Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 164  All

Author Topic: Mafia XI: Find Yourself in the Courtyard Masquerade -- GAME OVER, TOWN WINS  (Read 318826 times)

ehunt

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: ehunt
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia XI: Find Yourself in the Courtyard Masquerade -- DAY 1, PM MOD FOR SPEC QT
« Reply #1225 on: September 24, 2012, 05:35:52 pm »

he's quite different from town-ehunt in my MVI aswell, which was still quite large.

Ehunt is usually active and has a calm cool head (except when he's drunk or about to be lynched), and consistent meta. This game breaks all of that.

(Warning to new folks - next paragraph = argument about old games):

I want to point out that O made the exact same argument in MIX to get me lynched (he was power-role scum and I was town doctor in that game, although two caveats - a. I think in that other game he genuinely believed I was scum (there were two scumteams in that game so it made sense for scum to scumhunt) and b. I think in this game, despite this analogy, that O is probably town*).
I really really really really really, *gasp*, really really really really don't see the point of this.  "Look O did this thing as scum before! But I think he did it because he thought I was otherscum.  And I think he's town now... and..."

Vote: eHunt

You be not making much sense bro.
(other votes shraeye and whoever's pushing eHalc)
(what I mean is eHunt is hedging royally)

there's no hedge. I think O is town. However, I want to quote an argument from MIX where he was scum in order to explain why his logic on me is wrong. In quoting that I'm aware that some people are going to just skim me and think I am saying that "O is acting like he was acting in MIX" [and therefore is scum] and not just "O has the same wrong read on me that he had in MIX." Therefore I was careful to explain that this is not what I'm thinking and that I think O is town.

O

• Jester
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia XI: Find Yourself in the Courtyard Masquerade -- DAY 1, PM MOD FOR SPEC QT
« Reply #1226 on: September 24, 2012, 05:37:13 pm »

eh that argument's relatively convincing actually.

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
« Reply #1227 on: September 24, 2012, 05:37:19 pm »

I think I'm at

Primary: Axxle
Secondary/Tertiary: Grujah/Glooble
18:28 MEASURE YOUR LIFE IN LOVE: you shouldve done the decent thing and resign rather than go on being that lucky all the time

she/her

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #1228 on: September 24, 2012, 05:37:42 pm »

I will post votes. But first, part II of my list!

13. Cayvie - nothing from this game gives me a particularly strong read. I don't think her vote/unvote on O or her softclaim look particularly scummy though.
14. Shraeye - I am now getting a townread from shraeye. He's not afraid to get his opinions out there, he's not trying to hide at all. Not a sure thing or anything, but I think him a poor day one lynch.
15. Cuzz - lurking a bit, but that's normal for him as far as I can tell. I could easily see him being scum.
16. Yuma - did he come up with this soft deadline idea? That's a helpful kind of thinking. I'd just as soon keep him around.
17. igbtennis - bad vibes. reminds me way too much of scum me. says a lot of little things so he looks like he's paying attention, but no in depth analysis. he is new, and busy, but he could also easily be scum.
18. TheMunch - his exchange with Watno made both of them look kinda bad, but him worse I think. He does a lot of talking about his reasons for voting in the abstract, as if he's afraid to restate them in case he makes an inconsistency. Slight scum vibe.
19. Morgrim7 - Morgrim7. Playing kind of sane this game, but also lurky. Who the heck knows with this guy.
20. EHalcyon - I don't agree with Volt's case at all, but he is being a mite defensive about it. I don't want to lynch him though.
21. Watno - I'd like to know why you were grilling TheMunch so hard. As scummy as he looks, you look a bit fishy coming out of that exchange to, and his accusations toward you have some merit.
22. Galzria - I can never read Galz accurately. Must run in the family.
23. Captain_Frisk -  Lurking, and lots of IIoA (post counts relative to average? really?) looks scummy, his lynching idea seemed ill-thought out. His contributions to the town lynch plan work in his favor, but I still think he's likely scum.
24. ehunt - not much of a read, despite how active he's been. I don't see O's point. I don't want to lynch him D1.
25. ashersky - lurky and unmemorable. I'd lynch him if consensus were leaning that way, but I don't think it is.

That being said, my top candidate is still Grujah.

2nd vote - Captain_Frisk
3rd vote - Insomniac
4th vote - TheMunch (just in case.)

I think town!Glooble pointing to something as a scum tell and then shortly thereafter doing that thing is a lot more likely than scum!Glooble doing that.

He/ Him

Check out my podcast: www.stppodcast.com

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #1229 on: September 24, 2012, 05:40:04 pm »

eHunt reads town, not scum.
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #1230 on: September 24, 2012, 05:42:48 pm »

Jo, I totally missed your question.

I think town!Glooble pointing to something as a scum tell and then shortly thereafter doing that thing is a lot more likely than scum!Glooble doing that.

He/ Him

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #1231 on: September 24, 2012, 05:43:40 pm »

ANNOUNCEMENT: Here is a link to shraeye's document, which is now owned by me. No one else can edit it, but you can view it by clicking this link: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1DrN7gYtmQtlLGusNEpMM6Q3GygOVAirSdLBKb3co0lI/edit
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1232 on: September 24, 2012, 05:44:35 pm »

I think I'm at

Reasons for Axxle?  You gave reasons for Grujah and Glooble earlier (weird parallels).

shraeye

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: shraeye
  • More Graph Theory please
    • View Profile
« Reply #1233 on: September 24, 2012, 05:44:47 pm »

@Robz

Many thanks.

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #1234 on: September 24, 2012, 05:46:27 pm »

Jo, I have a town PM this game. I can't talk about other ongoing games, but it's pretty obvious I think that I'm resistance.

He/ Him

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
« Reply #1235 on: September 24, 2012, 05:54:15 pm »

I think I'm at

Reasons for Axxle?  You gave reasons for Grujah and Glooble earlier (weird parallels).

earlier i voted him for lurking. since then he hasn't really done anything to make him look better to me, and this case on ehunt seems totes fabricated.
18:28 MEASURE YOUR LIFE IN LOVE: you shouldve done the decent thing and resign rather than go on being that lucky all the time

she/her

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1236 on: September 24, 2012, 06:03:16 pm »

Just updating my list, trying to get this started. Reasons for 1 and 2 provided earlier, for lack of a better option 3 Frisk is back on the list but at the lowest spot.

Vote: jotheonah
2nd vote: Watno
3rd vote: Captain_Frisk

For ease of reading, can you give those reasons again, or at least link them?

Vote: ehunt
2nd vote - Watno
3rd vote - eHalcyon

P.S. I suggest this format so we don't accidentally vote with our secondary and tertiary votes.

Reasons?

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1237 on: September 24, 2012, 06:03:32 pm »

Same to anyone else who gave picks without reasoning.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #1238 on: September 24, 2012, 06:11:54 pm »

Vote: Insom

Agree I haven't been memorable to date, but I have been following as well as I can.  I haven't had much too comment, but I am good with a soft deadline/plurality vote if we don't let it get manipulated into lynching with a weak minority of votes.

On Insom, the way he's been pushing on both eHs seems kind of scummy to me; neither eHs strike me as particularly scummy, but more just easy targets.  Insom on the other hand has had no pressure on him at all, for some reason.

Secondary and tertiary votes go to Glooble/Grujah, for oft-quoted reasons.

I get town reads from Shraeye, Yuma, and axxle.  The Shraeye wagon seems scummy, and am looking at ftl there.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1239 on: September 24, 2012, 06:16:00 pm »

Vote: Insom

Agree I haven't been memorable to date, but I have been following as well as I can.  I haven't had much too comment, but I am good with a soft deadline/plurality vote if we don't let it get manipulated into lynching with a weak minority of votes.

On Insom, the way he's been pushing on both eHs seems kind of scummy to me; neither eHs strike me as particularly scummy, but more just easy targets.  Insom on the other hand has had no pressure on him at all, for some reason.

Secondary and tertiary votes go to Glooble/Grujah, for oft-quoted reasons.

I get town reads from Shraeye, Yuma, and axxle.  The Shraeye wagon seems scummy, and am looking at ftl there.

Your read is wrong, but I respect it.
"It is one of [Insomniacs] badges of pride that he will bus anyone, at any time, and he has done it over and over on day 1. I am completely serious, it is like the biggest part of his meta." - Dsell

sparky5856

• Bishop
    • View Profile
« Reply #1240 on: September 24, 2012, 06:17:32 pm »

NOTE: Voltgloss has been replaced by sparky5856. The introductory information post will be updated to reflect this. Please remember that some roles and alignments may or may not have been modeled on specific player's characteristics, metas, or forum histories and as such, keep in mind that sparky5856 was originally Voltgloss.

Hello everyone! I love talking, so I decided to join this lovely 50-page debacle we got going on here. And I have read very little of it thus far. Looks like I got an assignment tonight; read through 50 pages of arguing to see who has screwed up the most so far  ;D

TheMunch

• Swindler
    • View Profile
« Reply #1241 on: September 24, 2012, 06:57:24 pm »

Hey Guys, been a long time without any talking going on here.  Good to see it lively again.  I'll get on the multiple vote train:

Vote: watno (my vote is already there, I believe)
2nd vote: eHalcyon (I agree with the notion that ehal calling out volt for not actually having an argument feels scummy)
3rd vote: O

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1242 on: September 24, 2012, 07:00:51 pm »

@sparky
ANNOUNCEMENT: Here is a link to shraeye's document, which is now owned by me. No one else can edit it, but you can view it by clicking this link: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1DrN7gYtmQtlLGusNEpMM6Q3GygOVAirSdLBKb3co0lI/edit
You can read this slightly shorter summary if you want. 

Another question to everyone.  what is the lynch agreement we have right now?  I thought yuma said that we were going with a soft deadline of Wednesday at 11:59pm, using a plurality of votes.  Is there a minimum on that plurality (I suggested 8 earlier)? When did we decide that we'd give 1 more day (until Thur 11:59pm) for others to mimic softdeadline lynch or be suspected for holding us up.  That part is definitely new.  And the triple-vote system was used to see which players are viable candidates for lynches, so people offering up alternatives know if it's possible to succeed or not.  Now it seems like people are counting the triple vote all as votes worth 1 and adding up the grand total to see who is at plurality on Wednesday??? That is also definitely new.

I am for soft-deadline Wednesday with plurality lynch, then spend the next two days sorting any last-minute mess out.  I do not like using all votes of a triple vote to determine that plurality, nor do I like the deadline of Thursday to fall in line with the plurality decision that is reached.  This seemed to move quickly from a system designed to help to a system that was even more confusing, and slightly Draconian.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1243 on: September 24, 2012, 07:33:40 pm »

Yeah I don't understand the need for backup votes, that just seems like unnecessarily complicating the issue.

Here is how I hope things run down:

Everyone starts getting votes down now through Tuesday night.

I imagine at that point votes will be pretty spread out, from that point until our soft deadline (Wednesday, 11:59 pm) votes will likely drift toward larger wagons. Hopefully we reach either a lynch or a plurality.

From there we have 24 hours for town to lynch the plurality vote getter (especially need to see the votes from those who said they supported the plurality)

Friday--if we are still going, I for one--and I would encourage others to do this as well--will abandon my vote on whatever wagon I was then on and relentlessly push for a lynch for and vote for those who prevented a lynch from occurring (again with particular attention toward those who said they would be online with a plurality lynch, but for whatever reason did not participate in moving it forward).

My current vote is on Glooble. It will stay there for now.

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1244 on: September 24, 2012, 07:46:38 pm »

Yeah I don't understand the need for backup votes, that just seems like unnecessarily complicating the issue.

Here is how I hope things run down:

Everyone starts getting votes down now through Tuesday night.

I imagine at that point votes will be pretty spread out, from that point until our soft deadline (Wednesday, 11:59 pm) votes will likely drift toward larger wagons. Hopefully we reach either a lynch or a plurality.

From there we have 24 hours for town to lynch the plurality vote getter (especially need to see the votes from those who said they supported the plurality)

Friday--if we are still going, I for one--and I would encourage others to do this as well--will abandon my vote on whatever wagon I was then on and relentlessly push for a lynch for and vote for those who prevented a lynch from occurring (again with particular attention toward those who said they would be online with a plurality lynch, but for whatever reason did not participate in moving it forward).

My current vote is on Glooble. It will stay there for now.
That sounds reasonable, but I think there were some supporters of soft-deadlines with reservations.  Like people who said "if plurality lands on my strongest town read, I'm not going to vote for him," I can't recall who they are.

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1245 on: September 24, 2012, 07:48:10 pm »

I am ok with yuma's plan with one exception, if someone hasn't been on the forums in the 24 hour window then you don't pursue them relentlessly stuff comes up, let's be at least a little forgiving.
"It is one of [Insomniacs] badges of pride that he will bus anyone, at any time, and he has done it over and over on day 1. I am completely serious, it is like the biggest part of his meta." - Dsell

ehunt

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: ehunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #1246 on: September 24, 2012, 07:49:52 pm »

I'm still not comfortable with listing three people in order, I'll do it soon, but am posting my basic train of thought now so I'm not dropping a bombshell when I do vote: I am suspicious of Insomniac because of his super non-committing position on me from earlier today (today IRL) as well as his "well, voltgloss is a smart guy even if he didn't actually say a good case so there must be a good case somewhere" arg against ehalcyon. I am annoyed at Axxle for repeated bad arguments at me, but unlike the Insom-business, that isn't really a case in and of itself (but I'm going to review him). Other than that I think my whole wagon is town except Insomniac and possibly eevee, but I'm not likely to vote for eevee before either of those other two. In the Glooble-Grujah wars I sympathize with Glooble, which makes me want to vote for Grujah.  My view of basically everyone "new" is clouded and run-together and needs to be reviewed before I vote; in particular, I don't understand the Watno/Munch dispute at all. I am still suspicious of shraeye for his personality change from previous games, which I don't think has been addressed. I am a little suspicious of voltaire again but don't have a real case, I am unlikely to vote there. I am not suspicious of ehalc (see my previous post on this) but I'm willing to give voltgloss/sparky the benefit of the doubt on this instead of assuming voltgloss/sparky is scummy for pushing the case.

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1247 on: September 24, 2012, 07:53:21 pm »

I'm still not comfortable with listing three people in order, I'll do it soon, but am posting my basic train of thought now so I'm not dropping a bombshell when I do vote: I am suspicious of Insomniac because of his super non-committing position on me from earlier today (today IRL) as well as his "well, voltgloss is a smart guy even if he didn't actually say a good case so there must be a good case somewhere" arg against ehalcyon. I am annoyed at Axxle for repeated bad arguments at me, but unlike the Insom-business, that isn't really a case in and of itself (but I'm going to review him). Other than that I think my whole wagon is town except Insomniac and possibly eevee, but I'm not likely to vote for eevee before either of those other two. In the Glooble-Grujah wars I sympathize with Glooble, which makes me want to vote for Grujah.  My view of basically everyone "new" is clouded and run-together and needs to be reviewed before I vote; in particular, I don't understand the Watno/Munch dispute at all. I am still suspicious of shraeye for his personality change from previous games, which I don't think has been addressed. I am a little suspicious of voltaire again but don't have a real case, I am unlikely to vote there. I am not suspicious of ehalc (see my previous post on this) but I'm willing to give voltgloss/sparky the benefit of the doubt on this instead of assuming voltgloss/sparky is scummy for pushing the case.

...You need to stop pushing people that argue with you, you have this tendancy to believe anybody that puts any pressure on anyone or argues with you at all must be scum, and your always wrong.

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1248 on: September 24, 2012, 07:54:05 pm »

I'm going through the list of players and rereading those who have posted little.  I am also quickly skimming through players who have posted a lot.  And I'll count how many posts were made pre-game (that is, I will subtract posts made before the day 1 post on Sept 15, 10:57am MDT).

Note that I am not watching as new posts come in, so some of these counts might become outdated by the time they get posted.

ftl -- 6 posts pregame, 23 after that.  Near the start, seemed overly interested in catching the doublevoter.  His explanation was that he thought all doublevoters were scum.  Although his post count is low, the content of his posts is above average in this game.

Voltgloss -- 13 posts pregame, 25 after that.  There is some fluff, some content, but nothing that stands out in the slightest.  Most interesting posts were the ones at the end, where he announced a case on me and did not deliver (but that is probably more to do with real life things, so that's not something to read into).  I still don't like his yuma gambit, where he voted for yuma and then later unvoted and FOS'd the people who voted yuma (see post #550 and the posts that follow on that page).

Eevee -- 7/47 (this format should be clear, right?  the second number is posts after gamestart, not total posts).  This is enough posts that I don't want to actual re-read.  I get a town vibe from him though. 

Grujah -- 11/15.  He starts the meta discussion, of which I am not a fan.  Votes for cayvie based on misunderstanding of her claim.  Few posts, mostly content-less IMO.

Insomniac -- 11/39.  About a quarter of those 39 posts were made recently, in conversation about his vote picks.

Glooble -- 6/16.  A couple of bigger posts just giving thoughts on the players, but still mostly contentless. 3/45.  Null read.

jotheonah -- 11/90.  Too much to reread.

Young_Nick -- 9/13.  I know he was V/LA for a good portion of the early game, but if he started following when he got in he should have been able to contribute to conversations then.  Plus, he just complains about nobody giving him summaries.  Just go back and read, dude.  The ONLY post I see that has even a bit of content in it seems to be one where he muses about lynching Axxle due to his doublevote, on the basis of yuma's suggestion.  That's it.  I really don't like this -- he's had time to catch up, or even without that he could have contributed to current conversations.  Instead, he opted to continue lurking.  Or, to use the new catch phrase, "actilurking".

Voltaire -- 12/65.  I skimmed through and nothing stands out.  Meh.

Axxle -- 6/26.  Not much content, though I still have a slight town vibe from him.  I don't know.

O -- 1/33.  Posts are O-like in general.  I get town vibe from him.

cayvie -- 9/67.  Re-reading doesn't help much; I almost never get a scumvibe from cayvie.  I don't here either.  Her "can't be on townie wagon" is weird.  It's a neutral thing, but I don't know what to make of it.  Other than that... yeah, town vibe...

shraeye -- 3/56.  Seemed weirdly focused on O for a majority of the day.  I haven't looked at his document yet.  Other than that, neutral.

Cuzz -- 3/20.  Relatively content-less.

yuma -- 4/53.  Still neutral to me.

ibgtennis -- 1/9.  So, so content-less.

TheMunch -- 1/46.  Not going to re-read at this time.  Still feel he is a bit suspicious based on earlier exchange.

Morgrim7 -- 6/14.  Morgrim is Morgrim. :\

eHalcyon -- 9/84.  Not going to re-read myself.

Watno -- 1/32.  Mostly neutral.  I think his exchange with TheMunch after my own discussion with Munch looks overly aggressive.

Galzria -- 30/44.  Has posted a lot less than I thought.  I think his "I'm going to lurk" snarkiness (I kind of want to label it a tantrum) in the early game is a bit weird.  Generally neutral on him anyway.

Captain_Frisk -- 6/41.  Posts do seem relatively content-less.

ehunt -- 3/63.  When ehunt made his "I'm going to post once a day" post, I thought it was clear that it was once per real life day, not once per game day.  Rereading it now, it is obvious that it meant once per real life day.  So FOS: people who thought it was once per game day.

In general, ehunt reads town to me.  His "give me an item" thing was a little weird, but no weirder than cayvie's lynch thing.  O wanted people to reread ehunt... nothing looks particularly scummy to me, actually.

Hm, one statement that is a bit weird is #694 where he says you shouldn't confirm people as townies because of a cult, even if you are about to be lynched.  I mean, I can kind of seeing that making sense, but I think it would be better for people to divulge that info, and the rest of us just have to bear in mind that the info might not be good.  He makes the concession for when they are about to be lynched, in #697, but I think it makes sense either way.  Meh.

I'll also note that, from re-read, I think ehunt and Galzria seem to be buddying a little bit.  That's not worth any suspicion, but it's something to remember if one of them flips scum.

I'm not sure what you're seeing, O.

ashersky -- 1/19.  Not much content, but he is semi V/LA so I guess it's forgiveable.  The "restart RVS" comment was weird.

Summary

Suspicious of the following, for not really contributing at all:

ftl, Grujah, Glooble, Young_Nick, Cuzz, ibgtennis, Morgrim (but Morgrim is Morgrim), Captain_Frisk

Suspicious of the following, but these suspicions may be tainted by OMGUS:

TheMunch, Voltgloss, Insomniac

Robz, can you prod TheMunch please? In the time I took to write this, TheMunch came back.

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #1249 on: September 24, 2012, 07:54:27 pm »

K guys, looks like it might be time for me to be more active again as I finally feel like I have a good read.

I strongly encourage everyone to reread everything that Galzria has posted today. His content has been mostly taking a stance against lurkers and hopping on/starting a number of (I would call them) "easy" wagons. Most recently, eHalc for overreacting to Insom, but also Axxle, O, and ibgtennis for lurking.

Very early on, he has an interesting post in which he talks about how he's been long aware of how he acts as both scum and town, and that he can't escape that meta. However, he does not read as confident scum nor is he universally-suspected (town). In the same post, he's VERY hedgy, just crazy hedgy on 3 different people. He's said in the past that some level of hedging is a town-read for him.

All of this makes it seem to me that Galz is scum trying to change (or avoid) his scum meta. He has posted a lot but his content is not that great, even for D1.

This is the best read I think I've had so far.
First Vote: Galzria
Second Vote: Ashersky (Little content despite having RL reasons to lurk)
Third Vote: Grujah for actually lurking hardcore.

Here is the post I was referencing from Galz:

Well I disappear for a day and you all get serious.

Thoughts:
Shraeye doesn't seem scummy over those posts, and I really have a hard time seeing anything he posted as a legitimate "scumslip". That said, his reactions WERE a bit more confrontational than anything he ever posted in M-IX, and certainly it doesn't match to the personality I know in Diplomacy. It may be as good as Abby other vote if nothing has been found by deadline, but I don't think it's a good press right now. Certainly going to be watching a bit more closely.

eHunts posts on the other hand really did rub me the wrong way, but I would be hard pressed to say exactly why. I don't know if it's tone related or content related. Well, it's not exactly content related. I don't agree with everything he's said, but I do agree with some. It's just... His inflection? His assertiveness? I don't know. But something about the way he's said what he has puts me on edge. Still, not going to vote for him now because maybe it really is just the construction of his posts that bug me. Certainly he seemed scummy in past games to me and was town, so I'll try to filter any reads I have on him (especially gut reads and not content reads) through the "is that just how I read eHunt" lense.

Joth has been leaning back towards his sarcastic days, and I'm not sure how to read it. It's stood out to me though, but I always have to be careful here. Joth has never actually been Mafia, despite being in a number of games, so all of my reads on him of being scum to date have been wrong (I pegged him as scum D1 in M-III, but he was SK) Still, this Joth seems a little edgy to me... So I'll be keeping an eye on his posts.

Nobody else has really jumped out at me. For the people saying (and I notice this coming from mostly new players) that "meta-information means little because people can change the way they play at anytime" - Quite bluntly, you're wrong. You may subconsciously try, hell you may consciously try - but it isn't that simple. People have certain tendencies as both town and scum that, no matter how hard they try to change them, still come across in their posts. When I'm scum, I'm very confident. Town has a tendency to trust me almost universally. When I'm town, I get suspected a LOT more, and always seem very scummy to at least a handful of people (often townies). I've known this meta about myself since M-III. I've actively tried to change it from both standpoints (being scum Abe being town). At the end of the day however, the meta usually holds true. The same is true for my reads on Robz. I can nearly always peg him correctly. And Robz is very, very good at reading Voltgloss. None of us want to be locked into a meta, but there are always little things throughout every game that are consistent matches to a scum/town personality for any given player. And they're things that the player simply can't help.

Lastly, card-naming: Generally I think that it's a bad idea en-masse. However, I'm not sure that claiming on your death bed is detrimental to town. I was scum in BMMM and we were warned about card-claiming, flavor claiming,side claiming, etc. At the end of the game however, we scum had no information about any such claims that would've helped us. Certain town members however, did. In RMM-I and RMM-II we debated card claiming, but again I'm not sure that scum had any more information that would've made such claims useful than various members of the town. My point is, I think that putting the information out there (which is likely to be revealed upon death, although we can get that clarified) before the hammer falls is *probably* going to be more beneficial to town than not. Still, I think each person is different and the final decision should be left to them.

And again I'd encourage everyone to reread everything he's written and form your own reads.
"Quiet you, you'll lynch Dsell when I'm good and ready" - Insomniac

Winner of Forum Survivor Season 2!
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 164  All

Page created in 0.063 seconds with 20 queries.