Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26  All

Author Topic: ZM2: Mafia in Space! - TOWN WINS (first f.ds D1 scum lynch)  (Read 65147 times)

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
Re: ZM2: Mafia in Space! - TOWN WINS (first f.ds D1 scum lynch)
« Reply #575 on: September 19, 2012, 03:16:29 pm »

I'm probably going to be bitter about that adrenaline-lynch y'all put on me for a bit.  It was 4 townies.  I can see wanting to lynch me based on shown scumminess, that's a natural reaction.  But give me a moment to explain myself, I wasn't given that.  I'm also wondering if Insom even read my defense before hammering.  Basically I thought I had proven that only an insane shraeye would have not killed insom.  Endgamed is always worse than catching suspicion, right?

I didn't I force pushed my vote through. I didn't think you were scum but I didnt think people were gonna go to Eevee who was my number 1 suspect, and I was excited to have an early town victory.

I figured.  That's the exact attitude that really frustrated me; I'm sure I'll get over it soon.  I know that it was exciting to get town win, and I really wanted to share in that.  But a flawless victory would have been sooooo sweet.  Hammering someone you don't suspect is always a poopy play.

But there is NO way we would have come to Robz day 2, I was treating him as conf town.
"It is one of [Insomniacs] badges of pride that he will bus anyone, at any time, and he has done it over and over on day 1. I am completely serious, it is like the biggest part of his meta." - Dsell

shraeye

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: shraeye
  • More Graph Theory please
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: September 19, 2012, 03:20:07 pm »

I wasn't treating him as conf-town.  I had seen this possibility, so had Robz in the back of my head.  We may have falsely ended up on Eevee, but "Robz lynch impossible" is still a crappy excuse for "so I lynched someone I didn't think was scummy".

Scum-Robz couldn't really switch off Frisk last minute without catching enough heat to warrent an investigation by our cops.

So I still really don't get why Robz didn't switch lynch, but I will say that the reason asher died last night and not me is because Robz has a long standing agreement to never NK me as scum.

Here's why.  He switches for the "hammer" and both cops will investigate him.  He shows scum so we lynch him.  then realize that he jumped off of Frisk last minute and frisk dies the next day.

Robz's only chance was to kill Insom in the night.  May have worked pretty good too, as suspicion would have inevitably fell on me haaaard.  So only 2 conf-town and one more basically guaranteed mislynch.  Then Robz's chances weren't so bad.

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: September 19, 2012, 03:21:37 pm »

but it could just as easily have been Frisk was town, and as cop I woulda served that wine to EVERYONE after Robz flipped scum.
"It is one of [Insomniacs] badges of pride that he will bus anyone, at any time, and he has done it over and over on day 1. I am completely serious, it is like the biggest part of his meta." - Dsell

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: September 19, 2012, 03:23:15 pm »

Nah I think I would have convinced people to vote for Robz over me, not sure how Ins could see me as scum after my day2 play!? Don't know if I could have been convinced to go after Robz though, him not killing Ins is so very weird..

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: September 19, 2012, 03:24:14 pm »

But I would like to divert that discussion to plurality.

How do people feel about it if ZM is balanced like a normal game (ZM1) I don't think plurality killed scum here I think lynching scum day 1 to know which cops were good and bad was huge and that having 2 good cops was too much.

To Galz: GO SIGN UP FOR ZM3 ALREADY, You know you want to stop being butt hurt about lurking, besides maybe you can push a lurker lynch in ZM3 if there are any (doubt it)

To Frisk: You must think I'm the meanest mafia player lol, apparently Im a jerk in 8 and a jerk here.

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: September 19, 2012, 03:26:24 pm »

One idea to divert ties that could work is that. IF there is a tie at deadline, the day goes into overtime. Votes are cleared.

Everyone pm's the mod one of the names in the tie to vote for that person, the person with the most votes this way is lynched. In the result of that being in a tie (because something caused an even number of players in the game) no lynch occurs.

The results of the vote are made public after, but are kept quiet before hand so that people don't go well the first 3 here voted for x so I should too.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: September 19, 2012, 03:39:29 pm »

One idea to divert ties that could work is that. IF there is a tie at deadline, the day goes into overtime. Votes are cleared.

Everyone pm's the mod one of the names in the tie to vote for that person, the person with the most votes this way is lynched. In the result of that being in a tie (because something caused an even number of players in the game) no lynch occurs.

The results of the vote are made public after, but are kept quiet before hand so that people don't go well the first 3 here voted for x so I should too.

That's not a bad idea.
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

SwitchedFromStarcraft

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
Re: ZM2: Mafia in Space! - Day 3 - PM for Spec QT
« Reply #582 on: September 19, 2012, 03:57:07 pm »

it's a rough set up for scum with so many cops running around. Super bad luck that random hit you, Frisk. I'm really not sure whether I will continue to advocate for random lynch in the future, but if I do I'll point to this game and it'll be super obnoxious.

Good game, guys.
You wont have to in the next one, if you don't want to, 'cause I'm gonna.
Quote from: Donald X.
Posting begets posting.

Quote from: Asper
Donald X made me a design snob.

There is a sucker born every minute.

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: September 19, 2012, 03:58:24 pm »

Galz you still haven't inned for ZM3...not impressed.

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: September 19, 2012, 04:00:54 pm »

Hi guys!

Well, that sucked. No, I didn't manipulate the outcome of random. It came out Frisk. I made the decision then to push the random lynch, get Frisk killed, and assumed no one would ever suspect me again. Why not try it out?

Unfortunately, there were just too many cops in this setup, I think. Perhaps even without the lynch of Frisk Day 1.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
Re: ZM2: Mafia in Space! - Day 3 - PM for Spec QT
« Reply #585 on: September 19, 2012, 04:02:41 pm »

it's a rough set up for scum with so many cops running around. Super bad luck that random hit you, Frisk. I'm really not sure whether I will continue to advocate for random lynch in the future, but if I do I'll point to this game and it'll be super obnoxious.

Good game, guys.
You wont have to in the next one, if you don't want to, 'cause I'm gonna.

Soooo your gonna join ZM3!?

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: September 19, 2012, 04:03:52 pm »

Hi guys!

Well, that sucked. No, I didn't manipulate the outcome of random. It came out Frisk. I made the decision then to push the random lynch, get Frisk killed, and assumed no one would ever suspect me again. Why not try it out?

Unfortunately, there were just too many cops in this setup, I think. Perhaps even without the lynch of Frisk Day 1.

I think that 2 cops is too many even 1 can be too many. Frisk flipping day 1 just cursed you. I will say you were super low on my suspicion list because I really did suspect that you would have switched it to jo as scum.

SwitchedFromStarcraft

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: September 19, 2012, 04:04:41 pm »

I'm probably going to be bitter about that adrenaline-lynch y'all put on me for a bit.  It was 4 townies.  I can see wanting to lynch me based on shown scumminess, that's a natural reaction.  But give me a moment to explain myself, I wasn't given that.  I'm also wondering if Insom even read my defense before hammering.  Basically I thought I had proven that only an insane shraeye would have not killed insom.  Endgamed is always worse than catching suspicion, right?

I didn't I force pushed my vote through. I didn't think you were scum but I didnt think people were gonna go to Eevee who was my number 1 suspect, and I was excited to have an early town victory.
Did you read my posts late, to Jo?  If Insom hadn't hammered you, I was (post was actually typed AND sent), and I read your defense.  It would not have stopped me, and I would have been just as wrong as Insom.  But I'm always wrong.

I figured.  That's the exact attitude that really frustrated me; I'm sure I'll get over it soon.  I know that it was exciting to get town win, and I really wanted to share in that.  But a flawless victory would have been sooooo sweet.  Hammering someone you don't suspect is always a poopy play.
Posting begets posting.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: September 19, 2012, 04:07:10 pm »

Hi guys!

I think that 2 cops is too many even 1 can be too many. Frisk flipping day 1 just cursed you. I will say you were super low on my suspicion list because I really did suspect that you would have switched it to jo as scum.

That was really the plan. Busing Frisk worked in MVIII, after all! But here it turned out to be really bad, because of the Cops. I actually offed one of them on a mostly purely random guess, of course I think that was the worst one to kill--quite possibly it would have been better to kill a Passenger instead of the Cop who could cause beneficial confusion.

SwitchedFromStarcraft

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: September 19, 2012, 04:08:50 pm »

LOL, for the third time.  Will repost.
Posting begets posting.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: September 19, 2012, 04:08:58 pm »

Yeah, turns out the setup was unbalanced, and the game turned out to take the exact route to make the big problem huge.

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: September 19, 2012, 04:10:04 pm »

Hi guys!

That was really the plan. Busing Frisk worked in MVIII, after all! But here it turned out to be really bad, because of the Cops. I actually offed one of them on a mostly purely random guess, of course I think that was the worst one to kill--quite possibly it would have been better to kill a Passenger instead of the Cop who could cause beneficial confusion.

Well you obviously didn't note my huge massive crumbs, or didn't kill me because you've promised to never NK me as scum :P. But the crack cop knew he was useless after you flipped frisk so there was no confusion to be had.

SwitchedFromStarcraft

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: September 19, 2012, 04:10:24 pm »

Shraeye: Did you read my posts late, to Jo?  If Insom hadn't hammered you, I was (post was actually typed AND sent), and I read your defense.  It would not have stopped me, and I would have been just as wrong as Insom.  But I'm always wrong.
Posting begets posting.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: September 19, 2012, 04:11:49 pm »

@Insom, man yeah those crumbs were risky business. They worked out really well for us this time, but idk.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: September 19, 2012, 04:14:30 pm »

@Insom, man yeah those crumbs were risky business. They worked out really well for us this time, but idk.

I know some people aren't as good at finding crumbs and this was my first normalish game (barring ongoing games) as a town power role. So I wanted to breadcrumb it hard.

And I mean Eevee and Robz at least didn't notice it, I don't think Frisk did either. I only saw Shaereye and you say you caught it actually so it's good to see who catches crumbs and who doesn't.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: September 19, 2012, 04:16:34 pm »

Hi guys!

Well you obviously didn't note my huge massive crumbs, or didn't kill me because you've promised to never NK me as scum :P. But the crack cop knew he was useless after you flipped frisk so there was no confusion to be had.

Oh I noticed it, but it was so stupidly, egregiously obvious that I didn't believe it. I thought you were trying to lure me into killing you rather than the real Android. I've learned my lesson. When Insomniac breadcrumbs, he really means it!

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: September 19, 2012, 04:16:56 pm »

I know some people aren't as good at finding crumbs and this was my first normalish game (barring ongoing games) as a town power role. So I wanted to breadcrumb it hard.

And I mean Eevee and Robz at least didn't notice it, I don't think Frisk did either. I only saw Shaereye and you say you caught it actually so it's good to see who catches crumbs and who doesn't.
I remember reading the "I have no feelings" crumb and thinking "man does Insomniac tell WEIRD jokes", so clearly I'm not the brightest when it comes to these things..

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #597 on: September 19, 2012, 04:17:36 pm »

Hi guys!

Oh I noticed it, but it was so stupidly, egregiously obvious that I didn't believe it. I thought you were trying to lure me into killing you rather than the real Android. I've learned my lesson. When Insomniac breadcrumbs, he really means it!

Well In this game I saw the danger of crumbing it, but there was the WIFOM for mafia of that, and also if I died it wasn't a huge disaster because we would have still had 1 real cop and an IC

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: September 19, 2012, 04:20:15 pm »

Hi guys!

Well In this game I saw the danger of crumbing it, but there was the WIFOM for mafia of that, and also if I died it wasn't a huge disaster because we would have still had 1 real cop and an IC

Well, I have to hand it to you, you did successfully WIFOM me there.

SwitchedFromStarcraft

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: September 19, 2012, 04:24:40 pm »

On the subject of tie votes at deadlines:

I PM'ed Voltaire during the thread lock end of D1, because I was surprised Frisk died.  I was working under the "all time high number of votes" interpretation of the tie-breaking rule, rather than the "snapshot" version.  His post in-thread differentiating those two notions only made me aware that there were two ways to look at it, but did not allow me to trace it for myself. I want to be clear that I'm completely comfortable with the ruling, AND Voltaire's explanation to me, AND the consummate grace with which he handled my inquiry.  I am particularly impressed that he was wise enough not to change anything midstream.  As we say in poker, the floorman's decision is final.

I would like to suggest that, if we keep the mechanism that currently in place (and there is already discussion that we may not), the specifics of the mechanism should be codified in a clear and unambiguous way, so that all players are on a level playing field regarding exactly what triggers the taking of the "snapshot" that is applicable in breaking ties. 
Posting begets posting.

Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26  All

Page created in 0.105 seconds with 15 queries.