Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 75  All

Author Topic: Mafia XV - GAME OVER - TOWN WINS  (Read 161770 times)

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia XV - Day 1 - Spec QT available w/mini game
« Reply #150 on: November 07, 2012, 06:54:15 pm »

So I am back... hello all, especially to Qvist who I haven't yet had the opportunity to play with. To whom I say: "Hallo. Willkommen in diesem wunderbaren Spiel, dass wir nennen Mafia. Hoffe es gefällt euch so viel wie wir es tun! Sind Sie mafia? Haben Sie zu töten Robz?" - partially from my 8th grade German class and google translate.

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: November 07, 2012, 07:14:33 pm »

Sorry for late joining. My meta says it means I'm scum and all. Oh, well. Kinda got distracted with loads of stuff. I'll try to get focused.

So now, what's this thing with ashersky firing 10 votes in 1 post? Anything else interesting happened so far?

ehunt

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: ehunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: November 07, 2012, 07:39:58 pm »

i want all yje guys voting for ehunt explaining why he is thr best lynch for today.

there's only one person on the ehuntwagon (frisk), and dont get me wrong, i hate ehuntwagons more than anyone, but i think frisk just says he has a gut read on me that's bad, which i find uncompelling but not scummy.

it's a little bit suspicious that you and theMunch have leapt to my defense so readily. the only thing i've done today is previewed about making a theory post, then realized as i was making it that it was a bad idea, and stopped making it. i stand by my decision not to post it (and i will strongly consider a policy vote on people talking theory without a good reason) but obviously it would have been better if i hadnt made a preview post about it.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: November 07, 2012, 07:52:54 pm »

i want all yje guys voting for ehunt explaining why he is thr best lynch for today.

there's only one person on the ehuntwagon (frisk), and dont get me wrong, i hate ehuntwagons more than anyone, but i think frisk just says he has a gut read on me that's bad, which i find uncompelling but not scummy.

it's a little bit suspicious that you and theMunch have leapt to my defense so readily. the only thing i've done today is previewed about making a theory post, then realized as i was making it that it was a bad idea, and stopped making it. i stand by my decision not to post it (and i will strongly consider a policy vote on people talking theory without a good reason) but obviously it would have been better if i hadnt made a preview post about it.

vote: eevee I can't think of reason that would make ehunt a worse lynch than anyone else at this point.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: November 07, 2012, 07:55:22 pm »

Sorry all, election and work have kept me.  Are we out of  RVS fully?  What was with that eHunt vote, anyway?

I haven't seen much in the way of theorizing the Cuzz thing.  Why Cuzz, anyway?  Cuzz killing Robz makes sense, though...they go way back.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: November 07, 2012, 08:17:23 pm »

Wow, everyone is angry about my ehuntwagon.
I support funsockets.... taking as much time as they need to get it right.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: November 07, 2012, 08:24:06 pm »

Wow, everyone is angry about my ehuntwagon.

Can you explain it a bit more?  Are you still for it?

TheMunch

• Swindler
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: November 07, 2012, 09:52:44 pm »

I think that you were honest in saying that you did stumble upon something very pro town.  Thats why I said I was trying to figure out what you were talking about; if I can find the logic that you are hinting at, then that is a huge town read, if I cant than it is more scummy.  I can say I THINK I know what you are hinting at and if I am right it is something that is very anti town to discuss and I would agree with a policy vote on people talking theory about such things.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: November 07, 2012, 09:56:08 pm »

I think that you were honest in saying that you did stumble upon something very pro town.  Thats why I said I was trying to figure out what you were talking about; if I can find the logic that you are hinting at, then that is a huge town read, if I cant than it is more scummy.  I can say I THINK I know what you are hinting at and if I am right it is something that is very anti town to discuss and I would agree with a policy vote on people talking theory about such things.

scum has just as large as an incentive to find an optimal play style as town does. and there is no reason for a scum player to publicize it... he can just tell his scummates in the quicktopic. but he could try to gain some town cred by saying that he discovered something but doesn't want to publish it because it could be helpful to scum...

I am not saying that ehunt is scum, but this is no reason to give him town cred. Just because you can find the same logic doesn't mean anything other than both you are ehunt have better analytical minds than the likes of me...

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: November 07, 2012, 10:20:12 pm »

I don't think shunt has stumbled upon anything, but he has just made a big public showing and is amassing town cred.

Look a zm3. I was considered strongly town because I fos'd dsell, and then backed out.

I was town, but I made the mental note to try it if I drew scum in the future.

As for theory stuff, Mafia has upper hand now, so sk wants town prs to work.  To avoid wifom, sk should be switching the levers randomly.  If he does so, then it doesn't matter what mafia does to levers.

Town cop obviously can't claim, becaus he doesn't know that doctoring works.  Town doc can't claim either.

Town has I control of switches, and those who do won't admit it.  Nothing fancy here.

I still am shocked that galz is alive.

ehunt

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: November 07, 2012, 10:29:26 pm »

I don't think shunt has stumbled upon anything, but he has just made a big public showing and is amassing town cred.

Look a zm3. I was considered strongly town because I fos'd dsell, and then backed out.

I was town, but I made the mental note to try it if I drew scum in the future.

As for theory stuff, Mafia has upper hand now, so sk wants town prs to work.  To avoid wifom, sk should be switching the levers randomly.  If he does so, then it doesn't matter what mafia does to levers.

Town cop obviously can't claim, becaus he doesn't know that doctoring works.  Town doc can't claim either.

Town has I control of switches, and those who do won't admit it.  Nothing fancy here.

I still am shocked that galz is alive.

vote: Captain Frisk as promised. what good did this theory discussion do?

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: November 07, 2012, 10:50:33 pm »

Nithing, but it isn't anti town

ehunt

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: November 07, 2012, 10:54:52 pm »

Nithing, but it isn't anti town

I disagree although I don't want to be the yipping bulldog gatekeeper of theory and I think it's likely that Frisk's attitude here (whether he is town or scum) is just "ehunt can't tell me what to do." Still I don't understand why you'd do something I explicitly warned against when you admit there is no reason for doing it.

So, repeat with clarification, strong request,
if you are going to talk about theory, ask yourself "is this useful, or is it just something to talk about?" If the answer is that it's not useful, don't post it.

Axxle

• Torturer
  • Most Valuable Serial Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: November 07, 2012, 10:59:20 pm »

I am sitting at my computer right now.

I am posting on f.DS.

I have a keyboard.

2+2 very often equals 4 when using base 10, unless of course your base 10 isn't my base 10.

This post is only useful at showing how useless posts don't need to be posted.
We might be from all over the world, but "we all talk this one language  : +1 card + 1 action +1 buy , gain , discard, trash... " - RTT

Axxle

• Torturer
  • Most Valuable Serial Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: November 07, 2012, 11:00:30 pm »

I thought it came across as very honest.
We might be from all over the world, but "we all talk this one language  : +1 card + 1 action +1 buy , gain , discard, trash... " - RTT

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #165 on: November 08, 2012, 01:07:07 am »

Actually Frisk's theory talk did accomplish something. Imagine our SK had no idea what he was doing. Frisk just gave him a tip that will help him meet his wincon and also help town a lot.

After all, we NEED the SK to flip some switches, otherwise the mafia run the PR show.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

ehunt

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: November 08, 2012, 01:09:07 am »

Actually Frisk's theory talk did accomplish something. Imagine our SK had no idea what he was doing. Frisk just gave him a tip that will help him meet his wincon and also help town a lot.

After all, we NEED the SK to flip some switches, otherwise the mafia run the PR show.
vote: jotheonah

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: November 08, 2012, 01:17:22 am »

So, repeat with clarification, strong request,
if you are going to talk about theory, ask yourself "is this useful, or is it just something to talk about?" If the answer is that it's not useful, don't post it.

I post why some theory talk is useful

Awesome.
vote: jotheonah

"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: November 08, 2012, 01:17:43 am »

Dammit, messed up the quoting.

He/him

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: November 08, 2012, 01:19:56 am »

The only reason I'm not voting for you, ehunt, is that I had this same interaction with you on another day 1 (which is ongoing and we're both alive, so I shouldn't say more.)

Suffice it to say, it's very possible that attempting to rule the town with an iron fist is something you do as town. But it does drive me up the wall.

He/him

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: November 08, 2012, 03:29:23 am »

The only reason I'm not voting for you, ehunt, is that I had this same interaction with you on another day 1 (which is ongoing and we're both alive, so I shouldn't say more.)

Suffice it to say, it's very possible that attempting to rule the town with an iron fist is something you do as town. But it does drive me up the wall.

It's absolutely something he does as town, which means he would do it as mafia to not break character.

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: November 08, 2012, 07:15:57 am »

I absolutely want the sk flipping those switches.  Vote eHunt for not getting that.

ehunt

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: November 08, 2012, 09:09:24 am »

I absolutely want the sk flipping those switches.  Vote eHunt for not getting that.

It would be a huge mistake to argue theory with you and I think you are intentionally goading me into doing so. vote: Captain Frisk

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: November 08, 2012, 09:24:36 am »

Sorry ehunt, your reading is off today!

Do you disagree with my assessment that the SK wants as many town PRs on as possible?

ehunt

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: November 08, 2012, 09:37:43 am »

Sorry ehunt, your reading is off today!

Do you disagree with my assessment that the SK wants as many town PRs on as possible?

chicken.

unvote because i am being a little bit ridiculous

but

i strongly want us to not talk about this anymore.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 75  All

Page created in 0.058 seconds with 16 queries.