Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 164  All

Author Topic: Mafia XI: Find Yourself in the Courtyard Masquerade -- GAME OVER, TOWN WINS  (Read 318885 times)

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile

Sorry for editing my post!  I seriously didn't know this was not a thing you were supposed to do.  When writing my post I realized that I had used a double negative someplace so I changed it and had it saying "town" in a place that should have said "scum" given the changes to the negations of some statements for clarity.  For hilarity I will change my avatar to the cheat shortly.  Also why is editing posts a bad thing? It has a timestamp so you know that I did it right after I posted.  I could see why you wouldn't want someone to edit their post from forever ago though.

If you could edit posts, then I could have fixed this:

I have 0% chance of flipping town

This was from M8, and I was completely accurate.  I was scum, and indeed has a 0% chance of flipping town.
I support funsockets.... taking as much time as they need to get it right.

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile

Sorry for editing my post!  I seriously didn't know this was not a thing you were supposed to do.  When writing my post I realized that I had used a double negative someplace so I changed it and had it saying "town" in a place that should have said "scum" given the changes to the negations of some statements for clarity.  For hilarity I will change my avatar to the cheat shortly.  Also why is editing posts a bad thing? It has a timestamp so you know that I did it right after I posted.  I could see why you wouldn't want someone to edit their post from forever ago though.

This was from M8, and I was completely accurate.  I was scum, and indeed has a 0% chance of flipping town.

Anddddddddd I called you on it but everyone was all meh it wasn't a scum slip just an honest mistake.
"It is one of [Insomniacs] badges of pride that he will bus anyone, at any time, and he has done it over and over on day 1. I am completely serious, it is like the biggest part of his meta." - Dsell

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile

You still got me!
I support funsockets.... taking as much time as they need to get it right.

Voltgloss

• Conspirator
    • View Profile

Anddddddddd I called you on it but everyone was all meh it wasn't a scum slip just an honest mistake.

I agreed with you Insom!  I was already dead though, for committing the cardinal "sin" of sussing out ScumRobz on Day 2  ;D

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems

Ok, I'm back. I will unvote because shraeye doesn't look scummy to me anymore.

Vote: Grujah for showing up, voting on me, and disappearing. Given my history I'm a really easily justified target, probably an excellent candidate for a scum-led day one lynch. Call this OMGUS if you want, but it stood out to me, and not in a good way.

ehunt, just a question of clarification - when you say "once a day", did you mean game day or real life day? Because I think that confusion might be why some people are jumping on you.

I think town!Glooble pointing to something as a scum tell and then shortly thereafter doing that thing is a lot more likely than scum!Glooble doing that.

He/ Him

Check out my podcast: www.stppodcast.com

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile

Vote: Grujah for showing up, voting on me, and disappearing. Given my history I'm a really easily justified target, probably an excellent candidate for a scum-led day one lynch. Call this OMGUS if you want, but it stood out to me, and not in a good way.

ehunt, just a question of clarification - when you say "once a day", did you mean game day or real life day? Because I think that confusion might be why some people are jumping on you.

He pretty clearly means real life day.
"It is one of [Insomniacs] badges of pride that he will bus anyone, at any time, and he has done it over and over on day 1. I am completely serious, it is like the biggest part of his meta." - Dsell

TheMunch

• Swindler
    • View Profile

What changed? I noticed you said he was suspicious for reasons not the scumslip. I called you out on it and farted to know your reasons. Then without addressing me you changed your vote off shraeye. What changed?

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile

farted?
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems

What changed? I noticed you said he was suspicious for reasons not the scumslip. I called you out on it and farted to know your reasons. Then without addressing me you changed your vote off shraeye. What changed?

My original reason for voting him was basically that the whole "acti-lurking" post really looked like jumping on something for the sake of having something to jump on, which is something that scum do. What changed is everyone jumped on shraeye's "scumslip" and I realized that shraeye jumping on ashersky wasn't that different, and maybe this was just day one town desperately grasping for talking points. Then I decided shraeye wasn't scummy enough to have 7 votes on him.

I think town!Glooble pointing to something as a scum tell and then shortly thereafter doing that thing is a lot more likely than scum!Glooble doing that.

He/ Him

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems

I think "wanted" was autocorrected to "farted". I can't wait to get a smart phone so I can made hilarious errors!

He/ Him

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems

Apologies for not addressing you. I read like 4 pages to catch up, and must have missed your question.

He/ Him

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile

Hey, I was going to try to disguise this but then I decided not to.

It's particularly bad for me (not specifying further) to be voting on a townie lynch, so, until I'm absolutely sure, I'm probably going to duck out of a lot of wagons before lynch.
18:28 MEASURE YOUR LIFE IN LOVE: you shouldve done the decent thing and resign rather than go on being that lucky all the time

she/her

TheMunch

• Swindler
    • View Profile

I think "wanted" was autocorrected to "farted". I can't wait to get a smart phone so I can made hilarious errors!

Yup, phone typo.  Thanks for responding.  I still would have liked to hear all of this much sooner.  I think if, when you had voted Shraeye the first time, if you had included this information, maybe we would have been talking about Shraeye's intentions instead of talking about acti-lurking for pages on pages.  As such I still think its very suspicious to have changed your vote around as you did with little to no information.  On top of that I hold you personally responsible for the last 5 pages of junk, whether or not you read them.  :P

Vote: Glooble

I'll give ehunt a pass for now.  I still dont like how much hes trying to control the game.  I still care about the small slip I called him on before, but that is less suspicious than what I feel about Glooble.

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile

It's particularly bad for me (not specifying further) to be voting on a townie lynch, so, until I'm absolutely sure, I'm probably going to duck out of a lot of wagons before lynch.

That's... weird...

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile

That's... weird...

really really weird.... vote: cayvie

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile

That's... weird...

Wug? And here I was writing a "cayvie is probably town" note!

Yuma, why do you think that looks scummy? Same to eHalc if that's what you meant.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile

That's... weird...

Yuma, why do you think that looks scummy? Same to eHalc if that's what you meant.
Because it's bad town play if you're town and it's obvious so you must be scum...

...which I don't actually think makes sense, so no vote from me, but really, Fos: Eevee.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile

That's... weird...

for me: cayvie is normally so clear and specific in her writing... she has a focus and communicates it well. that is what she is known for by me. This is vague and confusing and is atypical for her. Really I have no idea what she is trying to communicate. If she can explain what it means in more depth I would consider removing my vote.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile

for me: cayvie is normally so clear and specific in her writing... she has a focus and communicates it well. that is what she is known for by me. This is vague and confusing and is atypical for her. Really I have no idea what she is trying to communicate. If she can explain what it means in more depth I would consider removing my vote.
Mmmmm I don't like this one bit. Let's not compound a mistake. Eevee, shhhhhhh!

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
    • View Profile

That's... weird...

I'm not sure I agree. It's a softclaim and a maybe-explanation for her future actions. But since those future actions are explicitly not scummy (she will try to avoid town wagons) and since it limits her future falseclaiming ability (if she were scum) it doesn't strike me as an overly scummy thing to say.
"Quiet you, you'll lynch Dsell when I'm good and ready" - Insomniac

Winner of Forum Survivor Season 2!

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile

what?

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile

Welp, I'm not explaining further right now so give up on it :)

In fact, I feel like I said exactly what I wanted to in a clear and concise manner, and yuma is accusing me of the opposite and pressing for info which I've already said I'm unwilling to give.

vote: yuma
18:28 MEASURE YOUR LIFE IN LOVE: you shouldve done the decent thing and resign rather than go on being that lucky all the time

she/her

Cuzz

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Cuzz
    • View Profile

Vote: yuma for blatant rolefishing.

(Hi folks. Finally caught up. FoS on anyone who has ever used the word "acti-lurking," or criticized or defended anyone else for doing so, and this does now include myself).

Voltgloss

• Conspirator
    • View Profile

ehunt, watch:  here's how you respond to blatant rolefishing.

Vote: yuma

PPE:  Ninja'd by Cuzz and cayvie.  With whom I agree.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile

well that was decisive.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 164  All

Page created in 0.1 seconds with 16 queries.