Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 106  All

Author Topic: RMM3: Read The Freaking Flavour (Game Over, Evil Wins!)  (Read 232228 times)

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
Re: RMM3: Read The Freaking Flavour (Day 3, PM for interactive Spectator QT)
« Reply #1325 on: October 17, 2012, 02:51:58 pm »

If it seems like I'm sure Frisk is a vig and you are a SK, that's not the case. Just that all the explanations I've seen presented support that theory. Wish we had Galzria here to help figure things out..

Buddy Frisk, Man that sucks tell on Galz.

Dsell's comments today have looked weird to me too. One tangent though; I think we can assume that the ice cream kills are mafia, because we've had one both nights and Frisk already took responsibility for the strangulation yesterday. So, that means that if Dsell is scum, he is a serial killer that got roleblocked yesterday*, and Frisk is the vig he claims he is. So, again, assuming we've caught the serial killer, do we want to lynch him? We could also do what we did to Frisk; instruct him to nokill / kill targets we desire. Never waste any town power roles on him, and just lynch him if he starts flying solo. Concentrate on the mafia hunt today. Idk, thoughts?

Really? It's more likely that I'm SK than the black-gloved strangler who we CAUGHT killing yesterday? Yes, it's possible he's a vig but I still think it's more likely that he's the SK, and if that's the case I'm sure he's lying about not doing a kill (since he apparently wasn't reverse-tracked this time).

Recall that I didn't even realize that I was roleblocked until halfway through yesterday when eHalc sent me a PM explaining the oversight. And even then, I couldn't confirm that I'd been roleblocked till later on in the day.
How do you explain Galzria's death flavor then? Feels important to actually try to read into the flavor in a game titled like this.. and flavor supports Frisk's claim.

More buddy.

Now don't get me wrong - you have a correct read here (at least as it pertains to me being a vig).  I'm just wondering if you believe me because it makes sense, or because you <b>know</b> its true.
I support funsockets.... taking as much time as they need to get it right.

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #1326 on: October 17, 2012, 02:59:53 pm »

I didn't kill anybody. It looks like Frisk didn't either last night, but that doesn't mean he's not the SK. I think it's more likely that he's the SK than vig due to the look of the kills and the fact that he killed Insom, who (I may be remembering wrong) didn't seem very scummy.

I don't know who made the kills, it's possible Galz' power even made him commit suicide. K so Frisk might not be obvscum but he's so very far from being confirmed as a vig. It's even still possible that he's mafia!
"Quiet you, you'll lynch Dsell when I'm good and ready" - Insomniac

Winner of Forum Survivor Season 2!

shraeye

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: shraeye
  • More Graph Theory please
    • View Profile
« Reply #1327 on: October 17, 2012, 03:02:40 pm »

I've fallen behind a bit while teaching my class, and have to run to a seminar now.  But I don't understand why people say that Frisk is town.  How does him claiming to not have killed clear him?  There still were two deaths?

Vote: Captain Frisk

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1328 on: October 17, 2012, 03:03:12 pm »

Brief skimming shows that people talked about Frisk in the last few posts, maybe an explanation is there.  I don't have time to read that right now, I'll catch up later.

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1329 on: October 17, 2012, 03:04:52 pm »

Voting without reading.  Awesome.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1330 on: October 17, 2012, 03:09:15 pm »

@Frisk
How would I know? Are you saying I'm a SK? You are making no sense, buddy.. And ffs, I stand by what I said about Galzria. We need people presenting narratives that could explain what has happened. It's not happening today, not at all.

@Dsell
Okay, Galzria commiting suicide and Frisk nokilling as a serial killer is a narrative I find reasonable. Other possibilities:
Galzria commiting suicide and Frisk being a vig, no serial killer (unlikely imo, so many players in the game, needs two scum factions)
Galzria getting shot by Frisk, no vig (flavor needs explaining)
Galzria getting shot by a serial killer who is someone other than Frisk and missed their shot n1 (could be Dsell for example because of the roleblocking), Frisk is a vig.

Idk, saying Frisk is obvscum was pretty ridiculous, both are certainly possible. Getting roleblocked the night a serial killer possbily missed it's shot is just pretty incriminating too, surely you understand the suspicion?

Yeah wtf, tempted to policy vote shraeye for voting without reading!? But then again I doubt scum would be that dumb/bold, but wugwug.

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1331 on: October 17, 2012, 03:20:55 pm »

@Frisk
How would I know? Are you saying I'm a SK? You are making no sense, buddy.. And ffs, I stand by what I said about Galzria. We need people presenting narratives that could explain what has hap

I claimed vig and was not countered claimed  As mafia - you would then suspect that I'm Vig or SK.

Next night 2 kills happen.  I suppose the Galz suicide? is an option, but IMHO this points to another killing role out there.  If I was an SK - and there was a vig - then they would have counter claimed day 1 right? (who puts multiple town vigs in a game?)

So, the real SK or the Mafia kill was blocked on night 1 (note - assuming this is not a multi scum team game), and last night both of those kills went through.  When the other kill goes through - and its clearly not mine - then mafia knows I'm a town vig.  Naturally, I don't want to die, and here look comes my buddy Eevee to help out.

ftl

• Mountebank
  • Shuffle iT Username: ftl
    • View Profile
« Reply #1332 on: October 17, 2012, 03:38:48 pm »

I think Galzria probably suicided. He thought it might happen, and the flavor matches the flavor that Galz had been hinting at earlier, with the fish things.

I think the mafia is definitely killing with a vanilla icecream flavor. I doubt it's joth because of mod wifom, but mod wifom sort of sucks as a reason :(

Still no idea whether frisk is vig or SK, but it doesn't matter at the moment, with so many townies dead sk probably should play like a vig anyway and we'll deal with that closer to the endgame

Man, lets' forget the flavor stuff. It led us entirely wrong yesterday. Just go by standard scumhunting - who lurked until pressured, who supported lynches on townies for bad reasons, whether any claimed power roles used them in an anti-town way, etc. I suppose that means I have to take the time and do rereads of people, so it might be a while, but I think that might be a more productive way to go about today.

Or we could just lynch joth because the flavor leads us straight to him, and then be probably sad when the flavor misleads us again.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1333 on: October 17, 2012, 05:29:37 pm »

I think Galzria probably suicided. He thought it might happen, and the flavor matches the flavor that Galz had been hinting at earlier, with the fish things.

I think the mafia is definitely killing with a vanilla icecream flavor. I doubt it's joth because of mod wifom, but mod wifom sort of sucks as a reason :(

Still no idea whether frisk is vig or SK, but it doesn't matter at the moment, with so many townies dead sk probably should play like a vig anyway and we'll deal with that closer to the endgame

Man, lets' forget the flavor stuff. It led us entirely wrong yesterday. Just go by standard scumhunting - who lurked until pressured, who supported lynches on townies for bad reasons, whether any claimed power roles used them in an anti-town way, etc. I suppose that means I have to take the time and do rereads of people, so it might be a while, but I think that might be a more productive way to go about today.

Or we could just lynch joth because the flavor leads us straight to him, and then be probably sad when the flavor misleads us again.
Got a good townie feeling of ftl from this post, needs more pondering like this. Maybe because I read it after reading Frisk's posts which I found super confusing.

Sorry I got semi-worked up earlier, shouldn't post when I'm hungry. I stand by everything I said, but the tone was maybe a bit out of line, my bad.

@Frisk
I don't understand this post.. At all. Isn't everyone (town or mafia) thinking you are either a vig or a sk? Except for the sk if there is one other than you obviously. The reasons for assuming the scoop-kills are mafia have been explained numerous times. What are you blaming me off? I don't want to you to die if you really are a vig, and I'm trying to discuss possible scenarios in the hope of figuring out which one is true / is more likely true. I don't understand.

Watno

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Watno
    • View Profile
« Reply #1334 on: October 17, 2012, 06:51:09 pm »

I targeted ashersky because he told Eevee not to target him, because it's possible Eevee actually wanted to target the mailman despite saying he wouldn't. I think ashersky looked towny for revealing that he targeted Insomniac without any need to so. Also, Galz said that he had figured out his role and thought it wasn't a scum role. Plus he wasn't on the last wagon. So I thought he might be a target for a kill.

Consensus seems to be I should reveal my results, and i see nothing speaking against that: Noone targetted ftl or ashersky tonight (or at least, thats what my info says)
As day 3 begins, two players are completely covered in magenta paint. However, your special colour vision does not detect any traces of magenta paint on any other players!

Considering quotes people have pointed out, i agree its likely that galzria suicided. That invalidates the Dsell-was-blocked-killing theory.

I don't think we should kill Frisk today, because we really gotta kill mafia and im quite sure he's a SK. Note that I believe according to his role description, his kills will probably always have a different flavour (if he has lots of ways to kill, why keep using the same?), but i don't think any of the kills today match.

Regarding joth, I don't believe in this great frame that he claims is going on. The easist explanation is probably be the best, namely that joth is Mafia and did the two kills. It's possible that he didn't realize before the first kill that it would have flavour that identifies him, and then in night 2 he just didn't want to put an additional townie in danger. Also the way multiple people came out in the beginning of the day, instantly telling that joth was likely being framed looks weird to me. So I'll vote joth

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1335 on: October 17, 2012, 06:53:03 pm »

iPhone posting but you have a scumslip in there watno

Watno

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Watno
    • View Profile
« Reply #1336 on: October 17, 2012, 07:05:31 pm »

Regarding joth, I don't believe in this great frame that he claims is going on. The easist explanation is probably be the best, namely that joth is Mafia and did the two kills. It's possible that he didn't realize before the first kill that it would have flavour that identifies him, and then in night 2 he just didn't want to put an additional townie mafioso in danger. Also the way multiple people came out in the beginning of the day, instantly telling that joth was likely being framed looks weird to me. So I'll vote joth
Should be this obviously.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #1337 on: October 17, 2012, 08:09:10 pm »

Watno's post is helpful, but I don't know what he means by me targeting Insom.  So that's odd.

I still lean toward Joth doing the vanilla kills and just redirecting attention with theories and wifom ideas.

Frisk is SK or vig, but either way, he needs to kill like a vig if he wants to survive, so I think he's worth letting live for at least another day.

Good to know Eevee didn't target me and get us killed.

Ftl is looking town to me after that last post, but I don't agree that we can ignore flavor.  Too important.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

Lekkit

• 2011 Swedish Champion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Lekkit
    • View Profile
« Reply #1338 on: October 17, 2012, 08:42:55 pm »

jo: Who are you suspicious of?

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #1339 on: October 17, 2012, 09:00:58 pm »

It's possible that Jo didn't know his kill would have flavor but when everyone agreed that he must be being framed he just went for it again last night in order to continue the framing theory.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1340 on: October 17, 2012, 09:18:11 pm »

Wouldn't it be super-bastardly of eHalcyon to tell two townies (archetype and Jorbles) Joth's flavor, and then dump the flavor on his kills like that without telling him?

ftl

• Mountebank
  • Shuffle iT Username: ftl
    • View Profile
« Reply #1341 on: October 17, 2012, 09:21:02 pm »

wait lol 2 people just said I'm townie for that post?

Except I still haven't found the time to do the work/rereads that I said we need to do and that I said I'd do, and I keep not finding the time for it... :/ and I won't have time for it today I think, maybe tomorrow...

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #1342 on: October 17, 2012, 09:23:53 pm »

No, it doesn't seem likely. But it is mod wifom.

The thing that gets me is that either Watno is lying or there is a ninja that's killing with an ice cream scoop. Maybe the simpler thing is to just kill Watno, except that he's reading rather town to me. Ugh...man maybe that is the best thing though.

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1343 on: October 18, 2012, 12:42:15 am »

If it seems like I'm sure Frisk is a vig and you are a SK, that's not the case. Just that all the explanations I've seen presented support that theory. Wish we had Galzria here to help figure things out..

Buddy Frisk, Man that sucks tell on Galz.

Dsell's comments today have looked weird to me too. One tangent though; I think we can assume that the ice cream kills are mafia, because we've had one both nights and Frisk already took responsibility for the strangulation yesterday. So, that means that if Dsell is scum, he is a serial killer that got roleblocked yesterday*, and Frisk is the vig he claims he is. So, again, assuming we've caught the serial killer, do we want to lynch him? We could also do what we did to Frisk; instruct him to nokill / kill targets we desire. Never waste any town power roles on him, and just lynch him if he starts flying solo. Concentrate on the mafia hunt today. Idk, thoughts?

Really? It's more likely that I'm SK than the black-gloved strangler who we CAUGHT killing yesterday? Yes, it's possible he's a vig but I still think it's more likely that he's the SK, and if that's the case I'm sure he's lying about not doing a kill (since he apparently wasn't reverse-tracked this time).

Recall that I didn't even realize that I was roleblocked until halfway through yesterday when eHalc sent me a PM explaining the oversight. And even then, I couldn't confirm that I'd been roleblocked till later on in the day.
How do you explain Galzria's death flavor then? Feels important to actually try to read into the flavor in a game titled like this.. and flavor supports Frisk's claim.

More buddy.

Now don't get me wrong - you have a correct read here (at least as it pertains to me being a vig).  I'm just wondering if you believe me because it makes sense, or because you <b>know</b> its true.
These seem like thin and terrible tells.  What, just scan mafiascum tells 101 to see what applies to eevee?  Also, did you just say that eevee is the SK?  That doesn't make any sense to me, as you still look super SK.  Maybe Dsell could be with the roleblock fiasco but his explanation of the situation that I asked him for seemed legitimate to me on first read.

Oh and here you call eevee mafia,
what is it, mafia or SK?  Because obviously your awesome Man This Sucks read on Eevee is spot on so he HAS to be some kind of scum.

I guess I can sort out this beef later, because it's obvious to me that you are SK, but people are right that with so many mislynches, you have to play like a vig so are helpful to us.

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1344 on: October 18, 2012, 12:45:07 am »

I targeted ashersky because he told Eevee not to target him, because it's possible Eevee actually wanted to target the mailman despite saying he wouldn't. I think ashersky looked towny for revealing that he targeted Insomniac without any need to so. Also, Galz said that he had figured out his role and thought it wasn't a scum role. Plus he wasn't on the last wagon. So I thought he might be a target for a kill.
I thought Galz said he had figured out ftl's role, not ashersky's.

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
Re: RMM3: Read The Freaking Flavour (Day 2, PM for interactive Spectator QT)
« Reply #1345 on: October 18, 2012, 12:48:33 am »

RobZ - if you're not trollin, do you have any last words for us?

I've given my last words over and over and over again. Something doesn't add up in the Watno department, as you will soon see. Everyone keep in mind that ftl somehow knew I was seaweed, but what does it mean? Joth/Jorbles = 1 scum, probably? Frisk sounds like SK to me. Don't ignore everyone else, but even I think these are the people to focus on.

If you're town, I agree, these are generally good reads. I've never dismissed the Jorbles/Joth situation, just didn't see a good resolution of it today. And I've maintained that it's highly likely that you or Watno was lying - so if it isn't you (despite supporting evidence)...
Also watno, I recall this happening yesterday, but I don't remember how he decuded that you or Robz was lying.  When I get time tomorrow I'm going to look deeper into this, because I didn't understand a lot of things about the actions yesterday, and I want to see if I can make more sense of things now that we know Robz was town.

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1346 on: October 18, 2012, 12:53:39 am »

So we have either:

a. A liar within {joth, cayvie}
b. The ability to recharge scoops?
c.  Joth was roleblocked and as such did not use his Y scoops last night?

I know the answer to this is yes.

I do as well...but I am still trying to work out the ramifications.
I think I know something about this as well.  I'm also turning wheels about ramifications.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1347 on: October 18, 2012, 12:59:58 am »

jo: Who are you suspicious of?

This jumped out at me:

Sorry I got semi-worked up earlier, shouldn't post when I'm hungry. I stand by everything I said, but the tone was maybe a bit out of line, my bad.

Because (1) hungry is kind of a lame excuse for rude play, but (2) I don't recall the post he's apologizing for or anyone calling him out. I think scum players, especially ones who aren't entirely comfortable with lying, can be overly critical/apologetic of their own posts often.

I also still think Watno is a very possible scum candidate. His being scum would go a long way towards answering the unanswered questions about yesterday's kill.

And then there's Dsell. I happen to believe Frisk's vig claim, and I know Jorbles roleblocked Dsell yesterday. Yet when I asked Dsell initially "Did anything happen to you?" (after Jorbles had told me in the QT but not the town what he'd done) Dsell said "nothing of note."

So, to recap:

There was no extra kill the first night (if Frisk is vig and didn't fire). There was one last night (or Galz suicided). Jorbles blocked Dsell the first night. Dsell only confirmed that he was blocked when it was clear he couldn't get out of it. So Dsell is the top scumread for me.

"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #1348 on: October 18, 2012, 01:08:35 am »

There was no extra kill the first night (if Frisk is vig and didn't fire). There was one last night (or Galz suicided). Jorbles blocked Dsell the first night. Dsell only confirmed that he was blocked when it was clear he couldn't get out of it. So Dsell is the top scumread for me.

This is ridiculous because it is modconfirmed to the whole thread that an error was made and that I was not made aware of the strawberry ice cream until mid day.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1349 on: October 18, 2012, 01:12:59 am »

This is ridiculous because it is modconfirmed to the whole thread that an error was made and that I was not made aware of the strawberry ice cream until mid day.

But had you tried to kill someone and they stayed alive, that you would have known.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 106  All

Page created in 0.056 seconds with 16 queries.