Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 25  All

Author Topic: Mafia XIII: Hydras, Hydras everywhere! Day 1 Started.  (Read 66986 times)

Harvey Dent

• View Profile
Re: Mafia XIII: Hydras, Hydras everywhere! Day 1 Started.
« Reply #425 on: November 18, 2012, 12:14:10 am »

This is a great mafia ploy, I realize.  Finger your own partner, wait for real cop to counter claim, then your partner will side with real cop, so if he's lynched it looks even worse for the real cop.  Well-done.

Except if town believes me, the real cop.  Still, amazing gambit.  With MYLO, you can press to lynch me by calling me a liar, or wait to lynch your partner, then lynch me tomorrow because it seems like you told the truth all along.

But you are lying.  And you confirmed Zaphod based on what you claim to be the word of a liar.  You know Zaphod is town, though, without investigating, because you are mafia.
MAKE SURE THAT YOU ARE LOGGED IN AS YOUR HYDRA ACCOUNT BEFORE POSTING!

Tyler Durden

• View Profile
« Reply #426 on: November 18, 2012, 12:18:35 am »

Vote: Doduo

Because he's lying scum.  Here's what proves it; his theory that Dent counterclaimed to not deal with a confirmed townie and an investigation on his 'partner' is insane.  Let's run through the hypothetical that Doduo wants everyone to buy.  He's the real cop, and investigated Tyler Durden as mafia.  THEN scumpartnerDent counterclaims, trying to gain credit by saying Zaphod is town.  If people still end up believing Duduo, then Dent just served town the second mafiaplayer (himself) for no effin' reason.
REMEMBER TO SIGN IN ON YOUR HYDRA ACCOUNT BEFORE POSTING!

Doduo

• View Profile
« Reply #427 on: November 18, 2012, 12:25:33 am »

No, I know Zaphod is town because I know that you ARE lying because I am cop. I also know that Durden is mafia because I investigated him. That makes everyone else remaining confirmed (to me) town.

And that's really all I know. It's not a gambit. You are gambitting though because you are forced to. If I had investigated town, I don't know if you would have counterclaimed, but because I caught your partner you basically had to and now you're hoping that at least Zaphod will believe you and vote me along with your partner Durden and yourself. You are trying to make friends, and as mafia you don't need as many as I do.

Anyway, I investigated Durden because he was my 2nd biggest scumread. I really suspected you were scum after you quickhammered Smeagol, so I wanted to get more clarity on my other reads. Did you miscalculate yesterday and think you would win if you hammered Smeagol? Anyway, you and Durden are scum and that is that.

Tyler Durden

• View Profile
« Reply #428 on: November 18, 2012, 12:26:47 am »

Basically, the case Doduo is trying to sell everyone on Durden/Dent is just plain garbage. 

Dent, obviously you're the real cop, and I have no idea why you're still tunnelling us so bad.

God, I feel like I'm arguing a wall as both copclaims seem convinced I'm scum.

Doduo

• View Profile
« Reply #429 on: November 18, 2012, 12:29:38 am »

Because I investigated his partner Durden, Dent just needs to convince one more person in order to cause a stalemate and thus a no-lynch. Idk why Dent decided to counterclaim instead of Durden, Idk why they didn't do a NK, Idk why Dent showed his hand by quickhammering Smeagol yesterday. I just don't know. But obviously he needs the town to believe him instead of me and right now it's 2 vs 1.

Zaphod Beeblebrox

• View Profile
« Reply #430 on: November 18, 2012, 12:34:20 am »

Dent, Dodue, Durden:

Why did you no-kill last night?

Cops: explain your targets.

Tyler Durden

• View Profile
« Reply #431 on: November 18, 2012, 12:35:50 am »

No, I know Zaphod is town because I know that you ARE lying because I am cop. I also know that Durden is mafia because I investigated him. That makes everyone else remaining confirmed (to me) town.

And that's really all I know. It's not a gambit. You are gambitting though because you are forced to. If I had investigated town, I don't know if you would have counterclaimed, but because I caught your partner you basically had to and now you're hoping that at least Zaphod will believe you and vote me along with your partner Durden and yourself. You are trying to make friends, and as mafia you don't need as many as I do.

Anyway, I investigated Durden because he was my 2nd biggest scumread. I really suspected you were scum after you quickhammered Smeagol, so I wanted to get more clarity on my other reads. Did you miscalculate yesterday and think you would win if you hammered Smeagol? Anyway, you and Durden are scum and that is that.
More ridiculous garbage.  Are you suggesting that scumDent miscalculated yesterday and thought that he could hammer Smeagol, then submit a no-kill and then somehow still win?  That's like a gambit within a gambit and it's all stupid.  NOBODY would do that.  I already showed why it was a terrible idea for scum to counterclaim a "cop" with a scumread.  This is just bogus.

PPE: What????  You are just making facts up as you please if you are saying that Dent and I are pushing for a nolynch.  I'm pushing for YOUR lynch.  Why the f*** would a scumteam submit a no kill, JUST TO TRY TO PUSH THE NEXT DAY INTO A NO LYNCH?????????

Doduo

• View Profile
« Reply #432 on: November 18, 2012, 12:36:30 am »

Durden is sounding like frustrated mafia right now. I'm biased at this point, but still. I cannot urge town strongly enough not to fall for their claims. Like I said, if just one town member votes with scum here, they can force a tie (and win tomorrow) or if two town believe them, they mislynch me and win outright.

Zaphod Beeblebrox

• View Profile
« Reply #433 on: November 18, 2012, 12:39:49 am »

Also, I want head claims from all three of you, in this order:

Dent

Doduo

Durden

Doduo

• View Profile
« Reply #434 on: November 18, 2012, 12:41:46 am »

@Durden, of course you're pushing for my lynch, but if just one townie votes with you guys (and 2 with me) then we'll be tied and in a no-lynch scenario. Which is VERY good for you because you can kill off one of the townies voting with me and then pretty much win outright tomorrow.

@Zaphod I have no idea why they didn't kill. I already explained why I investigated Durden here:

After Smeagol's flip, I really thought Dent was mafia, so I investigated Durden to know if I could trust him.

Harvey Dent

• View Profile
« Reply #435 on: November 18, 2012, 12:44:31 am »

Dent, Dodue, Durden:

Why did you no-kill last night?

Cops: explain your targets.

I chose to target Zaphod because of D1, and confirmed town Smeagol's reads.  I thought he seemed like eager scum on D1, and would have investigated him on N1 if I had been odd-night instead of even.

I honestly think scum just missed the deadline.  But if it was on purpose, it was to force a mislynch with the fake claim.

PPE--ashersky, obviously, from my misposts.

Tyler Durden

• View Profile
« Reply #436 on: November 18, 2012, 12:45:41 am »

@Durden, of course you're pushing for my lynch, but if just one townie votes with you guys (and 2 with me) then we'll be tied and in a no-lynch scenario. Which is VERY good for you because you can kill off one of the townies voting with me and then pretty much win outright tomorrow.

Hold up, are other people seeing this crap too? Doduo just suggested that if town ties 3 for Doduo, 3 for Dent today, then a Dent/Durden scumteam would kill the townie voting on Dent, and that would give us a win the next day.  That NOT ONE person would be suspicious that the wagon on Dent is the one dying?

Harvey Dent

• View Profile
« Reply #437 on: November 18, 2012, 12:48:04 am »

Hold up, are other people seeing this crap too? Doduo just suggested that if town ties 3 for Doduo, 3 for Dent today, then a Dent/Durden scumteam would kill the townie voting on Dent, and that would give us a win the next day.  That NOT ONE person would be suspicious that the wagon on Dent is the one dying?

Durden is sounding townier, for sure.

As it is, I think we should focus on the Doduo lynch today, then figure out what to do on D4 after we see who the other mafia NKs.

I think by not NKing, they actually really helped town out.

Doduo

• View Profile
« Reply #438 on: November 18, 2012, 12:53:48 am »

Actually this is probably true. Ok, so there will be more WIFOM involved than I initially was thinking. Still, causing a no lynch today would be very bad for town and causing a mislynch today is a guaranteed loss.

Our heads are Dsell (obviously) and Insomniac.

Tyler Durden

• View Profile
« Reply #439 on: November 18, 2012, 12:59:15 am »

I think by not NKing, they actually really helped town out.
I agree, I can't see how not NKing benefits scum.  I have no clue at all why they did that; it's like they wanted to create confusion, but basically it was just a bad move.

Our heads are Munch/shraeye

Harvey Dent

• View Profile
« Reply #440 on: November 18, 2012, 01:02:44 am »

My other head was O, but he's been silent for quite awhile.

Doduo

• View Profile
« Reply #441 on: November 18, 2012, 01:06:27 am »

So did you just have your math wrong when you quickhammered Smeagol or was it just a rookie scum mistake?

Harvey Dent

• View Profile
« Reply #442 on: November 18, 2012, 01:07:58 am »

O is here.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: November 18, 2012, 01:12:55 am »

Durden: Name me the scum team.

Dent: Name me the scum team.
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

Zaphod Beeblebrox

• View Profile
« Reply #444 on: November 18, 2012, 01:13:28 am »

Well, irrelevant now anyway. Whoops.

Harvey Dent

• View Profile
« Reply #445 on: November 18, 2012, 01:29:16 am »

So did you just have your math wrong when you quickhammered Smeagol or was it just a rookie scum mistake?

This is that senator wife question, right?

You think scum hammered Smeagol's on accident, then decided not to NK to boot?  Who do you think will believe your accusations?

Town hammered Smeagol.

(The irony there is that although it was a derphammer, and O is part of this Hydra, it wasn't him that hammered.)

Doduo

• View Profile
« Reply #446 on: November 18, 2012, 01:34:05 am »

This is that senator wife question, right?

Yep, it pretty much is, and I don't care much because you are guaranteed mafia. Feel free to answer after the game instead of now if you want.

Harvey Dent

• View Profile
« Reply #447 on: November 18, 2012, 01:36:01 am »

I think it is Doduo/Durden.  Planned gambit.

Harvey Dent

• View Profile
« Reply #448 on: November 18, 2012, 01:36:58 am »

Well, irrelevant now anyway. Whoops.

Why irrelevant?  We had started name-claiming anyway.  Hilarity to ensue if someone counterclaims being someone.

Zaphod Beeblebrox

• View Profile
« Reply #449 on: November 18, 2012, 01:51:54 am »

Wow. Absolutely insane that there was no night kill, that's an incredible lucky break that I don't quite understand.

But...we have good news! I am the cop. Tyler Durden is mafia.

I would tend to suspect Dent the most after that, but nothing like a modconfirmation.

Vote: Tyler Durden

That was easy.  I am the real cop, and Zaphod is innocent.

Vote: Doduo.

For tomorrow, is Durden the actual partner, chosen to give cred to Doduo?

Dent, can you explain to me your perceived logic here?

Your claim that scum!Doduo would claim scum!Durden to be scum to earn town cred doesn't make sense to me. scum!Doduo would know that as soon as he claimed he would be counter claimed, thus ensuring that the claim or counter is the lynch for the day since we absolutely have a scum between the two. At this point, if we believe scum!Doduo, they win. If we believe you instead, scum!Doduo is dead and has earned 0 town cred. So... I don't see how this could've been a logical gambit by scum!Doduo to get his partner lynched in an attempt to earn town cred.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 25  All

Page created in 0.046 seconds with 15 queries.