Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 106  All

Author Topic: RMM3: Read The Freaking Flavour (Game Over, Evil Wins!)  (Read 233880 times)

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
Re: RMM3: Read The Freaking Flavour
« Reply #350 on: September 26, 2012, 04:24:14 pm »

Absolutely agree its supposed to be a joke, and the numbers don't actually correspond the way she (he?  Can Cayvie confirm gender?  I've seen both used.) said.  But it's the specificity of #3, and including herself in the scum, that seems scummy to me.

Regarding gender, check under my avatar on the left.

What do you mean by #3? Are you referring to the fact that I referred to "the three scum"? I just thought it worked better as a joke.

Had a thought: have we seen shraeye post D1 in any games? I know he died N1 in IX.

Yes, #3 refers to your use of three.  IPad abbreviating...

Shraeye was active other D1s, I recall.  Nothing strikes me as any different this game.

The cayvie lynch and the ashersky lynch both look terrible. The cayvie lynch because the logic is so speculative. Since frisk is already lumping on shraeye for supporting the terrible lynch, I will ignore that for now, though shraeye looks scummy to me at the moment.

I mean, sure, but isn't speculation (and speculative logic) all we have D1?  I say it's better than RVS.  Cayvie said something weird, I called her on it and speculated as to what it could mean.  It seems scummy, that's all.

Yes, all we have is speculation, but the fact that she mentioned these numbers seems way more likely to be a joke than a genuine scum slip. Scum would be more cautious than that.

Absolutely agree its supposed to be a joke, and the numbers don't actually correspond the way she (he?  Can Cayvie confirm gender?  I've seen both used.) said.  But it's the specificity of #3, and including herself in the scum, that seems scummy to me.

I don't remember you saying this before. This was Watno's reason but I don't remember you even hinting that this was why you voted before.

I referred to the post where Cayvie made the joke, and said the three thing was scummy.  Watno did mention the self reference as being scummy, not the joke.  I agree with Watno that the inclusion of self makes it seem scummier.  In fact, I might not have noticed if Cayvie had listed three others.  Would have been more jokey.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

ftl

• Mountebank
  • Shuffle iT Username: ftl
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: September 26, 2012, 04:25:39 pm »

No, I haven't done much here. My RMM and BMMMM meta is to contribute very little until late in the game, where I become one of the last 2 or 3 pivotal town players, and have to frantically figure everything out.

Pivotal town players, or scum players.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: September 26, 2012, 04:38:00 pm »

No, I haven't done much here. My RMM and BMMMM meta is to contribute very little until late in the game, where I become one of the last 2 or 3 pivotal town players, and have to frantically figure everything out.
Yea, but that's also your scum meta. Saying 'I will be awesome later' is a terrible terrible excuse for not contributing early.

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: September 26, 2012, 04:46:08 pm »

Yea, but that's also your scum meta. Saying 'I will be awesome later' is a terrible terrible excuse for not contributing early.

Is it my scum meta? I don't think I have a scum meta (I hope). I believe my behavior in MII, MVI, MVIII, and MIX are as different from each other as possible, and by design. And I've only once been scum in bastard/role madness.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: September 26, 2012, 04:49:35 pm »

Is it my scum meta? I don't think I have a scum meta (I hope). I believe my behavior in MII, MVI, MVIII, and MIX are as different from each other as possible, and by design. And I've only once been scum in bastard/role madness.
It is how you've played scum before, and how you could play scum here. And that's why avoiding day 1 because you'll do so great later is almost as bad as claiming VT day 1.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: September 26, 2012, 04:55:09 pm »

It is how you've played scum before, and how you could play scum here. And that's why avoiding day 1 because you'll do so great later is almost as bad as claiming VT day 1.

I don't think it's anything like claiming VT day 1. My point is just this: the bastard/role madness Day 1 is even more aimless than the usual Day 1, so I'm typically not the most active person during it. I don't see this as a problem.

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: September 26, 2012, 04:59:10 pm »

I don't think it's anything like claiming VT day 1. My point is just this: the bastard/role madness Day 1 is even more aimless than the usual Day 1, so I'm typically not the most active person during it. I don't see this as a problem.

Why on earth is it any different, you can run day 1 in RM just the same as if it were normal.
"It is one of [Insomniacs] badges of pride that he will bus anyone, at any time, and he has done it over and over on day 1. I am completely serious, it is like the biggest part of his meta." - Dsell

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: September 26, 2012, 05:04:36 pm »

Robz, I think you are sacrificing town's win % to your personal convenience & survival (and also making being scum easier to hide for yourself). Sure, there is no fixed amount of activity you are required to show on day 1, but purposefully contributing only a little / not at all day 1 is clearly anti-town behavior.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: September 26, 2012, 05:06:44 pm »

Robz, I think you are sacrificing town's win % to your personal convenience & survival (and also making being scum easier to hide for yourself). Sure, there is no fixed amount of activity you are required to show on day 1, but purposefully contributing only a little / not at all day 1 is clearly anti-town behavior.

It's not deliberate. I am not withholding my thoughts.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: September 26, 2012, 05:22:55 pm »

It's not deliberate. I am not withholding my thoughts.
You just don't have anything, it's only late-game you transition into a useful player? Okay..

To not seem snarky, I think posting these little reads and impressions is what keeps us moving here (and how scum can be found, if their actions and words dont match). Sure, it's possible that Frisk, Dsell and joth are all mafia and I look like an idiot and people point and laugh at me in various quicktopics, but at least I try from early on. Someone posts reads, someone else agrees or disagrees, that's how we get discussion. Doesnt mstter if it's day 1 and those reads are likely wrong.

ftl

• Mountebank
  • Shuffle iT Username: ftl
    • View Profile
« Reply #360 on: September 26, 2012, 05:30:01 pm »

D1 of a RMM game should be no different than D1 of a regular game, since you haven't had any night actions yet to be random with, shouldn't it?

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: September 26, 2012, 05:34:48 pm »

D1 of a RMM game should be no different than D1 of a regular game, since you haven't had any night actions yet to be random with, shouldn't it?
We could have crazy dayroles and what not, but mostly yes. I think Robz is making excuses, but that doesn't necessarily mean he is hiding something (like his alignment). I tend to think Robz is never scum when I think he's scummy, because he plays scum so well I wouldn't suspect him if he was. I probably give him a little too much credit.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: September 26, 2012, 05:35:11 pm »

Who is the biggest lurker right now? Let's kill that person.

Archetype

• Jester
  • Suffers from Fancy Play Syndrom
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: September 26, 2012, 05:40:15 pm »

If you insist... Vote:Robz

Archetype

• Jester
  • Suffers from Fancy Play Syndrom
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: September 26, 2012, 05:44:27 pm »

Totally joking, you've been posting and you have your own Mafia game to worry about.

Unvote

cayvie's 'joke' could be a scum slip. She's a good player and could have made that joke to make her appear less scummy.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: September 26, 2012, 05:47:23 pm »

I don't know if you are serious or not, but I think examining a couple of the least active players and voting for the guy who seems the scummiest of them is a good way to approach day 1. I'm obviously not going to comment on my own alignment in the ongoing XI, but that method yielded in town nailing mafia Grujah on day 1 there.

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: September 26, 2012, 05:49:16 pm »

Totally joking, you've been posting and you have your own Mafia game to worry about.

Unvote

cayvie's 'joke' could be a scum slip. She's a good player and could have made that joke to make her appear less scummy.

Normally Robz says jokes/smileys are a scum tell...

What say you Robz!?
"It is one of [Insomniacs] badges of pride that he will bus anyone, at any time, and he has done it over and over on day 1. I am completely serious, it is like the biggest part of his meta." - Dsell

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: September 26, 2012, 05:52:57 pm »

Yes, #3 refers to your use of three.  IPad abbreviating...

Shraeye was active other D1s, I recall.  Nothing strikes me as any different this game.

Nah, more along the lines of, I'm seriously wondering if shraeye, in particular, gets how D1 is different from subequent days.

I referred to the post where Cayvie made the joke, and said the three thing was scummy.  Watno did mention the self reference as being scummy, not the joke.  I agree with Watno that the inclusion of self makes it seem scummier.  In fact, I might not have noticed if Cayvie had listed three others.  Would have been more jokey.

What? That would be a terrible joke!

"i've found these three scum, and they're Robz, jotheonah, and shraeye!"

that's indistinguishable from a baseless accusation. The fact that I was included in the list is what makes it a joke at all!
18:28 MEASURE YOUR LIFE IN LOVE: you shouldve done the decent thing and resign rather than go on being that lucky all the time

she/her

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: September 26, 2012, 05:53:30 pm »

Unvote

What say you Robz!?

I haven't said that in a million years. It's definitely not a scumslip anymore.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: September 26, 2012, 05:56:22 pm »

Unvote

What say you Robz!?

It only was when you needed to tunnel me and be right? :'(

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: September 26, 2012, 05:57:56 pm »

Unvote

What say you Robz!?

It only was when you needed to tunnel me and be right? :'(

Pretty much!

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile

eHal, can we get the latest vote count?

So, assuming Cayvie/Ashersky wagons are losing momentum, where do we look?  I suppose strat is slightly different given the set-up, but how much?  Role fishing helps only scum, I think, so even with that madness, I don't see that as a viable conversation topic for now.

We haven't discussed flavor for awhile, though it seems important.  What can we glean from flavor that would help? 

If we separate the silly (Robz spells) from the real (Neo code), what are we left with?  I don't know, honestly, but open it up for discussion.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile

So, assuming Cayvie/Ashersky wagons are losing momentum, where do we look?  I suppose strat is slightly different given the set-up, but how much?  Role fishing helps only scum, I think, so even with that madness, I don't see that as a viable conversation topic for now.

We haven't discussed flavor for awhile, though it seems important.  What can we glean from flavor that would help? 

If we separate the silly (Robz spells) from the real (Neo code), what are we left with?  I don't know, honestly, but open it up for discussion.

I'm gonna try this...

FOR EHAL!

VOTE: NO LUNCH!

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile

Ashersky, that seems like you are trying to plant the idea of your wagon cooling off into our heads. This pace feels reasonable for a wagon that is not a slam dunk. If you were at six votes suddenly, I'd be unvoting pretty quick because wagons forming that quickly are almost always town wagons. The more I think about it, the more I like the ashersky lynch idea actually, and that's really rare for me, especially day 1.

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile

Vote Count 1.3

ashersky (3): jotheonah, Eevee, Dsell
cayvie (1): ashersky
Dsell (1): Jorbles
ftl (1): cayvie
Galzria (1): Watno
jotheonah (1): ftl
Robz888 (1): shraeye
shraeye (1): Captain_Frisk
Voltaire (1): Robz888

Not voting (4): Archetype, Galzria, Insomniac, Voltaire

With 15 alive, it takes 8 to lynch.

Lynch deadline: Monday, October 8, 5:00pm MDT

Please do let me know if something seems amiss.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2012, 06:39:50 pm by eHalcyon »
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 106  All

Page created in 0.057 seconds with 16 queries.