Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 106  All

Author Topic: RMM3: Read The Freaking Flavour (Game Over, Evil Wins!)  (Read 233786 times)

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
Re: RMM3: Read The Freaking Flavour (Day 3, PM for interactive Spectator QT)
« Reply #1400 on: October 18, 2012, 01:39:55 pm »

Joth didn't have to disclose his flavor of ice cream to his buddies - didn't someone say they all voluntarily disclosed?  He could have told them he was pistachio.

Personally - I'm still feeling that DSell is more likely.
Yeah, that would have been believable. There is a vanilla ice cream killer running amok, but no chocolate ice cream and strawberry ice cream never thought of suspecting the guy who claimed pistachio!

And the point even stands, at the very least eHalcyon would have given him a heads up and told him to lie.

Dsell is more likely what?

Watno

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Watno
    • View Profile
« Reply #1401 on: October 18, 2012, 01:44:48 pm »

As people have noticed, there was another mistake in my last post. I should really stop posting in the middle of the night after breaking my head over complex analysis exercises for hours. (Or rather do those exercises earlier). fixed version below:
I targeted ashersky because he told Eevee not to target him, because it's possible Eevee actually wanted to target the mailman despite saying he wouldn't. I think ashersky ftl looked towny for revealing that he targeted Insomniac without any need to so. Also, Galz said that he had figured out his role and thought it wasn't a scum role. Plus he wasn't on the last wagon. So I thought he might be a target for a kill.

There was no extra kill the first night (if Frisk is vig and didn't fire). There was one last night (or Galz suicided). Jorbles blocked Dsell the first night. Dsell only confirmed that he was blocked when it was clear he couldn't get out of it. So Dsell is the top scumread for me.

This is ridiculous because it is modconfirmed to the whole thread that an error was made and that I was not made aware of the strawberry ice cream until mid day.

But had you tried to kill someone and they stayed alive, that you would have known.
This does't make sense. It says that your theory is possible, but in no way makes it the only option that might be true.

[...]
I can confirm that Joth is wrong, and his insistence on this is pushing a new level of scumminess.
But in one of your next posts you say either cayvie or joth are lying. Was this one just a joke?

he didn't say ehalc clarified it in the qt.

he said he had mod-confirmed information that jorbles didn't shoot, information he had referred to previously: the number of scoops left.

i think you're twisting what he said pretty hard.

Jorbles didn't "shoot"?  Heck of a scum slip there.  Vote: Cayvie for that and for hardcore buddying with Joth.
How is that a scumslip? Jorbles flipped town, so he can't be cayvie's scumbuddy.

ashersky, I have been forward with every piece of pro-town information I have every step of the way, with the exception of my own role, even though that forwardnes has brought me nothing but grief and suspicion, and eHalc seems to be trolling me with every piece of seemingly useful information I receive.
Now this what I think might be a scumslip. If your role is pro-town information, why don't you share it? It sounds a bit like you being scum saying "I pretend being town so hard, and people still don't believe me :("

After reading Lekkit's last posts again, I find it strange that he first accuses Eeve of not letting him know where he stands on the players alive, then he accuses him of suspecting everyone and falsely claims Eevee had voted nearly everyone. However I think giving wrong information in that way isn't really scummy, because it can easily be falsified. Still a bit suspicious because of the contradiction.

I don't think joth acciddentaly killing without being aware it has his flavour isn't as improbable as Eevee makes it sounds. In a game with a focus on flavor, if mafia gets to choose who does the kill, i don't think it would be bastardly if it had their flavour. I rather think it would be bastardly if the title of the game says we should care about flavour and it's possible to misslead us using flavor this much.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1402 on: October 18, 2012, 01:56:20 pm »

You're seriously asking why I haven't role-claimed?
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #1403 on: October 18, 2012, 02:35:43 pm »

Ok, I'm gonna semi-reveal now. I'm very curious about what Ashersky and Shraeye have to say too.

Please bear with me here and trust that I am revealing as much pro-town info as I can without being anti-town.

I know that Jo has lied in this game. I do not believe that I should say what he's lied about or how I know it. But he HAS lied.

Everything surrounding jo is very odd though. The flavor makes it seem too obvious, and it means that he's been gambitting somewhat at least since day 2. It also means that if he is mafia, he cannibalized his own neighborhood, which simultaneously makes sense (he has more shots) and doesn't (because Jorbles was suspected). Basically, everything that everyone has pointed out about how it doesn't make sense for Jo to be mafia seems true...and yet I know that he's lied.

There's also the fact that he was in a neighborhood, and when have you ever seen a non-mason neighborhood where all the people were town? It's easy to get lost in all the details of the role madness and forget simple things like that.

I didn't reveal this information earlier because of some strange quirks that don't mitigate the fact that he was lying but make me curious about the setup in general, and his role specifically. But the bottom line is that he lied. So I'm absolutely going to Vote: Jotheonah and urge others to do the same without pressing me for more information.

As far as other game happenings go, I am a bit lost. The whole eevee-Lekkit thing makes eevee look a little bad, I think, but Lekkit has been lurking. I got nothing on FTL this game, I'd almost forgot he was playing again. Frankly, I really miss Galz being here and posting analyses that would contain relevant info about the game and strong reads. I also wish we knew what the heck his role did and whether or not it really killed him, because that would be super nice for clearing me personally! XD

Btw, Jo should be able to understand why I KNOW this to be true, but I hope he realizes how very anti-town of him it would be to reveal how I know. So if you decide to out me, jo, I am going to take that as admitting your mafia-ness.
"Quiet you, you'll lynch Dsell when I'm good and ready" - Insomniac

Winner of Forum Survivor Season 2!

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1404 on: October 18, 2012, 02:39:38 pm »

That's a very nice catch-22 you've set up there DSell.

Joth has seemed kindof strange today - so I'll join.

Vote: Joth
I support funsockets.... taking as much time as they need to get it right.

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #1405 on: October 18, 2012, 02:40:47 pm »

I'm really not being very fair to jo, I realize! But he's a liar so it's ok. Trust me that this is the pro-town thing to do.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1406 on: October 18, 2012, 02:42:38 pm »

Very interesting info on jot, need to hear his rebuttal before making my mind though. At the moment I'm thinking "Joth wouldn't lie as town, and Dsell has no reason to lie", but the reasons I earlier listed that make me think Joth is town are obviously contradicting all this.

Dsell, mind expanding why my exchange with Lekkit makes melook bad? I'm quite surprised, because I think his accusations were totally baseless and made no sense whatsoever.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1407 on: October 18, 2012, 02:44:37 pm »

I'm really not being very fair to jo, I realize! But he's a liar so it's ok. Trust me that this is the pro-town thing to do.
So no chance you're mistaken, and the thing you know joth lied about isn't one he could possibly lie about as town?
Saying things like "trust me it's the pro-town thing to do" makes me really believe Dsell though.. He has nothing to gain from lying here, he'd just be tomorrow's lynch if joth flipped town..

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1408 on: October 18, 2012, 02:46:42 pm »

I have no idea what Dsell is talking about. Whatever he thinks I know about what he knows, I don't.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #1409 on: October 18, 2012, 02:46:59 pm »

Yesterday I agreed with Galz that either Joth or Jorbles is probably scum, and thought it was more likely to be Jorbles. Now that Jorb is dead, I don't know.

Yesterday I agreed with Galz that Joth or Jorbles is probably scum. But only if Jorbles was scum.

What makes you think that jo is framed rather than pulling a stunt on us?
Can someone else give their opinion, are Lekkit's accusations making ANY sense? I don't know why he's locked in on me like this.. extra-mega OMGUS for suspecting him first?
[/quote]

I thought that Lekkit's point here was really strong but then you totally derided it as crazy and 100% false. It's a great point and an inconsistency on your part. I know you've listed all these other things that make Jo look townie, and I agree to an extent, but your best response to Lekkit's point here was that you "didn't think of this until today."

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1410 on: October 18, 2012, 02:47:24 pm »

he'd just be tomorrow's lynch if joth flipped town..

I do hope someone will hold you to that.

He/him

shraeye

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: shraeye
  • More Graph Theory please
    • View Profile
« Reply #1411 on: October 18, 2012, 02:48:48 pm »

Eevee: First you say you don't hedge, then you vote for me while saying that a vote could easily be changed, and therefore it's encouraged. To me, that is hedging at it's peak. You've been suspecting pretty much everyone at some point, and I think you've voted for most of the players. Maybe I've got the hedging term wrong, and what I really mean is that you can't really make up your mind.

Also, this struck me as REALLY weird.
Yesterday I agreed with Galz that either Joth or Jorbles is probably scum, and thought it was more likely to be Jorbles. Now that Jorb is dead, I don't know.

Yesterday I agreed with Galz that Joth or Jorbles is probably scum. But only if Jorbles was scum.

What makes you think that jo is framed rather than pulling a stunt on us?
I agree with Eevee here, this case makes very little sense.  Joth has pointed out that Eevee is actiing weirdly, so I'm suspicious of Eevee, but even with that suspicion already in place, this just looks like a terrible argument/case on Eevee.

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #1412 on: October 18, 2012, 02:48:59 pm »

Oops, I screwed up the quotes, my bad.

I am surprised that Jo doesn't seem to know what I'm talking about, but the fact that he wants you guys to lynch me tomorrow seems telling...

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1413 on: October 18, 2012, 02:49:10 pm »

So no chance you're mistaken, and the thing you know joth lied about isn't one he could possibly lie about as town?
Saying things like "trust me it's the pro-town thing to do" makes me really believe Dsell though.. He has nothing to gain from lying here, he'd just be tomorrow's lynch if joth flipped town..

That's my feeling as well (and hence the vote).  Obviously I'm interested in Joth's story, because of my DSell == Roleblocked Killer theory, but he didn't have nearly enough pressure to start claiming anything.  If he's wrong - I can of course strangle his ass overnight if we agree that makes sense, or we can seriously talk about stringing him up tomorrow.

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1414 on: October 18, 2012, 02:49:42 pm »

So Joth - you are denying the accusation?

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1415 on: October 18, 2012, 02:51:10 pm »

that I've lied? Yes, I am denying that. That I'm scum? Yes, I'm denying that. That I know what the hell Dsell is talking about? Yep, I'm denying that too.

He/him

Lekkit

• 2011 Swedish Champion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Lekkit
    • View Profile
« Reply #1416 on: October 18, 2012, 02:51:49 pm »

@Eevee: I went back and checked on your voting, and you're right. I did get that wrong. However, since day 1, you've come off as really indecisive to me, which I even commented on.

Another thing I've noticed about you this game is that if someone says something against you go on a full assault. It may be the tone I'm misenterprating, but you come off as really aggressive. I could be the only one who sees it this way, and if that's the case I'm sorry. It could also be none of us being native English speakers. But still, I feel like a female boar with small boar children in danger is less aggressive than you are. (A slight exaggeragation and meant as a joke, btw).

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1417 on: October 18, 2012, 02:52:40 pm »

The ice cream neighborhood was a neighborhood of town PRs. Two of those PRs are gone and beyond the town's usefulness. There is one left. Please don't lynch it.

He/him

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #1418 on: October 18, 2012, 02:54:10 pm »

Well I did not expect this to be so one way!

Maybe Jo honestly doesn't realize what I'm referring to but the fact he's denying that he knows what I'm talking about makes me even more suspicious, like he's just gonna deny everything now. Oh well. I reckon he's mafia at this point.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1419 on: October 18, 2012, 02:55:45 pm »

You guys really find "he's scum but I can't tell you why" a compelling case? If so, then God help this town. Give me an accusation, Dsell, and I'll defend against it. Against that vague nonsense, what am I supposed to do?

He/him

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1420 on: October 18, 2012, 02:56:55 pm »

I'm wracking my brain trying to think of a mistake I could have made in things I've reported. Dsell, maybe if you made a list of claims I've made, including the one you consider to be a lie, I could work out which one you're confused about.

He/him

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1421 on: October 18, 2012, 02:57:29 pm »

You guys really find "he's scum but I can't tell you why" a compelling case? If so, then God help this town. Give me an accusation, Dsell, and I'll defend against it. Against that vague nonsense, what am I supposed to do?

It's not so much that its super compelling, but that DSell is obvScum if you're town. 

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #1422 on: October 18, 2012, 02:57:45 pm »

The accusation is that you've lied. You know you've lied. I also know that there's something different about you than the other ice cream neighborhood people.

And revealing more is bad for the town.

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #1423 on: October 18, 2012, 02:58:23 pm »

Also, I KNOW my information is not faulty.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1424 on: October 18, 2012, 02:58:30 pm »

I'm still alive? I have a different power and a different flavor?

He/him
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 106  All

Page created in 0.101 seconds with 16 queries.