not called for, due to discomfort with being scum. I could definitely see SFS doing it.

Eevee's argument is so wrong, and it's been explained to him why it's wrong by every player (except SFS! interesting), including the ICs. I can't think of a reason why town Eevee would cling to the argument, but there could be a scum-Eevee reason to do so that I just haven't thought of.

RobZ - why would you choose SFS over Eevee when our IC is voting Eevee?

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: November 16, 2012, 12:02:24 pm »

Hey Frisk, who of the unconfirmed players (other than yourself) would you stake the game right now on them being town?
Why would I bet the game on one player being town?

I'm really afraid that you think the scumslip was me, and you're scum hunting me with this question.

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: November 16, 2012, 12:07:02 pm »

@Frisk  I agree, and would play this setup again in a heartbeat.  I'm already loving it.

SFS - I have a case beyond the Jimm thing and I'll be happy to share it later, if I share it now it loses it's merit because he can change what I am finding to be his damning trait as scum.

The other eh? I think Eevee could be scum but it's not like Eevee to propose bad ideas as scum he tries to blend in more (I think?), CF again could be but I've been finding his play somewhat townish. I think Galz is mislead town so I guess Robz.

As Galz said Robz came in and kind of agreed with what was already happening and he's been a bit more lurky then Robz normally is as a VT. The last part to explain Robz is NOT an IC therefore Robz is either a Goon or a VT, I have not seen Robz lurk when he's a VT because he isn't trying to hide the fact that he has a PR (see his somewhat lurky agreeable state in MXIV)
"It is one of [Insomniacs] badges of pride that he will bus anyone, at any time, and he has done it over and over on day 1. I am completely serious, it is like the biggest part of his meta." - Dsell

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: November 16, 2012, 12:08:55 pm »

@Robz

RobZ - why would you choose SFS over Eevee when our IC is voting Eevee?

Because, as my argument should make clear, I think SFS is more likely mafia than Eevee. That was my scumspects in order, if I didn't make that clear.

SFS may very well not be my final vote, and I could be persuaded to ultimately go for Eevee (or someone else, we have time still), but for the moment I am allowed to try to convince the ICs I'm right, not them.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: November 16, 2012, 12:09:35 pm »

Hey Frisk, who of the unconfirmed players (other than yourself) would you stake the game right now on them being town?

I'm really afraid that you think the scumslip was me, and you're scum hunting me with this question.

Why would you be afraid of making a scumslip, if you're not scum?

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: November 16, 2012, 12:10:19 pm »

Because shraeye might incorrectly identify me as scum and toss the game tunnelling in on me?

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: November 16, 2012, 12:11:50 pm »

SFS - I have a case beyond the Jimm thing and I'll be happy to share it later, if I share it now it loses it's merit because he can change what I am finding to be his damning trait as scum.

The other eh? I think Eevee could be scum but it's not like Eevee to propose bad ideas as scum he tries to blend in more (I think?), CF again could be but I've been finding his play somewhat townish. I think Galz is mislead town so I guess Robz.

As Galz said Robz came in and kind of agreed with what was already happening and he's been a bit more lurky then Robz normally is as a VT. The last part to explain Robz is NOT an IC therefore Robz is either a Goon or a VT, I have not seen Robz lurk when he's a VT because he isn't trying to hide the fact that he has a PR (see his somewhat lurky agreeable state in MXIV)

Hey hey hey, not fair to call me a lurker. I do not wake up early--that's my lifestyle. I seldom post before 11:00 AM in any forum thread, and I was running late today. Last night, I was posting, but nobody else was around. shraeye didn't appear until I had gone to bed.

On Eevee, why do you think scum Eevee tries to blend in? The only experience I can think of with scum Eevee is MIII, and that was SO long ago.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: November 16, 2012, 12:13:12 pm »

Because shraeye might incorrectly identify me as scum and toss the game tunnelling in on me?

Scum Frisk makes scumslips though. So you shouldn't be worried about that if you're town, as you insist, right? I hardly think there's going to be a really obvious scumslip buried in those posts that incriminates you (or anyone) since none of us can find it.

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: November 16, 2012, 12:16:48 pm »

Hey hey hey, not fair to call me a lurker. I do not wake up early--that's my lifestyle. I seldom post before 11:00 AM in any forum thread, and I was running late today. Last night, I was posting, but nobody else was around. shraeye didn't appear until I had gone to bed.

On Eevee, why do you think scum Eevee tries to blend in? The only experience I can think of with scum Eevee is MIII, and that was SO long ago.

RMM3 if I remember correctly he tended to go with the flow of what was happening
"It is one of [Insomniacs] badges of pride that he will bus anyone, at any time, and he has done it over and over on day 1. I am completely serious, it is like the biggest part of his meta." - Dsell

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: November 16, 2012, 12:17:20 pm »

Oh and the lurking was a bit to do with last night and this morning, you hadn't posted much yet this game and it did take you a while to come in here even though you were online when the game started.

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #165 on: November 16, 2012, 12:21:55 pm »

I agree with you sharing the SFS case later, just give us enough time before deadline to analyze it.

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: November 16, 2012, 12:22:47 pm »

@SFS

It's your turn.  Pick two scum reads AND one person you would bet the whole game on them being town.

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: November 16, 2012, 12:24:25 pm »

Scum Frisk makes scumslips though. So you shouldn't be worried about that if you're town, as you insist, right? I hardly think there's going to be a really obvious scumslip buried in those posts that incriminates you (or anyone) since none of us can find it.

I'm pretty sure that I've made "scumslips" as town as well, although none as good as my 0% chance of flipping town.

Voltgloss

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: November 16, 2012, 12:25:56 pm »

Vote Count 1.2:

Eevee (1, u1): Jimmmmm
SwitchedFromStarcraft (2, u2): Insomniac, Robz888
Galzria (2, u2): shraeye, Eevee

Not voting (3): Galzria, SwitchedFromStarcraft, Captain_Frisk

With 8 alive it takes 5 to lynch.

Day 1 ends Friday, November 16 at 9:00 p.m. forum time.

(X, uY) notation means "this person has X votes on them currently, and Y unique votes so far."

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: November 16, 2012, 12:28:11 pm »

Hah, i literally just did a votecount and was about to post this for town :)

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: November 16, 2012, 12:29:28 pm »

@voltgloss, small detail about the unique votes, will they carry over to the next day as well?

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: November 16, 2012, 12:31:29 pm »

Is this shraeye's phantom scumslip?

In reality it will obviously be all but random, and scum not being able to choose who they vote will make daychat a lot less useful.

The reason it could be construed as a scumslip, I guess, is that it's really, really, wrong. I imagine daychat is probably super useful, they can vet whatever they want to say with each other first. So daychat strikes me as a great thing for scum, even if they abdicate their votes to ICs.

Eevee trying to downplay the usefulness of daychat, if we agreed to his plan, is that the intended slip?

Voltgloss

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: November 16, 2012, 12:31:41 pm »

@voltgloss, small detail about the unique votes, will they carry over to the next day as well?

I would expect not, but ashersky's word is law on that.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: November 16, 2012, 12:51:08 pm »

And, everyone disappeared. Did I succeed in spotting the scumslip?

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: November 16, 2012, 12:51:43 pm »

I don't know?  It didn't look like one to me
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 28  All

Page created in 0.143 seconds with 16 queries.