Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 70  All

Author Topic: Mafia XII: A Fistful of Waffles! (THE GAME IS OVER: MAFIA WINS!!)  (Read 153528 times)

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia XII: A Fistful of Waffles! (THE GAME IS OVER: MAFIA WINS!!)
« Reply #1625 on: October 16, 2012, 03:59:07 pm »

@Galz "Did nobody notice that in #1520, Insomniac starts by listing all pairs, and then immediately drops Robz-Insomniac for no reason whatsoever?"

I dropped it because why would I analyze a pair with me in it and I did say that. I made the top part as a list for others to copy when they analyzed teams.

I'm late to this party, but go back and look at that post. You did NOT drop ANY other pair that included you. Only Robz-Insomniac got dropped without notes.
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #1626 on: October 16, 2012, 04:05:38 pm »

I'm repeating myself at this point, but it's worth repeating. In the future, I will view lurkers the way Catelyn Stark views the Lannisters.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1627 on: October 16, 2012, 04:06:12 pm »

Why do you think i was lurking?  My biggest posting gap was over a weekend.
I support funsockets.... taking as much time as they need to get it right.

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1628 on: October 16, 2012, 04:07:25 pm »

@Galz "Did nobody notice that in #1520, Insomniac starts by listing all pairs, and then immediately drops Robz-Insomniac for no reason whatsoever?"

I dropped it because why would I analyze a pair with me in it and I did say that. I made the top part as a list for others to copy when they analyzed teams.

I'm late to this party, but go back and look at that post. You did NOT drop ANY other pair that included you. Only Robz-Insomniac got dropped without notes.

Huh interesting it was unintentional
"It is one of [Insomniacs] badges of pride that he will bus anyone, at any time, and he has done it over and over on day 1. I am completely serious, it is like the biggest part of his meta." - Dsell

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia XII: A Fistful of Waffles! (DAY 4 IS UNDERWAY)
« Reply #1629 on: October 16, 2012, 04:08:10 pm »

Here's the post for reference. Notice 10 pairs in the exhaustive list, but only 9 looked at below that! Robz-Insomniac dropped for no reason! ... Not that it was CORRECT, but boy it stood out to me.

Here is an exhaustive list of possible pairings

Robz-Insomniac
Robz-Grujah
Robz-Cuzz
Robz-Theorel
Insomniac-Grujah
Insomniac-Cuzz
Insomniac-Theorel
Grujah-Cuzz
Grujah-Theorel
Cuzz-Theorel

Now
Robz-Grujah implies SK in VTs
Robz-Cuzz implies SK in VTs
Robz-Theorel
Insomniac-Grujah
Insomniac-Cuzz
Insomniac-Theorel -- implies no PR lying, implies SK in PR's therefore implies 2 PRs are lying, not possible
Grujah-Cuzz implies SK in VTs
Grujah-Theorel
Cuzz-Theorel

So that means that possible teams WITH a SK in game are
Robz-Grujah
Robz-Cuzz
Grujah-Cuzz

Possible teams with NO SK
Robz-Theorel
Insomniac-Grujah
Insomniac-Cuzz
Grujah-Theorel
Cuzz-Theorel

Now since I know I'm not scum I will rank the teams that do not have me in them
1) Theorel-Cuzz - Theorel has been one of the lurkier players but tends to have walls of text when he is around, but those walls of text are mostly information, couple this with his low ranking of sparky when he did have analysis, his third vote without reason on sparky, and his minimal to low interaction with all players and the fact that I know he is scum. I'm more inclined to believe Robz in the Robz v Cuzz because of reasons I've outlined before therefore This is my number ONE team.

2) Theorel-Grujah - For theorel see above. Grujah was lurky and has been scummy, this implies he bussed sparky really hard but I wouldn't put it past a scum Grujah to do that for town cred. Theorel has generally given Grujah a 'town' rating just like he did with sparky.

3) Theorel-Robz - I find this to be pretty unlikely given they came out against each other today, it is third only because I know that Theorel is scum.

4) Grujah-Cuzz - I don't think theres an SK so this is where my SK teams start Cuzz is one of the few people that hasn't given Grujah town credit (the other myself), if this is the team then Cuzz is protecting himself if Grujah flips scum before Cuzz does and also makes Cuzz's reads a bit more useless if he dies first.

5) Robz-Grujah - This would mean that Robz drove the second wagon of D2 on his buddy and they both fake claimed that day and that they eventually wagond their third partner, I don't see it.

6) Robz-Cuzz - Cuzz has given Robz a lot of strong town reads, Robz has not returned the sentiments. If this is the scum team well I'll take the loss happily.

Teams 1-3 are the only teams I'm really willing to accept at this point. If there is an SK it has to be theorel and makes 4-6 the only possible teams but I do not believe Theorel to be a SK.

Based on my teams I find myself willing to vote Theorel, and out of the PR's most willing to lynch Cuzz.

I encourage everyone to do an analysis like the above. substituting the teams that include me in for the teams that include yourself.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1630 on: October 16, 2012, 04:08:48 pm »

"Insomniac is bussing like mad! "
I hated him when he both voted me, and when he stole my sparky hammer.

:(

It worked out though you became obvtown and I was never suspected of anything besides SK. I was pretty choked when you were vacant for the night 2 deadline though so I guess we're even.
"It is one of [Insomniacs] badges of pride that he will bus anyone, at any time, and he has done it over and over on day 1. I am completely serious, it is like the biggest part of his meta." - Dsell

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1631 on: October 16, 2012, 04:10:23 pm »

Why do you think i was lurking?  My biggest posting gap was over a weekend.

Objectively, you were lurking, until the drama at the end of Day 2. Two thirds of the scum team were among the 3 least-frequent posters when I measured halfway through Day 2.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1632 on: October 16, 2012, 04:12:24 pm »

I'm repeating myself at this point, but it's worth repeating. In the future, I will view lurkers the way Catelyn Stark views the Lannisters.
What Catelyn is doing to the Lannister family is actually an excellent example of super-irrational and super-annoying tunneling, so good analogy! Do you also screw up anything you ever attempt and mainly harm the people you love like she does?

..kidding, I too hope we will finally start actually lynching them after this game.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1633 on: October 16, 2012, 04:13:23 pm »

My third take away from this game is to not miss another Voltgloss hosted game... I have not played in all three of them....

So Volt, you can count me as /in for the next one now (INB4ROBZ)

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1634 on: October 16, 2012, 04:14:09 pm »

What Catelyn is doing to the Lannister family is actually an excellent example of super-irrational and super-annoying tunneling, so good analogy! Do you also screw up anything you ever attempt and mainly harm the people you love like she does?

..kidding, I too hope we will finally start actually lynching them after this game.

This policy I like. I don't like policy lynching people for play like PPS's this game.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1635 on: October 16, 2012, 04:18:44 pm »

The difference between lynching people for lurking, and lynching people for some other anti-town behavior, is that lynching for lurking would actually have a fairly good track record as of late, I suspect. This game, and also MIX, at the very least. Oh, and VII! But that was just a mass lurk game.

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1636 on: October 16, 2012, 04:19:30 pm »

The difference between lynching people for lurking, and lynching people for some other anti-town behavior, is that lynching for lurking would actually have a fairly good track record as of late, I suspect. This game, and also MIX, at the very least. Oh, and VII! But that was just a mass lurk game.

Let me tell you it would have been sooo hard for me to win as the only non lurker on my team.

sparky5856

• Bishop
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia XII: A Fistful of Waffles! (DAY 2 IS UNDERWAY)
« Reply #1637 on: October 16, 2012, 04:24:54 pm »

We won?

ZOOOOOOOOOOMMMMM EDUCATION IS AWESOME ZOOOOOOOOMMM

I gotta say, I was laughing SO hard at Robz's stream of posts on Page 53.

I must say, sparky played scum much, much better than in MIX. His posts are completely devoid of useful content, but they didn't appear like that at the time. Points for him. Very hard to get anything out of what he's said, and almost nobody else said much about him, either. A very good under-the-radar scum.

I left behind a good trail didn't I  ;) I've played mafia before on other forums so I have some experience, this was definitely the most intense game I've ever played though. The very first time I was ever scum, I hardcore bussed my only partner on Day 3, and I ended up surviving to the end and winning. I've been called a dangerous scum player in the past. I would say that one of the biggest things going in our favor was, well, the lack of a trail left by me as Jo initially pointed out in Day 2 for one, but also the fact that you all only lynched the weakest of the three scum; I still managed to divert attention from my scummates successfully lol. But next time I definitely can't be lurking as much >_<

Well played Grujah and Insomniac and nice use of powers  :)

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1638 on: October 16, 2012, 04:27:35 pm »

According to the leaderboard document I was only bested in post content by Robz and Captain_Frisk...apparently when Frisk comes out of lurk he comes out HARD.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1639 on: October 16, 2012, 04:29:41 pm »

According to the leaderboard document I was only bested in post content by Robz and Captain_Frisk...apparently when Frisk comes out of lurk he comes out HARD.

along those same lines... Grujah posted a whole 68 times all game... compared to Robz=416! and Eevee (died Night 1)=51

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1640 on: October 16, 2012, 04:31:50 pm »

I think this all boils back to the early VT claim.  I was so pissed that it seemed that the day 1 lynch was a foregone conclusion. 

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #1641 on: October 16, 2012, 04:32:06 pm »

along those same lines... Grujah posted a whole 68 times all game... compared to Robz=416! and Eevee (died Night 1)=51

Lynch all lurkers. End of story.

Mafia Record:

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1642 on: October 16, 2012, 04:32:31 pm »

Thats just as bad as me tunneling PPS i think.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1643 on: October 16, 2012, 04:34:10 pm »

I think it boils down to lynch all scummy lurkers... I certainly had a unique perspective knowing alignments, but I could tell the difference between Grujah and sparky "lurking" and cuzz and theorel "lurking"

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1644 on: October 16, 2012, 04:35:08 pm »

I think it boils down to lynch all scummy lurkers... I certainly had a unique perspective knowing alignments, but I could tell the difference between Grujah and sparky "lurking" and cuzz and theorel "lurking"

But objectively, Grujah and sparky lurked more than Cuzz and theorel. Cuzz and theorel straddled the line. Grujah and sparky LURKED.

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1645 on: October 16, 2012, 04:35:52 pm »

I don't think I would have known the difference on the other side of the looking glass. PPE: Robz is true that Grujah and sparky lurked more but I did call theorel a lurker to help my case.

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1646 on: October 16, 2012, 04:37:58 pm »

Grujah's posts post doctor claim felt like scum to me - but I had the "no way is he that crazy" goggles on.

Cuzz

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Cuzz
    • View Profile
« Reply #1647 on: October 16, 2012, 04:39:11 pm »

My phone is inadequate to express my irritation at the moment. Robz is getting an earful when I get home.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #1648 on: October 16, 2012, 04:40:01 pm »

Congrats mafia, well played.

Robz, I disagree with your vigs shouldn't shoot line, so I won't apologize there, although I did to Cayvie in the spec thread.  Obvtown she was not.

Didn't see this outcome coming though.  Great game.

Big thanks to Volt for modding!
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1649 on: October 16, 2012, 04:40:09 pm »

My phone is inadequate to express my irritation at the moment. Robz is getting an earful when I get home.

+1
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 70  All

Page created in 0.054 seconds with 15 queries.