Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 55  All

Author Topic: Mafia XVII: Tabula Rasa (Buffyverse) - Town Wins Flawlessly!  (Read 139076 times)

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia XVII: Tabula Rasa (Buffyverse) - Day 1 Started!
« Reply #375 on: December 07, 2012, 04:32:30 pm »

to be fair, a bunch of people have been just as lazy as i have. voting for me for lack of contributions is not fair in my opinion. but i guess you think my contributions have been scummy, which is understandable.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: December 07, 2012, 04:37:11 pm »

Cuzz: What are you thoughts on Eevee? Scumread, townread? Why?

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jimmmmm
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: December 07, 2012, 05:13:43 pm »

Jimmmm suspected Robz might be SK, and while it's a clever idea, there's less than a 50% chance that there even is a SK, so the odds that any one particular person is SK is like less than 4%, whereas the chance that someone is mafia is more like 20%. I know SK hunting is considered kind of a "classic" scumtell but maybe someone with more mafia experience than me can weigh in on whether that's actually valid.

I feel like this either misunderstands or misrepresents my post a little. I wasn't SK-hunting at all, I was putting across a theory which I thought was interesting, but probably not the case. I actually ended the post with "I actually think Robz is probably Town". Of course, having said that he's now my top scum-read.

Jorbles

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: December 07, 2012, 05:24:47 pm »

Vote Count 1.9

Robz888 (1): Captain_Frisk
Eevee (3): yuma, Axxle, theorel
Lekkit (2): raerae, cayvie
yuma (1): Cuzz
cayvie (1): Eevee

Not Voting (5): Abra655, Galzria, Lekkit, Robz888, Jimmmmm

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.

Day 1 ends on Thursday, December 20, at 4:30 p.m. forum time.

Cuzz

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Cuzz
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: December 07, 2012, 05:47:51 pm »

I think Galz made some good points in his long post. But I don't have a particular town read on Galz so I'd wanna reread Eevee before sheeping him.

theorel

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: theorel
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: December 07, 2012, 09:10:09 pm »

to be fair, a bunch of people have been just as lazy as i have. voting for me for lack of contributions is not fair in my opinion. but i guess you think my contributions have been scummy, which is understandable.

Yes, to be clear I'm not voting you for your lack of contributions...I'm voting you because you seem somewhat scummy, you've said 3 times that you wanted to reread and give better analysis, and you've offered only the slightest of reads.  However, I think several people have actually started contributing analysis, without rereading here's where I think things stand:

People who have contributed almost no analysis of note (from my perspective).  (This means that they've given minmal reads and/or minimal explanations for those reads)

Eevee
Robz
cayvie
Frisk
Abra

Frisk is VLA
Abra is MIA
Robz has claimed outside responsibilities and said he would post soon
cayvie I would like to hear something from, I think I know about 2 of her reads.
Eevee I would like to hear something from, I know a few reads, but little reasoning...And I think he's kind of scummy.

Now, I'd like to hear more from other players, but:
Cuzz recently gave thoughts on 4 players
Jimmmmm's been trickling out analysis as it comes
Axxle has been pretty clear with his thoughts on things as they've happened
yuma's given a scattershot analysis (i.e. a brief snippet on everyone)
Lekkit's commented on at least a few people, although he's been mired in an argument with the IC, he seems to have come out of lurking for the moment.
Galzria has started writing tomes, I expect more are to come, but hey those take time

(Note to Galzria: I don't expect more tomes in the sense that you'd better write up a page on everyone or else, but in the sense that I expect you to end up writing a tome on each player you analyze)

So ultimately, I feel like you and cayvie are the most deserving of votes for lacking analysis.  You've accompanied your lack of analysis with suggestions that others do it, and promises that you're going to try as well.  Near as I can tell, others are doing it, you're still the one sitting on your hands.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: December 07, 2012, 09:14:51 pm »

I'm gonna try and get another done tonight. I've started, but I'll have to finish once the girlfriend is in bed (how's that for dedication for you? - And I'll let you all decide exactly what I'm talking about).
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

Axxle

• Torturer
  • Most Valuable Serial Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: December 07, 2012, 09:31:31 pm »

I'm gonna try and get another done tonight. I've started, but I'll have to finish once the girlfriend is in bed (how's that for dedication for you? - And I'll let you all decide exactly what I'm talking about).
Wink wink nudge nudge?
We might be from all over the world, but "we all talk this one language  : +1 card + 1 action +1 buy , gain , discard, trash... " - RTT

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: December 07, 2012, 10:25:54 pm »

I think Galz made some good points in his long post. But I don't have a particular town read on Galz so I'd wanna reread Eevee before sheeping him.

anything in particular? Good points such as.... but yes I would recommend a reread

Lekkit

• 2011 Swedish Champion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Lekkit
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: December 08, 2012, 03:28:53 am »

Going to be VLA today and possibly tommorrow.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: December 08, 2012, 09:04:33 am »

Picked Cuzz for a reread, pleased to see he only has 12 posts so this should be easy. If you feel uneasy about me picking my reread targets myself, just tell me who to read like yuma did earlier.

1st post he talks a bit about XII, and concludes he doesn't like a massclaim in this setup. Thinks vig should shoot if he thinks he has a good reason.

2nd post he thinks yuma voting and insta-unvoting Robz when it's still practically RVS is scummy. I don't necessarily agree with his take on the events, but definitely trying to do analysis and I disagree with a lot of people on what's scummy and what's not.

3rd post he defends himself for yuma's accusations of "trying to make a case about something very very minor". I side with Cuzz here, if you don't call out the little scummy things you notice in the early game, we never get out of RVS.

4th post is fixing quoting issues.

5th post agrees with Frisk that Robz not wanting to restart the game is scummy. Again, I don't necessarily agree, and this could be read as trying to force cases on townies (in case Robz and yuma are both town), but it's still taking a position and having your vote where your read. Good play.

6th clarifying question.

7th another

8th Continues his suspicion on Robz for different reasons.

9th Has a gut read that yuma is scum, can't explain it. Says he still finds Robz scummy too, but yuma more so. Calls out abra and lekkit for lurking.

10th Meta question to Galz.

11th Soft deadline discussion.

12th Longer post. Gets bad vibes from Lekkit, Jimmmmmm, yuma, and Robz. Gives reasons for all of these. Consistent with his what he has said earlier.

13th When asked, says Galzria's case against me made sense, but wants to reread me first before making a decision because he isnt convinced Galzria is town. This is actually a pretty major town point for me, because it could be argued he was trying to "rush" some lynches earlier in that he didn't defend anyone, but found several people scummy. Well, he doesn't defend me (who I know to be town), but certainly doesn't try to rush my lynch either.

Overall, I think he has been on the quiet side but has contributed nicely and is on the record for his read. Definitely don't think we should lynch him today, I'd put him on the light town read category.

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: December 08, 2012, 10:25:50 am »

Interesting; this town seems to be pushing day 1 analysis more than most i've been in. Galzria called Eevee out for not providing analysis on his vote for me, and theorel criticized Eevee and me for "lacking analysis".

In general, I'm not a particularly analytical player. I'll provide some reads though:

Town
cayvie - obv
raerae - obv

Likely Town
jimmmmm - posts are full of content, and new information. i like how he brings up new avenues of conversation.
theorel - another player with tons of content. possibly the highest content/post ratio i've seen in a game. and it sounds genuine.
Robz - all over the place. trying to pick little fights with people (theorel re: vig analysis), complaining mildly about the Robz Voting Stage, etc. Reads like normal Robz to me, so probably a power role.

Got Nothing
Captain_Frisk - nothing there
Abra655 - here either
yuma - I can't read you. i think it's hilarious that you find me to be the hardest player to read. you're up there for me too. not sure i've ever gotten a valid read on you.
Galzria - I feel like his moves have been somewhat forced so far; he replaced a lurker who was attracting suspicion, so I feel he had to push his day 1 analysis a little harder than usual--so I don't really read anything into the fact that he did/is doing so. The case on Eevee is interesting to me. I too find Eevee scummy, and yet I feel like Galz makes too much of some of the evidence. For example, I didn't find Eevee saying I was scummier than Jimmmmm without analysis particularly out-of-place; the exhortation of "Don't just state it, explain it!" seems a bit much to me.
cuzz - i mostly agree with eevee here about getting a light town read. i do think that accusing Jimmmmm of "SK-hunting" is a little inaccurate--he ended the post with an admission that he thinks robz is "probably town".

Kinda Scummy
Axxle - A lot of posts are trolly one-liners. That seems out-of-character for him.
Eevee - I can't shake the feeling that there's something off about his play. On reread, I'm not as sure as I was at the time that he was trying to scare out the doc. Still keeping him in this category based on, y'know, vibes and stuff.
Lekkit - Lurks, gets called out for it, responds with snark and aggression toward the IC. Yeah, not winning any townpoints here.
18:28 MEASURE YOUR LIFE IN LOVE: you shouldve done the decent thing and resign rather than go on being that lucky all the time

she/her

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: December 08, 2012, 11:43:26 am »

Galzria - I feel like his moves have been somewhat forced so far; he replaced a lurker who was attracting suspicion, so I feel he had to push his day 1 analysis a little harder than usual--so I don't really read anything into the fact that he did/is doing so. The case on Eevee is interesting to me. I too find Eevee scummy, and yet I feel like Galz makes too much of some of the evidence. For example, I didn't find Eevee saying I was scummier than Jimmmmm without analysis particularly out-of-place; the exhortation of "Don't just state it, explain it!" seems a bit much to me.

This is very misleading, as at the time of my replacing in and making my first post on Robz, not a single mention of "the scumminess of my predecessor" had been made. So to claim that I've "replaced a lurker who was attracting suspicion, so I feel he had to push his day 1 analysis a little harder than usual" isn't exactly accurate.

The amount of analysis D1 isn't unusual. It has more to do with the players than anything else. Theorel and Yuma are both analytical players. They don't just push reads because they feel like it. I'll do the legwork myself if I feel up to it - see M-XI. When I joined this game, stuff happened for all of 3 hours. Then it sat here dead. The only way to get anything to happen in a dead thread is to do rereads - and the best way to represent those rereads is through bodies of analysis. So that's what you get. If the game had actually been moving, I probably wouldn't have bothered.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: December 08, 2012, 12:32:30 pm »

Vote: Eevee

I like Galzria's case against Eevee, although I realize I just frankly have no idea what scum Eevee looks like. But there are some quirks in his behavior, the ones that Galzria pointed out. I do have quite a townread on Galzria now--the tone of that post struck me as very town!Galz--so I will add my vote to Eevee.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: December 08, 2012, 12:34:34 pm »

The difference in my playstyle you are all noticing from the beginning of the game was just being in too many games and not being particularly into this one yet.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #390 on: December 08, 2012, 02:43:16 pm »

Who's up next? Cayvie!

-----

Cayvie: Posts 25 game posts
--- I get the reverse of Eevee here. Cayvie actually has more posts than I recall on my first read through of the thread.

Her first post, #147, is quite a ways in! The game had been launched for more than 24 hours, and the "To restart or not" debate was currently happening - well past the point of theory/vig/etc talk. Her point in this post about not caring about restarting then shouldn't come as a surprise - She hadn't actually done anything to date! This is very much a non-issue, as to claim that it is either scummy OR townie is to make a claim against RL, and has no merit on her alignment this game. This is doubly true because the 2nd (the day the game began) was a Sunday, and she's usually V/LA on weekends.

#152/#158 are fluff posts. (She votes for the mod, and acknowledges Volt's statement that the game isn't broken). #164 is her first "real" post, even if it's only 1 sentence long. Here, she claims her read on Robz is town, but has no reads on anybody else. --Cayvie, explain in more detail? Was it because of the Vig debate, or was it something else? You had no interactions with him or anybody else up to that point.--

#169 is pretty much a fluff post - just a short comment on the uselessness of trying to figure out the setup mistake. #173 also falls under fluff, although it was a ever-so-slight rebuttal to Frisk's claim that I had been the only player to hit scum with a Vig shot.

#178 - Ahh, finally we get something worth looking at from Cayvie. She votes here for Eevee for trying to expose the Doctor. This is interesting to me, because I'll fully admit that I do SEE where she's coming from... but when I first replaced in and was reading the thread sequentially, I read Eevee's post and thought nothing of it. To point, I really have a hard time seeing Scum!Eevee fishing in such a... hidden manner. That is, I don't think that many other players besides Cayvie read Eevee's post to be what Cayvie claimed it was. Now, like I said, I do understand what Cayvie is saying here, and if Eevee is scum, I think that a more direct purpose to his post was not to publicly out the Doctor, but to try and get said Doctor to do the obvious choice tonight, and Doctor Raerae, thus allowing scum to kill elsewhere.

However, this is not a post on Eevee, but a post on Cayvie - so my thoughts as they relate to Cayvie in #178 are a bit mixed. If Cayvie is scum, he brought a conversation (Doctor) to the attention of the thread, increasing the likelihood that if the Doctor is out there, they'll let something slip. Had she said nothing, that comment by Eevee looked like it was going to slide by unnoticed - a perfect opportunity for scum to pin the PR hunting on somebody else. Thus on the flip side, if Cayvie is town, she brought a conversation (Doctor) to the attention of the thread, increasing the likelihood that if the Doctor is out there, they'll let something slip. (see what I did there?) In this case, while I understand the intent of Town!Cayvie to protect a possible Doctor, I don't think it was good play on her part to say something. Overall then, this gives me a very slight scum read on Cayvie. It's not at all outside the realm of possibility that either Scum!Cayvie or Town!Cayvie would make that post, but I just think it slightly, slightly more likely for Scum!Cayvie would do so.

#181, #183 & #186 are all posts expounding upon the issue I discussed above. They explain why Cayvie thought what she did about Eevee's post, and lament the fact that her saying anything at all caused the exact issue she was trying to avoid. Like I said, I can see this *nearly* equally from both Town!Cayvie, and Scum!Cayvie, but lean just slightly to scum.

I DO like Cayvie's post #188, but only because it calls out Eevee on his "Who, little 'ol me? /innocentface" post, which I find to be one of Eevee's more scummy posts. This gives a LITTLE bit of a town read to Cayvie, although if Eevee is town, it is a VERY easy post for scum to comment on for easy town points. Still, Cayvie didn't attack the post, but just gave a "Oh don't you even try that" response - which is more in line with Town!Cayvie than Scum!Cayvie, I think.

#190 is an answer to an interesting question by Axxle - "If you noticed this Doctor-Hunting by Eevee - and felt it needed to be called out - why didn't you notice Robz mentioning Doctor AND Cop twice in a previous post?". I didn't feel Cayvie gave a particularly great response here. "I just didn't notice it" really doesn't fly with me - however, it's the sort of oversight PROBABLY made more often by town than by scum, UNLESS scum intentionally ignored a post by their teammate. Here, I'll briefly refer back to Cayvie's post #164, where she calls Robz a town read. It's not exactly a STRONG connection between the two, but it is in my opinion, worth noting. If Robz or Cayvie dies at some point in the future, and either flip scum, I would refer back to this. That's a long way off however, and for now I'm content giving Cayvie a little bit of a town read for this oversight.

#197 is a bit of a fluff post. It reads a *little* bit like "Look how helpful I'll try to be! Isn't that townie of me?" - but really, that's a stretch of an interpretation, and I fully admit it. When I do rereads, I tend to do so with a "Is this something Scum!X would do", so I'm more likely to see simple things as scum conspiracies. That's not to completely disregard my reads on things like this, but I do take them (even from myself) with a grain of salt. This post could very easily just be fluff.

#200 offers post-counts, always fun. Not townie or scummy in the least. Moving on.

#247 speaks to something I thought when I read the post Jimmmmm made about Robz=SK - Oooh, I'm gonna like playing with him. That's a good theory. Other than striking a nice chord with me, pretty fluffy post.

#250 bothers me a little bit, but more from a player perspective - I never forget who I'm voting for when I'm town, or scum. If I'm scum, I'm constantly aware of my image - and that shines no brighter than where I place my vote. As town, I don't vote unless I see a reason to, and if I see a reason to, I'm not going to casually forget. My vote is my voice, and I treat it as the final word. All these posts mean nothing if I don't take my vote seriously. Some players use their vote more of a scum hunting tool - because scum hate having votes cast on them - but even for those people I fully expect them to remember what they're doing and where their vote is. "Not recalling" is a simple way of abdicating responsibility, and I don't like it. Still, this is as I said a playstyle issue, not a scummy vs townie issue. So meh.

In #276 Cayvie puts down her thoughts on a soft-deadline - agreeing that it's a good thing. I personally agree, and would expect most town to agree and most scum to disagree - and with that said, people's feeling on the issue are no longer relevant to alignment in my mind, because it's a pretty obvious thing to say, and it's something VERY easy for scum to score "easy townpoints" on - and honestly, even a single town member thinking it's a bad idea can wrench up the whole thing. So scum say it's good, town says it's bad, town says it's good, scum say it's bad - not relevant to any arguments.

#277 and #284 are fluff posts. #302 is fluff.

#311 asks Jimmmmm where he gets that Cayvie is "buddying up" to Robz - Well, it's not strong, but as I've noted above, this "buddying up" does in fact exist. It's not something I would build a case around, but it IS something that I'm aware of.

#329 - This is a big post for me in my reread of Cayvie. It's the 4th vote cast on Lekkit (would've been 5th, but Theorel had recently unvoted). It's really not offered with much of an explanation other than the joke about "Vote: Lurkit" - Yes, we get it, Lekkit was lurking. And I'm not at all opposed to pressure, even for no other reason than to put on pressure and get a response. I'm also not going to analyze a Lekkit's wagon without a flip - but the lack of reasoning on this vote bothers me in much the same way that Eevee's vote #3 on Lekkit did - It's a growing wagon, with (in Cayvie's case) the IC voting for it 15 minutes prior to when Cayvie did. It looked good, and was excusable because hey, the IC thought so! ..... Scum points for Cayvie here. Not a ton because this seems to be a problem that's common lately. "Let's just vote and not explain why! Yaaaay!" .... But it's play that I really don't like. If you're town, in WHAT way is your "ambiguity" in your votes pro-town? What does it give your fellow town players to analyze about YOU? How is blindly voting at ALL beneficial?

Bah.

#330 was a fluff post.

#345 and #365 at least go on a LITTLE bit to give an explanation to Cayvie's vote (something I didn't feel Eevee ever did, which is why I think Eevee gets a slightly higher scumscore from me on this issue). In #345 Cayvie simply points out that if a player's entire meta is "lurk" as town, that it shouldn't be that hard to match that meta as scum. -- While I agree 100% with this, the question I have is.... Do you then see his "lurking" as more or less likely to result in him being town if that's how he always plays town? Your vote on him suggests that you think his lurking -THIS GAME- is more egregious and more likely to be scum-driven than his lurking in previous games where he was town. As for #365, Cayvie says the IC should expect to be sheeped... ehh... I don't know. It reads as *slightly* scummy to me, but at the same time I don't entirely disagree. I doubt that I would ever cast my vote on somebody with the sole reason that "Well, my IC did", but Cayvie does make a correct point in that at least we know Raerae won't be trying to mislead us. Eh, probably neutral overall on that statement. It rubs me wrong, but I couldn't exactly put my finger on it, so won't make what could be a false accusation over it.

#386 --- Holy crap! A post from Cayvie that is MORE than 3 lines long! There's only been ONE of these so far, and it was 5 lines! .... Ok, maybe the sarcasm isn't called for. I know Cayvie's style isn't mega posting, and she often jots down quick ideas and posts them. Still, this post gave me an "OMG wow" reaction. +town points for Cayvie. If she's scum, she could've stuck to her normal style of posting, but she put in a little more effort.

As to the post itself:

"Robz - all over the place. trying to pick little fights with people (theorel re: vig analysis), complaining mildly about the Robz Voting Stage, etc. Reads like normal Robz to me, so probably a power role." This really, really, REALLY bothers me. Look, if you want to call him town, go right ahead, but dear lord... what the heck are you doing calling him out as a "likely PR?" - I know you were probably just making a joke that "Robz is *always* a PR, so "Robz as usual" must mean he's a PR", but c'mon - if you're town you don't go around saying things like that! Sheesh! ((Note, this could be an elaborate ploy by Scum!Cayvie, she's certainly cunning enough, but if she honestly felt the above statement to be true, she could've just not said anything and brought it up in the scum QT at night))

I've already pointed out the fallacy with her comment on me regarding the "suspicion on Watno" when I replaced in.

However, across the board I'm at least happy to see reads on each of the players, and something to refer back to when she or anybody else in the future flips their alignment. Her list was a little bit more than a simple scum-ordering, which is easy for scum to manipulate. She gave actual reads, and that is at the very least pro-town.

----------

And that's it!

Summary:
-- Very, very tough to read. She has a LOT less things that strike me as scummy than Eevee does, so her overall scum score is probably lower. She has a solid mix of "slightly townie" posts, and "slightly scummy" posts. Her interactions with others, while often brief, interest me more than the interactions Eevee had though. If at some point in the future we learn her alignment, I think we'll learn more about other people than we would by seeing Eevee's alignment. The biggest knock that I have against Cayvie is the vote on Lekkit, but I think that's going to apply to multiple people (I already know that it does with Eevee). Cayvie is in a position that I very easily could see scum wanting to be: Not too townie that she should expect to be NK'd if town, but not too scummy to be suspected as a prime lynch candidate. That said, I don't think she's a prime lynch candidate, so eh. What did we say a neutral scum score was? 25? I'd probably place Cayvie at 27, maybe 28.

----------

Next read to come when I can.

Mafia Record:

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: December 08, 2012, 08:53:36 pm »

Vote Count 1.10

Robz888 (1): Captain_Frisk
Eevee (4): yuma, Axxle, theorel, Robz888 {L-3}
Lekkit (2): raerae, cayvie
yuma (1): Cuzz
cayvie (1): Eevee

Not Voting (4): Abra655, Galzria, Lekkit, Jimmmmm

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.

Day 1 ends on Thursday, December 20, at 4:30 p.m. forum time.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

Axxle

• Torturer
  • Most Valuable Serial Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: December 08, 2012, 09:59:40 pm »

Can we lynch eevee and end the day per our ic's orders?
We might be from all over the world, but "we all talk this one language  : +1 card + 1 action +1 buy , gain , discard, trash... " - RTT

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: December 08, 2012, 10:01:32 pm »

Cayvie voting for Lekkit shortly after I did seemed a smidge odd but not too much as I don’t think we were the first ones on that boat.

you're an IC, get used to being sheeped :)

this isn't to imply that your reads are more accurate than anyone's in particular, but at least i know that you're not trying to mislead or distract me with your posts.

Thanks, cayvie.  That makes sense.

Also, to all you other goobers: I am 1) drunk, 2) in a whirlpool/hot tub thing 3) talking to this guy you might know and 4) technically still v/la so peace out.

SOFT-DEADLINE MOVED TO TUESDAY AT 8PM.  (jimmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, today, right now this very moment, is 9:34pm on Thursday, December 6th.)

PS: Lekkit, quite attacking the innocent child.  You can't possibly get more town than I am right now.  Deal with the fact that you don't like me calling you out for lurking.

Mafia Record:

theorel

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: theorel
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: December 08, 2012, 10:03:36 pm »

@Eevee: I appreciate the effort there.  I liked your analysis of yuma better (in that it was less padded with information).
This post looks really big, but ultimately says very little...this bothers me a bit, but I understand that it could just be a style-issue rather than an alignment issue.  Anyways, I've edited it down to what you actually *said* to make the point.

Picked Cuzz for a reread, pleased to see he only has 12 posts so this should be easy. If you feel uneasy about me picking my reread targets myself, just tell me who to read like yuma did earlier.

2nd post he thinks yuma voting and insta-unvoting Robz when it's still practically RVS is scummy. I don't necessarily agree with his take on the events, but definitely trying to do analysis and I disagree with a lot of people on what's scummy and what's not.

3rd post he defends himself for yuma's accusations of "trying to make a case about something very very minor". I side with Cuzz here, if you don't call out the little scummy things you notice in the early game, we never get out of RVS.

5th post agrees with Frisk that Robz not wanting to restart the game is scummy. Again, I don't necessarily agree, and this could be read as trying to force cases on townies (in case Robz and yuma are both town), but it's still taking a position and having your vote where your read. Good play.

12th Longer post. Gets bad vibes from Lekkit, Jimmmmmm, yuma, and Robz. Gives reasons for all of these. Consistent with his what he has said earlier.

13th When asked, says Galzria's case against me made sense, but wants to reread me first before making a decision because he isnt convinced Galzria is town. This is actually a pretty major town point for me, because it could be argued he was trying to "rush" some lynches earlier in that he didn't defend anyone, but found several people scummy. Well, he doesn't defend me (who I know to be town), but certainly doesn't try to rush my lynch either.

Overall, I think he has been on the quiet side but has contributed nicely and is on the record for his read. Definitely don't think we should lynch him today, I'd put him on the light town read category.

Anyways, cayvie's post brought it out to me but: I said that I'd like to see analysis from people, but really what I'm looking for is information I can judge.  For example: Axxle hasn't given any analysis posts, but I know where he stands on things, because he has clearly stated so.  Each vote has been accompanied by a reason, not a long drawn out case, but a simple straight-forward reason.  Anyways, mostly I want conversation...stuff said you can be held to later.  If that's analysis in the sense of a reread with points made, great.  If it's just stances and reads, that's fine too. 

Ultimately, I'm bad at conversation, and I find it easier to reread and analyze than engage in conversation...I naturally suggest this to others.  If you find it easier to spark up a conversation and get involved, do that.  What I'm trying to point out with my request for analysis is players I feel are (or were) disengaged from the game, lurking, acti-lurking, whatever you want to call it.

@Robz: your given reason for your vote is a town-read on Galzria.  But the person you have a town-read on didn't feel that his argument merited a vote.  Could you give a fuller explanation of why you felt his case needed your vote?

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: December 08, 2012, 10:48:02 pm »

To be fair Theorel, I felt it didn't need my vote yet. I don't want to burn unnecessary time, but if we're working to a soft deadline I want to do reads on as many people as I can before that point - and voting/lynching prematurely or before I get the chance to do that would not be in the interest of the town in my opinion. Others are perfectly free to do as they please until then.

Mafia Record:

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: December 08, 2012, 11:34:20 pm »

To go along with some posts... not everyone has to do the Galz/Voltgloss style of large reread posts. It is something I tend to do, but certainly not always, and certainly shouldn't be a requirement for the game. I like to do those because I can just type out a stream of conscious and develop my reads that way. But sometimes the game just doesn't flow like that. I do think one problem with them is that it makes conversation difficult, but this game hasn't been high in conversation in the way that others sometimes are.

Mostly I would just like people to express opinions, express why they have those opinions (espec

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: December 08, 2012, 11:37:00 pm »

@Theorel, well, perhaps I found his case more compelling than he did, I suppose? I don't know why he didn't vote, there's no reason not to. But it looks like perhaps he wanted to read everybody first.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: December 08, 2012, 11:37:17 pm »

Abra has not responded to his prod.  Someone knows him IRL, right?  No need to reply here, but you might implore him to post, or I may need to seek a replacement.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: December 08, 2012, 11:39:45 pm »

Abra has not responded to his prod.  Someone knows him IRL, right?  No need to reply here, but you might implore him to post, or I may need to seek a replacement.

Dsell does. You might PM him as I am not sure if he is following this game or not...
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 55  All

Page created in 0.059 seconds with 16 queries.