Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 106  All

Author Topic: RMM3: Read The Freaking Flavour (Game Over, Evil Wins!)  (Read 233627 times)

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
Re: RMM3: Read The Freaking Flavour
« Reply #225 on: September 25, 2012, 11:26:03 am »

I don't think Robz plays scum the way most people play scum.

How do I play scum? How do most people play scum??
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: September 25, 2012, 11:30:27 am »

and how do most people play scum?
"It is one of [Insomniacs] badges of pride that he will bus anyone, at any time, and he has done it over and over on day 1. I am completely serious, it is like the biggest part of his meta." - Dsell

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: September 25, 2012, 11:34:24 am »

Sure, but I'm trying to sew these small bits of information/read together to form the big picture. I certainly think "hum, that's something town usually does" is worth noting. Like the slight town read on Frisk for RVS'ing Ins, and the slight raise of the eyebrow at Jorbles for posting "content" I already posted. When I post about something little and call it a "read", it doesn't mean that's my full take on that person. Just to make this clear.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: September 25, 2012, 11:35:22 am »

I know this! By not doing anything, posting just enough to avoid suspicion and generally staying in the back as much as possible, being as uncontroversial as possible.

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: September 25, 2012, 11:35:39 am »

Sure, but I'm trying to sew these small bits of information/read together to form the big picture. I certainly think "hum, that's something town usually does" is worth noting. Like the slight town read on Frisk for RVS'ing Ins, and the slight raise of the eyebrow at Jorbles for posting "content" I already posted. When I post about something little and call it a "read", it doesn't mean that's my full take on that person. Just to make this clear.

You reading the same game as me? Frisk is voting for you right now.
"It is one of [Insomniacs] badges of pride that he will bus anyone, at any time, and he has done it over and over on day 1. I am completely serious, it is like the biggest part of his meta." - Dsell

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: September 25, 2012, 11:41:00 am »

Referring to earlier (page 7 to be exact): I mentioned it because it's a perfect example of what I was talking about: a "small read", a little thing I think is worth taking a note of.

Mild town read on Frisk, he must know by now that voting Ins pretty much always results in him voting back, and in my experience scum Frisk would want to avoid the attention rather than risk getting a bunch of RVS votes. Implies he doesn't care that much about being suspected, which always reads towny to me.

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: September 25, 2012, 11:44:57 am »

Referring to earlier (page 7 to be exact): I mentioned it because it's a perfect example of what I was talking about: a "small read", a little thing I think is worth taking a note of.

Mild town read on Frisk, he must know by now that voting Ins pretty much always results in him voting back, and in my experience scum Frisk would want to avoid the attention rather than risk getting a bunch of RVS votes. Implies he doesn't care that much about being suspected, which always reads towny to me.

Also I don't always vote back, that is a falsehood of my meta, I do focus tend to become more focused on sussing out scumminess in past play and if its there I will vote for the person but I tend to not do OMGUS votes outside of RVS. Also its not voting for me, it's falsely calling me scummy.

On the other conversation though, about this.

I know this! By not doing anything, posting just enough to avoid suspicion and generally staying in the back as much as possible, being as uncontroversial as possible.

I think we disagree on what constitutes 'most' people.

Jorbles

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: September 25, 2012, 12:05:38 pm »

Eh, I'm just agreeing with you, not sheeping. We can keep discussing it if you want, but can we also get back to schraeye's request for people to whisper to him here?

i dont understand any of the votes :( i think robz is probably up to something, but see that something as likely town-aligned. Is this the kind of thing i should just let be because it benefits the town even though i dont understand it?
I'm sure the votes can be explained by RVS, Robz can be explained by desire to have fun, and your willingness to let things that confuse you and still be ok with them can be explained some other way.  I know that discussion is riveting here right now, which can probably be explained by Mafia XI's existence.  But for the sake of Archetype, Jorbles, and Robz who can't participate in that craziness we should probably also get slightly more active here.  Get some sillies out and then get serious. 

Here's some early serious questions.  Voltaire, watno, dsell, and frisk please whisper me your thoughts when you get a chance (I picked 4 low postcounters since start).  If there's a powerful town player, do you suspect there to be a powerful scum as well?  How many factions might there be?
Am I misunderstanding things or is whispering not allowed in this game? At least not in my role.

Watno

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Watno
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: September 25, 2012, 12:06:20 pm »

what is going on

is this all fluff

Yes. I've tried to steer the conversation away from fluff and random RVS crap - and we keep seeming to do well - and then Robz comes along casting spells everywhere.

So I'm answering fluff with fluff.

Where did you try to steer the conversation away from fluff and RVS? vote Galzria

@shraeye I think there is a powerful scum character, because this is Role Madness. Regarding factions, i have no idea, but it guess its town + mafia  (+maybe serial killer)

shraeye

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: shraeye
  • More Graph Theory please
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: September 25, 2012, 12:38:38 pm »

Eh, I'm just agreeing with you, not sheeping. We can keep discussing it if you want, but can we also get back to schraeye's request for people to whisper to him here?

i dont understand any of the votes :( i think robz is probably up to something, but see that something as likely town-aligned. Is this the kind of thing i should just let be because it benefits the town even though i dont understand it?
I'm sure the votes can be explained by RVS, Robz can be explained by desire to have fun, and your willingness to let things that confuse you and still be ok with them can be explained some other way.  I know that discussion is riveting here right now, which can probably be explained by Mafia XI's existence.  But for the sake of Archetype, Jorbles, and Robz who can't participate in that craziness we should probably also get slightly more active here.  Get some sillies out and then get serious. 

Here's some early serious questions.  Voltaire, watno, dsell, and frisk please whisper me your thoughts when you get a chance (I picked 4 low postcounters since start).  If there's a powerful town player, do you suspect there to be a powerful scum as well?  How many factions might there be?
Am I misunderstanding things or is whispering not allowed in this game? At least not in my role.
Um, I feel misunderstood here.  I just meant that I'd love to hear from them, but don't demand super vocal/decisive stances on the issues, since we're still in the RVS/transition out of RVS stage.  I don't have a power that lets players PM me, or me PM players.  *(uses quiet voice) I think your interpretation of whisper was off the mark.*

To clarify, I don't think this feels role-fishy, just an honest reaction to an honest misinterpretation.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: September 25, 2012, 12:41:33 pm »

How do I play scum? How do most people play scum??

You seem to be willing to take big risks purely to avoid standard scum play. Even on Day 1. High risk, high reward. But it just means that I'm going to be less swayed by "Scum would never..." arguments when they're applied to you.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: September 25, 2012, 12:44:38 pm »

Where did you try to steer the conversation away from fluff and RVS? vote Galzria

He's one of the first players to jump on the numbers in the posts. Then he did make some jokes, but everyone is allowed to do that at first.  He talks about flavour affecting the game in #174, then admits to knowledge of "neo" in #184.  There is definitely content to his posts, whether or not one thinks that was a good move for town or not.  (I think it's a risky move, but still benefits town more--to quote Galz "It's rather common that they have a better understanding of what's going on than town. By making that a public statement, all it does is level the playing field some for what the town knows.")

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: September 25, 2012, 12:46:48 pm »

He's one of the first players to jump on the numbers in the posts. Then he did make some jokes, but everyone is allowed to do that at first.  He talks about flavour affecting the game in #174, then admits to knowledge of "neo" in #184.  There is definitely content to his posts, whether or not one thinks that was a good move for town or not.  (I think it's a risky move, but still benefits town more--to quote Galz "It's rather common that they have a better understanding of what's going on than town. By making that a public statement, all it does is level the playing field some for what the town knows.")

He doesn't admit knowledge of neo. He admits to knowing that there is a townie that should be protected.

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: September 25, 2012, 12:50:05 pm »

You're right, he doesn't say that he knows "neo" exists; but I was referring simply to the above-average-powerful towny that he talks about.
Actually, I do know that there is an above average powerful town player in this game (don't know who though), and that it will very much be in the Towns interest to protect them. So "Neo is the one." Fits that well. My point is, we should tread carefully, and pay very close attention to the flavor - even now.

Watno

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: September 25, 2012, 12:57:51 pm »

I read his posts, thank you. However, the things you pointed out are talking about fluff

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #240 on: September 25, 2012, 01:09:02 pm »

Yeah that whispering business is weird. If it's a soft claim, will pushing it help is? (If shraeye is town, he isn't going to reveal his role (probably) and we'll just force a townie to lie.) I (once again..) missed it the first time around, thought it was just a weird choice of words or an idiom or something. Idk, for the record this doesn't read towny to me like Robz's weird business, but to be fair shraeye always seems suspicious and weird to me.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: September 25, 2012, 01:17:13 pm »

I read his posts, thank you. However, the things you pointed out are talking about fluff

I think you should look up the definition of fluff as it relates to Mafia. Otherwise you're just talking out of your ass here.
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: September 25, 2012, 01:32:00 pm »

Ok wanted to find out whos lurking so I can vote them, so here is a post count for those who care (I added one to my count to account for this post)

Ins/Confirms/When discussion is left out

Archetype - 5
Ashersky - 4
Captain_Frisk - 4

cayvie - 6
DSell - 2
Eevee - 11
ftl - 9
Galzria - 16
Insomniac - 13
Jorbles - 10
Jotheonah - 11
Robz - 10
Shraeye - 16
Voltaire - 0
Watno - 3

VOTE: VOLTAIRE

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: September 25, 2012, 01:33:49 pm »

Vote: Voltaire

Lynch all lurkers.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

Watno

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: September 25, 2012, 01:34:31 pm »

To me, fluff = flavor. Feel free to tell me otherwise, wiki.mafiascum doesn't say anything.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: September 25, 2012, 01:35:50 pm »

Voltaire said elsewhere "I haven't even had time to start reading RMM3 yet". I guess he wasn't lying.

I'll be different and Vote: Dsell, having two posts is scummier than having 0 posts imo.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: September 25, 2012, 01:36:15 pm »

Vote: Voltaire

Lynch all lurkers.

Seriously? 0 posts from him? I'll absolutely Vote: Voltaire. However I still think Robz should be hung by his toes for two weeks in the dungeon (without food of course) for the use of illegal curses.
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: September 25, 2012, 01:36:47 pm »

Also passing thought! eHal made this game, eHal always suggests no lynch in Role madness games to give the powers a night to work...does that make it a thing here...

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: September 25, 2012, 01:38:25 pm »

Also passing thought! eHal made this game, eHal always suggests no lynch in Role madness games to give the powers a night to work...does that make it a thing here...
Your buddy got up to too many votes I take it?

@Galzria
At least Robz has a motivation to hunt for the dementors before they come and take him to Azkaban.

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: September 25, 2012, 01:43:14 pm »

Your buddy got up to too many votes I take it?

@Galzria
At least Robz has a motivation to hunt for the dementors before they come and take him to Azkaban.

Yea I mean Voltaire hit 3 like nothing! and rather than unvote I thought I'd suggest some no lynch  ::)
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 106  All

Page created in 0.589 seconds with 16 queries.