Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 106  All

Author Topic: RMM3: Read The Freaking Flavour (Game Over, Evil Wins!)  (Read 233764 times)

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile

i do want to say, though: if someone out there is looking for Neo or Harry or Aang, then claiming that you aren't from their respective source materials is just as helpful to their hunters as full claiming.
18:28 MEASURE YOUR LIFE IN LOVE: you shouldve done the decent thing and resign rather than go on being that lucky all the time

she/her

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile

i'm finding this game frustrating!

i don't have anything to latch onto. my flavor claim position is actually moving toward "on the fence".
This is less frustrating than day 1 usually is imo. I think we as a community have improved vastly in playing day 1.

ftl

• Mountebank
  • Shuffle iT Username: ftl
    • View Profile

I had a little bit of a town read on Jorbles at first, it went away later though. I still don't have a scumread on him.

What's with all this movie talk!

At this point it seems like a lot of people have roles outside of HP and the HP flavor was definitely modtrolling of some kind, don't know what kind. I think that at least may be useful to know. We'll see when night happens whether flavor changes or whatnot, with dementors and beans and cards. I'm back to being neutral about flavorclaims, I'll probably go along with whatever everyone decides. We may or may not even have a Neo, Harry Potter, Aang, or whatever.

Bah, I've lost like all my scum and townreads over the last few pages. Vote: jotheonah

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile

Bah, I've lost like all my scum and townreads over the last few pages. Vote: jotheonah
Why?

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
    • View Profile

Eevee, I sort of agree that we are getting better at day 1, but that translates to not much of anything sticking out to me one way or another. Hopefully a reread will help.
"Quiet you, you'll lynch Dsell when I'm good and ready" - Insomniac

Winner of Forum Survivor Season 2!

ftl

• Mountebank
    • View Profile

Why?

Dunno. Until a bit back I thought Jorbles was probably town, and Robz was probably scum, but then stuff has been happening recently and both of those reads sort of went away.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile

Eevee, I sort of agree that we are getting better at day 1, but that translates to not much of anything sticking out to me one way or another. Hopefully a reread will help.
We go after better candidates nowadays (the guys who play different than usual, preferably in that they try to stay in the back and never really say anything or take positions, compared to the earlier meta of lynching someone for being controversial [sadly still happens] or for making a stupid comment or a mistake).

That came out confusing, probably time to head to sleeps already. I'll be VLA for the entire tomorrow (my former room mate is moving to mexico and having a farewell party), won't be reading/posting in the next 36 hours.

PPE: @ftl
I meant why the vote?

ftl

• Mountebank
    • View Profile

Oh. I looked over the list of people in the game and picked out someone who I thought seemed scummy based on my gut feelings.

Not really random, but doesn't really have anything concrete behind it either. I figured I should put my vote somewhere, picked joth.

Archetype

• Jester
  • Suffers from Fancy Play Syndrom
    • View Profile

Archetype should post more.

I know :( I've been pretty busy.

Starting to get some better reads on people.

Dsell is seeming very townish to me as well as Galz.

Slightly supsicious of ftl, Insomniac, and Eevee
Neutral reads on everyone else.

I also really haven't put a vote on anyone, so I'll go with a Vote: ftl for now. Probably will change once things start heating up.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile

I also really haven't put a vote on anyone, so I'll go with a Vote: ftl for now. Probably will change once things start heating up.
Couldn't resist checking the thread once more from phone and glad I didn't; this stood out as ultra-scummy to me. Seems like arhetype is setting himself up so that he can jump on any other wagon that might get rolling later. Cant quite word it clearly but myube you get what I mean? Isnt that the classiciest scum hedge behaviour ever?
Vote: archetype (before anyone jumps on me for voting for a mistake, I dont consider this a mistake but a very scummy position)

Archetype

• Jester
    • View Profile

Couldn't resist checking the thread once more from phone and glad I didn't; this stood out as ultra-scummy to me. Seems like arhetype is setting himself up so that he can jump on any other wagon that might get rolling later. Cant quite word it clearly but myube you get what I mean? Isnt that the classiciest scum hedge behaviour ever?
Vote: archetype (before anyone jumps on me for voting for a mistake, I dont consider this a mistake but a very scummy position)

I didn't mean to appear scummy, but honestly, I don't really see any players that stand out as scummy. I guess I just worded it in a way so that it sounds scummy.

So yes it was a misunderstanding and I could have worded it a lot better.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile

Vote: Eevee

... aren't we playing "vote for the last person who posted"?
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile

Way to mess up my snark, Archetype.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile

I didn't mean to appear scummy, but honestly, I don't really see any players that stand out as scummy. I guess I just worded it in a way so that it sounds scummy.

So yes it was a misunderstanding and I could have worded it a lot better.
Saying 'i didnt mean to appear scummy' isnt the sharpest defence.. :) But sure, townies can make mistakes too and I won't completely crucify you for that, but let it be known I now find you the scummiest of us and for that am voting for you. Still also like ashersky though.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile

Grrr @joth for trying to rvs and snark when I think I have a legit case on ash and would want to know what others think of it.

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile

Sentence 1: why?
Sentence 2: why?
18:28 MEASURE YOUR LIFE IN LOVE: you shouldve done the decent thing and resign rather than go on being that lucky all the time

she/her

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile

Grrr @joth for trying to rvs and snark when I think I have a legit case on ash and would want to know what others think of it.

don't you mean Archetype?

He/him

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile

don't you mean Archetype?
yes, arch. sorry.

Archetype

• Jester
    • View Profile

Sentence 1: why?
Sentence 2: why?
Sentence 1: ftl seems the scummiest to mean, but I'm starting to think Eevee is. Probably because of OMGUS.
Sentence 2: Now that I think I have a better scum read on people, I'm going to change:
Vote: Eevee

ftl

• Mountebank
    • View Profile

What do you find scummy about Eevee?

Archetype

• Jester
    • View Profile

Voting for me just for a simple wording error.

Plus OMGUS.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile

Voting for me just for a simple wording error.

Plus OMGUS.
It's not an error, it's your actual plan. How are other people not picking up on this at all, is it just me? Do you think I'm scummy because I find you scummy? You know thats what omgus means..

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile

I agree with Eevee that Archetype's plan sounds a bit scummy; the whole "I'll plant my vote here for now but will change when I can hop to a safe wagon" thing comes across badly.

That said, I think Eevee's behavior lately has been suspect, especially given past play.  Eevee is the towniest of town, and yet not this game.  He's just a bit...off?  Vote: Eevee.

I understand he's going V/LA though, so note I am willing to unvote if this turns into a quick-wagon.

I'll note joth in the scummish column as well.  Robz a bit closer to neutral.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

Lekkit

• 2011 Swedish Champion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Lekkit
    • View Profile

I actually find Eevee towny. All the games I've played with him he's been all over the place trying hard to make things happen. This game is no different.

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile

I actually find Eevee towny. All the games I've played with him he's been all over the place trying hard to make things happen. This game is no different.

I always find him scummy.  M7 was a great example. I guess I agree with you, but one of these days he's going to fool us all.
I support funsockets.... taking as much time as they need to get it right.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 106  All

Page created in 0.05 seconds with 16 queries.