Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68  All

Author Topic: Mafia XIV: The Chicken Curse of the Sea Hags (Mafia Wins!)  (Read 167605 times)

Cuzz

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Cuzz
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia XIV: The Chicken Curse of the Sea Hags (Day 5)
« Reply #1650 on: November 11, 2012, 11:53:20 am »

I'm just glad I finally saw yuma online before I had to continue writing the novels about everyone I had promised. Ain't nobody got time for that.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1651 on: November 11, 2012, 11:53:48 am »

Why did you curse me?
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1652 on: November 11, 2012, 11:55:03 am »

During the Robz lynch I sent Jorbles  message requesting replacement at the end of the day phase. But then by the time the lynch happened the game had gotten so crazy that I messaged him again to cancel.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1653 on: November 11, 2012, 11:55:57 am »

Being a chicken was just so frustrating, because I really think out loud in these games, especially when I'm town. So for me, it's like I was deprived of thinking as well as talking. I think that's how I managed to miss all of Robz's hints about his role.

He/him

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1654 on: November 11, 2012, 12:02:19 pm »

Oh yea. NO LYNCHING PR CLAIMS DAY 1. ITS REALLY BAD NO MATTER WHAT IF SCUM IS FAKECLAIMING THEY ARE BAD AND WILL DIE FOR IT.  >:( >:( >:( >:(

In all fairness I didn't know Robz was the cop but had picked up a long while before he was a PR and thusly I offered myself in place of him.

And jo I don't think your a bad player I think you were left alive because you had been chickened for so long that you were frustrated and hadn't much followed the game.
"It is one of [Insomniacs] badges of pride that he will bus anyone, at any time, and he has done it over and over on day 1. I am completely serious, it is like the biggest part of his meta." - Dsell

Cuzz

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1655 on: November 11, 2012, 12:04:22 pm »

Oh yea. NO LYNCHING PR CLAIMS DAY 1. ITS REALLY BAD NO MATTER WHAT IF SCUM IS FAKECLAIMING THEY ARE BAD AND WILL DIE FOR IT.  >:( >:( >:( >:(

In all fairness I didn't know Robz was the cop but had picked up a long while before he was a PR and thusly I offered myself in place of him.

And jo I don't think your a bad player I think you were left alive because you had been chickened for so long that you were frustrated and hadn't much followed the game.

I picked up that he was the cop from his "extra information" remark. He was marked for dead N1 well before the claim was forced out of him.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1656 on: November 11, 2012, 12:05:57 pm »

I picked up that he was the cop from his "extra information" remark. He was marked for dead N1 well before the claim was forced out of him.

Yeah, I think Cuzz and I were both a little disappointed, along with ashersky can't forget about him, he was lynched, since he would have been our night kill for sure.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1657 on: November 11, 2012, 12:07:19 pm »

Why did you curse me?

I think it was intended to make people think that perhaps you had cursed yourself as scum... but that kinda backfired until much later in the game.

In reality though, if we hadn't night killed the cutpurse, we just weren't going to curse at all day 3. It was becoming too risky.

Cuzz

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1658 on: November 11, 2012, 12:09:33 pm »

Yeah, I think Cuzz and I were both a little disappointed, along with ashersky can't forget about him, he was lynched, since he would have been our night kill for sure.

I was happy with myself for staying off of Robz with the chance to hammer. I was hoping someone was gonna shower me with towncred for that but oh well.

Ashersky deserves points for rooting out the remainder of the PRs before he got lynched. That was big.

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1659 on: November 11, 2012, 12:40:59 pm »

;D

Frisk "I didn't troll!

Galz - actively acting scummy Trying to buddy up to town."
"It is one of [Insomniacs] badges of pride that he will bus anyone, at any time, and he has done it over and over on day 1. I am completely serious, it is like the biggest part of his meta." - Dsell

Cuzz

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1660 on: November 11, 2012, 12:49:49 pm »

Anyone got the spec link?

Jorbles

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1661 on: November 11, 2012, 02:35:17 pm »

Ending the game while I sleep. Boo.

Anyhow yes.

jotheonah, has been lynched. He was a Fishing Villager.

Sea Hags win!

Cuzz was the lookout, and yuma the remaining Sea Hag. Links to follow.

Jorbles

• Saboteur
    • View Profile

Jorbles

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia XIV: The Chicken Curse of the Sea Hags (Mafia Wins!)
« Reply #1663 on: November 11, 2012, 02:41:39 pm »

I think this game was pretty skewed by the d1 PR lynch, but I was quite happy with how this played out. One thing worth noting is how lucky scum got with quickly working out the setup. Cuzz stopped using his power because they knew who everyone was.

Jorbles

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1664 on: November 11, 2012, 02:46:04 pm »

Also thank you guys for following the rules properly most of the time at least. I am glad that A) I didn't have to enforce them in a way that would have decided the game and B) I didn't have to enforce them very often.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1665 on: November 11, 2012, 03:09:10 pm »

Nice game, thanks for modding Jorbles!

The reason I hid the night we "lost the wifom battle" (not mad yuma!) was that I figured scum would just curse me before the lynch deadline anyways the following day so that was our only chance (can't hide when cursed).

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #1666 on: November 11, 2012, 03:34:35 pm »

Man, I can finally post again.

I was fairly certain I'd be D2 lynch, so I'm glad I was able to distance from my teammates.  Good on Yuma especially for never drawing suspicion.  Good win us!
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1667 on: November 11, 2012, 03:36:23 pm »

The reason I hid the night we "lost the wifom battle" (not mad yuma!) was that I figured scum would just curse me before the lynch deadline anyways the following day so that was our only chance (can't hide when cursed).

yeah, between you and frisk that night was quite the toss up. I don't think we ever seriously considered night killing someone else... having 2 confirmed townies just wasn't ever something we wanted to have.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1668 on: November 11, 2012, 03:38:20 pm »

yeah, between you and frisk that night was quite the toss up. I don't think we ever seriously considered night killing someone else... having 2 confirmed townies just wasn't ever something we wanted to have.

Oh yeah, my fake claim at least got you two to come out with info, which helped immensely.

Archetype

• Jester
  • Suffers from Fancy Play Syndrom
    • View Profile
« Reply #1669 on: November 11, 2012, 03:41:42 pm »

Good Game Scum! Suspected Cuzz, but definitally not yuma!
The game was definitally balanced, but the lost of all our PRs early really sank the town.

I also had a weird feeling I was the secret curser. Glad my lynch solved one problem.

MVP, in my opinion, should go to yuma. It was one of the best scum play I've ever seen! :P

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1670 on: November 11, 2012, 03:43:16 pm »

The game was definitally balanced, but the lost of all our PRs early really sank the town.

I also had a weird feeling I was the secret curser. Glad my lynch solved one problem.

MVP, in my opinion, should go to yuma. It was one of the best scum play I've ever seen! :P

and this time I didn't screw up the scum quickhammer for the win! I was super nervous about it. My wife said I was shaking as I wrote my vote post.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1671 on: November 11, 2012, 03:59:21 pm »

Agree yuma is the MVP.  Cuzz and Yuma made very good teammates, I'd say.

Cuzz

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1672 on: November 11, 2012, 04:04:34 pm »

Just finished reading the spec QT. I am forever terrified of ehunt.

Cuzz

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1673 on: November 11, 2012, 04:07:10 pm »

and this time I didn't screw up the scum quickhammer for the win! I was super nervous about it. My wife said I was shaking as I wrote my vote post.

Haha I was a bit wary at the end too. Ever since Galz voted I was checking if you were signed in every half hour or so. When I saw you on this morning and started posting I was really just trying to say "you here? I'm here. Let's do this"

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1674 on: November 11, 2012, 04:07:53 pm »

Haha I was a bit wary at the end too. Ever since Galz voted I was checking if you were signed in every half hour or so. When I saw you on this morning and started posting I was really just trying to say "you here? I'm here. Let's do this"

exactly... "Please see this, please vote, please see this, please vote" over and over and over again...
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68  All

Page created in 0.053 seconds with 20 queries.