Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68]  All

Author Topic: Mafia XIV: The Chicken Curse of the Sea Hags (Mafia Wins!)  (Read 166020 times)

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia XIV: The Chicken Curse of the Sea Hags (Mafia Wins!)
« Reply #1675 on: November 11, 2012, 04:09:02 pm »

Nice game, thanks for modding Jorbles!

The reason I hid the night we "lost the wifom battle" (not mad yuma!) was that I figured scum would just curse me before the lynch deadline anyways the following day so that was our only chance (can't hide when cursed).

I am not sure if Cuzz knew this, but I certainly didn't know anything about it until Insomniac posted his "why I hammered" post. Glad it didn't come back to bite me.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1676 on: November 11, 2012, 04:09:53 pm »

Nice game, thanks for modding Jorbles!

The reason I hid the night we "lost the wifom battle" (not mad yuma!) was that I figured scum would just curse me before the lynch deadline anyways the following day so that was our only chance (can't hide when cursed).

yeah, between you and frisk that night was quite the toss up. I don't think we ever seriously considered night killing someone else... having 2 confirmed townies just wasn't ever something we wanted to have.

Oh yeah, my fake claim at least got you two to come out with info, which helped immensely.

O yes, that made night kills so much easier... I was hoping that Insomniac was going to pull out full claims for us, that would have helped even more.

Cuzz

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Cuzz
    • View Profile
« Reply #1677 on: November 11, 2012, 04:12:24 pm »

Good Game Scum! Suspected Cuzz, but definitally not yuma!
The game was definitally balanced, but the lost of all our PRs early really sank the town.

I also had a weird feeling I was the secret curser. Glad my lynch solved one problem.

MVP, in my opinion, should go to yuma. It was one of the best scum play I've ever seen! :P

and this time I didn't screw up the scum quickhammer for the win! I was super nervous about it. My wife said I was shaking as I wrote my vote post.

Haha I was a bit wary at the end too. Ever since Galz voted I was checking if you were signed in every half hour or so. When I saw you on this morning and started posting I was really just trying to say "you here? I'm here. Let's do this"

exactly... "Please see this, please vote, please see this, please vote" over and over and over again...

I had a tab open with Vote: jotheonah ready to fire and was refreshing the thread in another tab. Think I got it within 20 seconds or so.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #1678 on: November 11, 2012, 04:15:42 pm »

I will say that watching the speccy thread while being dead mafia is amazing.  Almost worth getting lynched early for.  Knowing just how wrong most of them were the whole time lets you know a lot about how people think about others in mafia, and helps you shape what to say in future games.

I thought, worst case, Cuzz was lynched next.  Yuma was bussing hard for the possibility.  I still felt sure yuma could pull it out, though.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1679 on: November 11, 2012, 04:16:52 pm »

I will say that watching the speccy thread while being dead mafia is amazing.  Almost worth getting lynched early for.  Knowing just how wrong most of them were the whole time lets you know a lot about how people think about others in mafia, and helps you shape what to say in future games.

I thought, worst case, Cuzz was lynched next.  Yuma was bussing hard for the possibility.  I still felt sure yuma could pull it out, though.

Yes my game plan was to get a vote on Cuzz and then switch it for the hammer if someone else got 2 votes on them. But I am glad it didn't come down to that...

Cuzz

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1680 on: November 11, 2012, 04:18:26 pm »

I just laughed and laughed every time yuma spelled out my exact scum reasoning in explicit detail in thread.

ehunt

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: ehunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #1681 on: November 11, 2012, 04:31:09 pm »

Just finished reading the spec QT. I am forever terrified of ehunt.

good.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1682 on: November 11, 2012, 04:47:01 pm »

I do want to apologize for my inattentive play this game, though. I should have trusted my instincts and replaced out; it was just one game too many.

Galzria, we have got to find a way to bury the hatchet/get better at reading each other. It seems like this isn't the first time we've been at each other's throats as both town, but it was certainly one of the most detrimental times.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #1683 on: November 11, 2012, 04:49:57 pm »

Oh man, we lose. Boo!

Good job to yuma, Cuzz, and ashersky.

I definitely nailed ashersky, but yuma and Cuzz were among the people lowest on my radar, so good for them.

As I say in the QT, I found Galzria scummy all the way to the end, even though I knew he was town (because he told us). I half didn't believe him, he was so scummy.

I was saddened and shocked that I got lynched as the Cop 2 minutes before day 1 deadline, because as Insomniac consistently pointed out, that was just terrible play. And it was terrible play that so many good players fell for. Sorry for seeming scummy, I guess? I had a long conversation with Volt about what I should do differently. Of course, the next game was Blitz3, where I was killed Night 1 as a town PR (I guess I was too pro-town), and in M-XV I'm dead without even getting to play round 1. If anyone has advice for me on how to continue to live in mafia, I'm all ears.

Once again, we must re-dedicate ourselves to lynch all lurkers (which actually sort of included Galzria and Jo here, so bleh). Also, policy lynch anyone who offers one for one "we kill you then I will be killed" trades. Said trades are bullshit.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

Cuzz

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1684 on: November 11, 2012, 04:55:49 pm »

Major thanks to Jorbles for modding the game. It was a ton of fun.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1685 on: November 11, 2012, 05:01:39 pm »

Robz, I'm sorry. Was obviously mostly my fault. I don't know what to say, we were really pressed on time and it was a super stressful situation. I had the extra knowledge of being the other strong power role, and put too much emphasis on that. Live and learn I guess. I screwed town over pretty bad considering I actually had some decent reads too (the super strong town reads on Insomniac and Grujah which no one remembered).

Voltgloss

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1686 on: November 11, 2012, 06:13:20 pm »

"Lynch all lurkers" would not have covered yuma.  He has limited RL availability, but made the most of it when he was around.  Very well done.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1687 on: November 11, 2012, 06:26:20 pm »

"Lynch all lurkers" would not have covered yuma.  He has limited RL availability, but made the most of it when he was around.  Very well done.
Yeah, this. Yuma played an excellent game. Rest of the scum team too.

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #1688 on: November 11, 2012, 09:30:40 pm »

I told you it was invisiyuma. I was about to vote Galz, FWIW.

Jorbles

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1689 on: November 11, 2012, 09:39:54 pm »

Agree yuma is the MVP.  Cuzz and Yuma made very good teammates, I'd say.

I agree as well. The only player on to him was Grujah, and he could never get things going even close to a chance to lynch yuma, everyone else was too busy trying to lynch town players.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1690 on: November 11, 2012, 10:12:20 pm »

I told you it was invisiyuma. I was about to vote Galz, FWIW.

yeah, you were onto me from the start...
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68]  All

Page created in 1.877 seconds with 19 queries.