Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 164  All

Author Topic: Mafia XI: Find Yourself in the Courtyard Masquerade -- GAME OVER, TOWN WINS  (Read 318905 times)

ftl

• Mountebank
  • Shuffle iT Username: ftl
    • View Profile

I'm onboard with either of those lynches.

For now, I'll switch to Vote: Ibgtennis , since O is at least in here and defending himself now.

shraeye

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: shraeye
  • More Graph Theory please
    • View Profile

I'm onboard with either of those lynches.

For now, I'll switch to Vote: Ibgtennis , since O is at least in here and defending himself now.

O is here.

O is not defending himself.

O

• Jester
    • View Profile

I have nothing to defend myself against...

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile

yeah, Galz. With all these real wagons around, all this lurker lynch talk does seem scummy.

I mean, I get it, I do. But going into Day 2 I'm going to be most suspicious of the people pushing for a nice, safe, lurker lynch. Aren't you?
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

shraeye

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: shraeye
  • More Graph Theory please
    • View Profile

Interesting perspective.
Vote: O

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile

yeah, Galz. With all these real wagons around, all this lurker lynch talk does seem scummy.

I mean, I get it, I do. But going into Day 2 I'm going to be most suspicious of the people pushing for a nice, safe, lurker lynch. Aren't you?

If said lynch flips town? Sure. But your argument that we have all these other wagons around must be taken with a spoonful of "f.ds sucks at wagoning scum D1". I'm not saying eHunt, or Shraeye, or Yuma aren't scum. In fact they very well could be. But they're posting in such a way that we can quantify our suspicion on them and lynch them for it at a future time if we deem it appropriate. The lurkers are not defining themselves to us at all however. As scum or town. Thus if town they carry no credibility, and if scum there won't ever be a case against them. It creates the bozzball situation if town, and Glooble issue if scum. In both situations, unless you disallow it, it'll always be an acceptable way to play.
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile

I'm going to try to be V/LA for ~24 hours, so that I can get some stuff done IRL.  I may not be entirely successful in this endeavour, but I just wanted to let you guys know, just in case.

TheMunch

• Swindler
    • View Profile

Shraeye called you out for not giving your opinion on a list of topics that have come and gone while you were too lonely on your pedestal to participate in conversations that "weren't interesting enough for you."  You have plenty to answer for and if you dont see it, I'm on board the Vote: O train too.

ibgtennis

• View Profile
    • Alone in the Green Room

Hey everybody,

I'm finally here. I'm sorry I was away all weekend and catching up with work IRL until an hour ago ago. Then, because of my painfully obvious newbie status, I read through all possible roles/mods and then caught up on the thread.

Too tired to metagame right now, and RVS seems ridiculous anyway, so I'll just Vote: ftl because of all the people who have voted for me (and unvoted), he's singled me out twice. So there.

ibgtennis

• View Profile
    • Alone in the Green Room

And yes, for the record it is "ibgtennis" not igbtennis.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile

Good to have you here, ibg! Or is it tennis? Which would you prefer?

Too tired to metagame right now, and RVS seems ridiculous anyway, so I'll just Vote: ftl because of all the people who have voted for me (and unvoted), he's singled me out twice. So there.

(This must be the mother of all OMGUS's.  :)) Why do you think ftl going after you so hard makes him scummy?

O

• Jester
    • View Profile

I disagree with that scale.
vote: O

Interesting perspective.

He's right in that we DON'T want scum to be able to slip into D2 with no effort. O!!! Get in here. Talk. Do you think yuma is scummy? Do you think cayvie is scummy? And igbtennis is just not here yet. But O was. And he chose to leave without  anything more than a single vote and a half-sentence "meta" justification. AND IT'S FRIGGIN WORKING. THERE'S NO O WAGON. NOT OKAY.  (and ibgtennis too, but he just hasn't been here at all.)
Yes.  actually, 1000 times yes.  I'm pretty fed up with us being like...watch out lurkers, or we're going to say "shame on you" real loud.  Lurking has consequences.  Starting now. 
I don't care that you've shown up since then to explain why you aren't commenting.  I care that you weren't commenting.  This vote is not "let me put this here until he shows up."  This vote is let's lynch O for he was lurking, by his own admission
No it's just that this thread's been uninteresting so far, except for Ehunt's attempt to make it even more devoid of content.
I think Ftl is the only scummy one on my wagon: I've never used "lolz I'm O" before, people have made that argument for me. And the "I've seen scum O play and this is how he plays" is a very very big scumtell to me IMO when I'm town: It's how I locked in on Glooble after replacing into RMM2.

Also note that my absence has caused more discussion than my presence did.
No, as eevee points out your absence hasn't caused more discussion than your presence did, it just cause people to say "where is o?"

your absence let you get by without voicing an opinion on "is shraeye sarcastic? if so, what does that mean?" debate.  It let you get by without commenting on or voicing opinions about the cayvie/yuma issue.  Voltaire has made a not crazy suggestion to use lynching to draw out information on relationships by lynchin yuma or me.  I'm not crazy about getting lynched, especially because I think that my wagon was still partly in RVS stage and felt less like an alignment question than "was cayvie's softclaim pro-town or not, and what does yuma voting for her mean? Was yuma role-fishing?"  If either of these lynches go through, then still nobody knows anything about how you stand in relation to other players.  THAT IS WHY LURKING IS BAD FOR TOWN.  And that is why I'm voting for you.  I heartily encourage all players who at some point put a vote on O for lurking to put it back.  Him showing up to say "yes I was lurking and nothing looked interesting" should not be a reason to forgive him for that lurking.

Let the record show that Shraeye has voted for me three times in a row inexplicably, without ever taking his vote off me.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile

He must really not like you then, uh? What else do you know?

O

• Jester
    • View Profile

I know you all aren't going to end up lynching me, and this lurker-hunt has done nothing but spawn several contentless pages.

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile

I know you all aren't going to end up lynching me, and this lurker-hunt has done nothing but spawn several contentless pages.

::) vote: O if you're gonna be like that
18:28 MEASURE YOUR LIFE IN LOVE: you shouldve done the decent thing and resign rather than go on being that lucky all the time

she/her

O

• Jester
    • View Profile

keep it coming. Only scum though, wouldn't want a townie to be mislynched because they got triggerhappy and chased after me.

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile

keep it coming. Only scum though, wouldn't want a townie to be mislynched because they got triggerhappy and chased after me.

oh good point

unvote
18:28 MEASURE YOUR LIFE IN LOVE: you shouldve done the decent thing and resign rather than go on being that lucky all the time

she/her

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile

oh good point

unvote
Do you have a post restriction, cayvie?

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile

oh good point

unvote

no, what's up?

she/her

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile

oh good point

unvote

no, what's up?
if your comment was a joke, that unvote was weird. if it wasn't a joke, it's even weirder.

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile

eh, mostly just realized i didn't want to be voting O, and decided to say some other words along with it

she/her

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile

i see. it was weird because what O said was really not a good point at all..

Voltgloss

• Conspirator
    • View Profile

Unvote

ibgtennis has arrived, although to have one's first post be an OMGUS (Oh My God U Suck) retaliatory vote is kinda less than ideal.  But at least it's a start.

What's the current votecount?

Cuzz

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Cuzz
    • View Profile

Unvote

ibgtennis has arrived, although to have one's first post be an OMGUS (Oh My God U Suck) retaliatory vote is kinda less than ideal.  But at least it's a start.

What's the current votecount?

I think we can let this slide a bit coming from someone so new. OMGUS is kind of a natural thing at first, even if you're town. Then you learn it's not so helpful. This coming from someone who's completed a whopping 2 games so far.

TheMunch

• Swindler
    • View Profile

Can we talk a little more about O convincing Cayvie to pull back the vote with a nothing argument?  I dont understand why that is not a thing.  Eevee said it; I would like more said.  I dont know by who or about what.  However, I dont know whether to side with Cayvie for following her own no-town-lynch rule and correcting the mistake or to side against Cayvie for breaking it so easily.
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 164  All

Page created in 0.054 seconds with 16 queries.